Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2008 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuuhi breaks the engagement to Ren'ai with Junichi - wise decision.
Minato and Yuuhi clarified everything.. (I want Minato x Yuuhi ending :3) now it's time for Junichi to decide. Maybe we will have a sudden turn into Minato arc? (I dont know the game)

So next episode is already the last, we will hopefully see the parents, maybe some past and how it ends.
Rather good episode, even when it wasn't that much happening. Akane-iro tries to cut their losses after the very disappointing middle part.
Dec 11, 2008 10:44 PM
Jan 2008
I watch it the lastest episode 11 in RAW... Your right it was Junichi decision who's to choose between MINATO and YUUHI??? in my part i want MS. MINATO NAGASE....... if you play the game you understand what JUNICHI will choose between 7 main LOVELY CHARACTER like MINATO, YUUHI, MITSUKI,MIKOTO, NAGOMI, TSUKASA and KAREN????? can't wait for the finally........ hope there will be SPEACIAL or OVA in the future????
Dec 11, 2008 10:45 PM
Jan 2008
I watch it the lastest episode 11 in RAW... Your right it was Junichi decision who's to choose between MINATO and YUUHI??? in my part i want MS. MINATO NAGASE....... if you play the game you understand what JUNICHI will choose between 7 main LOVELY CHARACTER like MINATO, YUUHI, MITSUKI,MIKOTO, NAGOMI, TSUKASA and KAREN????? can't wait for the finally........ hope there will be SPEACIAL or OVA in the future????
Dec 11, 2008 10:52 PM

Jan 2008
kyuubi_naruto said:

I don't think they've even mentioned Mikoto's name because she's just there and her arc is completely off to the side. And who's Karen, wait never mind she's in the PS2 ver.
Dec 11, 2008 10:57 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode. Finally people got around to see it. Wow this was slow after all. Very slow episode but we get to see development and that is good.

So Minato finally admits that she loves her brother but what a powerful confession with the emotions running rampant.

Junichi gets taken by black suit guys working for his father? For what purpose was he brought at that base? The end seems to be filled with mystery but things cleared up between Minato and Yuuhi. Shiawase! (means happy/happiness)

Great emotions/good comedy although not as good as other episodes/good resolve No problem here but "School days" would be cool and who is Nagomi exaclty? We still do not know.

1.Yuuhi, so much emotion put unto this scene. I did not tear but my jaw was dropped for the whole scene. Very surprised at how much emotion poured in.
2.Nagomi? OwO Who is she really? It is bugging me more than ever.

slayer545-samaDec 12, 2008 2:04 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 12, 2008 12:50 AM

Jul 2008
Ugh, how predictable. I call for a School Days ending!
Dec 12, 2008 12:53 PM

Oct 2008
It was okey. Good, albeit predictable, as Defiance said. I dunno, doesn't bother me that much. Wouldn't really like a nice boat ending though. =x

I don't even know with whom I want Junichi to end up with, I guess I don't mind. So unless they totally screw the final ep, I'm satisfied. (That's not to say this series is awesome or even good, though... For now it's getting a 6/10.)
Dec 13, 2008 7:47 AM
Mar 2008
boring eps ... so yuuhi x junichi is finished .. and the series go to incest .. WTF ... !!!
Dec 13, 2008 9:45 PM

Mar 2008
Minato ftw XD (dont like Tsundere)
dragonshadeDec 14, 2008 1:06 AM
Dec 14, 2008 8:06 PM

Jan 2008
dragonshade said:
dragonshade said:

I'm on your team
Dec 17, 2008 7:19 AM

Jan 2008
leoneri said:
.. and the series go to incest .. WTF ... !!!

that's what makes this anime delicious!

aahh the forbidden love~~
Dec 18, 2008 5:38 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hm, that was resolved rather easily. The end.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 18, 2008 5:40 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
Hm, that was resolved rather easily. The end.

WTF was that at the end?
D:

Good episode btw.
Dec 18, 2008 6:12 PM

Aug 2008
I've been waiting days for this to come out..

So Minato finally confesses to Yuuhi about her love for Junichi.. emotions and tension are starting to build up.. then the next thing: They're f***in laugh about it!! WTF?! What the bloody f**k?
I mean what kind of a reaction is that? Cry, scream, suffer, fight but handling it like yesterday's news.. God damn it..

This will never be a decent program, not even in a 100 years..
Dec 18, 2008 6:55 PM

Jul 2008
the previews...was that even a preview T.T
but the ep was good 10/10
tsundere ftw~
<3taiga,shana,louise,yuuhi!
Dec 18, 2008 7:08 PM

Dec 2008
Oh man, my impression of Yuuhi totally changed. If this ends up in a Minato ending, I think I will be the happiest person ever. Why is Minato so freaking kawaii~!!
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 18, 2008 7:29 PM

Jan 2008

Despite the twists going on in this episode, I could still see a final fight over Junichi's heart in-between the action-ey parts of the final episode. Imagine Yuuhi saying:

"I know of your feelings for Junichi but I'm not going to give up without a fight!" :P
Dec 18, 2008 7:36 PM

Aug 2008
So Yuuhi and Minato got together quite easily huh? Didn't expect much of a drama fight on their part. Still nice to watch though.

I had some perverted thoughts at these scenes:

Either blame the subbers, or Yuuhi! :P

dragonshade said:

Agreed with the first part! But I love Tsunderes, they're so much fun~

A rather shaddy reunion with Junichi's parents. I wonder if it will be really that interesting in the end though.

Anyway, Minato ftw~
Dec 18, 2008 7:37 PM

Nov 2008
PhantomWings-X88 said:

Despite the twists going on in this episode, I could still see a final fight over Junichi's heart in-between the action-ey parts of the final episode. Imagine Yuuhi saying:

"I know of your feelings for Junichi but I'm not going to give up without a fight!" :P

Fan excitement expected on this one. We all want something so exciting like the sister VS the to be be bride Yuuhi. I am starting to see many more things in anime then when I did not watch it since I did not know about it. Do my episode discussion suck? I did not really ask anywhere this just want to know since I am new on MAL, I did have comments saying that I am a funny person. Ok, cool.
Dec 18, 2008 8:09 PM

Aug 2008
this episode is the epitome of gay. Ugh - just cliched retardedness.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Dec 18, 2008 8:36 PM
Mar 2008
Yuuhi beat the crap out of Minato lol. Aren't the siblings still blood related? I thought Minato's love was kinda like a I would be lonely without my brother love, but with the game, I don't even know anymore. She is cute though.
Dec 18, 2008 8:53 PM

Aug 2008
amusing episode, i don't think can really accurately guess how the final episode will go but i am very interested :)

ahhh subs, really good for the lols

Dec 18, 2008 8:55 PM

Jul 2008
Incest !
Dec 18, 2008 9:45 PM
Aug 2007
I was half expecting Yuuhi to take a knife to Minato's back after that small peaceful moment after Minato admitted she liked Junichi. A school days ending would've been fun :p
Dec 18, 2008 9:56 PM

Feb 2008
i never finished school days, but im seriously wondering how in the hell they are going to wrap all of this up in 1 episode? Plus the whole army plane at the end of the ep has got me worried, even if it is his parents
Dec 18, 2008 10:15 PM

Aug 2007
Mmm. If we have a Minato x Junichi ending, I'll raise my score for this.

And if we have a School Day's ending... :D

But yeah, Minato and Yuuhi got over the whole problem they had kind of quickly. Oh well. One of the better episodes.

And then there was one. :3

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Dec 18, 2008 10:22 PM

Oct 2008
SinfulZero said:
the previews...was that even a preview T.T

I know! It'd be horrible if that was the last episode and then episode 12 is just a clip show with only flashbacks.

notepad said:
I was half expecting Yuuhi to take a knife to Minato's back after that small peaceful moment after Minato admitted she liked Junichi. A school days ending would've been fun :p

I at least expected a slap to make a challenge. Weak. I was so dumbfounded by the friendliness in that scene that I thought the next line would be, "now that that's settled, lets go take a bath".

I vote Junichi x Yuuhi since she put in the effort, but it'll probably be just incest. c'est la vie. Who knows, maybe it'll be Junichi x (Yuuhi + Minato).
Dec 18, 2008 10:41 PM

Feb 2008
disapointing. that was lame for lack of a better word. complete suckage, thats all i can say about this episode.

but i was expecting it so i skipped all the stupid part which was basically the last 2 minutes.
Dec 18, 2008 11:32 PM

Jul 2008
INCEST!!! Lol... I sense a predictable conclusion

Dec 19, 2008 2:43 AM

Jun 2008
I found this episode really...cheesy. Especially during the conversation between Minato and Yuuhi. It kinda seems like they were going to start kissing each other o ( -__-' ) o

I hope Minato ends up with Junichi. Who cares if it's incest. As long as it's love, it doesn't matter if you're related or not.
Dec 19, 2008 3:51 AM

Aug 2007
LOL, I think that the reason why a lot of us enjoy this anime is cause of the INCEST. hehehehe Minato FTW. I hope we get an ending where he chooses someone.

This sucks, no Mikoto, even though she's on the cover page....well the cover page of MAL
Dec 19, 2008 4:42 AM
May 2008
anyone else want a real harem ending?
Dec 19, 2008 5:36 AM

Aug 2008
waar said:

Like "since we get along well and we both love the same guy, why don't we keep living under the same roof, all three of us, and "make love with Junichi" 24/7? Hell, even invite the student council president and all of our other friends to make it more kinky!"

Yeah, that would be nice
Dec 19, 2008 6:26 AM

Aug 2007
Genix said:

Yeah, that was really meh. Definitely a game to anime adaptation and you get those things.

I hope Junichi ends up with no one... Yuuhi is stupid for giving him up and Minato is foolish for deceiving herself all this time. I bet it will end with a ridiculous harem ending though.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 19, 2008 12:46 PM

Jun 2008
I have to say that I really dug this episode, I just wish it would have gotten this good sooner. I hope they can rap everything up in the next episode.
Dec 19, 2008 12:51 PM

Feb 2008
Say it with me: "Three way harem ending!"
Dec 19, 2008 1:14 PM

Nov 2008
DragonsWhip said:
Genix said:

Yeah, that was really meh. Definitely a game to anime adaptation and you get those things.

I hope Junichi ends up with no one... Yuuhi is stupid for giving him up and Minato is foolish for deceiving herself all this time. I bet it will end with a ridiculous harem ending though.

Oh man that part made me think of nasty stuff too. That was terrible for a to be wife to think of orgy with the to be husband's sister, although being open minded, Yuuhi would love the breasts of Minato a lot.
kuroshiroi said:

Ok
"Three way harem ending!"
Dec 19, 2008 4:50 PM
Aug 2008
Go Minato!

For awhile there it was looking kinda bleak for her, but things have finally turned around. The fact that Minato's feelings were only a real focus later on in the series should have tipped me off.
Dec 19, 2008 7:12 PM

Mar 2008
i want the minato ending but there's probably no way that will happen.
Indeed i expected more interesting rivalry between the two but i guess not.

(pls pls junichi-minato ending.)

MAL list updates
Dec 19, 2008 8:43 PM
Aug 2008
If this ends in incest I will hate this damn anime.

It better end YuuhixJunichi if not than failure of an anime. *sigh*

I have a feeling it'll end with a stupid cliffhanger ending.
Dec 19, 2008 10:30 PM
Mar 2008
I
Kvakond said:
waar said:

Like "since we get along well and we both love the same guy, why don't we keep living under the same roof, all three of us, and "make love with Junichi" 24/7? Hell, even invite the student council president and all of our other friends to make it more kinky!"

Yeah, that would be nice

I can't say no more but agree with you ... LOL
Dec 20, 2008 1:49 AM

May 2007
So they forgot about Junichi and began living together. Would be epic. Yuri FTW!

...Yes, the show is cliché and the whole trouble got resolved in what? 5 minutes? But I still like this show. Kind of hard to explain why, but I like it. I'm interested in the next episode, since they can pull it wherever they want. Need translation for the game.
Dec 20, 2008 2:21 AM

Jan 2008
dragonshade said:
ftw! But Tsundere are still good :3
Dec 20, 2008 3:34 AM
Feb 2008
What I would like to see! happen for lulz (word for word):
leoneri said:
I
Kvakond said:
waar said:

Yeah, that would be nice

I can't say no more but agree with you ... LOL

What will happen:
kuroshiroi said:

Just a plain old...
THREEWAYHAREMENDING!

*sigh* Akasaka has now officially let me down. It was gunning for fave of the season at the start, but now cliché has invaded and all we have is a puddle of harem.

Ah well, at least the ending might be intresting... if they all died schooldays style.

SD Ending would be nice.
Dec 20, 2008 1:01 PM

Apr 2008
I would have said 'Nice Boat avoided, Harem Ending incoming' but after seeing what happened in that scene after the ED and in the end of the preview I'm not so sure anymore if this will have a happy end.

Dec 21, 2008 8:58 AM

Oct 2007
Three-way FTW. Anyways we finally have some character development and maybe even plot(GASP!). I do wonder if father is really dead because who else will explain that Minato is not really his sister(although that conversation is still wrong because so far the cast now thinks that Minato is his sister so they approve of incest). I just want this horrible show to end.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 21, 2008 11:33 AM

Oct 2008
Valkyria00 said:

Me too. I can't believe it will end with incest, and if it does then I'm very wrong about how I feel for the whole situation.

I thought the scene between Yuuhi and Minato was a good release of emotion. I don't see Minoto's love for Junichi as lustful incest, and I don't think Yuuhi sees it that way either.

I think it's very clear that Yuuhi has not given up on Junichi at all. She simply wants to find love in her own natural way, without interference. She says:

"Do not misunderstand. I simply said following your instructions regarding this engagement will be unnecessary. I have properly judged with my own eyes the man known as Nagase Junichi. ... from this point on, I would like to decide on my own terms, without the influences of being engaged or our respective families. I will be making love with Nagase Junichi."

She broke off the engagement because it was unnatural and unnecessary.

She's not leaving because she's given up. She's leaving because of the pain felt by Minoto, who she very much cares for as her first true friend in life.

Minoto is confused and needs to understand her own feelings. Admitting her love for her brother is the first step, and when she understands that there's no shame in doting on her beloved oniisan then she will find peace.

Minoto and Junichi have been totally dependant on each other over the many years of their parents absence. It's very natural that they've become so close, and as young adults full of hormones it's no surprise that some ambiguity exists about the nature of their relashionship. Minoto is a very homely girl, and one day will make a wonderful wife to a very lucky man.

Minoto is a very simple and loving girl. The one thing she needs above anything is security, and for years she has been playing house with her brother in a kind of marriage role-play. When Yuuhi comes along, she has to share her brothers affection and her comfortable life is threatened. That is why she so badly needed to be held that one time. She is jealous of Minoto simply because her brother's attention is divided, which is a very childish thing but not uncommon and not shameful.

Minoto simply needs to grow up. Yuuhi is far more mature, and can see this clearly. As she says:

"Perhaps I am an adult now"

I thought this excellent episode was very mature, and revealed a lot about the key players. It's been a very patchy series, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops. In particular, I need to understand Junichi better and I hope that will come soon.

Wow, long post. Sorry!
Dec 21, 2008 12:03 PM

Nov 2008
JJW009 said:
Valkyria00 said:

Me too. I can't believe it will end with incest, and if it does then I'm very wrong about how I feel for the whole situation.

I thought the scene between Yuuhi and Minato was a good release of emotion. I don't see Minoto's love for Junichi as lustful incest, and I don't think Yuuhi sees it that way either.

I think it's very clear that Yuuhi has not given up on Junichi at all. She simply wants to find love in her own natural way, without interference. She says:

"Do not misunderstand. I simply said following your instructions regarding this engagement will be unnecessary. I have properly judged with my own eyes the man known as Nagase Junichi. ... from this point on, I would like to decide on my own terms, without the influences of being engaged or our respective families. I will be making love with Nagase Junichi."

She broke off the engagement because it was unnatural and unnecessary.

She's not leaving because she's given up. She's leaving because of the pain felt by Minoto, who she very much cares for as her first true friend in life.

Minoto is confused and needs to understand her own feelings. Admitting her love for her brother is the first step, and when she understands that there's no shame in doting on her beloved oniisan then she will find peace.

Minoto and Junichi have been totally dependant on each other over the many years of their parents absence. It's very natural that they've become so close, and as young adults full of hormones it's no surprise that some ambiguity exists about the nature of their relashionship. Minoto is a very homely girl, and one day will make a wonderful wife to a very lucky man.

Minoto is a very simple and loving girl. The one thing she needs above anything is security, and for years she has been playing house with her brother in a kind of marriage role-play. When Yuuhi comes along, she has to share her brothers affection and her comfortable life is threatened. That is why she so badly needed to be held that one time. She is jealous of Minoto simply because her brother's attention is divided, which is a very childish thing but not uncommon and not shameful.

Minoto simply needs to grow up. Yuuhi is far more mature, and can see this clearly. As she says:

"Perhaps I am an adult now"

I thought this excellent episode was very mature, and revealed a lot about the key players. It's been a very patchy series, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops. In particular, I need to understand Junichi better and I hope that will come soon.

Wow, long post. Sorry!

I found your review to be most interesting in psychological analysis. I would also agreed Minato has problem of mental order due to her being with her brother in the house with not much parent supervision due to their jobs.

BTW do not worry about the posts mine's are longer than yours. :P
That's ok I write usually 10 times more each day.
Dec 21, 2008 1:51 PM

Aug 2008
JJW009 said:

Well said
Dec 21, 2008 2:15 PM

Oct 2008
Thank you both!

I'm pretty new here, so it's really good to know people have read my thoughts on this. I think a lot of people are expecting too little from this series, and perhaps misunderstand due to preconceptions.

I just really hope I'm not disappointed and proved wrong!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 18, 2008

243 by cacagorilla »»
Jul 30, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 5, 2008

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jul 17, 2023 12:07 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 13, 2008

66 by Punkero »»
May 25, 2022 7:10 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 1, 2008

181 by Abhinandan2002 »»
Dec 28, 2021 9:52 AM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 27, 2008

66 by Amatniki »»
Mar 27, 2021 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.