Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 6, 2012 3:51 PM

May 2009
Second season BD Box general thread. Release date is September 19.

Any added scenes, changes, or overall improvements in particular you would like to see?

I personally can't wait for it to be released so that I can finally re-watch the entire anime uncut. Maybe there will actually be a satisfying conclusion to Berserker, this time around. I want the second OST too, as there are plenty of tracks on there that I'm really looking forward to hearing. Also, I wonder what the Drama CD will be about... Any news?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2012 4:10 PM

Oct 2011
Guinevere and Enkidu.

It would also be pretty great if they added a Kajiura version of Emiya during the Kiri Kirei fight. Unlikely, but it would be a really nice treat to all the BD viewers.
Aug 6, 2012 4:12 PM

Apr 2012
Assassin girl subplot?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Aug 6, 2012 4:16 PM

Apr 2011
Could someone here do a quickie on what's missing from the normal F/Z? I haven't read the LN, so I don't really know what the possibilities for new and extended scenes are. I've watched the first BD box season 1, but didn't notice any new scenes compared to the original first season, maybe I'm just blind :D

Looking forward to OST as well though. F/Z got some great music. As well as the help! Einzbern stuff.
Aug 6, 2012 4:37 PM

May 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Assassin girl subplot?
Where is that from? Not in the original LN, right?

sagdashin said:
I've watched the first BD box season 1, but didn't notice any new scenes compared to the original first season, maybe I'm just blind :D
The first season did have quite a bit of added stuff, actually. Mostly, it was just some scenes made a bit longer. For example, Gil talking about the Root, Kirei reporting what Assassin had found out about the other masters, Kiritsugu talking to Illya when they are done playing, Saber and Irisviel at the airport, Lancer and Sola-Ui on the rooftop. There was more.
Aug 6, 2012 4:49 PM

Apr 2011

sagdashin said:
I've watched the first BD box season 1, but didn't notice any new scenes compared to the original first season, maybe I'm just blind :D
The first season did have quite a bit of added stuff, actually. Mostly, it was just some scenes made a bit longer. For example, Gil talking about the Root, Kirei reporting what Assassin had found out about the other masters, Kiritsugu talking to Illya when they are done playing, Saber and Irisviel at the airport, Lancer and Sola-Ui on the rooftop. There was more.

Oh, well, I think I gotta pay more attention on BD season 2, haha.
Aug 6, 2012 4:50 PM

Sep 2010
Enkidu flashback and more Round Table Knights. QUALITY fixed. Cut scenes in general fixed. Kirei's wife flashback ;_;

I didn't get my longer Rider flashback, but I'll let that slide.
Aug 6, 2012 5:20 PM

May 2009
I want something similar to the Sound Drama for Kariya's suffering before Berserker is stabbed. I don't think what the anime showed is enough.

That part was very sad for me to listen to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thMkY1B44NM#t=25s
Aug 6, 2012 8:21 PM

Sep 2010
Oh yeah all the Angra. I was pissed that they didn't add its awakening either.
Aug 6, 2012 11:28 PM

Apr 2007
Meruru said:
But before that, where is BD 2 cover picture by Takeuchi? They're late with this stuff.
Seriously, I'm tired of waiting :( It better be masters-only.

Though, I could just quote your whole post since I only really care about that stuff. If the drama focuses on Kiritsugu what could it even be about? He had enough focus in the series & first BD drama, give us some other characters maaaaaan.

I'm also curious how many more 'consultation room' specials there are, but we'll probably have to wait until it's released for info :/
Aug 7, 2012 2:25 AM

Sep 2010
It'll be Masters.

And Saber.
Aug 7, 2012 5:43 AM

May 2009
Thess said:
Oh yeah all the Angra. I was pissed that they didn't add its awakening either.
This. I don't know how they would animate it though. I also hope they make the talk between Zouken and Kirei longer as the corrupt grail foreshadowing is quite important, and it would be fun to see Kirei trying to lie his way out of the situation at first. :P
Aug 7, 2012 9:11 AM

Apr 2011
NNick said:
I want to know why Gil was naked.

It was Kotomine's true wish

Aug 7, 2012 9:16 AM

Oct 2010
I personally would appreciate anything anyone has time to address that they saw in the BDs of extra.

After all seeing is believing. Pics are more welcomed to add to the text for those who know how to do it.

I myself am not sure of my time to re-watch this. Certainly a plan to do thing.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 7, 2012 11:35 AM

May 2009
^I hope someone makes a BD comparison of the second season when it's released. This guy did a great job comparing the first season, if anyone is interested:

http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/1280
http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/1444
http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/1519
Aug 7, 2012 12:02 PM
Feb 2012
sagdashin said:
NNick said:
I want to know why Gil was naked.

It was Kotomine's true wish

So, Kotomine wanted to see Gil Naked and live with him for a bit longer without a heart?
Hmh, Such A twist! Damn.
Aug 7, 2012 12:30 PM

Oct 2010
stAtic91 said:
^I hope someone makes a BD comparison of the second season when it's released. This guy did a great job comparing the first season, if anyone is interested:

http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/1280
http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/1444
http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/1519
Pretty good place. They did do a good job. Just checked it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 7, 2012 2:50 PM

Apr 2007
Thess said:
It'll be Masters.

And Saber.
My biggest fear....
ufotable has been doing a good at not putting Saber on everything. Takeuchi is a different story.
Aug 7, 2012 4:42 PM
Dec 2007
Monochrome said:
Thess said:
It'll be Masters.

And Saber.
My biggest fear....
ufotable has been doing a good at not putting Saber on everything. Takeuchi is a different story.
I'm pretty sure he has a crush on his Saber design.

Aug 7, 2012 9:08 PM

Feb 2010
Thess said:
Enkidu flashback and more Round Table Knights. QUALITY fixed. Cut scenes in general fixed. Kirei's wife flashback ;_;

And in addition, the Angra Mainyu vs. Gil part.
Aug 8, 2012 12:38 AM

Apr 2012
sallym613 said:
Thess said:

And I want Gil's ultimate treasure uncensored.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Aug 8, 2012 6:20 AM

Apr 2011
BloodRequiem said:
sallym613 said:
Thess said:

Oh! Please make it a figure that I can paint too!!!!! Then my life would be complete and I can die happily.
Aug 8, 2012 2:12 PM

Sep 2010
BloodRequiem said:
sallym613 said:
Thess said:

They didn't show Rider's. This is unfair for the King of Conquerors.
Aug 9, 2012 9:01 AM

May 2009
Leon-Gun said:
Monochrome said:
Thess said:
It'll be Masters.

And Saber.
My biggest fear....
lol, yup.

Aug 9, 2012 9:03 AM

Apr 2012
stAtic91 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Monochrome said:
Thess said:
It'll be Masters.

And Saber.
My biggest fear....
lol, yup.

That's Takeuchi artwork for sure...because of Kiritsugu's long ass arm...
Aug 9, 2012 9:21 AM

May 2009
I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Takeuchi can't into arms. Shame about Saber being on there. Since the first season had a cover of the servants this should've had only masters, but whatever... I think it looks quite good.
stAtic91Aug 9, 2012 11:00 AM
Aug 9, 2012 12:03 PM

Sep 2010
BloodRequiem said:
stAtic91 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Monochrome said:
Thess said:
It'll be Masters.

And Saber.
My biggest fear....
lol, yup.

HAHAHAH CALLED IT.

Saber looks so out of place, imo. Even if I like her a lot. It should have been Irisviel at middle to work better. At least Waver looks prettier than she does, as should be.
Aug 9, 2012 12:23 PM
Dec 2007
Irisviel should have been there indeed. Saber did dick + 1, besides beating an unmoving Servant and getting mauled by a sadistic Golden one. xD

Aug 9, 2012 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
Thess said:
BloodRequiem said:
stAtic91 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Monochrome said:
Thess said:
It'll be Masters.

And Saber.
My biggest fear....
lol, yup.

HAHAHAH CALLED IT.

Saber looks so out of place, imo. Even if I like her a lot. It should have been Irisviel at middle to work better. At least Waver looks prettier than she does, as should be.

At first I thought that was some kind of Maiya/Ryougi hybrid...then I realized it's just Waver being moe.
Aug 9, 2012 3:53 PM

Aug 2010
stAtic91 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Monochrome said:
Thess said:
It'll be Masters.

And Saber.
My biggest fear....
lol, yup.

Will Takeuchi ever draw a picture without Saber? That guy really is obsessed with his waifu....

The cover for the first BD box was much better IMO.
Ragna92Aug 9, 2012 3:57 PM
Aug 9, 2012 4:12 PM

Jan 2012
I'm also a little disapointed that Saber is going to be on the cover. I can see if it was Iri, but Saber? Why?
Aug 9, 2012 5:10 PM

Apr 2007
stAtic91 said:
-_-

Well despite Saber being on the cover I actually like this a lot more than the first box (only Waver looks weird, and Saber a bit out of place). Too bad, I was looking forward to displaying both boxes side-by-side on a shelf, with servants on one & masters on the other, but now I need to go with something else.
Aug 9, 2012 7:35 PM

Oct 2011
I want to see Angra gives Kirei the artificial heart
Aug 11, 2012 2:56 AM

Nov 2011
Ragna92 said:
stAtic91 said:

Will Takeuchi ever draw a picture without Saber? That guy really is obsessed with his waifu....

The cover for the first BD box was much better IMO.

Since when did Iris have such a loooooooong neck. And Saber really shouldn't be on a promotional poster of F/Z w/o both Rider and Gilgamesh also in it.

As for additional content:
more Kiritsugu and Iris time. It was really lacking.
Berserker and Kariya needed more screen time and a look into Berserker's backstory.
Personally, I thought Lancer's defeat could have been more emotional. The dialogue was all there, but the visuals didn't do it justice.
Explain Gilgamesh's chains.
AzureBluesAug 11, 2012 3:02 AM
Aug 11, 2012 4:17 AM
Dec 2007
^Takeuchi's drawing style is...unique (to not call it bad).

Aug 27, 2012 3:50 PM

May 2009
Just about over three weeks left until release. I wish we could get some kind of news - what the Drama CD will be about, pictures of the Box, or the OST tracklist.
Aug 27, 2012 3:58 PM

Aug 2009
If it comes along with an announcement of ufotable's next Fate/ project then my life around anime would be almost complete.
Aug 27, 2012 4:18 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
If it comes along with an announcement of ufotable's next Fate/ project then my life around anime would be almost complete.

Enjoy Heaven's Feel by DEEN and Melty Blood by J.C. Staff.
Aug 27, 2012 4:27 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:

Aug 27, 2012 4:44 PM

Apr 2011

Don't say stuff like that. It's just evil, somethings should not be said at all.
Only ufotable deems worthy of an adaption!

LoL at the vader xD
Aug 28, 2012 12:23 PM

May 2009
Seems like they have released the 2nd OST tracklist now:

Source: http://vgmdb.net/album/32697
Aug 28, 2012 12:29 PM

Apr 2012
stAtic91 said:
Seems like they have released the 2nd OST tracklist now:

Source: http://vgmdb.net/album/32697

No everpresent feeling...fuck
Sep 2, 2012 2:52 AM

May 2009
You brought up most of the additions I want to see as well. I hope they add fire to the stage area, otherwise it'll contradict with the F/SN VN since Saber says she fought Gil in a "sea of fire", didn't she?

Liberal said:
Episode 21:
- Fixed Kariya's behavior after his choking of Aoi, but that would require redone animation so it ain't happening. =/
What do you mean by this? I haven't gotten this far in the LN yet, but the Sound Drama was the same as the anime, iirc.
Sep 2, 2012 4:17 AM
Dec 2007
stAtic91 said:
You brought up most of the additions I want to see as well. I hope they add fire to the stage area, otherwise it'll contradict with the F/SN VN since Saber says she fought Gil in a "sea of fire", didn't she?
That would contradict most indications that the fire happens because of the Grail going out of control instead putting all the blame entirely on Kirei wishing for fire. Since most of F/SN's clues, especially the ones that explain the Grail further and such, actually hint at the "it was Kiritsugu's fault" part, especially Kiritsugu's reaction at the fire (if it had been solely Kirei's fault Kiritsugu's wouldn't have been so desperate in trying to save Shirou to the point of using Avalon on him).

I blame it on Nasu not keeping his own facts straight during the Fate route.

And no, Saber can't stick around after she used her full powered Excaliblast because, again, Kiritsugu used all his command seals to power up Excalibur further. And two more shots to further discredit the Saber fighting in a sea of fire thing: Saber wouldn't have seeked a destructive power capable of such wanton tragedy if she had seen it first hand (come on, she's obsessed but not to the point of ignorance) and she clearly remembers destroying the Grail but not what happenned when it broke. SO yeah, Sea of Fire fight? Nasu being an idiot.

Sep 2, 2012 4:39 AM

May 2009
I was thinking more of the fire which started in the parking garage where Saber was fighting Berserker. That spread to the other parts of the building, including the stage. But then again, such a fire wouldn't exactly be described as a "sea of fire".

But you're right, she should've disappeared straight away after using Excalibur and wouldn't have seen the destruction caused by the Grail mud. Hmmhmm.
Sep 2, 2012 2:50 PM

Apr 2012
stAtic91 said:
I was thinking more of the fire which started in the parking garage where Saber was fighting Berserker. That spread to the other parts of the building, including the stage. But then again, such a fire wouldn't exactly be described as a "sea of fire".

But you're right, she should've disappeared straight away after using Excalibur and wouldn't have seen the destruction caused by the Grail mud. Hmmhmm.

It's probably the parking lot fire.

Or maybe...it was describing Gil's burning passion during his proposal...?
Sep 3, 2012 2:31 AM

Aug 2009
Liberal said:
stAtic91 said:

Liberal said:
Episode 21:
- Fixed Kariya's behavior after his choking of Aoi, but that would require redone animation so it ain't happening. =/
What do you mean by this? I haven't gotten this far in the LN yet, but the Sound Drama was the same as the anime, iirc.

In the anime Kariya simply screamed in agony and limped away. In the LN he gazed at his hands for a while before snapping, clawing at his face and tearing his own hair, and finally running away desperately. It was just more intense than the anime version's aftermath.

Well for the running away part I guess the he was running away at his own pace.Kariya can barely walk in both anime and LN.He is faster than usual even in the anime.
Sep 3, 2012 4:55 AM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
Liberal said:
stAtic91 said:

Liberal said:
Episode 21:

In the anime Kariya simply screamed in agony and limped away. In the LN he gazed at his hands for a while before snapping, clawing at his face and tearing his own hair, and finally running away desperately. It was just more intense than the anime version's aftermath.

Well for the running away part I guess the he was running away at his own pace.Kariya can barely walk in both anime and LN.He is faster than usual even in the anime.
I think they could have done a little better showing he "knocked her out" to the brink of death rather than choked her to death. Had we not been shown the last episode the implication would have been that Kariya killed her.

Sep 3, 2012 5:17 AM

Aug 2009
Leon-Gun said:
ssjokg said:
Liberal said:
stAtic91 said:

Liberal said:
Episode 21:

I think they could have done a little better showing he "knocked her out" to the brink of death rather than choked her to death. Had we not been shown the last episode the implication would have been that Kariya killed her.

That is true.But as I said when that ep was aired maybe they wanted a small twist in the end,never planning to kill her off.What I hated was that 1:It isnt obvious for all that Kariya really lost it and 2:The whole "rape" thing.Were LN readers the only ones that didnt see any rape in that ep?

What I want fixed more than that is:
Saber vs Berserker.The flashback isnt necessary for me but it would be good.
Gil and Grail scene.
Gil and Enkidu.
More focus on what Kerry did after the war.His plan for the next war and more details about his failures to save Ilya.
Kirei and Kiritsugu fight to sound more like the Sound dramas.

I just hope that both of the final fights in the tv broadcast were made like that to meet the deadlines and that the BD's will have totally different scenes. Like ,the "death" of Lancelot in Saber's arms.
Sep 4, 2012 8:09 PM

Nov 2011
Some cool illustration posters for early purchases regarding the pre-order of the second Fate/Zero BD set.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Apr 7, 2012

529 by CondeSebastian »»
May 23, 3:10 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

14 by Spoopy69 »»
May 17, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.