Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 13, 6:49 PM
Dec 2021
My question in general is for the people who were trash talking A-1 pictures when its anime was announced, I saw people saying its better to not get anime than being animated by A-1 and I even saw a guy saying I hope director die so other studio will takeover animation, so what's your take after episode 2, do you like it or you still think another studio should have made it, for me this episode was an absolute banger.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 13, 7:03 PM
Apr 2023
A-1 is a really good studio, look what they do for Eighty Six, SAO or Grimgar.
Jan 13, 7:05 PM
Jan 2022
ain't no way ppl trash talking A-1. I only heard ppl saying that they have high expectations because of A-1
Jan 13, 7:19 PM

Sep 2020
A1 Picture is a top tier studio. The animation in Solo Leveling is incredible.
Jan 13, 7:20 PM
Nov 2021
I think there aren't many people complaining about A-1 because of the animations. Most of the times it stands for very good animations. But I guess there are people not liking A-1 just because it's part of Sony.
Jan 13, 7:20 PM
Oct 2023
I even saw Shelter (Music) and Lycoris Recoil, and those have the best animations.
Jan 13, 7:34 PM

Feb 2021
People hate anything that is part of Soyny.

So with A-1 Picture being owned by woke sjws, I'm not shocked that people hate on them.
Jan 13, 7:36 PM

Jul 2022
Kaguya-sama was made by A-1 Pictures, so I'm not complaining here
Jan 13, 7:37 PM
Feb 2021
I don't see any problem with animation quality... it look fluid and well drawn... in fact this is probably the best animation this studio ever produced
Jan 13, 7:42 PM
Sep 2021
I already knew its going to be peak. So idk
Jan 13, 7:47 PM
Dec 2022
Nah man, ain't no way people trash talk A-1 Pictures. It's a very good studio. They did animate of 86, Kaguya-sama: Love is a War, Sword Art Online, Erased, Your Lie in April, Blue Exorcist, Seven Deadly Sins, Darling in the FranXX, Anohana, Black Butler, Magi, Fairy Tail, Lycoris Recoil and many more. I had high expectations of the anime adaptation of Solo Leveling to be honest.
Jan 13, 7:50 PM
Jan 2012
A-1 Pictures is a great studio, I love a lot of their stuff. They are doing Solo Leveling justice so far it's been awesome.
Jan 13, 8:16 PM
Jul 2022
A-1 did a really good Job so far!
Jan 13, 9:15 PM

Dec 2022
People really will cling to any and everything to put something down which they don't like.

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Jan 13, 9:34 PM
Jul 2021
Ain't no way people in this thread.didnt see all the hate A-1 got when the studio was announced. But yea atleast people are recognizing now that they are doing solo leveling justice
Jan 13, 10:00 PM

Feb 2018
Reply to Saynarra
@Saynarra And Kaguya. Epic animation for a Rom com!
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Jan 13, 10:05 PM

Feb 2018
A1 is a top tier animation studio.

Mappa, WIT, A1, bones, Madhouse are in my top tier list. (and perhaps ufotable)

Any other top tier animation studio I am missing?
Cloverworks is also good but somehow they completely messed up neverland and small part of shadow house
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Jan 13, 10:11 PM

Feb 2018
Reply to Aryan-0_0
Ain't no way people in this thread.didnt see all the hate A-1 got when the studio was announced. But yea atleast people are recognizing now that they are doing solo leveling justice
@Aryan-0_0 Even Mappa gets hate. When it was announced AOT will be made by Mappa, Mappa was getting a lot of hate on social media. But the season they made was rated 9+. It was still getting hate for its animation on reddit (I found the animation to be epic just like WIT). So you see the ones who were hating on it were a minority, no way it would be rated 9+ otherwise.
Jan 13, 10:17 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to shubh_jain_2
@Aryan-0_0 Even Mappa gets hate. When it was announced AOT will be made by Mappa, Mappa was getting a lot of hate on social media. But the season they made was rated 9+. It was still getting hate for its animation on reddit (I found the animation to be epic just like WIT). So you see the ones who were hating on it were a minority, no way it would be rated 9+ otherwise.
@shubh_jain_2 fair enough
Btw i think its been long enough that cloverworks should be forgiven for tpn. They have made bangers after bangers since that. Especially recently with bocchi and mdud and other things
Jan 13, 10:28 PM

Oct 2020
Fantastic.

A-1 is a studio that has improved so much over the years. Every year, their animation level keeps on Increasing.

During lockdown it was SAO WoU with a Ufotable level animation, then 86 which was fabulous and now Solo Leveling is just BEAUTIFUL.

Justice ⚖️ to all the manga panels.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jan 13, 10:38 PM
Sep 2020
Bro, it is actually pretty damn good, but nothing too impressive. I think it could be even better. Solo leveling deserved better✊️
Jan 13, 10:44 PM
Aug 2021
Arrow02 said:
Bro, it is actually pretty damn good, but nothing too impressive. I think it could be even better. Solo leveling deserved better✊️

Deserved better? It’s a miracle it got even an adaptation and by a top tier studio, not just a mediocre season that promotes the manhwa as it was for God of Highschool by butchering half of the story. Stop nitpicking and appreciate the adaptation.
Jan 13, 10:46 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Arrow02
@Arrow02 Doesn't deserve better than this. The animation is top tier and the pacing is also good.
Jan 13, 10:48 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Joche1
Arrow02 said:

Deserved better? It’s a miracle it got even an adaptation and by a top tier studio, not just a mediocre season that promotes the manhwa as it was for God of Highschool by butchering half of the story. Stop nitpicking and appreciate the adaptation.
@Joche1 I think God of Highschool deserve better. I don't want a S2 I want a remake instead.
Jan 13, 10:48 PM
Sep 2020
Joche1 said:
Arrow02 said:

yea, unfortunately manhwa adaptation doesn't have a shiny resume, but solo leveling is sooo hyped by the community. I god damn wished it had some jjk animation level
Jan 13, 10:51 PM
Sep 2020
Joche1 said:
Arrow02 said:

but we'll see, it might get more attention on other scenes and get at least some gorgeous animated moments
Jan 13, 11:24 PM
Apr 2022
A-1 pictures is great , specially 86 animation on top tier
Jan 13, 11:41 PM

Jun 2022
No hate, but sometimes the animation looks like it's a generic isekai produced by some generic studio. However, I respect the opinions of those who enjoy it.
Even if we disappear from this world, our stories will remain.
Jan 13, 11:49 PM

Apr 2021
A1 isn't a studio like MAPPA or Ufotable, it uses mostly freelance animators for all its works , and thats also one of the reasons that one of Hakuyu Go's best episodes were under A1's banner( from fate/Apocrypha). Shun Enokido is directing Fate/SF CURRENTLY under A-1 studio, and that project is highly likely to get some Miso/Hakuyu Go goodness.

Their connections throughout the industry is top tier, and if they are capable of pulling off some incredible stuff sometimes, although their consistency is questionable (86, Fate/SF Special, YLIA, Darling in the Franxx, the list gets even better if cloverworks anime are counted under A1)

So yeah A-1 was never a bad choice, nowhere close to it, but whether they'll put their all into the production is something we have to wait and watch. Shun Enokido currently working with A-1 gives me hope that we'll get at least a couple of episodes like JJK 13 or 16.
CreepHazardJan 31, 8:51 PM
Jan 13, 11:53 PM

Apr 2021
Arrow02 said:

Dude the first two episodes were already pretty good, the opening is comparable to One Piece's new opening (visually) and it's not even had any main fights yet. From the OP it looks like they have some good shit stacked up. Wait and watch A-1 doing a phenomenal adaptation.
Jan 14, 1:58 AM
Jul 2022
A-1 Pictures is an amazing studio. Idk what people were barking about.
Jan 14, 2:13 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to CreepHazard
Arrow02 said:

Dude the first two episodes were already pretty good, the opening is comparable to One Piece's new opening (visually) and it's not even had any main fights yet. From the OP it looks like they have some good shit stacked up. Wait and watch A-1 doing a phenomenal adaptation.
@CreepHazard Yeah, opening is nice and all, but it was made by some korean studio, not by A-1. I wouldn't keep expectations high for incoming fights, cuz doubt they'll look as good as in opening.
Jan 14, 2:42 AM
Dec 2023
Until now it was amazing, idk why people were trashing on a1
Jan 14, 3:45 AM
Jul 2021
A-1 Pictures is an awesome studio and did an amazing job so far, it's just that they aren't famous for animation quality like ufotable or mappa are. I'm sure they're gonna best themselves with Solo Leveling and I believe their chances to become one of the best of the best in terms of animation are pretty good since there probably isn't a better source to display animation than Solo Leveling.
Jan 14, 9:20 AM
Jul 2015
It was obvious from the first trailer that the animation is not going to be the strong point of this anime. Which is a shame since that is one of the better things about webtoon itself. The quality of the panels. That isn't to say that the animation is bad, far from it. But it is not great either. The anime deserved UFOTABLE level of quality, in my opinion.
Jan 14, 9:26 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to dzudoKing
@CreepHazard Yeah, opening is nice and all, but it was made by some korean studio, not by A-1. I wouldn't keep expectations high for incoming fights, cuz doubt they'll look as good as in opening.
@dzudoKing Exactly...
Jan 14, 9:31 AM
Aug 2015
Apparently I'm the only one who thinks the animation could be improved. I have nothing against A1, but I was expecting way more. It looks a bit bland.
Jan 14, 9:38 AM

Apr 2021
dzudoKing said:

Well that's basically Outsourcing, and it's still the effort of A-1. They're doing it justice so far
Jan 14, 9:41 AM

Jan 2009
the op is outsource to a korean studio

and animation quality so far is not that jaw dropping unlike the op

not saying its bad but people are blind if they think this is a supreme animation quality
Jan 14, 10:10 AM
Apr 2022
I still think it’s not as good as the manhwa visually. It’s the other aspects that are pulling the animation up. That said it did surpass my expectations coming into it. I’m happy to say it’s a good adaptation. Ofc I still think a lot of studios could do it better
Jan 14, 10:21 AM

May 2021
The animation is actually really good to me. Fluid and gets the job done.
Jan 14, 10:34 AM

Jun 2016
I just want them to adapt 60-70% of manhwa quality and it's good. I am not expecting them to be like 100%. Also if they even adapt the way they did the opening then too this show would be amazing with the fights coming in future. So far I like the animation and it's getting the job done but Anyway I am still keeping my expectation low so I won't be disappointed.

After season 1 real verdict will be out.
2023 might be the year where I will be happy. This year is not happy year.
Jan 14, 10:45 AM
Jun 2022
Well if it was like that , I'm damn sure they were lockdown kids who knows nothing about anime. I mean come on, this studio has literally made Sao which was the most important reason for the rise of the isekai genre and Sao became famous because of it's animations , bgm and op-ed . A1 pictures has practically ruled anime world in terma of animation from 2013-2018 because of SAO , 86, Your lie in april ,etc . I'm damn sure these guys must have not known whatever they're talking .
Jan 14, 10:53 AM
Oct 2018
Episode 2 was incredible. The way camera was moving in some scenes with the statue, it shows the effort that was put in. Also the animation in op is literally god tier. But the thing is even if animation was mid, the way some of these so called 'fans' talk about animation studios and staff is absolutely unacceptable.
Jan 14, 10:57 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to Arrow02
@Arrow02 "Nothing too impressive". "Deserved better". If these are the words the staff has to here after those incredible 2 episodes, specially from people who have no technical knowledge about animation, it would have been better if there was no anime at all.
Jan 14, 11:20 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to Nik03178
@Arrow02 "Nothing too impressive". "Deserved better". If these are the words the staff has to here after those incredible 2 episodes, specially from people who have no technical knowledge about animation, it would have been better if there was no anime at all.
@Nik03178 so true...even with this animation quality they want more...what the hell animators are not robots..
Jan 14, 11:30 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Saynarra
They also did Gunslinger Stratos and Engage Kiss

Nik03178 said:
incredible 2 episodes

If these episodes were "incredible", you have a pretty low bar. So far this is generic power fantasy that's edgy for the sake of being edgy. Incredibly mid.
Jan 14, 12:09 PM

Apr 2017
This IP has a massively popular manhua that is world renowned and loved by pretty much everyone in the Manga/Anime community (minus the always hating on everything cuz why not) this anime will have the eyes of everyone on it, and the bar of expectations is very high considering the source material is finished and the fans need to experience the story in anime format, A-1 Pictures has to rise up to the hype and reap the rewards, and they know same as any major animation studio that IPs like these can't be given mediocre quality or half-assed work done into it, this is the golden ticket, they either cease this moment and make smth great and remembered forever, or ruin it and destroy their reputation and the IP's adaptation along with it.
Kirito_onlineJan 14, 12:12 PM
Jan 14, 6:41 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Anayan_Kashyap
Fantastic.

A-1 is a studio that has improved so much over the years. Every year, their animation level keeps on Increasing.

During lockdown it was SAO WoU with a Ufotable level animation, then 86 which was fabulous and now Solo Leveling is just BEAUTIFUL.

@Anayan_Kashyap For SAO wou some of the Ufotable staff did work with A-1. You can see it in end credits. That season had great fights they were treat for eyes. My favourite sao season so far.
Jan 14, 6:49 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Anayan_Kashyap
Fantastic.

@Anayan_Kashyap Is it possible that every time I see you in posts, you always write bullshit? You really want to look like a clown 🤣
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

397 by Bek1r »»
Yesterday, 2:17 PM

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

70 by Haninegharbi »»
Yesterday, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 10

416 by Nova_xD_7 »»
Jun 2, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

281 by VihasYeah »»
Jun 1, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

303 by Apreggi »»
May 30, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.