Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 13, 2:58 PM
Jan 2022
It's back, a legendary, shonen anime from all aspects to a shoujo anime, no, not any shoujo classification. The work has turned into a shoujo anime, close to be a yaoi anime what the hell is going on in the world
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 3:09 PM

Apr 2019
yah, I also noticed these strange effects, but I suspect that maybe they only did it at the beginning, because now everything seems "happy" and normal, but when the darker scenes come, maybe they will give up on it.
as for yaoi, this series has always had some slight subtext but nothing else. in a school full of boys it might seem more visible XD I think people have always exaggerated it, to the detriment of the series.

Apr 13, 7:11 PM

Feb 2008

I litterally dont know what youre talking about ??
Apr 13, 8:26 PM

Feb 2021
The woke sjws at Cringyroll are out to ruin one more anime...
Apr 13, 11:48 PM
Apr 2018
MadanielFL said:

lol. Imagine thinking Crunchyroll handles the production of the project
Apr 14, 6:49 AM

Feb 2021
TG-Golem said:
lol. Imagine thinking Crunchyroll handles the production of the project
I suggest you research what the "PRODUCTION committee method" is, because there is more to making anime than just the animation studio.
Apr 14, 7:52 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to MadanielFL
@MadanielFL Did you read the manga?

Seriously, I'm adamantly anti-SJW too, but from the manga and Season 1, there has always been SebaCiel shotacon subtext (the most egregious so far being them holding each other in the ED), and the animation itself looks really good at displaying what's needed. I see no sign of interference or changes.

If you define "Woke" as weirdly shota and/or certain animation effects maybe, then you have a rude awakening.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Apr 14, 7:58 AM

Feb 2021
MoonSpider said:
Seriously, I'm adamantly anti-SJW too, but from the manga and Season 1, there has always been SebaCiel shotacon subtext (the most egregious so far being them holding each other in the ED), and the animation itself looks really good at displaying what's needed. I see no sign of interference or changes.

If you define "Woke" as weirdly shota and/or certain animation effects maybe, then you have a rude awakening.
If you know Cringyroll you would know to stay away from anything they touch.
Real anime fans will not tolerate their woke shit

I knew this show was ruined the moment Soyny and CR were involved...
Apr 14, 7:59 AM

Sep 2018
It always appealed a lot to the female demographic with the 2 mcs being pretty boys. It is something you notice as you get older. I think they chose to keep the shounen tag to try and not scare off the former male audience it had. Yaoi baiting does tank anime ratings since men hate it on average. Kind of like how females generally review bomb ecchi.
Apr 14, 8:07 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to MadanielFL
MoonSpider said:

If you know Cringyroll you would know to stay away from anything they touch.
Real anime fans will not tolerate their woke shit

I knew this show was ruined the moment Soyny and CR were involved...
@MadanielFL You have yet to even see if literally anything has been altered. You just seem to be here to complain.

Apr 14, 8:09 AM

Feb 2021
MoonSpider said:
You have yet to even see if literally anything has been altered. You just seem to be here to complain.
The rule is simple, Cringyroll involved = trash.

Way too many examples of this, and anime fans know that CR being involved in the production of anime is a bad thing, so its best to avoid so they stop with it
Apr 14, 3:34 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to rohan121
It always appealed a lot to the female demographic with the 2 mcs being pretty boys. It is something you notice as you get older. I think they chose to keep the shounen tag to try and not scare off the former male audience it had. Yaoi baiting does tank anime ratings since men hate it on average. Kind of like how females generally review bomb ecchi.
@rohan121 as long as they keep the Yaoi a Yaoi and the shonen a shonen I don't care but to come and take anime we loved to tern there characters into this I think that is unforgivable
Apr 15, 12:30 PM

Aug 2008
Me, a woman, who has watched the anime since it first released and kept up with the manga:

Does it have more of a yaoi tone now? How exactly?

I remember my teenage self getting into it because, as a former fujoshi, it already had all the yaoi undertones back then! (っ˘ڡ˘ς).
絶対大丈夫だよ

Apr 15, 12:46 PM

Nov 2010
It has always been like that since the beginning. If you had read the manga,you would realise that the only reason it's shounen is because the magazine who agreed to publish it is a shounen magazine nothing about it expected the occasional fights is really typically shounen. It's pretty much a josei manga not even shoujo seeing how dark it is. At best you could argue that this is seinen but nothing about it is shounen. It's pretty seinen with Josei fan service since the beginning or if you consider how it's written it's a josei with some seinen undertones. Also,it has always been Yaoi-bait since day one of the manga. I have been following this since the first year of the manga and it has always been like that. All the fanservice stuff and goods of this are majorly aimed at being Yaoi-bait and towards a majority female audience. Male audience is of course also taken into consideration but they capitalise on baiting a female audience to fangirl over this.
Apr 15, 4:50 PM

Mar 2012
Reply to kirasan06
@rohan121 as long as they keep the Yaoi a Yaoi and the shonen a shonen I don't care but to come and take anime we loved to tern there characters into this I think that is unforgivable
@kirasan06 literally what changed tho

Apr 15, 11:14 PM

Mar 2012
@kirasan06 If you're talking about the art style, that's the change in studio and a seven year's difference in animation. If you're talking about the outfit change, that's the plot. The same semi-fanservicey plot as in the manga.

It's just astounding that almost 10 years pass and just now we're seeing reactions of people who, in the midst of the hype at the time, seemingly didn't realize this was a very female-audience-oriented series, filled with handsome men and gay subtext, and left episode one feeling absolutely baffled lol. Or maybe that's just my impression going from my viewing to MAL forums.

Just literally, "wait, this was yaoi-bait?" "Always has been" meme.

Not that I'd undersell the actual mystery/supernatural plot either, to be clear. There can be many up-sides to a series. Though since the manga is still ongoing, I can't speak to if it sticks the landing. Some of the plot twists get pretty wild and the current arc has been going for a while.
MoonSpiderApr 15, 11:26 PM

Apr 16, 2:56 AM
Mar 2016
It’s still says shounen tho? Idk you guys are hella tripping.
Regardless, black butler always had a large female fanbase.
Apr 16, 12:06 PM

Sep 2009
Oh for god sake. This is publish in a Shounen magazine. Thus it's a Shonen anime. Not that hard people.
Apr 16, 12:43 PM

Nov 2010
komic said:
Oh for god sake. This is publish in a Shounen magazine. Thus it's a Shonen anime. Not that hard people.

That can actually be really blurry. Sometimes it's only published in a shounen magazine because it was the only magazine that agreed to publish it or the best offer the mangaka got. There isn't always a firm reason for these classifications because if you look at all the goods and side releases it's clearly aimed at a large female audience. All the fanservice is also Yaoi-bait. That doesn't mean guys can't enjoy it,they absolutely can, it's a great manga and anime. In my opinion we should just enjoy shows based on story, characters and art and not on these narrow classifications.
Apr 16, 12:50 PM

Nov 2010

They just made his face smoother because animation has come a long way in seven years and the reason he had such a face was one because the original manga was made with bottle ink on paper and it's easier to make sharper lines with a fountain pen and two because it was the same with animation. Now that techniques have evolved we can actually make smoother animation and more realistic faces.
Apr 16, 12:56 PM

Nov 2010
MoonSpider said:
@kirasan06 If you're talking about the art style, that's the change in studio and a seven year's difference in animation. If you're talking about the outfit change, that's the plot. The same semi-fanservicey plot as in the manga.

It's just astounding that almost 10 years pass and just now we're seeing reactions of people who, in the midst of the hype at the time, seemingly didn't realize this was a very female-audience-oriented series, filled with handsome men and gay subtext, and left episode one feeling absolutely baffled lol. Or maybe that's just my impression going from my viewing to MAL forums.

Not that I'd undersell the actual mystery/supernatural plot either, to be clear. There can be many up-sides to a series. Though since the manga is still ongoing, I can't speak to if it sticks the landing. Some of the plot twists get pretty wild and the current arc has been going for a while.

My theory is that they were too young to realise anything the first time they watched it and "anti-sjw"/"anti-woke" wasn't really a thing back then and thus they hadn't experienced brain rot because of it.
Also where even is the Yaoi in the first episode?
CheezaApr 16, 1:03 PM
Apr 16, 7:06 PM

Mar 2012
Reply to Cheeza
MoonSpider said:

My theory is that they were too young to realise anything the first time they watched it and "anti-sjw"/"anti-woke" wasn't really a thing back then and thus they hadn't experienced brain rot because of it.
Also where even is the Yaoi in the first episode?
@Cheeza hey, I'm bi and anti-woke, don't appreciate the stereotyping lol I know that'll blow some minds. Like a lot of political opinions, it be a spectrum, not two sides.

But there's not any "explicit" yaoi in the series overall, just enough to bait female fans who gush over that sort of thing (aka me when I was in high school/college). It's mostly just slow shots that make the men look more handsome with the shoujo sparkles, maybe one or two odd shots of the men in eyebrow-raising posing (for me, that was most notably in the ED in this episode, + the student/teacher cosplay this season's plotline enables), and the existence of one character (Grell) who back when the original seasons was airing I thought, with the rest of the fandom, that "he" was a very flamboyant gay man, not realizing this was a very upfront and obvious transwoman character in the Victorian Era of all times who was just addressed as a man by literally everyone else in the show because, well, it's the Victorian Era.
MoonSpiderApr 16, 7:10 PM

Apr 19, 11:19 AM
Apr 2024
Actually guys, this arc is very different from the others, but that doesn't mean it's shojo, in a few episodes it will return to having an extremely dark plot
Apr 20, 9:07 AM

Nov 2016
Idk but Sebastian and Ciel are still cute af
Apr 20, 1:25 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to Halloww
Idk but Sebastian and Ciel are still cute af
@Halloww
??????????
Apr 20, 1:26 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to anxy738283
Actually guys, this arc is very different from the others, but that doesn't mean it's shojo, in a few episodes it will return to having an extremely dark plot
@anxy738283 good to hear that fr
Apr 20, 1:50 PM

Nov 2010
MoonSpider said:
@Cheeza hey, I'm bi and anti-woke, don't appreciate the stereotyping lol I know that'll blow some minds. Like a lot of political opinions, it be a spectrum, not two sides.

But there's not any "explicit" yaoi in the series overall, just enough to bait female fans who gush over that sort of thing (aka me when I was in high school/college). It's mostly just slow shots that make the men look more handsome with the shoujo sparkles, maybe one or two odd shots of the men in eyebrow-raising posing (for me, that was most notably in the ED in this episode, + the student/teacher cosplay this season's plotline enables), and the existence of one character (Grell) who back when the original seasons was airing I thought, with the rest of the fandom, that "he" was a very flamboyant gay man, not realizing this was a very upfront and obvious transwoman character in the Victorian Era of all times who was just addressed as a man by literally everyone else in the show because, well, it's the Victorian Era.

Sorry,if what I said offended you but I'm also LGBTQ+ and I stand by my opinion that "anti-woke" is brain rot.

Grell is never addressed as a man in Japanese. He is addressed in a gender neutral manner because that's the default way to address people in Japanese and they male a point to emphasize it even more with Grell. This is a translation error in the English and other language versions.
CheezaApr 20, 1:53 PM
Apr 20, 2:19 PM

Nov 2010
anxy738283 said:

Shoujo also can have dark plots. Shoujo aren't all romance or cute, positive,slice of life content. They just don't get adapted enough and people don't read enough shoujo manga to know that.
Apr 20, 4:04 PM

Feb 2019
It's always been something more women than men watch, I do think this arc in particular is especially fujoshi-bait. Almost to the point of parody or satire tbh. That doesn't mean it's bad though, this arc is still great! And the artstyle and production look really good! I mean, personally I didn't really care in the first place but.

The yaoi bait in Black Butler is pretty tame(by that I mean it feels sorta disconnected from the plot) and mostly just done for fans or comedy, since it's pretty obvious Ciel has feelings for Lizzy and I don't think Sebastian has much of a romantic emotion. I was surprised by this season too because I didn't remember it being this girly but given the setting for this season, I don't think the "change" is weird at all. I will say it is a bit different though, I recently rewatched episode 1 and it is definitely a darker style.

I haven't read past the arc one or two after this one. I don't like woke stuff or whatever you call it either but this has always had fujo-bait written all over it. This is what this arc is like.
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
Apr 20, 4:32 PM
Jan 2023
lmao it's not a shoujo, they just used the school setting to make a few jokes and shoujo references. Personally, I found it hilarious since it's clearly not that type of show. It won't actually become a shoujo, don't worry 😂
Apr 20, 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
Reply to Cheeza
MoonSpider said:

Sorry,if what I said offended you but I'm also LGBTQ+ and I stand by my opinion that "anti-woke" is brain rot.

Grell is never addressed as a man in Japanese. He is addressed in a gender neutral manner because that's the default way to address people in Japanese and they male a point to emphasize it even more with Grell. This is a translation error in the English and other language versions.
@Cheeza then we agree to disagree because both CAN be brain-rot, but "wokeness" is the brain rot that is being pushed in larger mainstream media circles.

And yeah, gender-neutrality that doesn't translate into other languages is a hurdle for translation, though I'm not so sure it's mistranslation. Grell constantly addresses herself as a woman, talking about bearing children as if it were possible ("I would bear your children if only you'd let me!"), and in the anime especially the punchlines to these jokes, aside from the over-exaggeration from her lines, is the disgust from the other characters about this weird "man". I don't think it could be translated much more accurately to keep the context of what is intended; before, I was only noting that this humor (as dated as it may be perceived to be) lines up well with the era the show takes place in and any knowledge the public at large would have about trans people during this time.

Apr 21, 12:16 PM
Jan 2022
okay I thought that was a that was just a mistake from them, I continued but this I think I am done okay I can't continue anymore I am drooping that, that was my limit okay
Apr 21, 12:36 PM
Jan 2022
tbh after all that if you just ignored every weird gay shit in the anime it's pretty fun even the art style is really acceptable
Apr 22, 12:04 PM

Mar 2012
Reply to kirasan06
tbh after all that if you just ignored every weird gay shit in the anime it's pretty fun even the art style is really acceptable
@kirasan06 and again, look back at past seasons and you'll find "gay shit" in there too, you just never fucking noticed lmao you dropping superficially-gay anime for being superficially-gay, oh the surprise. What you looking at next, Yuri on Ice?

I have no idea if you've even read the rest of this thread for you to know how cold of a take this is

Apr 27, 2:54 AM

Mar 2022
This really is the weirdest thread...

Black Butler has been fujoshi baiting since day one, so I don't know why it's now suddenly become a problem. Or did everyone just forget the Sebastian dressing Ciel up in a corset from like episode 4 of the first season?

I mean, I love this trash of an anime but it's always been weird as hell.
Apr 27, 9:49 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to rohan121
@rohan121 Butler was, if not the founder, then one of the brightest of the first "fake shonen" shows, which were essentially shoujo, but were published in men's magazines to attract the widest possible audience. Because while shoujo magazines are mostly read only by girls, shonen and seinen magazines are not only read by more guys and girls alike, but are also more mainstream.

@MoonSpider Subtext, if there is one at all, and text are two different things. For example, Moriarty always had a strong BL bait as the direct successor to Butler, but the author has probably already developed a nervous tic from constantly trying to convince people that the manga doesn't intend to be BL. It got to the point where even the actor playing Moriarty in the theater production was forced to apologize when he made a joke about their love at first sight and people misunderstood him. So, my point is that people should differentiate fan service from the content itself.
RobertBobertApr 27, 9:53 AM
Apr 27, 10:01 AM

Aug 2021
This anime has always been goth with gay vibes that the female audience loves.

Apr 27, 10:04 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to MoonSpider

@MoonSpider

Grell is not a female character, the mangaka herself said he is "an effeminate gay".

Apr 27, 10:08 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to Amore9
This really is the weirdest thread...

Black Butler has been fujoshi baiting since day one, so I don't know why it's now suddenly become a problem. Or did everyone just forget the Sebastian dressing Ciel up in a corset from like episode 4 of the first season?

I mean, I love this trash of an anime but it's always been weird as hell.
@Amore9

Definitely weird, this anime has always had a huge fujoshi audience.

Apr 27, 11:47 AM

Nov 2010
Absurdo_N said:
@MoonSpider

Grell is not a female character, the mangaka herself said he is "an effeminate gay".

Later in the manga,in one of the extra info dumping chapters,Grell says he wishes he was born a woman.
Apr 27, 12:14 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to Cheeza
Absurdo_N said:
@MoonSpider

Later in the manga,in one of the extra info dumping chapters,Grell says he wishes he was born a woman.
@Cheeza

It doesn't matter, many gay men say they wish they were born female.

Apr 28, 1:51 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to Absurdo_N
@Cheeza

It doesn't matter, many gay men say they wish they were born female.
@Absurdo_N Unless that's in reference to either a drag persona, a quick colloquial "girlies~" or an equivalent that means nothing, or self-hatred in thinking they wish they weren't born gay so their life would be easier... no, it's really not common to reference yourself as the opposite sex because you're gay. ESPECIALLY not often enough to where you pretty much refer to yourself as such exclusively, in just about any conversation and context...

Acting feminine =/= "I am a woman", "I'd bear your children, if only you'd let me". [Important note, re: your comment, Grell never says iirc "I wish I was a woman", but simply, "I AM a woman", a good handful of times even referencing a non-existent womb in her to make babies...] Idk who "many gay men" are, but no one who knows anything about gender identity hears that and goes "Mhm, yes, gay man then. Very flaming gay." Like idc what the author may or may not have said, you can't tell me the sky is green. It's literally in the canon behavior.

Never fails, Black Butler comes back and we're back in THE Grell debate, lol. I switched sides from back then though
MoonSpiderApr 28, 2:12 AM

Apr 28, 2:02 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
@rohan121 Butler was, if not the founder, then one of the brightest of the first "fake shonen" shows, which were essentially shoujo, but were published in men's magazines to attract the widest possible audience. Because while shoujo magazines are mostly read only by girls, shonen and seinen magazines are not only read by more guys and girls alike, but are also more mainstream.

@MoonSpider Subtext, if there is one at all, and text are two different things. For example, Moriarty always had a strong BL bait as the direct successor to Butler, but the author has probably already developed a nervous tic from constantly trying to convince people that the manga doesn't intend to be BL. It got to the point where even the actor playing Moriarty in the theater production was forced to apologize when he made a joke about their love at first sight and people misunderstood him. So, my point is that people should differentiate fan service from the content itself.
@RobertBobert I'm not sure what comment you're responding to or what the overall point being made because... I agree? Mostly?

I mean, fanservice, as a term, references what's actually in the content itself, not just general vibes or word-of-god that may have been misinterpreted through language barriers. So there's not a lot of differentiating, the scenes are literally in the canon, ala the infamous corset scene, Season 1 and more. Of course THAT should not then be extrapolated into shipping and fighting over stuff that most likely won't happen because this is a gothic action/mystery/supernatural series first and foremost and all fanservice IS strictly for show and pretty surface-level with fake-outs and some eyebrow-raising posing and not much else.

So like... yeah? I think we're on the same page? I'm not sure what we're talking about specifically though.
MoonSpiderApr 28, 2:07 AM

Apr 28, 2:07 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MoonSpider
@RobertBobert I'm not sure what comment you're responding to or what the overall point being made because... I agree? Mostly?

I mean, fanservice, as a term, references what's actually in the content itself, not just general vibes or word-of-god that may have been misinterpreted through language barriers. So there's not a lot of differentiating, the scenes are literally in the canon, ala the infamous corset scene, Season 1 and more. Of course THAT should not then be extrapolated into shipping and fighting over stuff that most likely won't happen because this is a gothic action/mystery/supernatural series first and foremost and all fanservice IS strictly for show and pretty surface-level with fake-outs and some eyebrow-raising posing and not much else.

So like... yeah? I think we're on the same page? I'm not sure what we're talking about specifically though.
@MoonSpider I wanted to point out that the abundance of BL bait fanservice in The Butler does not yet make this BL show aimed solely at a female audience. No one denies that the show has a huge appeal to girls, but people often oversell it by calling the anime a literal shotakon.
Apr 28, 3:26 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
@MoonSpider I wanted to point out that the abundance of BL bait fanservice in The Butler does not yet make this BL show aimed solely at a female audience. No one denies that the show has a huge appeal to girls, but people often oversell it by calling the anime a literal shotakon.
@RobertBobert I mean, I never used those words to describe the series as a whole. At worst, in comment 7, I simply meant that, by virtue of any slight fanservice primarily being between Sebastian and Ciel, it's technically the majority of BL subtext being shown through the series and this primary dynamic that's shotacon implications (though obviously the female audience is too busy looking at Sebastian and other characters, mostly).

But again I did go through pains to state before that the fanservice itself is very shallow, most definitely compared to any actual BL series and/or ecchi series that would use the term "fanservice". Hell, Interspecies Reviewers is in my Top 10 Anime, and I just finished watching "Cherry Magic! 30 Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?!" (or some such title) this past season. (Line-pushing ecchi high fantasy series, and BL-focused slightly-supernatural romantic comedy, respectively). In Black Butler, you get pretty boys, longing looks, and questionable posing. That's really it, and that's all I said about it.

Granted, that's enough, I would think, to understand that element of the show even from Season 1, which led to my bewilderment at OP's shock at its very presence, as if they weren't there for the prior seasons (though, most likely, it's been about a decade since they watched the original and, through rose-tinted glasses, thought that there was nothing of the sort before the Public School Arc). That wasn't me trying to overplay it, and I also said a great many times that, first and foremost, this is a gothic action/mystery/supernatural series.
MoonSpiderApr 28, 3:33 AM

Apr 28, 3:37 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MoonSpider
@RobertBobert I mean, I never used those words to describe the series as a whole. At worst, in comment 7, I simply meant that, by virtue of any slight fanservice primarily being between Sebastian and Ciel, it's technically the majority of BL subtext being shown through the series and this primary dynamic that's shotacon implications (though obviously the female audience is too busy looking at Sebastian and other characters, mostly).

But again I did go through pains to state before that the fanservice itself is very shallow, most definitely compared to any actual BL series and/or ecchi series that would use the term "fanservice". Hell, Interspecies Reviewers is in my Top 10 Anime, and I just finished watching "Cherry Magic! 30 Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?!" (or some such title) this past season. (Line-pushing ecchi high fantasy series, and BL-focused slightly-supernatural romantic comedy, respectively). In Black Butler, you get pretty boys, longing looks, and questionable posing. That's really it, and that's all I said about it.

Granted, that's enough, I would think, to understand that element of the show even from Season 1, which led to my bewilderment at OP's shock at its very presence, as if they weren't there for the prior seasons (though, most likely, it's been about a decade since they watched the original and, through rose-tinted glasses, thought that there was nothing of the sort before the Public School Arc). That wasn't me trying to overplay it, and I also said a great many times that, first and foremost, this is a gothic action/mystery/supernatural series.
@MoonSpider Well, as I said above, The Butler is a typical shoujo-vibe anime that is published in a shonen magazine to attract both male and female audiences due to the latter's love for shonen-vibe anime. This is a very old practice and you can also find a lot of shonen-vibe manga in shoujo magazines in less successful but still deliberate attempts to attract a male audience. For example, at one time, Sailor Moon was criticized for the sexualization of female characters, which led to restrictions on male fans at fandom events in the future.
Apr 28, 3:40 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
@MoonSpider Well, as I said above, The Butler is a typical shoujo-vibe anime that is published in a shonen magazine to attract both male and female audiences due to the latter's love for shonen-vibe anime. This is a very old practice and you can also find a lot of shonen-vibe manga in shoujo magazines in less successful but still deliberate attempts to attract a male audience. For example, at one time, Sailor Moon was criticized for the sexualization of female characters, which led to restrictions on male fans at fandom events in the future.
@RobertBobert I'm unsure of the relevance here, as we seem to be on the same page?

Also why do keep calling the series The Butler?

Apr 28, 3:45 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MoonSpider
@RobertBobert I'm unsure of the relevance here, as we seem to be on the same page?

Also why do keep calling the series The Butler?
@MoonSpider Well, maybe because it’s easier for me to call the series with an abbreviated name that would be quite understandable to others.

I don't quite understand what you want to say. I just mean that this franchise is essentially a typical attempt to play to both demographics. Just because it is expected to be more popular among girls, people stereotypically think that it is full shoujo.
Apr 28, 6:34 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to MoonSpider
@Absurdo_N Unless that's in reference to either a drag persona, a quick colloquial "girlies~" or an equivalent that means nothing, or self-hatred in thinking they wish they weren't born gay so their life would be easier... no, it's really not common to reference yourself as the opposite sex because you're gay. ESPECIALLY not often enough to where you pretty much refer to yourself as such exclusively, in just about any conversation and context...

Acting feminine =/= "I am a woman", "I'd bear your children, if only you'd let me". [Important note, re: your comment, Grell never says iirc "I wish I was a woman", but simply, "I AM a woman", a good handful of times even referencing a non-existent womb in her to make babies...] Idk who "many gay men" are, but no one who knows anything about gender identity hears that and goes "Mhm, yes, gay man then. Very flaming gay." Like idc what the author may or may not have said, you can't tell me the sky is green. It's literally in the canon behavior.

Never fails, Black Butler comes back and we're back in THE Grell debate, lol. I switched sides from back then though
@MoonSpider

I don't know about the gays in your country, but the effeminate and passive non-effeminate gays in my country say these things.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1

34 by Ranxomare »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18

37 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Jun 5, 6:33 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25

35 by Ranxomare »»
Jun 5, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11

41 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jun 3, 2:17 PM

» vibe

leyaf - May 1

7 by Cheonyu »»
Jun 3, 8:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.