Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 19, 11:16 PM

Jan 2017
Now that 6 episodes already aired, how much content did hey adapt from the LN?
If they go like this, where will it end? (without spoilers please)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 11:23 PM
Apr 2021
Season 1 covers volume 1-2-3-4

Season 2 covers volume 5-6-7

Season 3 covers 8-9-10-11
Season 3 Episode 12 covers volume 12, but very badly

Season 4 covers 13-14-15-16

Based on Season 5 opening and pacing of the episodes, It is covering Volume 17-18 and 19

So There is three volumes left to adapt which might cover in next part or movie or maybe another seasons like Volume 20-21 and 22 ,

Conclusion

This season is not final Seasons
May 19, 11:24 PM
Aug 2022
From what I’ve heard no there is enough content left for a season 6
May 19, 11:28 PM
Aug 2022
I think season 5 will cover up to volume 20, which will leave last two volumes for a movie
May 19, 11:35 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to kliszek993
I think season 5 will cover up to volume 20, which will leave last two volumes for a movie
@kliszek993 I don't think we are gonna reach volume 20 at the end of the season , but we are still in Volume 18
May 19, 11:37 PM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
I hope so (char limit)
May 19, 11:52 PM
Apr 2020
Likely, a movie or ova will cover the last 2 volume, this will be the last season.
May 20, 12:37 AM

Nov 2019
They are still on Vol 18, which should be done by next episode (7)

Vol 19 is almost as long and deserves 4 episodes like this one. I'll still assume 3 episodes out of expecting the worst.

So remains Vol 20-22. And 1-2 episodes. So I don't know what they'll do. An anime original episode? Because no way they'll do vol 20 in two episodes (Unless special 48 min episodes, and we would have been informed by now).

And as someone said, OP contains nothing for Vol 20. DAL never has changed OP visuals for different arcs keeping the same song.

It will be dope if they adapt vol 11.5 and Shido's backstory to fill up an episode and end on Vol 19 by ep 12.

Conclusion: DAL won't be fully adapted by this season. However, it's doubtful if they'll make a separate season for the next three volumes. Probably a bunch of OVAs. Vol 20 and 21-22 adapted together will be kinda tonal whiplash, that's why I think so.
Laplace_kunMay 20, 12:56 AM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 20, 3:16 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to Laplace_kun

Vol 19 is almost as long and deserves 4 episodes like this one. I'll still assume 3 episodes out of expecting the worst.

So remains Vol 20-22. And 1-2 episodes. So I don't know what they'll do. An anime original episode? Because no way they'll do vol 20 in two episodes (Unless special 48 min episodes, and we would have been informed by now).

And as someone said, OP contains nothing for Vol 20. DAL never has changed OP visuals for different arcs keeping the same song.

It will be dope if they adapt vol 11.5 and Shido's backstory to fill up an episode and end on Vol 19 by ep 12.

Conclusion: DAL won't be fully adapted by this season. However, it's doubtful if they'll make a separate season for the next three volumes. Probably a bunch of OVAs. Vol 20 and 21-22 adapted together will be kinda tonal whiplash, that's why I think so.
@Laplace_kun
So far they have adapted one chapter for every episode of volume 18 (if you check the episodes have the same name of the volume chapters). There is still 3 chapters left, there's no way they will end it in episode 7. It's probably gonna be 4 episodes for volume 18 and then the remaining episode for volume 19.
May 20, 3:36 AM

Nov 2019
Alexcav999 said:
@Laplace_kun
So far they have adapted one chapter for every episode of volume 18 (if you check the episodes have the same name of the volume chapters). There is still 3 chapters left, there's no way they will end it in episode 7. It's probably gonna be 4 episodes for volume 18 and then the remaining episode for volume 19.

the kinda mixed and matched too, condensing Fragments chapters, moving "Three Magus" compartmentally only into last one.

Agreeable that it's difficult to see how they fit Shido vs Westcott, rest of the you know what, Tohka's reveal and Shido doing you know what in episode 7 even cutting out OP and ED. But it's very possible.

Funny thing is there's a past thread here of someone being very convinced that this season will adapt upto volume 20.
Laplace_kunMay 20, 3:45 AM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 20, 8:25 AM

Apr 2015
Hope we get some OVA's or movies to finish things up. Still hard to believe we're near the end of this series though.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 20, 9:41 AM
Oct 2023
season 5 ends at volume 19, the leaks have proven it. I don't think there will be a season 6, because volume 20 and 21/22 really don't go together and there is a year and a half that separates the two.

I think that for a question of cost, logic and marketing, it would be two films: one film for volume 20 and another for volume 21/22 with ova.

Most anime end with movies...
May 20, 10:57 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to Laplace_kun

@Laplace_kun

Nope. Looking at the pacing of the episodes, v18 won't be finished till episode 8, leaving 9-12 for vol. 19.

DAL never has changed OP visuals for different arcs keeping the same song

Season 3 did. In episode 2, there was a Natsumi hat on the bench, whereas in episode 4, it was Natsumi herself. In episode 6, Origami is in her DEM suit, whereas in episode 9, she's in her Inverse form, and in ep12, her spirit form.
Dinosaurtime_YTMay 20, 11:11 AM
May 20, 10:58 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to benjic665
season 5 ends at volume 19, the leaks have proven it. I don't think there will be a season 6, because volume 20 and 21/22 really don't go together and there is a year and a half that separates the two.

I think that for a question of cost, logic and marketing, it would be two films: one film for volume 20 and another for volume 21/22 with ova.

Most anime end with movies...
@benjic665 A year only, not sure where you're getting the extra half from.
May 20, 11:39 AM

Nov 2019
Dinosaurtime_YT said:
@Laplace_kun

Nope. Looking at the pacing of the episodes, v18 won't be finished till episode 8, leaving 9-12 for vol. 19.

Season 3 did. In episode 2, there was a Natsumi hat on the bench, whereas in episode 4, it was Natsumi herself. In episode 6, Origami is in her DEM suit, whereas in episode 9, she's in her Inverse form, and in ep12, her spirit form.

sorry, I meant total visual change according to arc, to make it clear.

yes 5 episodes should be the goal. I am lowkey anti-jinxing at this point. Also W to the studio.
May 20, 12:20 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to ColCasey
I hope so (char limit)
@ColCasey polled number one anime this season.
May 20, 3:33 PM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
haha dude, stop. Show me this poll so I can laugh
May 20, 4:23 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to ColCasey
haha dude, stop. Show me this poll so I can laugh
@ColCasey https://twitter.com/AniTrendz/status/1792185941026603171?t=6PN1iCqpyY0uCYdFq_WwdQ&s=19

Laughing at your non existent media literacy skills
May 20, 4:52 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to Laplace_kun
Dinosaurtime_YT said:
@Laplace_kun

sorry, I meant total visual change according to arc, to make it clear.

yes 5 episodes should be the goal. I am lowkey anti-jinxing at this point. Also W to the studio.
@Laplace_kun

4 would be the goal yes. I feel 5 episodes to a volume is too much, and would lead to a very stretched out plot.
May 20, 9:07 PM

Jul 2016
The day Date A Live ends will be a day of celebration for me.
May 20, 10:00 PM

Nov 2019
Dinosaurtime_YT said:
@Laplace_kun

4 would be the goal yes. I feel 5 episodes to a volume is too much, and would lead to a very stretched out plot.

I am talking about Vol 18. Obviously most of the volumes can be done in 4 episodes. I personally remember taking the longest time reading this particular volume.
May 20, 10:01 PM

Nov 2019
Zedlin said:

And the day Houseki no Kuni gets a second season will be a day of celebration for me. We are not the same.
May 20, 10:04 PM

Jul 2016
Laplace_kun said:
Zedlin said:

And the day Houseki no Kuni gets a second season will be a day of celebration for me. We are not the same.

I'd be stoked for a s2 of Houseki no Kuni too, we are more similar than you first believed.
May 20, 10:06 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to Zedlin
Laplace_kun said:
Zedlin said:

I'd be stoked for a s2 of Houseki no Kuni too, we are more similar than you first believed.
@Zedlin I wished that is the truth, but I can't resonate with people hilariously obsessed with other series to cheer at it ending.
May 20, 10:07 PM

Jul 2016
Laplace_kun said:
@Zedlin I wished that is the truth, but I can't resonate with people hilariously obsessed with other series to cheer at it ending.

That's fair. I wouldn't really call it obsessed though, just seems it'll never end lol.
May 20, 11:18 PM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020

hahaha oh wow, this must mean its the best show ever! Please dude, we all know dal fans spammed this and it has zero meaning whatsoever but you keep making new accounts and rating it a 10, I hope that will change something
May 20, 11:52 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to ColCasey

hahaha oh wow, this must mean its the best show ever! Please dude, we all know dal fans spammed this and it has zero meaning whatsoever but you keep making new accounts and rating it a 10, I hope that will change something
@ColCasey Just like people making new accounts and rating it a 1, for someone who uses a very smart character as pfp, you are not using your brain enough.
May 21, 12:03 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
NickReyes said:
@ColCasey Just like people making new accounts and rating it a 1, for someone who uses a very smart character as pfp, you are not using your brain enough.

Sure. 30k people are watching this on mal so I'm pretty sure a big portion of the voters are rabid dal-fans wanting to get the show high on the list, otherwise I doubt it would go into the top 10 considering the other shows airing and the popularity of those. If people can't tell this poll is invalid idk what to think
May 21, 12:10 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to ColCasey
NickReyes said:

Sure. 30k people are watching this on mal so I'm pretty sure a big portion of the voters are rabid dal-fans wanting to get the show high on the list, otherwise I doubt it would go into the top 10 considering the other shows airing and the popularity of those. If people can't tell this poll is invalid idk what to think
@ColCasey Sure, but then again, Dal IV never reached number one on the poll until the last few episodes, and you can't really make a new account to vote again since one device could only vote once. So I do think it reaches number one three times now because people really like this new season.
May 21, 12:19 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
NickReyes said:
@ColCasey Sure, but then again, Dal IV never reached number one on the poll until the last few episodes, and you can't really make a new account to vote again since one device could only vote once. So I do think it reaches number one three times now because people really like this new season.

Sure this season might be liked more but I think it's more due to people who watch other shows aren't voting as much cause they don't care. I didn't even know this poll existed and you know who was top ranked every week when the last dal season aired. I feel like that should tell you something about what audiences are mostly voting for these polls
May 21, 12:47 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to ColCasey
NickReyes said:

Sure this season might be liked more but I think it's more due to people who watch other shows aren't voting as much cause they don't care. I didn't even know this poll existed and you know who was top ranked every week when the last dal season aired. I feel like that should tell you something about what audiences are mostly voting for these polls
@ColCasey I think dal being aired longer than all of the anime this season helps it the most. For example, if the people who watch mushoku tensei or konosuba also watch dal, then dal would obviously get higher when they vote for the anime of the week.Then again, I'm not even talking about the dal fanbase yet, given how dedicated they are to the series. I mean, the fourth season itself got number 1 for the BD sales.Dal has a lot of fans, but they don't really talk about it. Afterall,it's a harem anime.Especially, the Spanish fanbase.
May 21, 1:41 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to ColCasey
NickReyes said:

@ColCasey

wake up ... animecorner and anitrend have been known for 10 years. even me, who didn't watch anime before, knew about these sites on social networks. You can't vote more than once, because the mac address of your pc is taken into account... You can always vote with a different browser or a different google account, but it's not counted.

Dal V is first on all these sites including those that are Spanish, this is exceptional, we haven't seen this since season 2 in 2014. However, Dal's community doesn't have the capacity to compete with konosuba's, for example. The problem is this: those who watch konosuba, they also watch dal v out of curiosity, the consequence is that in these rankings they vote for both, because dal s5 is of good quality. I see a lot of people doing this. I myself watch konosuba...... and I think a lot of dal fans do too.

dal Iv has never made such scores except at the end of the season 4 thanks to the kurumi arc. This sets the trend for anime quality... In this spring 2024, the competitors are in trouble, and the only serious anime in excellent health is konosuba. In fact, konosuba scores almost as well as dal V in these rankings, because the season is also good for this anime. The rest, like MHA or demon slayer etc., is boring with major flaws...

This is also reflected in sales: konosuba has no trouble selling its blu-rays, just like dal V. That's how you judge a good anime: having a loyal community that buys the blu-rays along with the merchandising.

in spring 2022, the example is perfect: dal iv is the best-selling anime, well ahead of kaguya sama or chainsaw man (summer 2022), which are far more popular... It's great to be popular, but it's even better to have a loyal community of fans! The consequence has been the following: major difficulties in renewing a season of chainsaw man and kaguya sama, whereas dal has never had this problem in 2022, even though its popularity is much lower.

It's all about business, and spring 2024 will prove it once again.
May 21, 2:19 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
benjic665 said:
@ColCasey

wake up ... animecorner and anitrend have been known for 10 years. even me, who didn't watch anime before, knew about these sites on social networks. You can't vote more than once, because the mac address of your pc is taken into account... You can always vote with a different browser or a different google account, but it's not counted.

Dal V is first on all these sites including those that are Spanish, this is exceptional, we haven't seen this since season 2 in 2014. However, Dal's community doesn't have the capacity to compete with konosuba's, for example. The problem is this: those who watch konosuba, they also watch dal v out of curiosity, the consequence is that in these rankings they vote for both, because dal s5 is of good quality. I see a lot of people doing this. I myself watch konosuba...... and I think a lot of dal fans do too.

dal Iv has never made such scores except at the end of the season 4 thanks to the kurumi arc. This sets the trend for anime quality... In this spring 2024, the competitors are in trouble, and the only serious anime in excellent health is konosuba. In fact, konosuba scores almost as well as dal V in these rankings, because the season is also good for this anime. The rest, like MHA or demon slayer etc., is boring with major flaws...

This is also reflected in sales: konosuba has no trouble selling its blu-rays, just like dal V. That's how you judge a good anime: having a loyal community that buys the blu-rays along with the merchandising.

in spring 2022, the example is perfect: dal iv is the best-selling anime, well ahead of kaguya sama or chainsaw man (summer 2022), which are far more popular... It's great to be popular, but it's even better to have a loyal community of fans! The consequence has been the following: major difficulties in renewing a season of chainsaw man and kaguya sama, whereas dal has never had this problem in 2022, even though its popularity is much lower.

Yeah I can tell your are one of them. I know it has a loyal fanbase that think it's the second coming of Christ so good for you guys that it sells well. The fact is though that it's nothing special, first season was interesting, last eps of s4 was pretty good and the story is ok in this season. Other than that it really is another trash harem with a dimwit mc and a lot of bad CG animation. I'm watching it since these kinds of shows are my guilty pleasure but I'm not dellusional enough to say it's a great or even good show, maybe good in the harem genre. Just a 6-7/10 and thats fine!
May 21, 3:18 AM

Nov 2019
@ColCasey

Correction: the fact is though it's so special that I am gonna make a reply that adds nothing to the thread except for expressing my heartfelt trepidation of a new season.
May 21, 3:37 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to ColCasey
benjic665 said:
@ColCasey

Yeah I can tell your are one of them. I know it has a loyal fanbase that think it's the second coming of Christ so good for you guys that it sells well. The fact is though that it's nothing special, first season was interesting, last eps of s4 was pretty good and the story is ok in this season. Other than that it really is another trash harem with a dimwit mc and a lot of bad CG animation. I'm watching it since these kinds of shows are my guilty pleasure but I'm not dellusional enough to say it's a great or even good show, maybe good in the harem genre. Just a 6-7/10 and thats fine!
@ColCasey people are argued with you on the storytelling, franchise, how cf is expensive. etc. I decided to report you to the mods to get your posts removed. 10 bucks this troll is a butthurt isekai fan. We have seen this guy before. Almost entire social media agree this is the best anime this season.
SpiderMiles3523May 21, 4:33 AM
May 21, 5:20 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to ColCasey
benjic665 said:
@ColCasey

@ColCasey

It really sells well, it's not me who says that but the Oricon statistics which are the official data for Japanese anime.

The first 3 seasons were classic ecchi comedy for the animated version, with some periods of drama, they were not very faithful to the LN on several important points, we are seeing the consequences currently, with many questions from spectators, but there were already some interesting foreshadowings. I looked at it as something fun but mundane, the serious stuff really started at the end of season 4, then this season, just like the rest will be. Which corresponds to volumes 16 to 22, if date a live is very appreciated it is because of these volumes, which makes it a top 5 of the LN for the history, the morality and the themes covered for these volumes. We are very far from the stupid ecchi harem in high school dxd. Kabbalah and the cultural and religious references are very numerous, as are the morals that result from it. We have references like the painting of the French revolution of 1830, the Picasso painting... But you have to know how to spot them. Then the themes of mourning, suicide, drugs, child abuse, depression, despair, the disease of alexithymia are addressed... We are on another level, nothing comparable to season 1. From from the next episode, you will see the evolution of the MC until the end, but it suffers from the poor adaptation of the ln of seasons 1 and 3, that's why you think it stupid.

Example: Engage kiss had excellent animation from the A1 picture studio, the fights were beautiful, yet the story was nice but classic, the characters were classic, and this harem trend was unjustified -------> 6/10 not season 2 announced. the exact opposite of date a live

No one watches Date A Live for its animation and combat, but simply for the story, morals, design, and character development. The most popular example being Kurumi who has marked all the memories, even of haters. A character who makes such an impression on the spectators is another sign of quality.

There's really no guilty pleasure in watching date a live s5, it's excellent, there are a few small animation budget issues in episode 3 and 6 but the rest is ok. (while at the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2, the exaggerated fanservice was really unjustified, I didn't like it)
May 21, 5:25 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to ColCasey
benjic665 said:
@ColCasey

@ColCasey I recommend you invest your life savings into shitcoin. Since you clearly cannot distinguish between a proven show and a bunch of seasonals that will die after one cours
May 21, 5:44 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@ColCasey people are argued with you on the storytelling, franchise, how cf is expensive. etc. I decided to report you to the mods to get your posts removed. 10 bucks this troll is a butthurt isekai fan. We have seen this guy before. Almost entire social media agree this is the best anime this season.

Cry me a river, stop getting so worked up over some comments I made of your favorite show. Imagine reporting someone for having different opinions than you, sounds a bit like a snowflake to me but you do you
May 21, 6:30 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to ColCasey
SpiderMiles3523 said:

Cry me a river, stop getting so worked up over some comments I made of your favorite show. Imagine reporting someone for having different opinions than you, sounds a bit like a snowflake to me but you do you
@ColCasey 10 bucks this guy is a slime fan who called people shonet@rd despite 6 weeks of meetings. You are getting reported because it became impossible to reason with you despite multiple fans doing so, and you are just being toxic af on these threads as well.

Go put your life savings into ur shitcoin seasonals. Clearly someone cannot distinguish between excellent story buildup, excellent character design, excellent direction. Polls are a universal indicator and anyone arguing nearly the opposite is clearly a troll.
May 21, 6:40 AM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@ColCasey 10 bucks this guy is a slime fan who called people shonet@rd despite 6 weeks of meetings. You are getting reported because it became impossible to reason with you despite multiple fans doing so, and you are just being toxic af on these threads as well.

Go put your life savings into ur shitcoin seasonals. Clearly someone cannot distinguish between excellent story buildup, excellent character design, excellent direction. Polls are a universal indicator and anyone arguing nearly the opposite is clearly a troll.

Clearly you are trolling my guy. New account and you trashtalking every other anime says it all. Strange you haven't been banned yet. Although you probably have multiple accounts to rage bait, troll and give a 1 rating to shows on
May 21, 6:58 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to ColCasey
SpiderMiles3523 said:

Clearly you are trolling my guy. New account and you trashtalking every other anime says it all. Strange you haven't been banned yet. Although you probably have multiple accounts to rage bait, troll and give a 1 rating to shows on
@ColCasey don't you have an average score of 6.8. I have an average score of 8.8. I have no score of 1. Now you are accusing ur critics of having alts, just so you can get them banned. Yeah, I'm reporting you the mods to get your comments removed. You clearly have no idea what the hell is going on this show and trying to spite it and slander the fans.
SpiderMiles3523May 21, 7:02 AM
May 21, 3:12 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Tropisch
Hope we get some OVA's or movies to finish things up. Still hard to believe we're near the end of this series though.
@Tropisch don't recall a light novel series in recent memory adapt near to the end. Overlord got cut short. Usually they can't even get halfway in. Kadokawa needs to finish this job. Already polled number one this season. The rights will eventually revert to them and is easy to make a final movie or season.
May 21, 3:15 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to ColCasey
benjic665 said:
@ColCasey

@ColCasey code geass had more nipples shown than the directors cut of dal. Oshi no ko is straight up kana and akane fighting over aqua. Dal had more lore and plot build up. Cgi is expensive and most studios will straight up cut the action.

Code geass and steins gate suck btw. Otherwise they would be the highest selling anime of their decade
SpiderMiles3523May 21, 3:24 PM
May 21, 3:19 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to benjic665
@ColCasey

It really sells well, it's not me who says that but the Oricon statistics which are the official data for Japanese anime.

The first 3 seasons were classic ecchi comedy for the animated version, with some periods of drama, they were not very faithful to the LN on several important points, we are seeing the consequences currently, with many questions from spectators, but there were already some interesting foreshadowings. I looked at it as something fun but mundane, the serious stuff really started at the end of season 4, then this season, just like the rest will be. Which corresponds to volumes 16 to 22, if date a live is very appreciated it is because of these volumes, which makes it a top 5 of the LN for the history, the morality and the themes covered for these volumes. We are very far from the stupid ecchi harem in high school dxd. Kabbalah and the cultural and religious references are very numerous, as are the morals that result from it. We have references like the painting of the French revolution of 1830, the Picasso painting... But you have to know how to spot them. Then the themes of mourning, suicide, drugs, child abuse, depression, despair, the disease of alexithymia are addressed... We are on another level, nothing comparable to season 1. From from the next episode, you will see the evolution of the MC until the end, but it suffers from the poor adaptation of the ln of seasons 1 and 3, that's why you think it stupid.

Example: Engage kiss had excellent animation from the A1 picture studio, the fights were beautiful, yet the story was nice but classic, the characters were classic, and this harem trend was unjustified -------> 6/10 not season 2 announced. the exact opposite of date a live

No one watches Date A Live for its animation and combat, but simply for the story, morals, design, and character development. The most popular example being Kurumi who has marked all the memories, even of haters. A character who makes such an impression on the spectators is another sign of quality.

There's really no guilty pleasure in watching date a live s5, it's excellent, there are a few small animation budget issues in episode 3 and 6 but the rest is ok. (while at the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2, the exaggerated fanservice was really unjustified, I didn't like it)
@benjic665 colcasey is just here to troll the fanbase. He has been doing this before. Get the mods to pulls his comments. He is just trying to spite the fanbase. Don't waste your time writing an essay to him. The moron accused me of running alts and review bombing shows.
May 22, 8:00 AM

Aug 2011
This series should adapt through Volume 20, and then I'm guessing the last two will be a special or a movie. This should be the final TV series, but not the thing that ends this show altogether as I can expect an announcement about what will come of the Tohka Good End arc at the end of this season.
May 22, 8:24 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to GridironOtaku
This series should adapt through Volume 20, and then I'm guessing the last two will be a special or a movie. This should be the final TV series, but not the thing that ends this show altogether as I can expect an announcement about what will come of the Tohka Good End arc at the end of this season.
@GridironOtaku

volume 20 will not be adapted in season 5
May 22, 9:29 AM
Nov 2019
I am happy it got this far so many anime’s don’t even get a second season….
May 24, 7:28 AM

Feb 2010
I know a couple of things from stuff I read from the wiki and I am honestly not one to usually comment, vote, or stuff... But I am honestly baffled at DaL V's popularity. I REALLY like the anime (wouldn't have watched it up to season 5, otherwise) but... Season 5 feels like such a dud to me? And I'm not talking about the animation, I gave up on an actually good looking anime through and through when they started to incorporate awful CGI heavily- it's the reveals and the ways thing go that are leaving me baffled. And then I read people praise it and say it's so faithful to novels...

And despite it all, I see everyone loving this. When I feel like the build up from S1 to S4, especially S4, was better than the payoff itself. All the reveals feel bland, the execution of truths and causes is terrible... And it's a 8.03, best anime for three weeks...
Then there's Spice and Wolf ranking so much lower...? When it's writing is leagues above?

As I said, I REALLY like DaL. I was super hyper and happy to see we'd get the whole LNs translated 'cos I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of Sora no Otoshimono, one of my favorite manga of all times; super goofy and silly, overly ecchi and pervy but knowing when to drop it all and get serious- and boy did it get serious when needed.
Of course, there's also been a crescendo, with less goofy, more broody. Makes sense, you're going to the climax and things are tense and dangerous, of course it'd not be as silly. But... I really think S4 was much better (even if an arc overstayed its welcome, the whole dark Thoka plot was bad IMO, and the CGI looked as terrible if not worse than S5's). Like, leagues better. The reveal about Mio/Phantom/Spirit of Origin was very well done over the course of all four seasons and the stakes, the possible causes to all that would get revealed felt so good... until they got revealed in S5 and it felt so flat...

I don't know, I feel so weird right now 'cos I see no one else finding faults and flaws with the season; and I am not saying the anime itself, 'cos that would be too easy, you just need to point out the cheap, awful CGI... it's the writing that I find a let down. And no one else does.
So I wonder if I've become terribly picky, or people are watching a different anime than I am...
Working on~
May 24, 8:58 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Rinnokuto
I know a couple of things from stuff I read from the wiki and I am honestly not one to usually comment, vote, or stuff... But I am honestly baffled at DaL V's popularity. I REALLY like the anime (wouldn't have watched it up to season 5, otherwise) but... Season 5 feels like such a dud to me? And I'm not talking about the animation, I gave up on an actually good looking anime through and through when they started to incorporate awful CGI heavily- it's the reveals and the ways thing go that are leaving me baffled. And then I read people praise it and say it's so faithful to novels...

And despite it all, I see everyone loving this. When I feel like the build up from S1 to S4, especially S4, was better than the payoff itself. All the reveals feel bland, the execution of truths and causes is terrible... And it's a 8.03, best anime for three weeks...
Then there's Spice and Wolf ranking so much lower...? When it's writing is leagues above?

As I said, I REALLY like DaL. I was super hyper and happy to see we'd get the whole LNs translated 'cos I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of Sora no Otoshimono, one of my favorite manga of all times; super goofy and silly, overly ecchi and pervy but knowing when to drop it all and get serious- and boy did it get serious when needed.
Of course, there's also been a crescendo, with less goofy, more broody. Makes sense, you're going to the climax and things are tense and dangerous, of course it'd not be as silly. But... I really think S4 was much better (even if an arc overstayed its welcome, the whole dark Thoka plot was bad IMO, and the CGI looked as terrible if not worse than S5's). Like, leagues better. The reveal about Mio/Phantom/Spirit of Origin was very well done over the course of all four seasons and the stakes, the possible causes to all that would get revealed felt so good... until they got revealed in S5 and it felt so flat...

I don't know, I feel so weird right now 'cos I see no one else finding faults and flaws with the season; and I am not saying the anime itself, 'cos that would be too easy, you just need to point out the cheap, awful CGI... it's the writing that I find a let down. And no one else does.
So I wonder if I've become terribly picky, or people are watching a different anime than I am...
@Rinnokuto

the fact that there are mages in dal is mentioned from season 2 (especially in the books), in the animated the studio of the time unfortunately overlooked many important details.

Shido vs Westcott's fight is much better in the LN, they skipped all of Shido's suffering and his difficulty in beating Isaac. Then the Kamehameha reference is logical, since we see it in season 1 and the beginning of season 4 in his drawings when he was younger, it is better brought out in ln.

And there is also a moral sense behind it all, wait until the end of the season to at least try to understand and what the whole main story of dal is based on...

The problem is that seasons 1 to 3 skipped many important elements, and this season, some viewers don't understand why we end up with mages or a mio so strong.

the writing is excellent.

The last 3 volumes of dal are also incredible in terms of the psychology of the characters and the themes covered. (this will not be animated in season 5)

This season V is good, the cgi is better than in season 4. If you find writing problems it is clearly the first 3 seasons which are the faults.. shido's entire childhood was skipped, the volume 12 completely destroyed by jc staff etc. Here most people get information from ln readers or themselves by reading quickly, to try to look for prefigurations and better understand the story.
benjic665May 24, 9:06 AM
May 24, 9:29 AM

Feb 2010
Reply to benjic665
@Rinnokuto

the fact that there are mages in dal is mentioned from season 2 (especially in the books), in the animated the studio of the time unfortunately overlooked many important details.

Shido vs Westcott's fight is much better in the LN, they skipped all of Shido's suffering and his difficulty in beating Isaac. Then the Kamehameha reference is logical, since we see it in season 1 and the beginning of season 4 in his drawings when he was younger, it is better brought out in ln.

And there is also a moral sense behind it all, wait until the end of the season to at least try to understand and what the whole main story of dal is based on...

The problem is that seasons 1 to 3 skipped many important elements, and this season, some viewers don't understand why we end up with mages or a mio so strong.

the writing is excellent.

The last 3 volumes of dal are also incredible in terms of the psychology of the characters and the themes covered. (this will not be animated in season 5)

This season V is good, the cgi is better than in season 4. If you find writing problems it is clearly the first 3 seasons which are the faults.. shido's entire childhood was skipped, the volume 12 completely destroyed by jc staff etc. Here most people get information from ln readers or themselves by reading quickly, to try to look for prefigurations and better understand the story.
@benjic665 That is definitely unfortunate.
If previous seasons lacked in reveals and foreshadowing... Well, yeah, then the fault lies on those.

I will definitely wait 'till the end (not like I'm dropping it now that I'm close to the end lol) and see how everything wraps up; especially if things in LN that felt like ass pulls in S5 anime are better explained.

Thank you for the insightful comment!
Working on~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19

47 by Tropisch »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 17

58 by murasakikichi »»
4 hours ago

» Amazing foreshadowing

NickReyes - May 1

27 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Today, 6:10 AM

» How powerful?

RealityChanges - Yesterday

4 by RenFujiZarathus »»
Today, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29

64 by Twintail_Daemon »»
Yesterday, 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.