Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 30, 2009 7:28 AM

Feb 2008
Epic!

The way Lockon defeated Revive certainly was excellent. Review should have seen the look on his face ;) And Hallelujah defeating Hilling was pretty good as well.

But the main feature, Ribbons vs Setsuna was epic! It surpasses everything I have seen before. Reborn Gundam vs 00 Gundam and 0 Gundam vs Gundam Exia... Yeah, that was good.

So this series is a definite 10/10 and it overtook the first place on my favourite anime list.
Mar 30, 2009 7:42 AM

Mar 2008
oh man.. it's a really really long wait to 2010...
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Mar 30, 2009 7:47 AM

Nov 2007
can i see the movie now please? XD 5/5 for me ^^
Mar 30, 2009 9:34 AM

Dec 2008
Wow that was an ending Id never,never have expected from this show

Hallelujah owned the dirty Innovator,such a cool bastard
Lyle's last strike was also great.

Exia's appearance was good,too bad that it got wrecked ; (
Setsuna is a crash kid,wrecked two Gundams in ten minutes XD

I liked Gundam 00 S2 more than S1,happy ending ftw

Patricks scene was great,hooray for wedding XD

who was the one who comitted suicide?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2009 9:41 AM

Oct 2008
homer.
Mar 30, 2009 9:49 AM

Dec 2008
Ah ok,thanks

On first sight I thought it was Graham ; D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2009 9:54 AM

Jan 2009
Very nice!! Possibly the best ending I've seen this year *waits for soul eater*... Aleluya is nuts!!! I loved it when he went psycho XD can't wait for the movie....oh wait.. it's in a yr :/

Mar 30, 2009 9:57 AM
Feb 2008
Oh that was expected ^^ but still I liked the ending
I guess we have to wait until 2010 to see more (even thought this could have a 3rd season in my opinion) anyway good anime 9/10
Mar 30, 2009 10:37 AM

Feb 2009
Just clarifying - saw a lot of people asking who did the suicide/sempuku and as "Frito" said

Name: Homer Katagiri
The uncle of Billy Katagiri. He is the commander of the A-Laws.
Mar 30, 2009 11:07 AM

Oct 2008
quote my name. muahahahahahaha
Mar 30, 2009 12:20 PM
Nov 2008
battle was good.....YEY..PATRICK LIVES..and he's getting married..rofl..best part and funniest in gundam history..GOGO...

whaaaat..setsuna doesn't get marina..nor feldt..? *disappointed*

all in all..pretty good ending..it was a very good series..i think i liked it best..especially with the new type of gundam..teleportation gundam..=))..rofl...waaa..i want more of miyano mamoru's voice..:(
Mar 30, 2009 12:22 PM

Feb 2009
I was afraid that the last battle wouldn't be so epic after last episode's preview, but in the end it was some pretty awesome 3 vs 3.

Some things I liked here :

- Hallelujah in psycho mode owning an innovator
- Lockon showing what skill means (lol)
- Exia final
- Patrick marrying Kati : fuck yeah, it's fanfiction comes true! :D

Some things I didn't like :

- Marina not dead
- Her song (again)
- The children
- Stella... I mean Louise becoming a little girl again
- Andrei alive and continuing to be kind of stupid
- Billy probably giving it to Sumeragi
- No Trans-Graham
- Naked Tiera in space
- Hilary Clinton replacing Obama

Now concerning season 2, I felt like it was comparable to it's 2 endings. The first part was okay, it wasn't so cheesy, the protagonists weren't all emo yet, and I actually didn't want any of the characters to die. But then again not much happend and there weren't any memorable action scenes. Then came the melodrama, the bad writing, and... omg Marina Ranka and her daycare... This was only saved by the quite frequent awesome battles and high quality animation.

Overall I enjoyed the show, and it wasn't as annoying as watching Seed Destiny, but there were too many mistakes made for it to be great, like S1. Giving it a 7/10.

Now like everyone else, I'll be waiting for the movie. Here's hoping it won't be about naked people in space making love to aliens while singing a song...
AlexstratzMar 30, 2009 12:25 PM
Mar 30, 2009 12:42 PM

Jun 2008
Alexstratz said:
Now like everyone else, I'll be waiting for the movie. Here's hoping it won't be about naked people in space making love to aliens while singing a song...

I lol'd

I'm giving this a 6/10 instead of the 5/10 that I planned to give it though I'm still mad that Nena is dead and Louise is still alive. Grr!!
Mar 30, 2009 1:03 PM

Apr 2008
Damnit, now we gotta watch the movie huh?

SO much stuff happened. Too much..climax. And when Ribbons' mech transformedi nt oa gundam, I was like "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" Then he got the 0 Gundam and it was even cooler. PArody ;)

PATTI-CAKE!!!!! (patrick) THE WEDDING *Doubles over* Buwoowooo. I nearly cried.
Mar 30, 2009 1:07 PM

Apr 2008
ios said:
perito77 said:
ultimaweaponx said:

Actually theres more

Actually actually there is EVEN more :)

Maybe a Movie hint? Your thoughts?

OH! I thought I was imagining things. o-O

Good endings are nice ;)

EDIT:

Forgot, what's with Jupiter and where did Hallejulah come from all of a sudden?

Lockon whooping on..who was it again, was great!
shakeyourpup45Mar 30, 2009 1:28 PM
Mar 30, 2009 2:37 PM

Mar 2009
PATRICK LIVES! :o
Not only that but he marries Kati!? One of the best moments in the episode xD
Hallelujah was badass fighting. I loved his psycho laughing through the whole thing.

Pssh whats this? Marina got a happy ending through she did nothing? And here I was hoping she was going to die somewhere in the series v_v

Anyways overall it was a good ending. Oh 2010, why must you be so far away T-T
Mar 30, 2009 2:45 PM
Dec 2007
Extremely strange and half-assed ending, it felt like watching Wing wasting time before Endless Waltz. Sunrise finally decided to reboot the series and not doing anything in the end, which is what I hate the most in any kind of ending.

However, animation and art were totally fantastic in this episode, beyond almost any series I have watched till today, as were the battles. Even if this episode felt pointless and utterly rushed, the second season was far better than the first one and deserved a higher score, so I gave it 8/10.

Overall an average Gundam series, that I would rank approximately at the tenth position in the Gundam history (no, no, it's not so bad, actually the first season made me believe it could be much worse).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 30, 2009 3:10 PM

Jun 2007
Paddy is alive. Yes! And he got married to Kati, which is nice.

Marina is back in her element serving her people, meaning she isn't as useless.

Lyle decides to fight on. I like him more now, but Neil was better.

Movie in 2010? I look forward to it. A whole year forward. :[

A good series, I thought. It has convinced me that I can enjoy Gundam, so I am now going to go right back to the start and try Mobile Suit Gundam. Amuro Ray and co., here I come!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Mar 30, 2009 3:23 PM
Sep 2008
Nice ending. Actually , what I enjoyed the most was the ending song ( Daybreak's bell once again Yay :) )
I'm pretty surprised they pulled it off with a nice ending , because after episode 20 things got kinda dull ... I mean, every third person was actually an innovator.

However, since we got to see Hallelujah and things like Gundam Exia ( I'm glad Setsuna defeated Ribons with Exia and not with the overpowered, super, mega, ulitmate Gundam 00 Raiser Trans-Am Burst or whatever it is ) , there is no way I can give less than 9 as an overall score.

Mar 30, 2009 5:19 PM

Oct 2008
It was a satisfying ending to a decent series. The movie preview at the end was lulz.

Lmao @ Tieria raping Ribbons. Hallelujah coming back was freakin awesome, as was Exia's reappearance. Daybreak's Bell and Anew's grave were nice touches as well.

Good for you Patrick, you finally got your woman. However, I'm still a bit pissed that Billy and Smirnov are still alive. In the end, all the main protagonists stayed alive, even Lyle who semi-redeemed himself. Hell, even Graham "Mr. Bushido" Acre is still alive.

All in all, the series started off great, but the ridiculous twin drive (lol I couldn't believe it when Ribbons had it) and all the innovation/GN particle stuff muddled up the show. I would equate it to the effect Code Geass R2 had. 8/10
Mar 30, 2009 5:23 PM

Sep 2008
I'm not gonna say this is the best Gundam Series ever, but this series really enjoyed me alot more than SEED. And because i don't really care for all small details like this saga plotholes or whatever, yeah i must admit the plotholes like GN-Drives/Particle problem really annoying sometimes. But the messages about "Understanding each other" really wonderful and it's truth.

okay maybe i will change my score from 9 to 8 now
i must admit '9' score too high for show which lack of chara development like this show.
but still awesome show !!!

ok little sarcasm and no offense to everyone here xD

I'm proud to be noob in Gundam series (yeah, i only watched till the end Wings & Seed) so I can enjoy this show so much.
Mar 30, 2009 7:47 PM

Jan 2008
I dont know what i was expecting of the ending, but i wasn't exactly satisfied with what happened. The battle was cool, but something still seemed missing. and wtf how is patrick still alive? the only thing i really liked a lot was the fact that Celestial Being didn't disband, they can still kick the world's ass if they need too.
Mar 30, 2009 8:04 PM

Jun 2008
I think the ending was ok desu, good guys and all bad guys dead? maybe not ribbons i guess. sestuna was too much of a war soldier to ever be in love or even think about another person to be with. atleast one person wish came true which was patrick hehe

overall good music, good action but lack a little drama as the first season or character development. i like to see what the movie offers next yr hehe
Mar 30, 2009 10:24 PM
Mar 2008
Patriku is such a gigah dahrhill breakah. Marina never got laid. Need more Louise psyco choking. Saw Anew-ish in the background. Marie is hot. Wonder what evil chillaxes on Jupiter. Can't wait till 2010. Wasn't satisfied with the ending, but it's good enough. Series did a good job of keeping me hard, I give it 9/10.
Mar 30, 2009 10:43 PM

Sep 2008
Cool ending, and lots of references to what might be coming up...

Gundamu vs Alien?
Gundamu vs Innovators vs Aliens?
Gundamu vs Innovators vs Bad Aliens vs Good Aliens?
Gundamu vs Predator vs Alien?

I cant wait to see!
Mar 30, 2009 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
Fai said:
BioHaj said:
Why the hell it will be released just in 2010???!!!

Its a reference, one of three references, actually, to a certain scifi writer ;)

If you are too young to know or notice, then just move on ;]

This intrigues me...

O_O I guess I am too young, but please clarify!

I would also like to know what three references?

9/10 in my opinion, I enjoyed it. Gundam 00 had ended my weekends off well since football season is long over, and basketball season is near playoffs already T_T
Mar 30, 2009 11:17 PM

Oct 2008
To quote darkcyder on Japanator,

They probably scrapped the SEED movie due to the fact it would be epic shit.

But on the 00 movie.....

Redzie: So the next Gundam 00 will have Gundams fighting aliens? WHA?!

Niko: They'll fight the Vajra

Redzie: DECULTURE!

Niko: DEGUNDAM!

Redzie: WATASHIWA KARESHII, GUNDAMU!

Niko: PINEAPPLE HAMBURGER!

Me: You 2 forgot that Marina will be the one saving the world....... WITH HER SONG!!!!!!!!!
Mar 31, 2009 4:01 AM

Oct 2007
And as always I am one of the last to think off posting my opinion. But it deserves an opinion. All I can say I enjoyed watching this series this past year. It kept me looking forward to the sunday/Monday which is my first plus :).

First I notice that as always there are actually people giving a extra low rating to a series. Atleast some actually tell why they did, but all they do is calling everything that everyone else calls epic stupid. Anyways my opinion:

9/10 because Gundam 00 made me enjoy the Monday.
ValashuMar 31, 2009 4:04 AM
Mar 31, 2009 9:58 AM

Feb 2009
Patrick is god. Luls
Mar 31, 2009 12:01 PM
Apr 2008
Am I the only one who thought this episode and the series as a whole was poorly handled?

Massive facepalm at ending trying to act deep...?

Watched in amazement at the radical change in views by most of the characters in the epilogue and them trying to portray everyone as being heroes.

To me the series felt like it was trying to hide the terribad predictable plot/pacing and character development behind the typical fight template and pretty particles.

Makes me wonder who in their right mind would let a script like this fall through.

Could have been MUCH better.

Season one was alot better imo

6/10
Mar 31, 2009 1:40 PM

Mar 2007
I thought overall it was a good series, but the ending I got mixed feelings. From the first season it seemed like they were trying to make it a Tragic Epic type of story, but they totally changed that mood with the S2 plot and ending. Some of the characters of Celestial Being should have died, and Patrick should have remained dead this time, if the series was to try and match with tones set forth by S1. I'm glad they're finally going to go and explain the Jupiter incident. I've been dying since they briefly showed it in S1 to figure out what happened and was a touch saddened when the credits started rolling for S2 w/o ever further explaining Celestial Being's beginnings on Jupiter. And then the teaser came, and I was pretty happy that there would be 1.5+ hours about the whole thing. Both seasons were good, and contrary to what I've seen other people write, I thought the character development was actually rather good, I don't think the critics realized that the Celestial Being pilots already developed to the point where there was not as much more to develop. Instead, the series focuses more on the minor characters like Soma and Saji, which I thought was nice. I think S1 was better simply because I found each EP's endings to be more dramatic, and S1 seemed much more philosophical in nature.
SukotsutsuMar 31, 2009 3:49 PM

Dibs on Ishida!
Mar 31, 2009 1:55 PM

Nov 2007
Really great show overall imo.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 31, 2009 2:48 PM

Oct 2007
Patrick and Setsuna were awesome. Naked!Tieria weirded me out a little...
I don't know how I feel about this ending. I guess...maybe 'that's it?'. It felt too happy or something? What about Graham? And so, this upcoming movie better kick ass or I'll be pretty disappointed.

First season>>>Second season
Mar 31, 2009 11:02 PM

Aug 2006
Patrick ftw!!!

All I'm going to say is my favourite part was Kati and Patrick's wedding! Not sure how he keeps surviving but the wedding was great.

Looking forward to the movie.
Mar 31, 2009 11:57 PM

Feb 2008
Left me disappointed the ending was meh
Apr 1, 2009 1:38 PM

Feb 2008
wooooo finished gundam 00.

finale:
-ribbons gundam was badass, bandai needs to hurry up and release the model kit. and while they're at it, they need to hurry up with GARHAM'S Susanoo too.

-The 0 Gundam *coughrx-78-2cough* vs Exia throwback was awesome.

-2010 movie wooooooooooooooooooot. can not wait for setsuna's hi nu 00 exia uber hax 1337 gundam of death.

-I still hold on to my opinion that (H)Allelujah is the most badass Celestial Being pilot.

-naked tieria was slightly homoerotic.
Apr 1, 2009 7:06 PM

Jun 2007
Ranlos said:

Most of the innovators made appearances at the very end too. If you watch as they jump from each character you will see them in the background lol. I can only guess this is what Tieria meant when he said "I will continue to watch over you". It would make sense since Ribbons was able to make his own Innovators using Veda and command them as he wished.

As for the ending, it was pretty damn good. I liked the original Gundam look a like vs Exia. Gave me warm fuzzy feelings inside lol.

ROFL Patrick has to be immortal or special or DAMN lucky. He's almost died like 5 times for god sakes haha.
Apr 2, 2009 1:35 PM

Sep 2008
Nice ending.. I'm expecally impressed that the 00 had to "downgrade" so they put the generaters in the exia and the 0 gundam...
Apr 2, 2009 2:01 PM

Jan 2009
Nice ending with open facts for movies and side stories! Very glad to see Hallelujah in battlefield again, he easily owned Hilling!

In my opinion, gundam 00 season 1 and season 2 are better than Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny, Wing, X and G (I dont watched turn a gundam). A.D is the best alternative universe in gundam trilogy.
Apr 3, 2009 12:02 AM

May 2008
Glad there are people who like a Gundam series for the sake of it being a Gundam series.

Too many elements either forgotten or probably just ignored for my liking in this series. Hell, I can't even rate the second season better than the first. Even despite their failings, I actually prefer the C.E. setting over the A.D.

Maybe with the movie, we'll get an explanation of the fascination with Jupiter that was briefly touched on in the first season.

Apr 3, 2009 7:18 AM

Apr 2008
Dj_bereta said:
Nice ending with open facts for movies and side stories! Very glad to see Hallelujah in battlefield again, he easily owned Hilling!

In my opinion, gundam 00 season 1 and season 2 are better than Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny, Wing, X and G (I dont watched turn a gundam). A.D is the best alternative universe in gundam trilogy.

Can't really use G Gundam seeing as the whole purpose of that was the extremeness of it being an over the top battle Gundam and not a military/strategy type like others. Now I can't say how it compares to the SEEDs cause I've never seen them but I don't think it was better than Wing but I'll have to rewatch that to get a better picture
Apr 9, 2009 8:34 AM

Nov 2008
cafe-kun said:
major cliffhanger there.

Loved the fights, 0 Gundam vs Exia, it's like a dream match come true.
The execution of this finale is awesome, and hell yeah with the ending song! L'Arc! XD

totally agree fuck 00 vs the other twin tau-gn-drive gundam
the EXIA R2 VS 0 gundam was great i love gundam battles and sword battles and that battle had both of them
Apr 9, 2009 10:01 PM

Jun 2008
wow, they are already talking abt the movie...that was fast. well they did hint that there is a dialogue w/ another being!? Space aliens!?!?

Anyways, cool fighting scenes, with everyone being happy and all. Love the final battle scene where Ribbons and Setsuna are fighting w/ downgraded suits and one GN drive each. Really cool
Apr 14, 2009 6:08 AM

Jan 2008
Okay, i have to admit i enjoyed the show, but it was turned into crap the last episode :/

Hope they won't make a third season, but a new Gundam serie in it's entire...

Good thing about gundam is that there are no/little filler episodes... I just noticed XD

PS: Me + english = crap :\
~de Arimasu
Apr 28, 2009 6:50 PM

Feb 2008
lol wow that was an interesting end. it was somewhat preachy and generic but what can you expect. i dont care much about how the fight progressed, or didn't. over all the story was pretty good. they kept the mush to a minimum, and they have a movie coming out. yey
May 10, 2009 9:01 AM

Apr 2009
Good way to end the series

The Good:
- Battle between 0 Gundam and Gundam Exia R2
- Hallelujah owning Revive (stupid name)
- Lockon's last second Trans-AM dodge
- Patrick and Kati's wedding (fuck yeah!!)
- DAYBREAK'S BELL is played again. Best Gundam song ever
- Loiuse and Saji together

The Bad:
- Naked Tieria
- Marina spouting nonsense
- Andrei being alive (hated him from the beginning)
- Long wait for Gundam 00 movie
May 11, 2009 2:51 AM
Apr 2009
Great episode, although many aspects of the serie have not been explained very well..for example, which was the real plan of Aeolia Schoenberg? One of the pilots of Gundam realizes it throughout Veda, but we don't know anything about it..Then, Mr Bushido? He died or continued fighting someways? If someone can tell me the answer to these questions, it would be fine..However, 10/10 because I enjoyed every episode a lot!
May 12, 2009 9:57 AM

Oct 2008
Valy87 said:
Great episode, although many aspects of the serie have not been explained very well..for example, which was the real plan of Aeolia Schoenberg? One of the pilots of Gundam realizes it throughout Veda, but we don't know anything about it..Then, Mr Bushido? He died or continued fighting someways? If someone can tell me the answer to these questions, it would be fine..However, 10/10 because I enjoyed every episode a lot!
wait for the movie.
Jun 4, 2009 5:56 PM

Oct 2008
First parts are better. This was no exception. I expected more from this show...

8/10
Jun 7, 2009 12:48 AM

Jul 2008
dude.... awesome!!!!! first we have two of the best gundams going at it, and then we have like the two originals to finish it in a sword/hand-to-hand combat to finish it; allelujah/hallelujah just charges in to just destroy his opponent, meanwhile lockon uses a sec worth of trans am to get behind his opponent and bam, bam, bam!!!
and after the big fight everything starts going right, but what was with the shot of jupiter(?) at the end?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

TechnicsMKII - Jan 31, 2009

155 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 29, 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.