Forum Settings
Forums

The internet glorifying not having friends/being forever alone?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 18, 2013 2:08 AM

Sep 2012
I think you misunderstood my post.

I was just laughing at your "assumptions without basis" comment. It wasn't supposed to be related with the second thing I quoted from you.
Jul 18, 2013 2:09 AM

Nov 2012
It's not bad as long as u wont have to pay for yourself.
Jul 18, 2013 2:14 AM

Apr 2012
Red_Keys said:
I think you misunderstood my post.

I was just laughing at your "assumptions without basis" comment. It wasn't supposed to be related with the second thing I quoted from you.

Laughing at yourself for digging your grave isn't quite the "normal behavior" by psychology, is it?

And yet, my comment still stands, you cherry picked to throw in a flawed comparison on something irrelevant.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 18, 2013 2:16 AM

Sep 2012
No I was laughing at you.

But anyway, "normal behavior" isn't determined by psychology, it's determined by your culture and social community. But that's irrelevant.

And my comparison was between you and a character from the show, who doesn't swim for competitions or anything like that. I guess that went over your head. Sorry.
Jul 18, 2013 2:19 AM

Apr 2012
Nah, you were laughing at yourself for being wrong.

Actually, psychology does study behavior and does define certain behavior as normal. Oh, they didn't teach you that for the first psychology lesson you had?

But not for the same reason, which is why the comparison is wrong. That way I know other 9 people that are like Haru-chan, maybe this went over your head or you just wanted to make a stupid comparison for no reason.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 18, 2013 4:45 AM
Nov 2008
XVIII said:
I don't know why some seem proud not having friends or being forever alone. Isn't that fucking sad?

Yes.
Jul 18, 2013 8:30 AM

Jun 2012
I don't have any friends at all and I am not proud about it. I just spent about 8 months or so in college without speaking to a single person. I have a Facebook profile but no one even sent me a friend request.

I'm not "proud" about it, but sometimes I try to kind of justify it by thinking "well at least I'm not like those normal bastards who don't even have the sympathy to go and chat to someone who is obviously on their own all the time", but I know that really it's my own fault.

Some people like the OP act like a lot of us choose to be like this. Some of us do, but not ALL of us. It isn't as simple as just walking up to someone and talking to them.
Shoot first, think never.
Jul 18, 2013 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
It is sad, but hey use ur imagination. But I dont see it really glorifying not having friends or a social life.
Jul 18, 2013 8:40 AM

Jul 2012
i've had lots and lots of friends, travelled, done all the dirty things my filthy imagination could come up with, and survived

now i have 3 friends and a great family. i don't think isolation should be something you are proud of and i try and get my ass back out there regularly, but i'm pretty happy keeping it low key for now.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What type of physical affection do you crave/Fantasize the most about?

Thy-Veseveia - 8 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» Does youtube Shadowban Comments?

Dancewithknives - Jun 13, 2016

11 by rohan121 »»
53 minutes ago

» How to improve intelligence

False_Entity - Jun 14

22 by vasipi4946 »»
1 hour ago

» Do your dress nice? ( 1 2 )

PopArt - Jul 6, 2023

95 by Rurihime »»
4 hours ago

» Biggest life hot takes? ( 1 2 )

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 15

74 by 1Frieren »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.