Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 30, 10:31 PM
Mar 2021
Reply to Menternor
From the first minute
@Menternor Wow, a 10/10 from minute one? That’s an impressive display of low standards. It’s almost cute how easily entertained some people can be. Frieren has its moments, but to hail it as perfection from the start reeks of naivety. Maybe once you’ve developed a more refined taste, you’ll understand what true quality looks like. But for now, keep enjoying your mediocre milestones – it must be nice to be so easily pleased.
Jul 1, 6:20 AM

Apr 2020
Cravun said:
@Menternor Wow, a 10/10 from minute one? That’s an impressive display of low standards. It’s almost cute how easily entertained some people can be. Frieren has its moments, but to hail it as perfection from the start reeks of naivety. Maybe once you’ve developed a more refined taste, you’ll understand what true quality looks like. But for now, keep enjoying your mediocre milestones – it must be nice to be so easily pleased.

Damn, so much BS made out of a sarcastic throwaway line from almost half a year ago.
Here's a ๐Ÿคก for your effort.
Jul 1, 1:38 PM
Mar 2021
Reply to Menternor
Cravun said:

Damn, so much BS made out of a sarcastic throwaway line from almost half a year ago.
Here's a ๐Ÿคก for your effort.
@Menternor Oh, how delightfully defensive. It's amusing how a simple critique can ruffle your feathers so easily. If it was just a sarcastic throwaway line, perhaps a more thoughtful response would have been in order. But thank you for the emoji – I'll take it as a badge of honor for maintaining higher standards in anime appreciation. Keep enjoying your mediocrity; it must be quite comfortable.
Jul 1, 4:23 PM

Apr 2020
"Critique" XD
Sure bud, you do you.
Jul 1, 5:41 PM

Jun 2024
I have the exact same question. I couldn't get through the second episode of it. There's no character development whatsoever; it's as if the creators didn't even bother trying to flesh out the characters. Half of what I watched consisted of awful flashbacks that added nothing to the story. It's clear they were just trying to fill time with meaningless drivel.

The only reason I gave it a 3 instead of a 1 rating is because I thought the evil cabinet with the dragon horn oozing aura was slightly amusing. Other than that, there's nothing redeeming about this show. I'm surprised it even made it past the planning stages.

And it's absolutely insane how it has a 9.35 on MAL. It has to be bots because I refuse to believe living, breathing people could watch this and rate it so high. I feel like if I wanted to somehow stoop low enough to enjoy it I would have to be a mouth-breather who stares at the screen and claps like a seal at any shallow attempt at character development and plot.
๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ? ๐“๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“”๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ, ๐“˜ ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐”€. ๐“”๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฎ.๐Ÿงโœจ
Jul 2, 3:25 AM
Jul 2008
you r feeling about boring is understable, i watched every episode, and i got bored, for me it's the most overatted anime ever, and top 1 make reallyyyy no sense
Jul 11, 7:06 AM

Sep 2017
so i was gunna ask ...is this series worth a watch and my time or is it like really really boring with bland and slow characters?
Jul 11, 8:30 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to ItachiDeltaForce
so i was gunna ask ...is this series worth a watch and my time or is it like really really boring with bland and slow characters?
@ItachiDeltaForce

Do you always ask useless questions?
Jul 11, 8:34 AM

Sep 2017
Reply to JoeChip
@ItachiDeltaForce

Do you always ask useless questions?
@JoeChip u gunna answer the question? and stop trying to bait?
Jul 12, 1:00 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to ItachiDeltaForce
@ItachiDeltaForce You'll have to see for yourself ultimately. Both sides of the fence exist. I believe the ones who don't like it lack patience but that doesn't make them wrong. They are entitled to their opinions, I lacked patience when I was young so I can empathize. Based off your profile I think you'll like it if you like the first 3 episodes. It doesn't have a ton of fights per run time, only one big one by that point but I think that about fits the pacing. It is more akin to Mushishi in feel than to .hack if that helps.
Jul 12, 1:17 PM

Sep 2017
Reply to Logikx
@ItachiDeltaForce You'll have to see for yourself ultimately. Both sides of the fence exist. I believe the ones who don't like it lack patience but that doesn't make them wrong. They are entitled to their opinions, I lacked patience when I was young so I can empathize. Based off your profile I think you'll like it if you like the first 3 episodes. It doesn't have a ton of fights per run time, only one big one by that point but I think that about fits the pacing. It is more akin to Mushishi in feel than to .hack if that helps.
@Logikx kool, thanks for the insight
Jul 12, 8:20 PM
Apr 2021
This anime has such a damn slow start... I almost dropped it 3 separate times...

Once the demon peacemakers were introduced it got interesting to me. As of episode 10 I am in it for the long haul...

SUPER SLOW start, but totally worth it, can't wait to watch the rest.
Jul 20, 4:28 PM

Jul 2023
I agree with those who say episode 7. It really has nothing special until then. Sure, cute 1000-year-old super-op elf girl whose only reaction to every sentence is "I see". I didn't found this outstanding at all.

But when Stark joins the party, Fern becomes a normal person from a stone statue identical to Frieren, and when the story gets an actual direction around episode 10, I'd say I want to see the rest. Even if I have to persuade myself before every episode to continue

Despite all the above (that you didn't read because you thought the last paragraph will sum things up) I still don't see how could this anime shoot itself to the top and stand there firmly. It's good, it adds the extra to differentiate itself from the rest, but even though I find Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood overrated too, I'd give it back the top spot.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is this your fav anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Ghost_Davo - Yesterday

108 by Netfreak19 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

909 by alippskuy »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

328 by Sphystius »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

560 by Neokyuz »»
Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 8

515 by Khashishi »»
Sep 21, 7:08 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.