Forum Settings
Forums
New
Who will rule anime in 2011?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 7, 2011 5:17 PM

Feb 2011
Ghostalker said:
By the way I found Feiris Nyan Nyan, Kurisu, Mayuri, and Suzuha moe also.

Ruka is probably the closest to a traditionally "moe" character, while Feiris is like meta-moe (in that she is in-universe moe).
Sep 7, 2011 5:30 PM

Jul 2011
This better be on the madoka forum too
Sep 7, 2011 5:55 PM
Dec 2009
People are really making a big deal out of this. I haven't seen Madoka yet, although I somehow wouldn't be surprised if they end up next to each other in the top anime ranking list since Madoka and Ano Hana are right next to each other...
Sep 7, 2011 6:37 PM

Aug 2009
Something I actually surprised about this thread is that there are a lot of sensible people who is fan of both animation, without hurting both.
Sep 7, 2011 7:12 PM

Jun 2007
Wait wait Madoka Magica is an adult type magic girl anime. Steins;Gate is a mystery suspense type anime so of course Madoka is gonna do better in Japan. The audience for magic girl/comedy type shows is far higher, not to mention age ratings and times when each show is played play a huge factor. It's like comparing Sponge Bob to the Boondock Saints. Both are equally good but Sponge Bob is gonna win hands down due to it's large audience. It's a show that appeals to all ages and airs prime time.
Sep 7, 2011 7:21 PM

Aug 2009
DeathfireD said:
Wait wait Madoka Magica is an adult type magic girl anime. Steins;Gate is a mystery suspense type anime so of course Madoka is gonna do better in Japan. The audience for magic girl/comedy type shows is far higher, not to mention age ratings and times when each show is played play a huge factor. It's like comparing Sponge Bob to the Boondock Saints. Both are equally good but Sponge Bob is gonna win hands down due to it's large audience. It's a show that appeals to all ages and airs prime time.
I strongly doubt that something that airs on 11 o'clock until max 2 o'clock AM is targeted for Children. Comparing Madoka with Sponge Bob is definitely ridiculous one. If children in age of watching sponge bob watched Mami-ru, girls dying again and again, psychotic Mami killing everyone, that will bring trauma rather than comedy. Both anime has age rating of R+17, thus target audience is exactly same.

I'm guessing you are talking about sales. Sure, Madoka did about 4 times better than Steins;Gate in terms of sales. However, Steins;Gate is VN adaptation + 2-cour. Even if not big as Madoka, Steins;Gate is still one of the biggest success this year; even higher than Ano Hana actually. So, why do you even compare? ... >__> makes no sense to me.
Sep 7, 2011 7:33 PM

Apr 2010
This thread will just start a flame war soon... close it please...
Sep 7, 2011 7:38 PM

Aug 2009
Solkiskey said:
This thread will just start a flame war soon... close it please...
Only person who was causing flame war was me, not anyone else. What are you talking about?
Sep 7, 2011 7:40 PM

Jun 2011
GUESS WHAT'S GONNA BE STARTING SOON?
Sep 7, 2011 8:34 PM

Jan 2011
Anohana/Madoka imo atm best in 2011.

SG is very good, but remembering that until ep 12, the anime was pretty below average, I don't think it can earn the title "best anime". WE have to also see how it ends the anime, to see if it is satisfactory.
Sep 7, 2011 9:52 PM

May 2009
Personally I would pick Madoka. I just really enjoyed watching it, it left an impression on me too.

That said I also love steins gate, it has also been an enjoyable show for me and has left it's impression on me. It's just a matter of personal preference and for me it is Madoka.

Stein Gate though has more developed characters. (I also loved Madoka's characters but they weren't as developed as steins gate) Not to mention it hasn't ended yet so I would rather wait to see what happens with the ending before making a decision.

Let's not forget still got next seasons anime too. ^^
Sep 7, 2011 9:55 PM

Aug 2011
Letitbe said:

SG is very good, but remembering that until ep 12, the anime was pretty below average, I don't think it can earn the title "best anime". WE have to also see how it ends the anime, to see if it is satisfactory.

Having shock factors and tear bombs every single episode will never make a good anime. Steins;Gate wouldn't be Steins;Gate if it weren't for its deep character development. Those experiences are part of Steins;Gate's epicness that cannot be ignored nor denied.
Sep 7, 2011 9:56 PM

Aug 2009
Letitbe said:

It wasn't. With that analogy, Ano Hana wasn't good until Yukiatsu incident, Madoka wasn't good until Mamiru.
Sep 8, 2011 12:41 AM

Jul 2007
Stupid thread. But I couldn't care for Madoka because of trollness.
Magical girl + Dark factors (meaningless death, silly girl's lost love and suicide) = Trolling for Otaku

And Urobuchi said he's a big fan of S;G. ;D
Sep 8, 2011 12:59 AM

May 2010
Wilio said:
HATCHA said:
Steins;Gate.

I would certainly say Madoka could be number 2 though, it wasn't amazing but the year has been poor. If anyone says AnoHana, die, die, die...

AnoHana was better than Madoka.

as much as i liked both of them, ano hana doesnt hold a candle to madoka nor steins gate
Sep 8, 2011 1:05 AM

May 2010
waterflame said:
Really? The choice has been already made, THE CHOICE OF STEINS GATE!! lol
No, seriously. I have my own reasons to prefer Steins;Gate, a bit too personal for posting them here. But anyway...Plot-wise: Steins>*random shit*>Madoka. Not to mention it came out in 2009(the game) and Madoka is from this year, just in case anyone wants to claim stealing ideas from Puella Magi(and when I see them, I shall proceed killing them with a spoon). The characters have more depth too. The only changes in the personality of Puella's characters are Kyubey(of course:from "ZOMFGBBQ IT IS... KAWAII" to "GIMME A SHOVEL), Sayaka(influenced by her powers as a mahou shojo, not much) and Homura, being kinda the center of the story(not counting Madoka) - it had to come, otherwise there's really no plot and meaning to the series, so it's a bit obvious(there had to be a twist).
I like the music in Steins;Gate better too. The ending is AMAZING(totally loved it from the second I saw it), the opening is cool too, and the songs from the game(+the new ending/ep23/ - WHOA) are great too. Whereas Madoka's opening... mehhhh, nothing special, nothing catchy... The ending song is cool but it's weird in a way, you know... you can relate it only to the anime. There were other songs, which I, for obvious reasons, don't remember. So yeah, Okarin beats Madoka in music too.
The art: I can't deny that I fell inlove with Madoka's art. The details and the backgrounds, everything was top-notch. There were times I just paused the video and stared xD But it probably had bigger budget than Stein, so... And yes, I agree too that there IS something like that in Steins;Gate - it's still, it's calm. But it's because it doesn't need awesome action scenes and cliche chases&explosions to fuck with your mind.
Which brings me to the conclusion, that Steins;Gate has a better story to tell than Madoka - it can shock you within 5 seconds, it can make you laugh hysterically, it can make you cry like a baby(which I find myself guilty of... for the past 3 or 4 episodes+Mayushii's death), it can put you on the edge of your seat, breathing slowly and quietly in suspense, and all of that in just one episode, flawlessly keeping you interested and making you invest time and thoughts in the story. None of that have I seen in Madoka.
Puella had a typical twist, a bit like Higurashi, all moe girls having fun shit and then becomes more gloomy and dark. It's a plus that it has an influence on you(talking about episodes ~7-10): it's depressing and sad and all that stuff. But come on, really!? All the pain Okabe went through to save Mayuri, only to let go of his only loved one - one of the most depressing and sad things I've ever watched.
So, in conclusion, I don't give two flyin f*cks about how many awards and sales Madoka has. For me it's just another cheesy story about a girl who of course is gonna save the world from suffering and bad guys. The anime might be mega-popular but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the best one out there. It's like saying "Avatar" is the best movie ever, when you have movies like "The Lake House"(or if science will it be, "The Matrix").
So yeah, that's my opinion. Steins;Gate>every other anime>Madoka.
EL PSY CONGROO.

Edit: DEAR GODDNESS, this post is WAY too long even for me to read! xDD
+1 ;)
Sep 8, 2011 2:21 AM

Aug 2009
TrueUchiha said:
waterflame said:
Really? The choice has been already made, THE CHOICE OF STEINS GATE!! lol
No, seriously. I have my own reasons to prefer Steins;Gate, a bit too personal for posting them here. But anyway...Plot-wise: Steins>*random shit*>Madoka. Not to mention it came out in 2009(the game) and Madoka is from this year, just in case anyone wants to claim stealing ideas from Puella Magi(and when I see them, I shall proceed killing them with a spoon). The characters have more depth too. The only changes in the personality of Puella's characters are Kyubey(of course:from "ZOMFGBBQ IT IS... KAWAII" to "GIMME A SHOVEL), Sayaka(influenced by her powers as a mahou shojo, not much) and Homura, being kinda the center of the story(not counting Madoka) - it had to come, otherwise there's really no plot and meaning to the series, so it's a bit obvious(there had to be a twist).
I like the music in Steins;Gate better too. The ending is AMAZING(totally loved it from the second I saw it), the opening is cool too, and the songs from the game(+the new ending/ep23/ - WHOA) are great too. Whereas Madoka's opening... mehhhh, nothing special, nothing catchy... The ending song is cool but it's weird in a way, you know... you can relate it only to the anime. There were other songs, which I, for obvious reasons, don't remember. So yeah, Okarin beats Madoka in music too.
The art: I can't deny that I fell inlove with Madoka's art. The details and the backgrounds, everything was top-notch. There were times I just paused the video and stared xD But it probably had bigger budget than Stein, so... And yes, I agree too that there IS something like that in Steins;Gate - it's still, it's calm. But it's because it doesn't need awesome action scenes and cliche chases&explosions to fuck with your mind.
Which brings me to the conclusion, that Steins;Gate has a better story to tell than Madoka - it can shock you within 5 seconds, it can make you laugh hysterically, it can make you cry like a baby(which I find myself guilty of... for the past 3 or 4 episodes+Mayushii's death), it can put you on the edge of your seat, breathing slowly and quietly in suspense, and all of that in just one episode, flawlessly keeping you interested and making you invest time and thoughts in the story. None of that have I seen in Madoka.
Puella had a typical twist, a bit like Higurashi, all moe girls having fun shit and then becomes more gloomy and dark. It's a plus that it has an influence on you(talking about episodes ~7-10): it's depressing and sad and all that stuff. But come on, really!? All the pain Okabe went through to save Mayuri, only to let go of his only loved one - one of the most depressing and sad things I've ever watched.
So, in conclusion, I don't give two flyin f*cks about how many awards and sales Madoka has. For me it's just another cheesy story about a girl who of course is gonna save the world from suffering and bad guys. The anime might be mega-popular but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the best one out there. It's like saying "Avatar" is the best movie ever, when you have movies like "The Lake House"(or if science will it be, "The Matrix").
So yeah, that's my opinion. Steins;Gate>every other anime>Madoka.
EL PSY CONGROO.

Edit: DEAR GODDNESS, this post is WAY too long even for me to read! xDD
+1 ;)
That post is long, but utter shit.
Sep 8, 2011 2:31 AM

May 2010
Yeah Madoka's not even top 5. That's not to say it was terrible or anything but it's not the greatest thing ever.
Sep 8, 2011 2:32 AM

Aug 2009
Webeiss said:
Yeah Madoka's not even top 5. That's not to say it was terrible or anything but it's not the greatest thing ever.
That logics indicates that Gintama is the best animation ever made.
Sep 8, 2011 2:37 AM
Mar 2011
ringoo4 said:
Webeiss said:

the system of weigted Voting is just a populartiy contest n anyway
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 8, 2011 2:40 AM
Jul 2010
ringoo4 said:
Webeiss said:

Not a single fuck is given about your opinion. This poll is for people's thoughts on the animes, you only need to say which one you think is better, it's not about making the others be like you and making them like what you like.
So yes, basically, your opinion is shit for me too. Have a nice life. =)
Sep 8, 2011 2:42 AM
Mar 2011
waterflame said:
ringoo4 said:
Webeiss said:

Not a single fuck is given about your opinion. This poll is for people's thoughts on the animes, you only need to say which one you think is better, it's not about making the others be like you and making them like what you like.

you lack Logic
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 8, 2011 3:42 AM

Aug 2009
waterflame said:
ringoo4 said:
Webeiss said:

lol did I ever cared about anyone's opinion here? You are missing my point anyway. I never disagreed anything. I'm keep saying people's reasoning is shit.

For this entire thread, I never said anything such as 'Steins;Gate > Madoka' or 'Madoka > Steins;Gate'. Well, yes I once said 'Steins;Gate has superior plot over Madoka' but that's IT. People are all shit since they are giving such a shit reasons to base their opinion. If they said 'I like it because it was more enjoyable and my taste' or even 'I like Madoka/Steins;Gate better since other one is shit'. All fine. No flaming there. Something like 'I dislike Madoka since it had more moe than Steins;Gate', or 'Madoka isn't the greatest thing ever since it isn't on the top 5 of MAL list', 'Madoka is similar to Higurashi because it kills moe', 'Madoka has typical twist', 'Steins;Gate is better since it was awesome without action scenes' and so on. Those are the ones that I'm interest in and attack.

Thus, fuck off. This thread is sooooooooo stupid anyway. Thus, I can do whatever I want.
Sep 8, 2011 3:47 AM
Sep 2011
やっぱり外国人は見る目ねえな
Sep 8, 2011 5:23 AM

Apr 2008
A-channeler said:
やっぱり外国人は見る目ねえな

aliens eye?
Sep 8, 2011 5:54 AM

Oct 2010
huyyy said:
A-channeler said:
やっぱり外国人は見る目ねえな

aliens eye?

He probably means gaijin's eyes aren't worthy of laying their eyes on this masterpiece.
Sep 8, 2011 6:30 AM

Jan 2009
Mormegil said:
Steins;Gate=Ano Hana > Madoka

This.

Madoka is nothing compared to those two anime

/expect madoka fanboy rage
Sep 8, 2011 6:33 AM

Jun 2009
Sigh...
Madoka is not the best anime ever. Like others I thought the characterisation wasn't great and the ending was poor. But nether was Steins gate. The amount of praise I see here is sickening. Guys, I admit that it is good but it's not that good.

Break down steins gate's story and science you find a hell of a lot of plot holes. If CERN has access to time machines and two operatives working close to him then why the hell didn't they interfere at all? Nope all they did was burst in obviously and kill Mayuri. In fact why not recruit Kurisu before she met Okabe? How can anyone know about Beta worldlines and why is there even such a thing as a beta worldline? Doesn't make any real sense. Not unless Okabe has been sliding instead of time travailing.
Characterisation isn't the best either. In case you didn't notice but in the latest episode we just seen Kurisu's Dad who happened to be the....most.... stereotypical....evil bastard in recent anime history. And I can say that besides Okabe and Kurisu, no one had a personality that I deem memorable. Plot wise it was fairly predictable. There was nothing that I didn't previously suspect that happened. So no shock value or emotion moments for me.

AND WHAT IS THIS BULLCRAP I HEAR ABOUT Naotaka Hayashi BEATING GEN?! Hell did everyone just forget that this is the same guy who wrote Chaos head?! The biggest pile of wasted potential since Index! Mate, read Gen before making statements like that. Because Hayashi doesn't even come close to Gen.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Sep 8, 2011 6:36 AM
Mar 2011
Hongo-Takeshi said:
have any of these decon anyting like say EVa did no
have either of the made a new genre no like Gundam did no
are either of these and Epic are LoGH no

but if i was to vote at face value id say Madoka is better

my view

Sep 8, 2011 6:46 AM

Apr 2010
ringoo4 said:
lol did I ever cared about anyone's opinion here? You are missing my point anyway. I never disagreed anything. I'm keep saying people's reasoning is shit.

For this entire thread, I never said anything such as 'Steins;Gate > Madoka' or 'Madoka > Steins;Gate'. Well, yes I once said 'Steins;Gate has superior plot over Madoka' but that's IT. People are all shit since they are giving such a shit reasons to base their opinion. If they said 'I like it because it was more enjoyable and my taste' or even 'I like Madoka/Steins;Gate better since other one is shit'. All fine. No flaming there. Something like 'I dislike Madoka since it had more moe than Steins;Gate', or 'Madoka isn't the greatest thing ever since it isn't on the top 5 of MAL list', 'Madoka is similar to Higurashi because it kills moe', 'Madoka has typical twist', 'Steins;Gate is better since it was awesome without action scenes' and so on. Those are the ones that I'm interest in and attack.

Thus, fuck off. This thread is sooooooooo stupid anyway. Thus, I can do whatever I want.

Obviously you do, otherwise you wouldn't be calling their 'reasoning (lolwat, reasoning behind an opinion? Get real.) shit.
Also, what are you doing in this thread if you won't even vote for one of them? Or both, if you like. You're completely offtopic.
Shit reason behind their opinion? It's their opinion for god's sake. What, you're going to tell me that my opinion is shit because
I prefer Nodame Cantabile over K-On because it has less moe? You can answer yes or no, but in the end, It'll just make you look
like an idiot.

The rest is just stupidity. Well, except the top 5 MAL list thing, that's just not true.
Other than that, it's all opinion, and I don't see why it's shit reasoning.

I prefer shows that are not driven by their action scenes, so I thought it was better than Madoka since it was more revelant to my tastes
BECAUSE it's not driven by action.
Deduction 101 anyone?
Sep 8, 2011 7:05 AM
Dec 2007
My personal opinion: Steins;Gate > Madoka = above average

Madoka did a very good job considering that it was just a one-cour series. I've seen one-cour series that don't make any sense at all and one-cour series that were overly repetitive (Ano Hana for instance managed to replay the same jealousy issues over and over again, I got annoyed by it halfway through the series). Compared to Steins; Gate Madoka has a simpler premise although it also deals with time travel since it's about MAGIC and not science-fiction. And let's face it, MAGIC needs less complicated theories (no one would ever come up with 1% divergence barriers or Kerr Black Holes, the problems are simpy solved by WISHES).

Steins; Gate is a whole different story. It's a two-cour series, first half was intriguing but nothing overwhelming. However it was a buildup for the second half which turned Steins;Gate into one of my favorite series ever. The characters are much more fleshed out than in Madoka and their background story far more compelling. Madoka couldn't do this: It only had 12 episodes and its characters were ordinary high school students. That doesn't mean that ordinary students are bad, I often prefer them over "extreme" characters like Moeka (who was so taciturn it creeped me out) or Feyris (oh my, those nyan-nyans are a pain in the ear). The only real riddle/secret Madoka had for the audience was the nature of mahou shoujos which is less impressive than dystopia, WW III, FB, Cern or IBN 5100. Steins; Gate clearly offers more to the mind, but Madoka is certainly better than let's say Higurashi which needed 2 seasons to deliver a similar content and was less entertaining than Madoka.
Sep 8, 2011 7:53 AM

Jan 2011
Solkiskey said:
ringoo4 said:

Obviously you do, otherwise you wouldn't be calling their 'reasoning (lolwat, reasoning behind an opinion? Get real.) shit.
Also, what are you doing in this thread if you won't even vote for one of them? Or both, if you like. You're completely offtopic.
Shit reason behind their opinion? It's their opinion for god's sake. What, you're going to tell me that my opinion is shit because
I prefer Nodame Cantabile over K-On because it has less moe? You can answer yes or no, but in the end, It'll just make you look
like an idiot.

The rest is just stupidity. Well, except the top 5 MAL list thing, that's just not true.

I prefer shows that are not driven by their action scenes, so I thought it was better than Madoka since it was more revelant to my tastes
Deduction 101 anyone?

PLUS MUTHA....FUCKING......ONE!!!!!
Sep 8, 2011 7:55 AM

Aug 2011
AidanAK47 said:
Break down steins gate's story and science you find a hell of a lot of plot holes. If CERN has access to time machines and two operatives working close to him then why the hell didn't they interfere at all? Nope all they did was burst in obviously and kill Mayuri. In fact why not recruit Kurisu before she met Okabe? How can anyone know about Beta worldlines and why is there even such a thing as a beta worldline? Doesn't make any real sense. Not unless Okabe has been sliding instead of time travailing.
Characterisation isn't the best either. In case you didn't notice but in the latest episode we just seen Kurisu's Dad who happened to be the....most.... stereotypical....evil bastard in recent anime history. And I can say that besides Okabe and Kurisu, no one had a personality that I deem memorable. Plot wise it was fairly predictable. There was nothing that I didn't previously suspect that happened. So no shock value or emotion moments for me.

If your mind can't interpret the epicness that is Steins;Gate, I recommend you to read "The Far Valhella" before you go on your rampage of saying anything more nonsense than "plot holes", unless you can at least appreciate the concepts of causality, MWI, Self-consistency Principle etc. First, Steins;Gate ain't no time traveling. Second, Makise Shouitsu is a jerk and other casts boring because you take things at face value. Third, your whole logic is merely speaking out loud your dislike of Steins;Gate.

AidanAK47 said:
AND WHAT IS THIS BULLCRAP I HEAR ABOUT Naotaka Hayashi BEATING GEN?! Hell did everyone just forget that this is the same guy who wrote Chaos head?! The biggest pile of wasted potential since Index! Mate, read Gen before making statements like that. Because Hayashi doesn't even come close to Gen.

The answer is both yes and no. Yes, the Chaos;Head anime is a miserable bullcrap. And NO, the failed anime adaption *point at Madhouse* has nothing to do with the original VN which is fairly good if not excellent. I'm sorry you couldn't even realise these two things are in two totally different universes. AND I'll just leave this whole Hayashi vs Gen thingy, for there will be people that would KINDLY discuss with you I'm sure.
Kyouma_ySep 8, 2011 8:11 AM
Sep 8, 2011 8:28 AM
Jun 2008
AidanAK47 said:
why the hell didn't they interfere at all?

D-mail machine is a piece of junk if there is no Observer like Okabe.
Time leap machine is at least can be called as a real time machine.

AidanAK47 said:
Nope all they did was burst in obviously and kill Mayuri.

It was order by FB to capture Daru,Okabe,and Kurisi.Other must be killed

AidanAK47 said:
In fact why not recruit Kurisu before she met Okabe?

Kurisi is just a scientist that come to japan just to give a speech.During that time,Sern dunno that Kurisi is the mother of time machine.

AidanAK47 said:
How can anyone know about Beta worldlines and why is there even such a thing as a beta worldline?
the word "beta" is only just a naming for a particular worldline.The scrip writer can name it delta if he like.
AidanAK47 said:
In case you didn't notice but in the latest episode we just seen Kurisu's Dad who happened to be the....most.... stereotypical....evil bastard in recent anime history.

Anyway, the drama CD seem to tell a lot of good stuff a bout him .

seven page of argument T.T
over-hype? true. Every good Anime is like that at first,then later they try to compare to older anime ......
MorningGlorySep 8, 2011 8:33 AM
Sep 8, 2011 8:46 AM

Oct 2007
As much as I love Madoka,if we're talking storyline then I'd go with Steins:gate but overall even if it's shaft being shaft and Kajiura being Kajiura I just love the graphics and music in Madoka much more than in steins:gate so if I had to chose one it'd be Madoka

But guess what?I don't have to choose one,I can enjoy both and that's what I plan on doing.
all for fun.fun for all
Sep 8, 2011 8:47 AM

Jun 2011
totoum said:
As much as I love Madoka,if we're talking storyline then I'd go with Steins:gate but overall even if it's shaft being shaft and Kajiura being Kajiura I just love the graphics and music in Madoka much more than in steins:gate so if I had to chose one it'd be Madoka

But guess what?I don't have to choose one,I can enjoy both and that's what I plan on doing.
\
Madoka is a greatshow.
So is Steins;Gate. This poll needs a fucking both button.
Sep 8, 2011 9:04 AM

Oct 2007
IllegalCyrus said:
Madoka is a greatshow.

Here's what this thread needs (and it's official art too,there was some sort of collab done between both productions)

all for fun.fun for all
Sep 8, 2011 9:05 AM

Jun 2011
This needs to be a fucking special crossover.
Like fucking now.
Sep 8, 2011 9:18 AM

Apr 2010
I would sure like some time travelling lolis and Puella Magi Okabe Magica.

............ on second thought, I would omit the latter.
Sep 8, 2011 9:19 AM
Jun 2008
totoum said:
IllegalCyrus said:
Madoka is a greatshow.

Here's what this thread needs (and it's official art too,there was some sort of collab done between both productions)

Rofl. This is a funny picture. Are you sure this is an official art and not just some fan art? = ="
Sep 8, 2011 9:22 AM

Aug 2011
MorningGlory said:
Rofl. This is a funny picture. Are you sure this is an official art and not just some fan art? = ="

Well, they ARE indeed official.
Sep 8, 2011 9:38 AM

Aug 2009
Solkiskey said:
like an idiot.

Deduction 101 anyone?
Mother fuckin opinion? How the fuck you call something like that even an opinion? You can still have 'good' opinions, and 'bad' opinions. "I prefer Nodame Cantabile over K-On because it has less moe" - that's clearly, SO.. CLEARLY shit reasoning for any sort of claim. Well since you hate me saying reason, I will say, 'shit opinion'. Thought of target audiences? Difference in genre? Difference in adaptation? Difference in animation quality and all those matters? That is shit. Let's see what Aidan said, right above you. At the end, there is someone who actually seems to know how to actually 'judge' animation with proper basis, reasonings that is generally understandable. Instead of 'comparing' with 'shit basis', he is talking about 'work'. That's the sensible way of actual criticism. God sake.

Edited: Let's say, for example, this quote 'Puella had a typical twist, a bit like Higurashi, all moe girls having fun shit and then becomes more gloomy and dark." Seriously. How the hell Madoka is even remotely similar to Higurashi? Because it killed moe? Because it has dark gloomy mood? Because it has time loop? Then why doesn't he call Steins;Gate also similar to Higurashi? It kills moe, it has dark mood, and it even have time loop! He definitely used this logics to say 'Madoka is inferior to Steins;Gate'. We all know it is 'shit'. Thus, it is basically suicide for him saying that, since this part of his 'reasoning' lowers his standard. So, I attack. Simple?

You said off topic? I'm off topic because 'this thread shouldn't even exist'! It is shit thread, and shit posts are being made with needless but shit reasoning for comparisons. Why should I not join this awesome flame bait?

AidanAK47 said:
Sigh...
Madoka is not the best anime ever. Like others I thought the characterisation wasn't great and the ending was poor. But nether was Steins gate. The amount of praise I see here is sickening. Guys, I admit that it is good but it's not that good.

Some bits already mentioned by MorningGlory...u.u~~

I do admit Kurisu's dad and Mr-Brown was probably the weakest part of the series. However, I heard those are the things something largely cut from original Visual Novel.

But the thing is, this is freakin 'TIME LEAP' themed animation. Plot hole is inevitable. You should've known right at the start when you figure out this is time rated animation. I consider Steins;Gate to have one of the least amount of plot hole for any time related contents.

Another thing is that you shouldn't blame Hayashi if you haven't played VN. When Steins;Gate is still good, I was still hearing that adaptation was still highly inferior than VN. When I also do not think he is better than Urobuchi, Steins;Gate definitely was called Kami-ge, and you shouldn't ignore it.

@totoum: Nitro+ always like collabs. u.u~~~
ringoo4Sep 8, 2011 9:55 AM
Sep 8, 2011 9:54 AM

Dec 2010
^ Calm down, bro.
Sep 8, 2011 9:56 AM

Aug 2009
Jack_Rav said:
^ Calm down, bro.
I can't calm down since I said, I'm 24 hours upset. u.u~~
Sep 8, 2011 9:58 AM

Jan 2009
darkro90 said:
Mormegil said:
Steins;Gate=Ano Hana > Madoka
This.

Madoka is nothing compared to those two anime
Wait, what?
I can accept that Madoka is somewhat good, but AnoHana less than a light year from Steins;Gate? No way.

If we assume there are only 100 anime in the entire world, and let's assume Steins;Gate is the best of them all, then Madoka would probably be somewhere around 50-ish, and AnoHana would, at best, be around 80-90 on the list.
Though obviously this is just my superior opinion, of course. So there's no need to kill me for saying this.

And while I'm at it,
AidanAK47 said:
What has Gen written anyway, except Madoka? Fate/Zero and Saya no Uta, and those are the only (good) ones that I'm aware of.
Hayashi is probably most notable for having written ChäoS;HEAd and Steins;Gate, and I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
So they've both got two good stories each, and they both probably have a couple bogus shit as well.
Wat, am I being relatively neutral here?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 8, 2011 10:02 AM

Jun 2010
Definitely Steins;Gate. The characters are better developed and more interesting.
Sep 8, 2011 10:06 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
What has Gen written anyway, except Madoka? Fate/Zero and Saya no Uta, and those are the only (good) ones that I'm aware of.
Hayashi is probably most notable for having written ChäoS;HEAd and Steins;Gate, and I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
So they've both got two good stories each, and they both probably have a couple bogus shit as well.
Wat, am I being relatively neutral here?
The work that first made Urobuchi famous was none other than Phantom of Inferno and KIKOKUGAI. Those are called one of the VN masterpieces, still now, and what made Nitro+'s identity until now, hardboiled-dark-gloomy, yet trendy series. Urobuchi is almost always called one of the top in subculture genre-novel.
Sep 8, 2011 10:08 AM

Jan 2009
ringoo4 said:
The work that first made Urobuchi famous was none other than Phantom of Inferno and KIKOKUGAI. Those are called one of the VN masterpieces, still now, and what made Nitro+'s identity until now, hardboiled-dark-gloomy, yet trendy series.
Oh, right, completely forgot about those two. Haven't had the time to play through 'em yet either. ( ¬‿¬)
So, okay, we've got a 1:2 ratio between Urobuchi and Hayashi, I guess. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 8, 2011 10:12 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Oh, right, completely forgot about those two. Haven't had the time to play through 'em yet either. ( ¬‿¬)
So, okay, we've got a 1:2 ratio between Urobuchi and Hayashi, I guess. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
At least they are both hundred miles better than Nasu. u.u~~
Sep 8, 2011 10:15 AM

Apr 2010
ringoo4 said:

Mother fuckin opinion? How the fuck you call something like that even an opinion? You can still have 'good' opinions, and 'bad' opinions. "I prefer Nodame Cantabile over K-On because it has less moe" - that's clearly, SO.. CLEARLY shit reasoning for any sort of claim. Well since you hate me saying reason, I will say, 'shit opinion'. Thought of target audiences? Difference in genre? Difference in adaptation? Difference in animation quality and all those matters? That is shit. Let's see what Aidan said, right above you. At the end, there is someone who actually seems to know how to actually 'judge' animation with proper basis, reasonings that is generally understandable. Instead of 'comparing' with 'shit basis', he is talking about 'work'. That's the sensible way of actual criticism. God sake.

Edited: Let's say, for example, this quote 'Puella had a typical twist, a bit like Higurashi, all moe girls having fun shit and then becomes more gloomy and dark." Seriously. How the hell Madoka is even remotely similar to Higurashi? Because it killed moe? Because it has dark gloomy mood? Because it has time loop? Then why doesn't he call Steins;Gate also similar to Higurashi? It kills moe, it has dark mood, and it even have time loop! He definitely used this logics to say 'Madoka is inferior to Steins;Gate'. We all know it is 'shit'. Thus, it is basically suicide for him saying that, since this part of his 'reasoning' lowers his standard. So, I attack. Simple?

You said off topic? I'm off topic because 'this thread shouldn't even exist'! It is shit thread, and shit posts are being made with needless but shit reasoning for comparisons. Why should I not join this awesome flame bait?

Oooh this is going to be very fun.
You should learn what an opinion is. Nodame Cantabile, in my opinion, is better than K-On because it has less moe, BECAUSE I DO NOT LIKE MOE. Do you understand now? Comprehension 101 anyone? (I know I'm being repetitive, but god HOW CAN YOU BE SO DENSE?) This isn't about reasoning or whatever. I don't like this show because there's an aspect of it that bothers me-- that's it. I prefer XXX over XXX because there's less ecchi in the first one. I don't really like ecchi, thus, it's normal for me to prefer the one with less ecchi, right?
Of course not, since you know all about opinions and you should tell us how to write them. Might as well tell us what to like and what not to like? I mean, we're all ignorants and you know everything.
... Steins;Gate killed moe? huhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Higurashi and Madoka may not be THAT similar, but, at base, they're pretty similar with the time loops and, how would you call it, the 'moe killing' twist. Then again, I found both shows pretty similar, they just had a different theme.

'This thread shouldn't exist' isn't a good reason for being offtopic. Continue being like that and I'll report you for spamming, even though you probably won't care.

Btw, the word 'fuck' doesn't make your argument any stronger. =)

ONTOPIC : In the end, I think Madoka and Steins;Gate shouldn't be compared, as they're completely different shows dealing with different values.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» MAL User Alphabet ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dawn - Sep 18, 2015

794 by viraat_pirate »»
19 seconds ago

» Second thing that comes to mind ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - May 11

99 by -Fantastical- »»
40 seconds ago

» How do you feel? v5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Apr 26, 2023

3234 by DespairAwaits »»
2 minutes ago

» Make up an Anime title that involves the above username

tsukareru - Jun 9, 2023

12 by -Fantastical- »»
2 minutes ago

» Keep a Word, Drop a Word v6 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Feb 12

1946 by camay1997 »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.