Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2015 5:31 AM

Mar 2015
Yup this definitely reminds me of age of war the game
Jul 11, 2015 5:40 AM

Mar 2015
singleturbo said:

They supposedly sent in some scouts before, but their first major move is to just roll in with tanks and men and get into a fight with a much inferior force? Wouldn't they send in drones and have all sorts of recon on the (potential) enemy first? I'd imagine the world would spend years investigating before even making a move. Also, I'm sure they would definitely know how the gate works before making a major move.

I mean how do you go "lets see what this place is like" AFTER you just walk in and decimate over 100,000 Roman-empire age people? Yeah I get rolling in and kicking *** after being attacked, but don't pull the pacifist card after that "JAPAN **** yeah!" display and then also toss a jab at the USA at the same time.

A couple of points:

-They can't use drones. No satellites, which are needed for drone navigation and video transmission.

-The JSDF "rolled in" and established a fortified base. Then the Empire attacked it and got butchered. Its not as if the Japanese we out to conquer the whole place.

1) They scouted the immediate area beyond the Gate before sending the main force.

2) the main force entered and established a fortified base to secure the far end of the Gate so no more bad guys can attack through it.

3) They have now sent out six more recon patrols to further investigate the area, and also make contact with the inhabitants.

Logical, methodical, reasonable.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jul 11, 2015 5:53 AM
Mar 2010
NettoAzure said:
HELLSATAN said:

That name always makes me want to go to a bar.

I can't remember. Did the JSDF members react to that name? XD

I dint know but seriously Pinia Colada I really want to go to a bar right now.
Jul 11, 2015 5:59 AM

Aug 2014
It was an alright episode, but a bit slow at times. It looks like they're in an alternate dimension of medieval Europe, considering how they passed by Stonehenge. I'm hoping that the fight doesn't become incredibly one-sided though, it will remove all tension. 3/5
Jul 11, 2015 5:59 AM

Nov 2009
Sid Meier's civilization the anime, so far it's interesting I just hope that the political and military aspect won't get overshadowed by the otaku/harem crap because it would ruin everything (guess I'm one of the few people who doesn't wait to meet the loli wizard and the gothic loli priestess).
Jul 11, 2015 6:01 AM

Nov 2014
That was brutal, killing hundred thousands heartlessly. And that fantasy world emperor, is he really serious! What a way to ensure being in power!

Best thing about this show in my opinion is Youji, I really like him.
Jul 11, 2015 6:02 AM

Jan 2013
Till now no one mentioned Empire Earth.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 11, 2015 6:25 AM
Mar 2010
Hakaya said:
That was brutal, killing hundred thousands heartlessly. And that fantasy world emperor, is he really serious! What a way to ensure being in power!

Best thing about this show in my opinion is Youji, I really like him.

Similar to how the accent civilization are like
Jul 11, 2015 6:32 AM
Aug 2008
Top_Sergeant said:

A couple of points:

-They can't use drones. No satellites, which are needed for drone navigation and video transmission.

? What do you mean?

Drone works without satellite just fine. You just can't use GPS.

Video transmission also done through terrestrial station.

Heck, simple WiFi Drone should still works. Simple RC should still works.

I even assume their map was made using Drone because there was no runway for airplane.

BTW their audio communication seems using SW. no satellite needed. Goes to all around the world by atmosphere reflection
Jul 11, 2015 6:43 AM

Jun 2013
you kinda feel sad for them because they have no idea about the power of modern weapons this is gonna be full of politics isn't it
Jul 11, 2015 6:45 AM

Jul 2011
orangpelupa said:
Top_Sergeant said:

A couple of points:

? What do you mean?

I even assume their map was made using Drone because there was no runway for airplane.

BTW their audio communication seems using SW. no satellite needed. Goes to all around the world by atmosphere reflection

i think he means UAVs not quad-copters drones.
Jul 11, 2015 6:48 AM
Mar 2010
DawnJ said:

I prefer age of empires just saying.
Jul 11, 2015 6:49 AM
Mar 2010
orangpelupa said:
Top_Sergeant said:

A couple of points:

? What do you mean?

you are aware that those things have limited range right.

PS. Their also have limited budget and there is a possibility of them retreating and living behind equipment so why use drones that cause millions of dollars we a possibility of living then behind didn't they say their weapons are practically disposable.
HELLSATANJul 11, 2015 6:55 AM
Jul 11, 2015 7:08 AM

Oct 2014
HELLSATAN said:
DawnJ said:

Age of Empires doesn't have modern age. Empire Earth does.
Jul 11, 2015 7:22 AM

Feb 2013
I really like the idea of a modern army fighting a fantasy army. But I can't say I love the writing of this show. Evil empire, harem, bla bla bla. It kinda just not interesting with how they could have used the idea, feels like same old same old. Still somewhat entertaining.
Or maybe it is just that the main character is so goofy it hard to take it seriously.
PoisonedTeaJul 11, 2015 7:32 AM
Jul 11, 2015 7:23 AM

Sep 2014
Alright this episode was sorta better. Such a one-sided slaughter tho lol. And we finally see that elf girl. Let's see if it actually proves to be decent by episode 6.
Jul 11, 2015 7:24 AM

Jul 2011
PoisonedTea said:
I really like the idea of a modern army fighting a fantasy army. But I can't say I love the writing of this show. Evil empire, harem, bla bla bla. It kinda just not interesting with how they could have used the idea, feels like same old same old. Still somewhat entertaining.

harem? what harem? the pops and the cat-girls lover?
Jul 11, 2015 7:33 AM

Feb 2013
kataklism said:

never heard of a gay harem.
Jul 11, 2015 7:47 AM
Mar 2010
Grey-Zone said:
HELLSATAN said:

Age of Empires doesn't have modern age. Empire Earth does.

But I like age of empires
Jul 11, 2015 7:47 AM

Jul 2011
PoisonedTea said:
kataklism said:

never heard of a gay harem.

then there is no harem here.
Jul 11, 2015 7:58 AM

Oct 2014
Anyone who dislikes Itami also dislikes O'neill from Stargate, in short they have sh*t taste, fite me!
Jul 11, 2015 8:04 AM

Sep 2013
Swaggercandy said:
Yup this definitely reminds me of age of war the game
i thought it was Civ 5...
Jul 11, 2015 8:16 AM

Oct 2014
It was a large improvement over the first episode! I've heard that a lot was skipped from the original source material though; mainly for censorship and stuff..
Jul 11, 2015 8:23 AM
Aug 2008
@kataklism
Uav also can fly without GPS

@HELLSATAN
Spoiler from Manga but I think it's shown a bit on anime ep 2 too.

Btw drones like predator can fly very far and high. Heck, 'hobby' rc plane can fly to kilometers range complete with video live feed.
Jul 11, 2015 8:24 AM
Aug 2008
Intelos said:
It was a large improvement over the first episode! I've heard that a lot was skipped from the original source material though; mainly for censorship and stuff..

But the story itself is expanded on anime and I like that. Make the story and character motivation flow more natural
Jul 11, 2015 9:17 AM

Oct 2014
I really like the main character he has an awesome personality and the waifu part was funny

It looks like the first girl appeared and she's really cute

That was some war xD the humans are tearing it up

gotta feel bad for there army being wiped out by japan like that
Jul 11, 2015 9:45 AM
Nov 2012
orangpelupa said:
King: but make sure to never actually send our men. <-- the one eyed dude in battlefield actually realized this dirty strategy and wonders why that one kingdom did not send army

No, the king already used up most of his own Imperial Army. They did the invasion of Japan. Those units of his army are dead or captured. Then the JDSF came through the Gate with an armored division, where more of the Imperial Army was waiting. That part of the Imperial Army is dead.

The first scene in the Imperial Senate discusses their losses.
oldskoolpunkJul 11, 2015 11:12 PM
Jul 11, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2011
eh, was planning on reading the manga instead of the anime, but the anime has just much better character design and "flow of plot", also the manga's scans suck in translation past a certain point, want it or not, i'll keep watching the anime.
Jul 11, 2015 10:24 AM

May 2014
Hahahaha this episode was fantastic.
That part where the otaku and his friend were singing in the car was the best XD.
Jul 11, 2015 10:24 AM

Apr 2013
Just watched the first two episodes of this and I'm feeling it. I love escalation. I just can't resist it when a country in a show just goes "'MURICA!!" all over some uncivilized plebs.
Jul 11, 2015 12:07 PM

May 2013
You can clearly see the technology advantage Japan has over the Special Region.
And we have freakin' United States at the side, waiting for the chance to take resources.

Pinya and Kuribayashi are pretty cute. And here's elf girl! (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jul 11, 2015 12:10 PM

Jul 2011
Fireego said:
And we have freakin' United States at the side, waiting for the chance to take resources.

it's piña, piña co lada, i know the author made weird choices for names, but the name's that.

i just can't bear anymore to see people misspelling names like that due to foolish reasons.
Jul 11, 2015 12:19 PM

May 2015
Nice episode. That army got totally wiped by the JSDF, that was total annihilation. The difference in warfare's so obvious. That singing though, lol. So far still enjoying this show a lot, hope it'll keep delivering. And of course it had to stop right there, lol.

Jul 11, 2015 1:03 PM

Feb 2014
Oddly satisfying to watch men with swords and bows getting obliterated by modern firepower
Jul 11, 2015 1:29 PM

Nov 2012
H-H-Hareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem OoO

Jul 11, 2015 1:30 PM

Jul 2011
livingdarknet said:

spoiler: nope.
Jul 11, 2015 2:20 PM

Jul 2011
Good god the other army got OBLITERATED. It just goes to say that time really does come a long way. I mean miltary tactics and weaponry and all that good shit has really changed over time.
The episode was pretty good. I like how the MC is typically nonchalant about the whole army business. Really he's just questioning his presence as a military commander lol.
And is that an elf/fairy girl I see at the end right there? My goodness this show is like the melting pot of modern/fantasy settings.
Jul 11, 2015 3:53 PM
Mar 2010
orangpelupa said:
@kataklism
Uav also can fly without GPS

@HELLSATAN
Spoiler from Manga but I think it's shown a bit on anime ep 2 too.

Btw drones like predator can fly very far and high. Heck, 'hobby' rc plane can fly to kilometers range complete with video live feed.

You can do mapping with regular aircraft you don't have to use drones to do that drones just makes it easier.

On a side note I kinda want to see drones being used though.
Jul 11, 2015 4:18 PM

Mar 2015
orangpelupa said:
Top_Sergeant said:

A couple of points:

? What do you mean?

1) This is the military so I assumed you meant military UAVs, which use GPS.

2) The radios in their vehicles are FM unless they re-equipped all their vehicles with something else.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jul 11, 2015 4:51 PM

Oct 2013
>The so called "Empire" has enslaved people
>Commited Gennocide
>Has a tyrant Emperor

...And Now the USA has set the eyes on the portal.

This will end up with DEMOCRACY and FreeDOOM
-------

I totally love every aspect of this anime.
Jul 11, 2015 5:05 PM

Dec 2008
After its first episode Gate seemed to be a modern version of Those Who Hunt Elves, after the second episode it can be, without any doubt, nicknamed: Age of Empires / Empire Earth the Anime.
Jul 11, 2015 5:10 PM

Oct 2014
desuminator said:
After its first episode Gate seemed to be a modern version of Those Who Hunt Elves, after the second episode it can be, without any doubt, nicknamed: Age of Empires / Empire Earth the Anime.

More Empire Earth. Age of Empire's "ages" don't reach up to modern times.
Jul 11, 2015 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
Grey-Zone said:
desuminator said:

It's like setting a fun escenario in Earth, when you start with tanks, mortars and soldiers.. while your opponent it's still in the Iron Age.
Jul 11, 2015 6:51 PM

May 2012
How do they know of the language that they speak on the other side of the gate?
Jul 11, 2015 7:24 PM
Jul 2015
arilando said:

JSDF interrogate POWs to learn their language. There are about 6000 POWs from Ginza Incident.
They can use picture to aid their conversation, like Itami when he talk to the head of Koda village or JSDF officer investigated rabbit attack in Alnus.
511423214989Jul 11, 2015 7:30 PM
Jul 11, 2015 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
arilando said:
Close scouting of local villages. They've been here for a whole month.

Plus the above ^^^^^
Jul 11, 2015 9:43 PM

Apr 2015
salmon3669 said:
arilando said:
Close scouting of local villages. They've been here for a whole month.

Plus the above ^^^^^

Record their talking and let AI computers do the decoding.
#CHEXIT
Jul 12, 2015 3:30 AM

Dec 2008
Grey-Zone said:
desuminator said:

Don't forget about cheats, rarely anything screams modern as getting your enemies flattened with Shelby Cobras and Tommynators :P
Jul 12, 2015 3:34 AM
Mar 2010
arilando said:

From the prisoners they captured it was not shown in the anime but they did capture since prisoners.
Jul 12, 2015 3:38 AM
Mar 2010
kataklism said:
Fireego said:

it's pi&ntilde;a, pi&ntilde;a co lada, i know the author made weird choices for names, but the name's that.

i just can't bear anymore to see people misspelling names like that due to foolish reasons.

so not picking about the spelling maybe he can't spell the ñ on his computer I know I can't cause I don't know how so I went with the name Pinia cause its still sound the same.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

207 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

186 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

291 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

283 by Myetx »»
Mar 30, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

188 by Strahan »»
Mar 24, 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.