Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

CSM director got harrased by anime communities due to his directional choice

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 30, 2022 9:10 PM
May 2016
I hope he sticks to the project all the way through and doesn't give into the harassment, he's doing a fantastic job so far.
Oct 30, 2022 9:17 PM

Aug 2022
Chomusuke01 said:
StaleNut said:

Even if you think that, in what way is harassment ok my dude? Or are you just an edgy teen with too much free time?

If he doesn't do the shit he is supposed to do as the fans want it he fully deserves all the hate

What kind of retarded mentality is that😭
Oct 30, 2022 9:28 PM

Oct 2013
Chainsaw Man fanatics acting in toxic and immature way? How unexpected.

Sarcasm aside, I saw CSM fans thrashing even Tatsuki Fujimoto, because they didn't like how the plot in few latest chapters had been going like.
Oct 30, 2022 9:31 PM

Sep 2016
his own fault for bastardizing many people's beloved manga

Also I'm willing to bet my testicles that the "harrassment" isn't actually harrassment, just people shitting and criticizing on the adaptation. typical MAPPA VERY QUICK at playing victim at slightest criticism.
GangsterCatOct 30, 2022 9:39 PM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 30, 2022 9:34 PM

Oct 2013
Modernoir said:
I hope he sticks to the project all the way through and doesn't give into the harassment, he's doing a fantastic job so far.

I finished watching the first episode not that long ago, but if "specific direction" means something seen in the first half of it, then I'm in! You don't see such approach in many animes nowadays, plus I like to see something I didn't expect before starting watching a show. Especially if it's done right.

4esthetics said:
Death threat fans and harassers are the reason why gatekeeping is necessary sometimes. These manchildren really need a good spanking.

But Chainsaw Man fanbase is quite full of gatekeepers already, which is weird considering huge popularity of its manga. Just tell them a different opinion than the one from essays written by overthinking edgelords (that kind of mindset was roasted by Fujimoto-sensei himself in one manga, by the way), or suggest a different ship. You will most likely see many reactions to your message that would be of similar to quality if you interacted with stereotypical community of MHA fans, lol. The fact that many former toxic Attack on Titan fans apparently moved from one fanbase to another and one of the latter was CSM fanbase don't help in making the whole fandom less radical.
AdnashOct 30, 2022 9:43 PM
Oct 30, 2022 9:46 PM
Nov 2021
Most healthy weeb behaviour.
Oct 30, 2022 10:01 PM

Dec 2012
I always defer to these two universal truths:

1. Whatever your view on an adaptation is, you should respectfully voice your criticisms of it so it's not misconstrued as feral raging.
2. Companies often use "harassment" and "hatred" as euphemisms for damage control when they get unexpected pushback for doing something wrong.
Oct 31, 2022 2:32 AM

Oct 2010
where are the threats and "harassment"?
studio pierrot received death threats weekly from fans because of urusei yatsura and they laughed about it, this drama is just bad
come back when there's a real threat but I guess you can't because the idiot director closed his twitter
people exaggerate in both sides, if there was an actual threat he would have filed a complain to the police, also people should make fun of something whenever they want
Oct 31, 2022 9:58 PM

Oct 2017
Catalano said:
where are the threats and "harassment"?
studio pierrot received death threats weekly from fans because of urusei yatsura and they laughed about it, this drama is just bad
come back when there's a real threat but I guess you can't because the idiot director closed his twitter
people exaggerate in both sides, if there was an actual threat he would have filed a complain to the police, also people should make fun of something whenever they want

Yeah the director is a thin skinned idiot for having to helm a public work and deal with abuse from man/womanchildren unlike me who is totally anonymous lol. He has no obligation to keep it open and that honestly probably is the best way to deal with it. It just sucks because it is unique to talk to industry members but if they are going to receive abuse from people who don't like how a certain production went I don't blame them for not bothering. A personal social media isn't a job it's free time why the hell would I want to listen to random schizos on an already stressful job?

Plus you will get tons of people saying you should die or a horrible human being and none of those will likely a constitute a "real threat". You just need one douchebag who doesn't have to even comment and you get the Kyoto Animation fires all over again. Way too many people in general feel entitled regarding certain jobs in stuff like the service or entertainment industry.

There isn't any exaggeration once you make it personal you lose on criticism. There is a difference between making personal insults and saying their approach to the work is bad. This isn't simply I like what he has done for CSM and the production so far bias coming through. I hated the sequel trilogy for SW but still felt a decent amount of the criticism was petty and childish. It's one of the big reasons I don't interact with the fandom anymore. It's a media work and people need to stop taking it so seriously. There isn't a two side story here people shouldn't feel so entitled to make comments such as that over simply being unhappy with the product. Anything else you leave your bad review and move on. There isn't much to laugh about.
BilboBaggins365Oct 31, 2022 10:06 PM
Oct 31, 2022 10:41 PM
Apr 2021
twitter will be twitter
Oct 31, 2022 11:51 PM

Nov 2013
CreepHazard said:
ButtSlapper said:
cuz his directing is dog shit.
he wants to make an anime that looks like a hollywood movie but fails so hard.

I bet you can't even direct your own fucking life smh

AYYYYYYY GOTTEM.
Nov 1, 2022 12:05 AM

Feb 2019
S5_0014_81 said:
The anime looks like garbage

The colour palette is equal to that of Ex-Arm. There sound and OST lacks a lot as well

Ex-Arm director also said he wanted to do something "original", "different from all the other anime". We already know how that ended.

What a terrible post
If garbage means high level sakuga then i would take garbage
Sakuta002766Nov 1, 2022 12:12 AM
Nov 1, 2022 2:44 AM

Dec 2012
Freedom of speech was a mistake
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Nov 1, 2022 11:09 AM

May 2021
Pietru said:
Freedom of speech was a mistake

It's more of a privilege, I believe.

Nov 2, 2022 9:42 PM

Jul 2021
ButtSlapper said:
cuz his directing is dog shit.
he wants to make an anime that looks like a hollywood movie but fails so hard.
Even if you think that she shouldn't get harassed 😕

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

988 by Metrukistan »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
Yesterday, 4:35 PM

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - May 22

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 27, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

591 by thatlittlefox »»
May 24, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.