Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 25, 5:47 PM

Dec 2009
Pleasantly surprised and cute ending. Definitely worth the watch.
Jan 28, 12:57 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I didn't mind this anime. It was a nice little throwback at many points. It was cute and a really sweet love letter to bishoujo games and just the passions we hold dear to us in general. I wasn't sure where it was going to go just reading the premise and watching the PVs, but I think they went a fun route despite any little flaws here and there.
Also, that MILF cafe seemed really nice. :U It reminds me of this one cafe I went to in Japan called Komorebi Fika. It wasn't sleazy or anything though. The maids were just a little older and it was a very calming vibe-- well, I guess I was actually pretty nervous because there was a lot of keigo/super formal talk going on.;; I felt bad because they didn't seem to want to break character but I was like adsfkhsa I haven't spoken keigo in like four years, fam. I didn't remember like anything besides that they invited me to read from their library and ordering food.;; So like I was able to be a customer, but for small talk I was like " :^D This is it. This is where I die. " Still, it was nice to have the maids more focused on being actual maids instead of the focus being on looks and such. I would love to go back when I've done a refresher on keigo.

Anyway, I did like this anime. Will miss it a little bit!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 18, 3:21 AM

Jan 2017
Was hoping the Echos were AIs from the future or something, them being aliens was a weird addition to this otherwise fine time-travel narrative.

Satisfying finale to this love letter of a series to a dying medium, made me very interested to read up the manga it was based of despite it being an anime-original story
Feb 19, 3:05 PM
Feb 2024
Was confused at first but overall cute ending. I enjoyed this series.
Mar 16, 11:05 PM

Mar 2013
Not a bad conclusion, it was good enough at the very least. I still enjoyed the finale, it was somehow satisfying.
Unfortunately, we didn't get to see what really happened in the past, in her time of giving the disc & letter to the past Mamoru as it was omitted/skipped in this final episode but it was still a worthwhile watch.
Nonetheless, I'd like to read what kind of messages old-man-Mamoru told his younger version. Maybe a love letter? 😅
I guess it's fine to ship them together as they're of legal age anyway... 😆😆😆
CrazyButNot4UMar 17, 2:48 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 22, 11:15 AM
Mar 2015
Yeah ok so females don’t age at all. Only men age correctly that sux

It’s a mixed bag for me and I’m not from the audience group who share the PC 98 nostalgia…. but I’ll add 1 extra point for the constant shoutouts to MadoMagi

7/10 for me
Mar 24, 2:30 PM
May 2014
Happy to see, for one time, a good ending.
However imo, an expanded version (let me say 24eps) of this serie colud had been more and more better, going deeper into “alien’s plot” and in Toya&Konoha game.
And what about the old lady, suddenly disappeared, who sold the time travel games to Konoha??
In the end I liked this show, but with a post feeling of wasted chance
Mar 26, 3:37 AM
Sep 2022
So... this story was Meet the Robinsons x New Game! all along. In my perspective, the story should have been better if they never introduced the two Echos (and made the dog into a regular dog), didn't add the Glenn Faulkner and his crazy company, and just made Toya help Konoha in building the game in year 1999 at the last episode , you know, Konoha going back to past when Toya is inviting her to make a company together, and that game would rival the The Waltz Crusade, thus making into a competition of bishoujo game companies. Thus, leading to the Akihabara that Konoha knows.

tl;dr
I didn't liked the last episodes, so I made my own story for Toya and Konoha, and their Akihabara-saving game.

Score: 6/10. New Game! was better. Speaking as a former game programmer in a indie company.
Mar 31, 1:15 AM
Aug 2014
Finally finished this myself.
Saw on Reddit someone clipped the "Fate Gears of Order" part which led me to check out the OP + clips of Konoha being adorable led me here.
Really enjoyed this; it relates to my type alot(I recognize nearly 95% of every non-fictional game, anime and series referenced and mentioned. And the ED had KOTOKO)

But like many, I do have issues and unanswered questions with the final arc.

Will start by saying my favourite girl is Toya. I want to waifu her; to R34 her. Glasses, adorkable, big melons, weirdly still hot even in her 50s(also Kaori and Meiko for some reason. No wrinkles. Yet the guys aged).
But there are many unanswered questions about her. Her "villainous" role in the final arc already slightly hinted, but one of the unanswered questions is(this is the hint I mentioned of her dark side in question): why was she so desensitized as an Otaku Princess? Ironically, the Otaku Princess look is my least favourite.

And, who is the American guy? Hints at a founder, but no indication as to who it is, with the American guy being the "final boss"(also, despite Toya's complaints about not meeting the guy face to face, she sure found him easily)

Like many, I also thought she would play the part in distributing the final game; as her company's debut game would certainly help put it on the map.

I guess the old lady that gave Konoha the games was Echo in a way. Think there was an implication that Echo1, 2 and 3 are all different facades of Echo, hence why the same name. Perhaps the old lady as well, hence why Echo1 knew Konoha and became a fan.
May 6, 9:54 PM

Jan 2009
I’m surprised this show isn’t getting as much love. I binged watched this series and thoroughly enjoyed it (even the random alien stuff). Sure, it would’ve been nice if they showed us how Konoha was able to release the game back then, but with a 13-episode series, I didn’t expect much. I enjoyed the ending. I know many don’t want to ship Konoha x Mamoru but they technically met when they were younger so I feel like the age gap shouldn’t matter at this point lol. They’ve been through a lot together so I wouldn’t be surprised if they develop feelings for each other. It’s an open ending so I guess it’s just up to our imagination to figure out what happens after the last episode.
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
May 7, 3:10 PM
Mar 2023
Overall a fun show with a clear love for its subject matter, but the final episodes fall short of the rest I feel. Instead of spending so much time on dystopian scifi plot, it would have been better to stick to what made so enjoyable in the first and focus on the actual game development. As it stands, we barely get to see what sort of game Konoha actually made, which is disappointing. I might have preferred it if they had Konoha go back sooner and made the game in the past itself with Toya, since her role as a villain felt underwhelming and I honestly would have liked to see them work together for the last part of the show.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2023

88 by Trentsuki »»
Apr 27, 12:19 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2023

73 by lasodamos »»
Apr 11, 2:11 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2023

126 by lasodamos »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2023

79 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 21, 9:13 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2023

61 by SweetMonia »»
Mar 20, 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.