Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 21, 8:20 PM
Dec 2015
The dreaded Sakura moment.
Jan 25, 5:59 PM
Jun 2012
The production quality is extremely high.

Story is a bit slow paced. So far so good.
Jan 26, 8:26 PM
Apr 2012
Great production values, but the whole "character reiterates a question the audience can't hear before answering it" shtick starts to feel real clumsy after the second time it happens. When she looks directly into the camera when doing so, and we can't see or hear who she's talking to, it feels 4th wall breaking and awkward. Feels like a clumsy adaptation of something that probably worked fine as narration in a light novel or manga.
Jan 30, 12:31 PM
Nov 2023
Very strong storytelling and charaters. Very charming, almost Ghibli or Disney like in its charminingness.
Jan 30, 11:51 PM
Apr 2021
Ok usually I see their name in the credits of other anime shows but this is a first I’m seeing Studio Massket making their own anime and I just gotta say THE ART LOOKS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL LIKE HOLY SHIT her eyes look so pretty and well drawn😩😩🔥🔥🔥

I feel so bad for Ivy I’m mad at those villagers for turning their back against a child man especially one as nice as Ivy☹️

The opening song is so nice and uplifting while the ending is nice and soothing both are great additions for this show🔥
Feb 16, 8:00 PM

Sep 2014
Feels a bit like an autism allegory, especially how her parents acted.
Feb 20, 4:25 PM

Nov 2020
Very nice animation but I'm not convinced about the plot. It's a bit irritating that MC repeats so often that the world is unfair and has a hard time, once was enough xD and it seemed stupid to me that everyone hates her because she's weak. I praise the ending, nice song and nice animation👌
Feb 25, 7:15 PM

Apr 2021
At first I didn't understand it right, that's when I started to understand that she was talking to someone from her past, the "me from the past". Very good start, great episode, incredible quality, smooth and cute animation, I really liked it. The closing song is good, it gave me a vibe from the past, nostalgia. the adventure is just beginning.
Mar 29, 8:15 AM
Mar 2021
How can they fuck up such a great manga so badly? Fourth wall breaking did not happen in the manga & its happening every 10 seconds in ep1.
They also do not even follow the storyline by a fucking mile.
And they display her as bipolar which she is not in the manga & they make her appear extremely stupid. (compared to the manga)

From episode 1 alone this is an insult to the original work.

Also she is explaining everything like some mentally disturbed individual
TurnipFanMar 29, 8:24 AM
Mar 29, 8:46 AM

Sep 2012
i hope there comes situation where her village needs her to save them and she just to scare them says why should i help u, remember u cast me aside and wanted even to kill me
Mar 29, 2:10 PM
Aug 2023
It was kind of slow, but it looks very promising. The presentation was very very good, it screams a lot of care was put into it...not some cheap half-assed isekai. They're taking their time right out the gate also, another indicator it might not be an half-assed anime.

The only thing that might have been poorly executed was the bounty hunter at the junk yard, was he talking to himself? The dialog seems like two people talking to each other, but it was just him and his slime there, and the way the conversation went it didn't seem like he was talking to the slime nor himself. It seemed like the split personality talking the MC was doing, the guy's voice even sounded different for each supposed other person speaking. Weird.

More information is needed on how this world works, maybe I'm over-analyzing but some things seemed odd. Why did the junk pile still contain useful things like swords and magical potions in mass that still worked, although at diminished ability. That would suggest the village had an ability and prosperity greater than expected if those were treated like trash. It's like if there was a "trash pile" of canned goods past it's best before date of a few weeks, and not even the homeless would sully themselves taking them. Also (super nitpick/observation) why was Ivy's equipment perfectly sized for her? Like her dagger was perfectly sized for the hilt to just fit her hand, but she's a child...so like is this dagger a kid's dagger, or a letter opener? Ivy looks pretty small, so probably even small woman's hands would be too big to grasp it properly. Or is it a magic dagger that resizes to the wielder? It's not that far fetched given the common-ness of magical equipment all over the place, like her bag of holding, and the stuff in that junk pile.

Speaking of her bags, why isn't this anime called "Reincarnated in Another World with my handbag fetish"? Like holy cows, she's got four courier bags and one fanny pack, yet she's trying to grab EVEN MOAR! at the trash pile. All she seemed to really need was the one magic bag of holding, she could have at least shoved the other bags in that one.

Like OMG, she left four bags behind, she could have had 8 + a fanny pack! How will she get by with only four? LOL. And I see that red potion in the dumpster, it's probably some legendary potion but is only capable of acting like an epic or rare potion due to it's age...so in the trash bin it goes!
Apr 8, 11:38 PM
Jun 2022
Yeah , Only 1 Thing To Do To That Village Who Cast Aside A Child

Apr 9, 7:42 PM

Feb 2009
huh? I thought she said her skill is so weak that she can't even tame small animals? How did she manage to tame the slime? Did they literally not test her skill at all before deciding she needs to be hunted down and killed?
Apr 23, 4:19 AM

Feb 2021
The poor child that didn't guilty at all...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 23, 1:54 PM
Mar 2018
watched around 8 minutes & it felt like an hour, wtf is going on anyway ?! at least you get to understand something from the first 5 mins about an anime so you can keep watching , but this girl is rambling nonsense to herself with her shit voice & I'm supposed get through with it, I feel bad that shit like this got the good animation
Anas_Er-ramyApr 23, 1:58 PM
May 28, 5:32 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I figured I should probably go back to Winter 2024 and hit up another show I missed from that season, and this is one of those that stuck out to me and I’m glad I finally hit it because this was really good. First off, it’s kinda wild how good it looks giving how it looks like Studio Massket mainly worked on music videos and commercials, and I see it was mentioned in this thread they’ve worked on in-between animation for tons of shows, so for their first full length anime they really nailed it. We also have a very nice OP if that’s what we heard there with the slime taming scene, I haven’t heard a song by Aina Suzuki herself since 2020 since most of what I’ve heard by her is part of a group song, it’s really good so I’m looking forward to seeing the visuals that go with it, and that ED by Tei was amazing, some beautiful visuals and I loved the song, the fact this aired on the same day as Undead Adventurer this season would have made it a soothing ED power combo because that’s what it reminded me of, very good stuff.

And the episode itself was an intriguing start, it mainly gave us info about Ivy’s backstory and why she’s living alone and her only friend is a hyper cute slime that only lives for a day lol, it’s a good setup for what I’m hoping is a great show. The whole stars thing seems sus, it reminds me a bit of how the skills work in “Banished from the Hero’s Party” where what you get is predetermined and you don’t get to choose, and here if you happen to get a skill with no stars you’re to be taken out back like Old Yeller lol, there’s probably more to but I’m sure we’ll find out as the show progresses. And of course I can’t forget to mention how cute Ivy is, love her design, if she’s trying to look like a boy she’s not doing a good job tho lol. And so far the Isekai aspect isn’t really relevant besides her name and the voice in her head, but perhaps that will come into play later.

I’m excited to see where this one goes!
May 29, 7:26 AM
Jan 2023
Oh damn, the animation is soooo good! Definitely gonna enjoy this lovely chill isekai. Was kinda getting sick of how isekais normally go, but this feels different.

How can people be so cruel to Ivy like that. Well I guess all will be explained later.
May 31, 9:12 AM

Nov 2019
They did not skimp on the animation and art for this episode wow. Femicia turned Ivy is a starless tamer but clearly she has some ability to be reckoned with. I'm confused whether she has split personalities or if she is just narrating her actions/talking to herself because it is weird how she changes topics to talk about her past life.

She tames a rare disintegrator slime she names Sora. I'm really enjoying how simple yet interesting the story has been so far it seems like this has a lot of potential for world building.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16

67 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 5, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2

61 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 3, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

77 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 1, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22

43 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 1, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15

34 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 1, 2:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.