Forum Settings
Forums

What anime would you show to someone who has never watched anime before?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 9, 2014 9:07 AM

Feb 2014
I would show someone Full Metal Alchemist, so they can get an idea of an amazing anime with a unique story. (At least that's what I think)
Then I'd show them an anime like Date A Live, which is funny with cute characters.
Aug 9, 2014 9:50 AM

Feb 2012
The same as always. Generic garbage, whatever will do as long as it's generic and preferably has lots of comedy, pantsu and action.
Aug 9, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2013
showed my friend Trigun and Hellsing Ultimate and he liked them both.
Aug 9, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2014
Death Note.
Aug 9, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
The anime I suggest to them would vary depending on genres that person is interested in, but I would most likely suggest the following:

Attack on Titan
Dragon Ball Z
Sword Art Online
And others
Aug 9, 2014 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
MAID SAMA, from the beginning like an addictive anime. -w-
Aug 9, 2014 7:11 PM

Aug 2014
first time I know anime of course because Dragon ball,then One piece ,then Naruto
All of that showed on TV and always on TV

when I grow up and internet easily to be used,I search on google and end up on myanimelist and always update. like shingeki no kyojin,psycho pass,Death Note,Clannad ,etc.

AND NOW I KIND OF LIKE ANY OF ANIME SHOW
Aug 9, 2014 8:49 PM
Mar 2014
Higurashi no naku koro ni (This was the first horror anime I saw and I just couldn't stop watching it )

Ano Hana (For people to understand that even with an anime you can have such deep emotion towards a character)

Psycho Pass (This was just awesome)
Aug 10, 2014 5:30 AM

Jun 2014
Death Note or Shingeki no Kyoujin
Aug 10, 2014 6:37 AM
Feb 2013
I feel that it would be best to show someone a series that can appeal to Western audiences, like the usual titles such as Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Trigun, Samurai Champloo. I also think shows such as Gungrave, Ergo Proxy, Monster and Hellsing Ultimate can work as well.
Aug 10, 2014 6:40 AM

Jun 2014
Emnay said:
oni chichi
I can confirm this
Aug 20, 2014 10:28 AM

Jun 2014
Oni chichi is the only one you need to see

Aug 20, 2014 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
Death Note, it's the first one that i watched and it's the one that got me into anime
Aug 20, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2014
Definitely Death Note :3

Xway101 ~By me~
Aug 20, 2014 3:47 PM
May 2014
I would show them Hunter X Hunter to show them that just because its a good shounen battle anime doesn't mean it has to be packed with fights,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2014 9:28 PM
Apr 2011
If i could choose 2, it would have to be Fate/Zero, and Index.

Fate/Zero because aside from the English dub not actually being that bad, Fate/Zero is a rare type of the Magic/Fantasy genre that does not give into typical japanese methods such as Fanservice and Moe, and focuses on the plot and production value, even the air of the anime gives off slightly dark overtone. Furthermore, the animation and art surpass any animation art American company's have to offer (not including CGI, which America tends to do more and is more experienced in than japan, I'll give them that) which shows just how much company's like UFOtable know what they are doing.

As for Index, albeit follows Japanese anime industry standards a little more, I think is uniquely appealing to people who are inexperienced with anime because of the exciting, fast-paced-action vibes the anime gives off, everything from the involvement of trippy superpowers, fast paced techno music, dark plots, an urban setting, gangs, magic that follows religious and occult pretexts, personality's that are far from boring, and a plot that is thoroughly explained so your brain doesn't explode give this anime the vibes I am talking about. Index is what started me in anime, so I might be a little biased with this one.

Also, +1 for attack on titan, also a very good anime to start with, but not the best anime to watch if you are already experienced :D
Z-InfoAug 20, 2014 9:32 PM
Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
Aug 20, 2014 9:36 PM

Feb 2010
Ultimately it depends on the type of person but my goto's are usually...
Code Geass
This was the first anime I was shown and it definitely pulled me in. For me, it threw any potential pre-conceptions about anime out the window. With a sophisticated plot and cunning main character who operates a battle field like a game of chess, Code Geass opened my eyes to the potential.

Trigun
Very funny and awesome; I've found that most people enjoy this one very much. The bad-ass main character makes you grin and want to learn more about his mysterious situation.

Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
An extremely good movie perfect for the normal individual who knows nothing about anime. It's touching and deep and will pique the interest of one who may be skeptical.
Aug 20, 2014 9:46 PM

Sep 2013
I'd recommend Shingeki no Kyojin due to it being liked by quite a few people who aren't even that into anime, Hunter x Hunter because I'm biased and its one of my favorite series, Daily Lives of High School Boys because its really funny, and Natsume Yuujinchou because I, once again, am very biased and its another one of my favorites.

And no, I didn't enjoy the first anime I knowingly watched. It was a very pink, very girly, magical girl anime. Because of my dislike of it I delved into the genre in attempt to find something more to my liking.
Aug 23, 2014 6:16 PM

Aug 2013
a
Aug 23, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
b
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2014 9:59 PM
Nov 2010
naens said:
Mushishi. Other anime are way too weird: weird style, weird characters, weird storyline... I know that Mushishi also have a lot of weird moments, but it's nothing compared to other shows. They are often too childish.

IKR. Gotta show these newcomers that anime is all about 'poetry' and 'serene atmospheres'.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Aug 23, 2014 10:38 PM
Jul 2014
Elfen Lied to establish that it's not just for children.
I'M GONE NOW
Aug 23, 2014 10:49 PM

Aug 2014
Neon Genesis Evangelion. If they can get through that as their first anime, they can get through anything.
Aug 23, 2014 11:01 PM

Jan 2013
I would advise him/her to stay the fuck away from anime.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Aug 23, 2014 11:54 PM

Jul 2014
First anime was Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. I thought it was okay.

Anime I'd reccommend to a beginner is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I guess.
Aug 24, 2014 1:03 AM

Jun 2014
It seriously pains me so much that HxH 2011 exists, for a 1999 fan.
"You see this guy's eyes? More crossed than Christianity! Look at him!"
- Seamus "SSoH" O'Doherty
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» why the double standard?

Cielord - 10 hours ago

26 by traed »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Yesterday

74 by Daviljoe193 »»
13 minutes ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre? ( 1 2 )

Semester1 - May 28

72 by Thereisnoonehere »»
17 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9131 by Alpha-Nine »»
21 minutes ago

» Does complexity made an anime better? And what is your favourite complex anime

niknasr - 31 minutes ago

0 by niknasr »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.