Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2012 11:30 PM

Oct 2012
Because Crunchyroll.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Nov 27, 2012 11:32 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
I made the analogy to show the difference between those groups and the category that reflects that - not how they should be addressed if you were to meet one on the street. That's just you being anal so you don't have to admit to anything. You then launch another personal attack at me.
Yet you are the one who commented in the first place about how things should be addressed. You are just contradicting yourself.

AiCon said:
Red_Keys said:
AiCon said:
dankickyou said:
Anime is cartoons.
That may technically be true but Japanese and Western cartoons are worlds apart. It deserves it's own special category.
Sorry, but who's the one being anal?
If you can't tell that there's a big difference in the animation and characters portrayed in Japanese anime and Western Cartoons then you're hopeless and there's no point in continuing this anymore.
Yes, there is a difference between western animation and anime. I'm not arguing that. I called you a weeaboo because you were nit-picking a comment saying that "anime are cartoons", saying that it should be called separately. If you choose to act annoyingly anal about things, don't get insulted when somebody calls you out on it.
Nov 28, 2012 12:07 AM
Jun 2012
if you don't like it then drop it. nobody is forcing you to continue watching it.
Nov 28, 2012 12:11 AM

Oct 2012
AiCon said:
katsucats said:
AiCon said:
Red_Keys said:
AiCon said:
Red_Keys said:
AiCon said:
dankickyou said:
Anime is cartoons.
That may technically be true but Japanese and Western cartoons are worlds apart. It deserves it's own special category.
Wow my eyes hurt from rolling so hard. Why don't you just do yourself a favor and move to Japan already weeaboo.
Get a clue. Not only is the art different, but also the target audience. Japanese target everyone while Western cartoons are mostly aimed at little kids. It there-for makes sense that they would be very different.
I think the one who needs to get a clue is you. Western cartoons have been aimed at all age groups for a long time. Haven't you ever heard of Family Guy? No? The Simpsons? Futurama? The Boondocks? King of the Hill? Southpark? No? None ringing a bell? Well in case you didn't know, these shows are all aimed at teenage-adult audiences. And that's only the few shows I could think of off the top of my head.
I did say mostly didn't I? And it's true that most of those cartoons are aimed at little kids. Sponge Bob, Fairy Odd Parents and a bunch of others that I don't watch, nor do I care to even look at. You have entire networks dedicated solely to airing kids shows and cartoon while none for The Simpsons, South Park or Futurama.

And even then, the art and simply the way they do things are completely different. You don't see anything like South Park normally on Japanese anime.
Most anime are aimed at kids as well.
Most anime wouldn't normally be aired without major censorship or cuts in West due to the violence and fanservice that's prevalent in anime.
Those are anime that gets visibility to the fans, but there are plenty of children's anime that are not noticed, like "Maji De Otaku Na English! Ribbon-chan". Most animation, anywhere, is targeted at children. Shounen anime demographic is like 10-15. So where do you want the cutoff line to be... 13?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 28, 2012 12:27 AM

Jun 2008
aozoai said:
drinkbeer said:
if you don't like it then drop it. nobody is forcing you to continue watching it.

Even if they have it seems some of them are very adamant on telling others why they did so.

It's a stupid crusade that's for sure.
If they want to point out the bads of SAO, that's fine, but they don't have the right to dictate what people can like or dislike and that doesn't have a anything to do with whose taste is better than the other.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 28, 2012 12:29 AM

May 2008
Gunnisberg said:
I've seen better series, miles better than SAO. What's more surprising, is that the ratings just keeps getting higher

I thought the MAL ratings for SAO went downhill;

it used to be 8.70+
Nov 28, 2012 1:37 AM

Nov 2011
What have I done?! AiCon & Red_Keys, chilax. Make a thread about cartoons if you want to debate....On second thought, please don't make that thread.
The Art of Eight
Nov 28, 2012 1:42 AM

Oct 2012
who the fck cares? as long as gintama is no.1 I don't really care
Nov 28, 2012 2:04 AM

Feb 2008
aozoai said:
drinkbeer said:

Even if they have it seems some of them are very adamant on telling others why they did so.

Well, what's wrong with that? The forums here would be pretty dull if none of the people who disliked the series ever voiced why. And the issue isn't so much with individual people simply enjoying the anime, but that the anime community at large is hyping it up as some amazing thing when that's obviously not the case whatsoever. It's heavily flawed and a complete mess as far as writing goes, and anybody capable of critical judgement would recognize these glaring issues. It's pretty much a generic fanfiction given an anime adaptation, so yeah.
Nov 28, 2012 3:14 AM
Oct 2012
Veronin said:

It's pretty much a generic fanfiction given an anime adaptation, so yeah.

No, it's a popular light novel given an anime adaption.
Nov 28, 2012 3:17 AM

Feb 2008
whatever123456 said:
Veronin said:

Which started out as a web novel.
Nov 28, 2012 3:21 AM
Oct 2012
Veronin said:
whatever123456 said:
Veronin said:

Which started out as a web novel.

Original fiction =/= fanfiction.
Besides, I don't see how that would be relevant.
Nov 28, 2012 3:23 AM

Jun 2008
Veronin said:
aozoai said:
drinkbeer said:

Well, what's wrong with that? The forums here would be pretty dull if none of the people who disliked the series ever voiced why. And the issue isn't so much with individual people simply enjoying the anime, but that the anime community at large is hyping it up as some amazing thing when that's obviously not the case whatsoever. It's heavily flawed and a complete mess as far as writing goes, and anybody capable of critical judgement would recognize these glaring issues. It's pretty much a generic fanfiction given an anime adaptation, so yeah.

Once again, it doesn't give them the right to dictate what people should like or not. It's not up to "them" to judge an anime and then complaining that many people still liked it.To each of it's own, If you don't like it I'm not gonna barge into your house and say that you should watch it because it's good. Let people watch it and decide whether to enjoy it and hate it for themselves.

If it's hyped, people don't have the obligation or the right to try and put it where it belongs. The hype itself will be reflected through the fans itself, If the anime is really cheap bad it will go down by itself. If it isn't, then there's still something that attracts them, and these haters can't do anything to it.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 28, 2012 5:10 AM
Jul 2011
This series is shit but I've made it so far now I can't help myself.

At first I wanted to punch Kirito, but now I just feel sorry for him and I want to punch whoever wrote this blatant Mary-Sue trash.

As for why it's popular? 13 year-old boys like tits and self-gratification. They want to identify with Kirito because they have no realistic concept of personality depth. Kirito beats up the bad guys and gets all the girls. That's all that matters.

It's just like other shit shows like Bleach and One-Piece except that this one actually has a foreseeable end and if you get very very drunk you can watch it for five minutes without a full frontal lobotomy.
-------------------------------------------
Still waiting for MOAR HARUHI!
Nov 28, 2012 6:09 AM

Dec 2011
I really don't know.
Nov 28, 2012 6:09 AM

Nov 2012
BlueKite said:
I like it and you don't. End of discussion

THIS
Nov 28, 2012 6:31 AM

Sep 2009
Why is there another thread about why people like SAO? There are already many of these. You people are getting redundant with thread topics.

For people who say they "hate" SAO, they sure spend a lot of time watching it, complaining about it, posting in a forum about it, and reading threads on it. Why spend time on something you "hate?" Seriously, these kinds of people make absolutely no sense at all. People like this are essentially trolling. If you hate it that much either stop watching it or continue watching and stop complaining about how bad it is.

The reason SAO anime forum is so active on MAL is mostly because of "haters" posting about it, adding to the ever increasing number of posts for this series which has surpassed OP, a series that has been here a lot longer on MAL than SAO. Everyone has their own views on a series, some will like SAO, and some will hate SAO. Your opinions are your own, not fact or something everyone else in the world should see in the same light.

Nov 28, 2012 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
Maybe an admin should delete SAO from the DB, then all this would stop.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 28, 2012 6:53 AM
Mar 2012
at the end of the day, u got those that like the anime and those that don't, i just find the anime to be quite interesting and good, the light novels are so much better imo but this is still a good adaptation of it
Nov 28, 2012 6:54 AM

Jan 2011
Zee530 said:
Maybe an admin should delete SAO from the DB, then all this would stop.
That would probably solve nothing aside from making SAO fans complain. Haters will just move on to another show. They have already shown in the past to have an uncanny ability to adapt their hatred for anything popular.
[color=#993300]
"I commend your courage, but I will show you no mercy."[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlCIPj1ZoM0]
[/color]
[/url]

Nov 28, 2012 6:58 AM
Jun 2012
why do haters still watch SAO religiously every week if they hate it?
Nov 28, 2012 7:02 AM

Dec 2009
*Insert circular argument done about SAO here a thousand times every week*
NettoAzureNov 28, 2012 7:05 AM
Nov 28, 2012 7:12 AM

Aug 2009
NettoAzure said:
*Insert counter argument done about SAO here a thousand times every week*

XD
Nov 28, 2012 7:18 AM

Feb 2010
NettoAzure said:

>SAO
>Flawless in every manner.

Don't waste your time writing a "How I rate things" if you are not gonna follow it bro.
Nov 28, 2012 7:25 AM

Dec 2009
Vanisher said:
NettoAzure said:

>SAO

Don't waste your time writing a "How I rate things" if you are not gonna follow it bro.

It's a subjective rating system. We all have our opinions as said in these forums thousands of times.

BlueKite said:
Nov 28, 2012 7:29 AM

Feb 2010
NettoAzure said:
Vanisher said:
NettoAzure said:

>SAO

It's a subjective rating system. We all have our opinions as said in these forums thousands of times.

BlueKite said:

>I like something
>Then it's flawless

Nope. Better change it with something like "I love it!"
Nov 28, 2012 7:33 AM

Aug 2009
Vanisher said:
NettoAzure said:
Vanisher said:
NettoAzure said:

>SAO

BlueKite said:

>I like something
>Then it's flawless

Nope. Better change it with something like "I love it!"

how about "it's flawless for me"?
Then again we KNOW that scores are based on personal preference for most users
Nov 28, 2012 7:40 AM

Dec 2009
Vanisher said:

how about "it's flawless for me"?
Then again we KNOW that scores are based on personal preference for most users

This is it basically. One would think by now that MAL ratings are based on personal preferences.

I would make more statements. But really there's no need to get confrontational about this. Just tired of the weekly threads such as this one.

In the end I just want more content and fleshing out of the vast world depicted in this series.
Nov 28, 2012 11:11 AM

Jun 2008
drinkbeer said:

So they can criticize it.
Nov 28, 2012 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
drinkbeer said:

Although you have already an opinion about it?I mean everybody was certain since ep8 that it wont be better and they still criticize it the same way.Whats the point if you are so certain that the show wont become ANY better?
Nov 28, 2012 11:27 AM
Feb 2011
ssjokg said:
Redfoxoffire said:
drinkbeer said:

Although you have already an opinion about it?I mean everybody was certain since ep8 that it wont be better and they still criticize it the same way.Whats the point if you are so certain that the show wont become ANY better?

people just have nothing better to do
Nov 28, 2012 11:40 AM
Feb 2012
drinkbeer said:

I'm a masochist and I want to feel pain every week.
Nov 28, 2012 11:43 AM

Aug 2007
Becouse a lot of gamer love it. Is good, but to me not enough to be in a high place.
Nov 28, 2012 4:35 PM

Jun 2008
ssjokg said:
Redfoxoffire said:
drinkbeer said:

So they can criticize EVERYTHING. And some people are completionists.
Nov 28, 2012 5:49 PM

Sep 2008
I am absolutely enjoying ALO and Lyfa yet I also notice the many weaknesses in the show.

Therefore, I will be completing a show which is headed for a 3/10 in my personal scale.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Nov 29, 2012 3:56 AM

Aug 2009
"So they can criticize EVERYTHING."
Everything?You mean how they keep saying the same stuff over and over again.Doesnt answer my question

"And some people are completionists."
Thats their problem then.Not the series' nor the fans'. Complaining about their decision to "torture" themselves since they know that it wont get any better.
ssjokgNov 29, 2012 4:02 AM
Nov 29, 2012 4:00 AM

Jun 2012
ssjokg said:
Redfoxoffire said:

So they can criticize EVERYTHING. And some people are completionists.

1)Everything?You mean how they keep saying the same stuff ove and over again.Doesnt answer my question?
2)Thats their problem then.Not the series' nor the fans'. Complaining about their decision to "torture" themselves.

Well, torturing onself is not entirely bad. There was for example the endless eight arc of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and I think there was the idea of torturing a geniuse strike.
I think they only watch SAO because they need something to exagerate and complain etc.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Nov 29, 2012 4:16 AM
Dec 2011
If the people criticizing it did not watch it, you guys would be going after them for criticizing something they have not watched.
Nov 29, 2012 4:27 AM

Aug 2009
jojovonjo said:
If the people criticizing it did not watch it, you guys would be going after them for criticizing something they have not watched.

Saying the same stuff over and over isnt -proper-criticism.

And some probably havent watched it.Since they cry about things that were answered even in the anime.
Nov 29, 2012 8:37 AM

Sep 2012
SAO has the most shittiest romance development i've seen in anime and im not even exaggerating, even the action scenes suck dick and about the characters well the MC is the definition of cliche nuff said, and as for the FMC well she's just a retarded otaku bait
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)
Nov 29, 2012 11:19 AM

Sep 2010
"SAO has the most shittiest romance development i've seen in anime and im not even exaggerating, even the action scenes suck dick and about the characters well the MC is the definition of cliche nuff said, and as for the FMC well she's just a retarded otaku bait"

No exaggeration with great phrases such as "shittest...", "sucks dick", and "retarded...". Ummm yeah, no exaggeration there. That's pure, unadulterated objective commentary from a level headed person.

Nov 29, 2012 11:47 AM

Feb 2012
skezi said:
HAVE YOU SEEN THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE

^^^^^^^
Nov 29, 2012 11:51 AM
Feb 2012
You have those who really like it that it has to be rated a 10 I presume.

I like it, nice story, not bad character development, better than Accel World, but it's nothing too special and the fact that it's overhyped in addition to trashed means I can't be easy nor can I be hard on it.

Hence, my current grade is a 7, in case yall were interested...

10 35.9% (14526 votes)
9 26.4% (10700 votes)
8 18.7% (7553 votes)
7 9.4% (3814 votes)
6 3.8% (1557 votes)
5 2.4% (981 votes)
4 1.3% (538 votes)
3 0.7% (290 votes)
2 0.5% (211 votes)
1 0.8% (319 votes)

Funny how so few haters are afraid to give it a 1 :?
Nov 29, 2012 12:11 PM

Nov 2011
Well, despite criticism i believe this show will finish in the top 50

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 29, 2012 12:13 PM
Feb 2012
There's always the ending!

Grading this anime is a piece of work, it's one of the hardest to judge because there's such a gap in collective opinion... :S
Nov 29, 2012 12:14 PM

Aug 2009
Zee530 said:
Well, despite criticism i believe this show will finish in the top 50

it was in 40 something I think back in ep10.Now it's at #64.I think(and hope)that it will drop,since there are some anime that I prefer much more than SAO.
Nov 29, 2012 12:21 PM
Oct 2012
jojovonjo said:

I don't think the admonishment against watching is directed at all critiques, but rather to the subset who seem to hate the show because it is a shounen animation, i.e. hating it because of what it is, rather than criticizing it for some lacking of the show itself.

It would be like me going on a Sukitte Ii na yo thread and complaining about how it is an unrealistic romance animation. If you don't like Shoujo genre (which almost always have some sort of unrealistic romance to it), then don't watch it. That you are disappointed is your fault, because you really shouldn't have expected anything else.

That is completely different than making a criticism about the show itself: for instance I think SAO doesn't do a good job at explaining character motivations, or for a sword fighting animation I really wish they had more fighting scenes. Those are at least criticisms directed at the show from within the genre.
Nov 29, 2012 12:22 PM

Oct 2011
Oh I don't know.....
Maybe this site is full of idiots.
Maybe SAO is force people to give it a high rating.
Maybe you're the odd one out.
Maybe people actually like it that much.
Maybe you shouldn't give a damn about how random group of users # 2,482,348,237,238,976,389 rate their crap.
And maybe........just maybe..........someone hacked the site & made it this way.

Oh,who knows the answer to this oh so important question?
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Nov 29, 2012 12:24 PM
Feb 2012
JeddyVII said:
Oh I don't know.....
Maybe you shouldn't give a damn about how random group of users # 2,482,348,237,238,976,389 rate their crap.
And maybe........just maybe..........someone hacked the site & made it this way.

You're also an idiot if you dislike the anime and don't even watch Episode 1 or haven't gotten past Episode 10.

Looking back the beginning (mainly Pre-Suguha) was the least enjoyable prior to Yui's death which caught my attention.
Nov 29, 2012 12:31 PM

Oct 2011
Slatrix said:
JeddyVII said:
Oh I don't know.....

You're also an idiot if you dislike the anime and don't even watch Episode 1 or haven't gotten past Episode 10.

Looking back the beginning (mainly Pre-Suguha) was the least enjoyable prior to Yui's death which caught my attention.

You're clearly not talking about me since I've seen up to episode 17.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 3 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

100 by Eevee907 »»
53 minutes ago

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

20 by Swyzen »»
Yesterday, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1446 by kosarzek »»
Jun 6, 7:11 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

74 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1269 by Hesmiyu »»
Jun 4, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.