Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2008 6:08 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
rofl amamiya finally transferred to his class... been waiting for that one ahahha... its the start of the love triangle at last XD...
imbestigador15Aug 7, 2008 6:47 PM
Aug 7, 2008 9:04 PM

Mar 2008
That was a nice episode, I lol at Mika... Now all the characters are here ^^
Aug 7, 2008 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
Looking forward to next episode at Natsucomi ;)
Aug 8, 2008 1:42 AM

Jul 2008
school mizuki X3
natsucomike, cant wait to see harukas reaction if she see some doujins^^

Aug 8, 2008 2:46 AM

Jul 2008
So Amamiya transfers to school and a love triangle? Hmmmm, there is now way Nogizaka will lose to her! Amamiya did get popular pretty fast though and the fact Yuuto with Nogizaka is helping her might add to being off guard. If she betrays this is going to get messy. LOL at the accident with Mika and Yuuto at the pool. It was more meant for ecchiness but damn she is a brat! To stick to Yuuto like that after the accident, yarashi! LOL. That muscle cramp was bad but Yuuto was stupid not to tell her that to overdoing it in the beginning cause that is exactly what happens. I am surprised Nogizaka is world piano known? The sensei seriously reminds of Mitsuka sensei from DearS cause she acts being pervert even with no Alcohol. LOL at sudden appearance of everyone at the pool! Even BBQ? Amamiya better realize the seriousness of Yuuto and Nogizaka but Shiima might push Nogizaka to go further in the relation with Yuuto so Amamiya might make them progress further. #6 will be the big anime convention? Let's hope the MOE meters does not break.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 8, 2008 1:57 PM

Aug 2008
I couldn't find this with subs... so I watched it raw. Judging by the animation and my limited knowledge of the Japanese language, this episode was ok. The previous ones were better, though.

There was too much gratuitous fanservice in this episode, and I'm not really a fan of Amamiya. I don't like it when girls fall in love with a guy who has seen her naked (or almost naked); I just think it's stupid.

Oh well, that's ok. I still have high hopes for this anime. The Natsucomi should be interesting.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 9, 2008 6:03 AM

Jul 2008
Now I just saw the subbed version. I changed my opinion of Nogizaka to crazy! She won the competition in piano on a international level twice in a row???? That demands a lot! Her popularity might get crazier. Nogizaka seems to have more talents that are more grandiose than I even though of. Love triangle is definetely born from what Amamiya says at the end but NOGIZAKA WILL NOT LOSE TO HER!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 9, 2008 6:56 AM

Feb 2008
So Shiina has finally been properly introduced, and she's now on Yuuto's class. The love triangle has finally been created, though I wonder how it will play, since Haruka doesn't seem to be the jealous type (though she did showed some sort of reaction, when the remembered the rescue scene), so lets hope they make it interesting ^^
Aug 9, 2008 7:25 AM
Dec 2007
That's not really a love triangle if you look at the first episodes and the opening, just unrequited love from Shiina's part and true relationship between Yuuto and Haruka.

Well, this episode was a bit weaker than the first four, it was just free fan service all along and not a lot of interesting situations or character development (which tends to happen often when new characters are introduced in comedy shows, except for Seto no Hanayome or Lucky Star, but they are above average shows). I'm quite disapponited by the way the series is handled since episode 3, I hope it gets less redundant and more original in the next few episodes.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 9, 2008 8:07 AM

Nov 2007
I enjoyed Shiina's episode, and I look forward to see how this will play in the future.

Shiina is very likable, but can't beat Haruka, who is love.
Aug 9, 2008 9:22 AM

Jun 2008
I like this ep..
Its now going to have a love triangle o.o

Aug 9, 2008 2:11 PM

Jan 2008
Bland bland bland

And i don't see how is it even possible for a love triangle to be... no chance = no fun
Aug 9, 2008 2:20 PM

Jan 2008
The episode was not bad ,but the other episodes were better and I don´t like Shiina that much =/
Aug 9, 2008 2:37 PM

Mar 2008
Good in general

but the mass service in thsi episode kinda spoiled it...
Aug 9, 2008 9:00 PM

Aug 2008
otacu said:
Bland bland bland

And i don't see how is it even possible for a love triangle to be... no chance = no fun

Lol, well, imo, love triangles are so common in romantic animes nowadays, that I'm kind of glad we've got an anime where a love triangle won't happen... at least, that's what it looks like right now. Who knows? Maybe they'll form a love triangle somehow.

Aug 10, 2008 6:03 AM

Feb 2008
No parodies this time?
Very average episode. :c
Aug 10, 2008 9:54 AM

Oct 2007
no parodies, so i guess it was okay...
Aug 10, 2008 11:30 AM

Jun 2008
I think I saw a bit of Initial D or [generic racing anime] when they left off in the limo.

Shiina turned out to be not even near as awesome as I thought she would be, big deception for me there.

Aug 10, 2008 11:58 AM

Jul 2008
RandomOugi said:
I think I saw a bit of Initial D or [generic racing anime] when they left off in the limo.

Shiina turned out to be not even near as awesome as I thought she would be, big deception for me there.

Yeah I agreed they tried to do it again with the Initial D just like in "They Are My Noble Masters" episode 3. I liked and who knew Nanami being a racer girl. O_o
Aug 12, 2008 11:21 PM

Jun 2007
"If you were ever to drown, I would definitely save you."
...=__=; such a romanticist (pff...)

Aug 13, 2008 4:37 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Full of clichés but I still enjoyed it, it was done much better than in other anime I know. Funny episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 13, 2008 6:58 AM
Aug 2008
The new girl has two advantages over Haruka:
1) She is less shy.
2) She is slightly more in touch with common culture and psychology.

Haruka was extremely innocent when her brat sister said the boy should walk the girl home. Apparently she's either too high-minded or too repressed to consider that her man might two-time her.

I was thankful that they didn't resort to a Zero-no-Tsukaima style improbable coincidence to get the boy and new girl into a compromising position just in time to get caught.
Aug 13, 2008 8:29 AM
Jan 2008
This episode was great once again, but episode 3 is still the best one..
Shiina is a great character, and she likes(/loves?) Yuuto very much, so yeah, I can see some sort of love triangle going to happen here..
It will stay Yuuto x Haruka tho..
GJAug 13, 2008 8:47 AM
Aug 13, 2008 1:50 PM

Mar 2008
Rather boring episode.

Without any doubt very weak compared to the first 4.

Only one awesome scene and another entertaining one. The rest was totally generic and cheesy.

I was really disappointed this time, because it was so good so far.

3/5
Aug 13, 2008 2:27 PM

Jan 2007
overfunk said:
I enjoyed Shiina's episode, and I look forward to see how this will play in the future.

Shiina is very likable, but can't beat Haruka, who is love.

agreed.

And props to Yuuto for knowing what to say at the right time.
Aug 13, 2008 2:47 PM

Mar 2008
Forever said:

Without any doubt very weak compared to the first 4.

ah.. so true.. and I don't wanna triangles anymore - pleaaaaase!!!!
Aug 13, 2008 3:57 PM

Aug 2007
It was an okay episode. Was pretty cliche but it made me laugh.

I like Shiina more than Haruka.
Aug 13, 2008 4:02 PM

Feb 2008
Faust721 said:
And props to Yuuto for knowing what to say at the right time.
Yuuto's a player alright.
This episode was kind of bland, I felt like I was watching Umisho or something... Shiina is an interesting girl though, I especially liked the way she handled Yuuto seeing her half naked in the infirmary.
Aug 13, 2008 5:10 PM

Mar 2008
Meh, not the most exciting episode.
Aug 13, 2008 10:02 PM

Jun 2007
ahaha, Yuuto is a good player

so... everytime they showed shiina's thigh, i knew they were gonna cramp it. why? well, it just seemed too cliche.... and well.. they did it.. but... i don't really mind, every anime nowadays has cliche in it.
it seems like this time, yuuto got to see the back part of the panties he saw two times already.

gotta admit... shiina is rather cute. pros = not airheaded, really playful? xD
so... nogizaka is known worldly as the best piano player.... i wonder what this is going to cause.

Teacher's fanservice = wow
Maids and Mika in the pool = win
sister BBQing and getting drunk = interesting
yuuto and 7 girls in a pool... would you say he is lucky?
Mika's accident... i kind of like her character... playing with yuuto so much xD
Nogizaka's denseness is really out of this planet...
... Shiina must be really confident on yuuto to let him be there when she was just changing xD
but to let all those people in... i wonder if they knew xD

crazy driver maid = win, ueda kana's voice really suits her xD
so, nogizaka finally realized what yuuto being so worried meant... i wonder if she is still going to be so dense after that... but i gotta say, yuuto's player move there was a good one =P

next epi, finally summer comiket... maybe we will see konata and anime kaichou!!!

Aug 13, 2008 10:31 PM

Mar 2008
bwahahah yuuto doesnt look as dumb when he has his glasses off. :)

cute ep though.
Aug 13, 2008 10:42 PM

Jun 2007
I don't see this being a love triangle. Anytime Shiina's dropped hints that "this might become something more" Yuuto kind of shrugs it off or avoids the situation entirely. Where as anytime Haruka tries to convey her feelings, Yuuto picks it up right away and tries to convey the same type of feelings to her. So I think if it stays like this there wont be a love triangle. He's practically already confessed his love to Haruka in the first few eps by saying he will always be with her..etc.

Shiina will probably slowly figure this out once she starts to notice how close Yuuto and Haruka are and how they do basically everything with each other.

On a side note....does the school know Haruka is an otaku nut? She did confess it when they all thought it was Yuuto right? Everyone seems to not even care haha. so the point of this show kind of died.
Aug 14, 2008 12:24 AM

Jul 2008
DeathfireD said:
I don't see this being a love triangle. Anytime Shiina's dropped hints that "this might become something more" Yuuto kind of shrugs it off or avoids the situation entirely. Where as anytime Haruka tries to convey her feelings, Yuuto picks it up right away and tries to convey the same type of feelings to her. So I think if it stays like this there wont be a love triangle. He's practically already confessed his love to Haruka in the first few eps by saying he will always be with her..etc.

Shiina will probably slowly figure this out once she starts to notice how close Yuuto and Haruka are and how they do basically everything with each other.

On a side note....does the school know Haruka is an otaku nut? She did confess it when they all thought it was Yuuto right? Everyone seems to not even care haha. so the point of this show kind of died.

Or maybe it is a secret weapon Shiina might use to get a revenge??? This is something that might lurk in the shadows and blow up sometime. Would not that surprise you??
Aug 14, 2008 3:10 AM

May 2007
whole episode was predictable :'< I wished they wouldn't use these common used concepts and make a change.
Aug 14, 2008 5:25 AM

Jul 2008
ZoiQ said:
whole episode was predictable :'< I wished they wouldn't use these common used concepts and make a change.

Yeah the episode did seem pretty ordinary and familiar.

Shiina>Haruka though because Haruka just seems out of touch with life and society.
Aug 14, 2008 6:37 AM

Jun 2008
predictable injury is predictable

shows you can get away with a lot more genericness if the characters are atleast half interesting
Aug 14, 2008 8:03 AM
Jan 2008
I think there's gonna be a big twist in one of the next episodes..
Shiina will get jealous and will say something about Haruka, maybe the otaku stuff..

But yeah, everyone doesn't mind Haruka is an otaku because she's so amazing and cute and moe.. They only care about how she looks and how she plays the piano..

I don't know whats going to follow, but I think it'll be interesting :)..
Aug 14, 2008 4:37 PM

Jan 2008
cool..
Aug 14, 2008 6:57 PM

Jun 2007
angel999 said:
DeathfireD said:

Or maybe it is a secret weapon Shiina might use to get a revenge??? This is something that might lurk in the shadows and blow up sometime. Would not that surprise you??

I still cant see Yuuto falling in love with Shiina. But it would be pretty amazing if she did pull something from the shadows haha.

One thing that comes to mind is maybe shes an Otaku too since she always seems to be in the same conventions that Haruka and Yuuto go too. Or maybe shes a secret idol or voice actor for the anime show Haruka loves XD.
Aug 15, 2008 7:50 PM

May 2008
good episode.
Aug 16, 2008 12:44 AM

Feb 2008
Weakest episode so far... typical harem moe blah. Nothing special short of introducing the oddball and less likable pantyshot character.

Also, this anime seems to affirm the "Japanese are pathetic" belief.
OMG, she got a leg cramp! Is she all right!? To the infirmary, everyone!
...really?
Aug 16, 2008 11:02 AM

Feb 2008
DeathfireD said:

I got the impression that she was already picking up on it and that was why she wasn't being more aggressive about her feelings towards Yuuto.

DeathfireD said:

I think the writers have decided to pretend like it never happened.

btw, am i the only one that thinks there's way too much fanservice and not enough plot in this show?
Aug 17, 2008 2:50 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:

I agree with everything you said though i don't think she's an otaku i think she's some type of idol or mangaka or seiyu..In a perfect world Shiina would trample Haruka lol Shiina FTW naive and oblivious to everything going around them people annoy the crap out of me so for me it's Shiina hands down.

As far as the episode VERY predictable but it didn't take away from the enjoyment for me. Very laid back and nice. I also like the fact that Yuuto isn't your generic retarded male lead. He caught on to what haruka was feeling before i think she did and quickly said the perfect words to comfort her. He rocks so 5 points for him.
Aug 18, 2008 7:31 AM

May 2008
so_addictive said:
i don't think she's an otaku i think she's some type of idol or mangaka or seiyu

???

Do you even know what the terms mean? Haruka is an otaku because she loves anime and manga and stuff. An idol is like a model and a seiyuu is a voice actor o_o She might be an idol in the eyes of her school, sure, but she definitely isn't a voice actor.

But yes; this anime is too predictable and boring for my liking. It started getting interesting(uh, sort of) with episode 6, but it just isn't interesting enough to hold my focus. Shiina > Haruka definitely, but it won't happen. The OP tells us that much already and it means the love triangle isn't really going to be interesting. We know Yuuto will end up with Haruka; the show is named after her, for god's sakes.

I'm dropping it. Wasted three hours of my life.
Aug 18, 2008 12:00 PM

Aug 2008
mr_utopia_man said:
Weakest episode so far... typical harem moe blah. Nothing special short of introducing the oddball and less likable pantyshot character.

Also, this anime seems to affirm the "Japanese are pathetic" belief.
OMG, she got a leg cramp! Is she all right!? To the infirmary, everyone!
...really?

Wow, I thought I was the only one who feel that way about Shiina. There always has to be a girl like her in a harem anime.

Aug 18, 2008 6:07 PM

Mar 2008
Unless they're going to pull a shuffle my hopes of yuuto swaying towards shiina seem pretty weak right now. So yeah fingers crossed but more or less things are looking good for the series as a whole.
Aug 21, 2008 2:06 PM
Aug 2008
It was OK i guess. But a bit moeblob for my tastes. I bet it is going to be either a harem-end or bad-end. hehe.
Aug 22, 2008 10:39 AM

May 2008
Uh, it was the worst episode so far x(
2/5
Sep 10, 2008 10:38 AM

May 2007
Too much fanservice. Shiina is probably a seiyuu or something and it's just a one-sided love. I don't want a "Nice Boat" ending for this. Yuuto seems to know better than being just a playboy. Looking forward to Natsucomi. Weak episode is weak.
3/5

Damn, I don't want to be a lolicon.
Sep 13, 2008 5:08 AM

Apr 2008
No Parodies :/

Episode was ok

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SwordWielder - Sep 25, 2008

118 by toralbabs »»
Feb 4, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 19, 2008

64 by toralbabs »»
Jan 27, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

63 by toralbabs »»
Jan 25, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 5, 2008

84 by toralbabs »»
Jan 20, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Aug 28, 2008

55 by toralbabs »»
Jan 17, 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.