Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2020 8:40 PM

Apr 2013
MikanNatsume5 said:
Is a collection of one shots the same as a collection of short stories?

For the purpose of the item, sure. :)
Jan 14, 2020 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
NJGore said:
Yo, I'm kind of (very) slow.
I'm not sure if I understood how to participate properly.
My difficulty is "enthusiast", does that mean I have to do the first 50 challenge items or can I choose whatever 50 I want from the 111 there are?

;;;
You can choose any of them as long as there's 50 items in total, doesn't have to be first 50
Jan 15, 2020 2:25 AM

Mar 2016
"Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread"

Something Psychological perhaps.

Jan 15, 2020 5:15 AM
Jul 2018
Ryunuosuke said:
"Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread"

Helter Skelter
Kizu
Arigatou
Onanie Master Kurosawa
Nijigahara Holograph
Ori no Naka no Soloist
Jan 15, 2020 5:41 AM

Mar 2016
Gythia said:
Ryunuosuke said:

Helter Skelter
Kizu
Arigatou
Onanie Master Kurosawa
Nijigahara Holograph
Ori no Naka no Soloist

They look interesting. Thanks!
Probably gonna go with Onanie Master Kurosawa as this was recommended by a couple of people till now and I never got into it xD

Jan 15, 2020 6:12 AM

Aug 2012
I can just pick anything off the challenge list and read it until I hit my difficulty requirement right? I cant believe that out of all the information on the other page... i had to come to the discussion page to find that most essential piece of information! Sorry, not trying to be negative, but in the spirit of discussion i just had to get that out there. Its not too late, you might wanna make that more clear in the guidelines.
Jan 15, 2020 7:17 AM

Apr 2013
Lainsbearsuit said:
I can just pick anything off the challenge list and read it until I hit my difficulty requirement right?

Remember that the challenge list has more items than required, so you can modify it at any time while completing the challenge. :)
Jan 15, 2020 8:44 AM

Mar 2016
Lainsbearsuit said:
I can just pick anything off the challenge list and read it until I hit my difficulty requirement right? I cant believe that out of all the information on the other page... i had to come to the discussion page to find that most essential piece of information! Sorry, not trying to be negative, but in the spirit of discussion i just had to get that out there. Its not too late, you might wanna make that more clear in the guidelines.

What was the most helpful post for that? We are aware of participants having a rough time with the jokers and we are open for any input to better the situation and make things more clear.
Jan 17, 2020 6:14 AM

Jan 2009
22. Read a Psychological or Thriller manga.
28. Read a Psychological or Supernatural manga.

Is it a mistake, or can I just read two psychological mangas for these challenges?
Jan 17, 2020 7:36 AM

Apr 2013
lubryka said:

Is it a mistake, or can I just read two psychological mangas for these challenges?
Good question. :) We'll get back to you.
Jan 17, 2020 9:56 AM

Apr 2013
lubryka said:

Yes. :)
Have fun. :P
Jan 17, 2020 1:10 PM

Sep 2012
my third attempt for MRC, but i never completed previous due to time,

so There are 111 challenge items this year, i will start step by step

so if i start beginner, can i choose any 10 from 111 ?
or it has to be in order?

regards
Jan 17, 2020 1:14 PM

Apr 2015
Daisy-Sensei said:
my third attempt for MRC, but i never completed previous due to time,

so There are 111 challenge items this year, i will start step by step

so if i start beginner, can i choose any 10 from 111 ?
or it has to be in order?

regards

You can choose any, there's no order you need to stick to!

Jan 17, 2020 5:38 PM

Aug 2015
If I start to read an on going manga (like Haikyuu or Mairimashita, Senpai for example).
When I do complete one item of the challenge?
For example

[Started: DATE] [Finished: DATE] #26. Read a Sports or Games manga.
Haikyuu.

Jan 17, 2020 6:16 PM

Mar 2016
UndefinedProfile said:
If I start to read an on going manga (like Haikyuu or Mairimashita, Senpai for example).
For example

Haikyuu.

You "complete" the item on the day of your turn in. Until then you have to be up to date with ongoing series. The Finished Date is the day you read the latest chapter available. This can be one week before your turn in or just a day. You can ignore everything that gets published the day after your turn in.
Jan 17, 2020 6:37 PM

Aug 2015
Schlopsi said:
UndefinedProfile said:
For example

Haikyuu.

You "complete" the item on the day of your turn in. Until then you have to be up to date with ongoing series. The Finished Date is the day you read the latest chapter available. This can be one week before your turn in or just a day. You can ignore everything that gets published the day after your turn in.

So, if the chapter 380 is the last chapter available, when I reach the chapter 380, then I complete the item?
Jan 18, 2020 2:38 AM

Apr 2013
UndefinedProfile said:
So, if the chapter 380 is the last chapter available, when I reach the chapter 380, then I complete the item?
If you turn in your form, and the latest available chapter is chapter 380, then yes.
If you reach chapter 380, but there's another chapter available by the time you turn in your form, you also have to read that chapter.
Jan 18, 2020 7:37 AM

Aug 2017
hey! i was just wondering about something and figured i'd ask it here.
i'm doing manga expert, and i'm close to finishing. however, there are
ofcourse more challenges than just 65, and i'd like to do those too.
can i send in my completion form if i finished 65 mangas, and still edit
my sign in post to do the other challenges? or can you only send in your
completion form if you're not going to do any more challenges?

sorry if my question is confusing!
Jan 18, 2020 9:27 AM

Sep 2011
hi, could one of you help me with this one, please :

#87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

thank you in advance.
Jan 18, 2020 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
aemiliuz said:

#87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

thank you in advance.
Azumanga Daioh
I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year.
Solanin
All You Need Is Kill
Jan 18, 2020 11:10 AM

Sep 2011
Gythia said:
aemiliuz said:

thank you in advance.
Azumanga Daioh
I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year.
Solanin
All You Need Is Kill

Nice suggestions, i'll keep them in mind for the other items and go with I sold my life etc, seems like an interesting one. Thank you.
Jan 18, 2020 11:15 AM

Mar 2016
xiulaces said:
hey! i was just wondering about something and figured i'd ask it here.
i'm doing manga expert, and i'm close to finishing. however, there are
ofcourse more challenges than just 65, and i'd like to do those too.
can i send in my completion form if i finished 65 mangas, and still edit
my sign in post to do the other challenges? or can you only send in your
completion form if you're not going to do any more challenges?

sorry if my question is confusing!

You can do more than those 65 items, but we probably won't check any more than those tbh (since it's rather time costly to inspect). So I'd recommend you to either list all the other items you won't include in Manga Expert in a separate spoiler on the bottom section of your form, or do a separate attempt i.e. in a blog post which you can edit safely any time. Once you turn in your form however, you shouldn't edit the 65 items you're using for Expert - about the others below we don't really care. ;)
aemiliuz said:

thank you in advance.

Kanata no Astra
Land Lock
G Senjou Heaven's Door
Yuureitou
Half & Half
Afterschool War Activities
Jan 18, 2020 11:24 AM

Aug 2017
Schlopsi said:
You can do more than those 65 items, but we probably won't check any more than those tbh (since it's rather time costly to inspect). So I'd recommend you to either list all the other items you won't include in Manga Expert in a separate spoiler on the bottom section of your form, or do a separate attempt i.e. in a blog post which you can edit safely any time. Once you turn in your form however, you shouldn't edit the 65 items you're using for Expert - about the others below we don't really care. ;)

thank you very much for your quick answer! i'll make
sure to put them in a separate spoiler then!
Jan 18, 2020 1:49 PM

Feb 2017
Help me with #87
Not too long, short is fine but I prefer them not to be a one shot. I'd like a drama, if you wouldn't mind/
Jan 18, 2020 3:15 PM

Mar 2016
Hackser_ said:
Help me with #87
Not too long, short is fine but I prefer them not to be a one shot. I'd like a drama, if you wouldn't mind/

Annarasumanara
Confession
Heads
Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de.
Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku.
Omoide Emanon
Solanin (or anything else from Inio Asano)
Suiiki
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Jan 18, 2020 5:43 PM

Feb 2017
Schlopsi said:
Hackser_ said:
Help me with #87

Annarasumanara
Confession
Heads
Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de.
Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku.
Omoide Emanon
Solanin (or anything else from Inio Asano)
Suiiki
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan

Thank you very much. I've read Jumyou wo Kaitotte, while Solanin, Omoide Emanon, and Heads are already in my waiting list, but the rest of them are very interesting. I think I'm gonna go with The Gods Lies. Anyway, once again thank you very much
Jan 19, 2020 6:54 PM

Jan 2015
#57: Read a manga with a main character that is a professional in their field.

I just want to make sure for this:
If the series doesn't have any character entries in the DB (making it unclear who is or isn't a MC), is it fine as long as the series synopsis makes the character's profession (and their main...ness, so to speak) obvious?
I wanted to use this for this entry, there's no character entries, but I think the ML and his profession are pretty unambiguous. Is this fine, or does the character HAVE to have be officially marked as main?

My Manga / Light Novel Collection: EN | FR | LN
Jan 20, 2020 1:13 AM

Apr 2015
Horkus said:

If the series doesn't have any character entries in the DB (making it unclear who is or isn't a MC), is it fine as long as the series synopsis makes the character's profession (and their main...ness, so to speak) obvious?
I wanted to use this for this entry, there's no character entries, but I think the ML and his profession are pretty unambiguous. Is this fine, or does the character HAVE to have be officially marked as main?

In cases like this, where it's super obvious by just the synopsis, that's fine :)

Jan 20, 2020 1:29 AM

Apr 2013
Horkus said:

As long as it's apparent based on cover/description/character description, it's fine. :)
Jan 20, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2013
Hackser_ said:
Help me with #87

Peach Girl is 72 chapters long but I have a soft spot for it and I think maybe you could like it
Yuri na Watashi to Akuma na Kanojo(?) is not drama but it's a very nice read (and short too)

those are the ones on your ptr list that I read

not on your list but you could give a try:
Claudine...! is short but is very dramatic, it's one of those manga that I recommend to everyone
Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku.: short? check. drama? check. since i'm not really into drama i didn't like it, but i can see why people love it!
Shimanami Tasogare beautiful art, it focuses on identity and "growing up as a lgbt kid" drama. give it a try.

I tried rec'ing what you asked for but drama's not really my forte sahiogdusifu sorry
I hope this was still helpful, though!! :)

Jan 20, 2020 10:29 AM

Mar 2017
Would the interior of a vehicle count for #84?
Jan 20, 2020 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
BrainpanSonata said:
Sure. Which manga is that? 👀
Jan 20, 2020 11:18 AM

Mar 2017
HeNrYTG50 said:
BrainpanSonata said:
Sure. Which manga is that? 👀

Durarara!! Saika-hen
Jan 20, 2020 6:31 PM
Oct 2008
Schlopsi said:
HaruChoi said:
I feel dumb cause this is the first question...

"Read a collection of short stories"

does this mean those oneshot type of managa's that have like 1 volume filled with different one shots? if not I'm confused on what this means.

There's no such thing as dumb questions. ;)
Yes, it's just as you explained. The manga description often varies a bit when it comes to those, so things like this: Love Letter or this Yaneura no Majowould would be valid for it as an example.

Would the manga:

https://myanimelist.net/manga/3258/Haruka_na_Machi_e

Count as a collection of short stories?

Jan 20, 2020 9:30 PM

Feb 2017
isahbellah said:
Hackser_ said:
Help me with #87

Peach Girl is 72 chapters long but I have a soft spot for it and I think maybe you could like it
Yuri na Watashi to Akuma na Kanojo(?) is not drama but it's a very nice read (and short too)

those are the ones on your ptr list that I read

not on your list but you could give a try:
Claudine...! is short but is very dramatic, it's one of those manga that I recommend to everyone
Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku.: short? check. drama? check. since i'm not really into drama i didn't like it, but i can see why people love it!
Shimanami Tasogare beautiful art, it focuses on identity and "growing up as a lgbt kid" drama. give it a try.

I tried rec'ing what you asked for but drama's not really my forte sahiogdusifu sorry
I hope this was still helpful, though!! :)

Thank you for you suggestions. Claudine is a very interesting take, especially since I've watched some of the author's (Ikeda, Riyoko) anime adaptations (Versailles no Bara and Oniisama e), and I really love them, so I'll definitely read this one later. Thank you
Jan 20, 2020 11:06 PM

Mar 2016
Bookworm86 said:
Schlopsi said:

There's no such thing as dumb questions. ;)
Yes, it's just as you explained. The manga description often varies a bit when it comes to those, so things like this: Love Letter or this Yaneura no Majowould would be valid for it as an example.

Would the manga:

https://myanimelist.net/manga/3258/Haruka_na_Machi_e

Count as a collection of short stories?

No, it doesn't count, sorry. The item requires several stories, which are bundled together in a volume or more (like in the examples shown above). Not just episodic chapters.
Jan 22, 2020 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
For Tags & Demographics, can I use short story collections as long as one of them has the required tag/genre and that tag/genre is listed in the MAL database entry?

Going to use Koi no Kamisama for "#21. Read a Super Power or Magic manga."
Jan 22, 2020 7:39 AM

Mar 2016
Gythia said:
For Tags & Demographics, can I use short story collections as long as one of them has the required tag/genre and that tag/genre is listed in the MAL database entry?

Going to use Koi no Kamisama for "#21. Read a Super Power or Magic manga."

Sure, that works.
Jan 22, 2020 1:07 PM

Nov 2010
"#87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread."

Can someone recommend me an manga about courtesans? (I think I've read every manga that was in the tags in the mangaupdates but could exist something without the correct tag) or an manga about the feudal Japan? Thanks.
Jan 22, 2020 3:26 PM

Apr 2013
Kamirura said:
"#87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread."

Can someone recommend me an manga about courtesans? (I think I've read every manga that was in the tags in the mangaupdates but could exist something without the correct tag) or an manga about the feudal Japan? Thanks.
Saraiya Goyou? :0
Jan 23, 2020 10:37 AM
Nov 2019
How do I participate in this challange?
Does anyone now?
Jan 23, 2020 11:13 AM

Apr 2015
Dzendzi said:
How do I participate in this challange?
Does anyone now?

Please read the first 4 posts on this thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1818367
If you still have questions after thoroughly reading through everything, don't hesitate to ask here.

Jan 23, 2020 2:27 PM

Nov 2014
I would like some recommendations for #87. I'm always thirsty for some cute and fluffy slice of life stuff, so I'd prefer something like that
thank you~
Jan 23, 2020 3:55 PM

Mar 2017
fraideii said:
I would like some recommendations for #87. I'm always thirsty for some cute and fluffy slice of life stuff, so I'd prefer something like that
thank you~

K-On!
Aria
Ojojojo
Uchi no Maou Kamimasen yo
Jan 23, 2020 5:55 PM

Jan 2015
fraideii said:
thank you~

I just finished reading Yuru Yuru for the colored manga entry and really enjoyed it. I dunno if I'd call it fluffy, but it was a cute and relaxing slice of life series

My Manga / Light Novel Collection: EN | FR | LN
Jan 23, 2020 11:45 PM

Dec 2011
#09. Read a manga by your favorite author/artist.

I was planning to use anything I haven't already read by Syundei - come to find out, Doushite Sensei ni Natta no is a oneshot inside this anthology. Am I able to still use it if I give a link to MU? Or is it considered the anthology in general and to be used with a different challenge #?
Jan 24, 2020 10:58 AM

Apr 2013
CMYK said:
#09. Read a manga by your favorite author/artist.

I was planning to use anything I haven't already read by Syundei - come to find out, Doushite Sensei ni Natta no is a oneshot inside this anthology. Am I able to still use it if I give a link to MU? Or is it considered the anthology in general and to be used with a different challenge #?
It would count as an anthology, unfortunately, since that's how it is in the database.
Jan 25, 2020 7:05 AM

Nov 2014
BrainpanSonata said:
fraideii said:
thank you~

K-On!
Aria
Ojojojo
Uchi no Maou Kamimasen yo
Horkus said:
fraideii said:
thank you~

I just finished reading Yuru Yuru for the colored manga entry and really enjoyed it. I dunno if I'd call it fluffy, but it was a cute and relaxing slice of life series

Thank you both, I'll hopefully be able to use all of them
Jan 27, 2020 2:44 AM
Jul 2018
A humanoid God counts as non-human right?

This manga has both Japanese and non-Japanese MC, can I still use it for "#54. Read a manga with a non-Japanese main character that takes place in the real world."
removed-userJan 27, 2020 2:52 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Good manga to read for people starting out

Goblingaming - May 21

9 by Rissio »»
1 hour ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

17 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

» Thoughts on long manga?

Chuckiemuffin - Feb 29

35 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Completed my first LN.

Clannat - Yesterday

3 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 11:21 AM

» Im just gonna say it, Tokyo Ghoul has some of the best art and story in all of manga behind Berserk

NessieMAL - May 24

4 by DaoistFR »»
Yesterday, 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.