Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2023 12:22 PM
Feb 2023
For me it was 6/10 the anime had good moments, especially episode 9 without a doubt the best, Sagiri and Shion were the best characters, but for me both in production and in history I feel that this anime lacked a lot
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 1, 2023 12:32 PM

Apr 2022
well your pfp already proves that you have good taste and I couldn't agree more. It had it's moments and I liked the colour-pallet, but overall a 6/10 is fair.
There's definitely potential for more in the second season.
Jul 1, 2023 12:35 PM
Jun 2023
in terms of action and fight it is a 8/10
The art style and animation is also top notch

The plot doesn't progress much in the first few episodes as it mainly focuses on the backstories of other characters which I find really nice almost all the characters had their backstories done.

I will say that this season was mainy for world building and exploring deeper into the plot instead of moving forward at a fast pace.It raised questions and piqued interests to hype season 2

This season would be like 7 or 8 depending on
one' preference if more season would be made then it can be a 9 but I see potential for season 2 if done properly
Well who knows what will happen the anime could have something in store for us
KidzunaJul 1, 2023 12:38 PM
Jul 1, 2023 12:36 PM

Jan 2013
I gave it a 9/10 so... uhh yeah, it was pretty good. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 1, 2023 12:38 PM
Jun 2022
10/10 for me 😌🔥🔥😌
Jul 1, 2023 12:39 PM
Apr 2023
I liked it. The first couple episodes I felt were a lot stronger than the latter portion of the show, although I didn’t feel that it ever felt below average. I like how it kept you guessing what was going to happen. I never really had a problem with the animation or fight choreography like some did, I think the production quality was great. Not as good as MAPPA’s other shows, but I never had any issue with it. Voice acting was also very good. I suppose it’s the art style, but I do think the show started to look a bit overly dreary. I do appreciate the darker art style, but it’s just something I noticed as a viewer.

I’m gonna watch season 2 because I’m curious to see what happens and where it goes. It’s not a groundbreaking anime by any means, but I do think it’s a good one with a lot of potential. I liked most of the characters, and the concept of the show is cool. I believe the backstories and characters were also fleshed out well, and the designs were great, especially Gabimaru. I just hope the episodes in season 2 stick their landing a bit better. The finale especially had an anticlimactic feel to it. For MAPPA, all of their other shows that I’ve seen have made me excited and wanting to see more as soon as possible. Hell’s Paradise feels like one I’ll not really think about until I’m watching it again.

I gave it an 8/10. I enjoyed my time watching it, and after this season, I see myself watching it until it’s complete.
godofthepiratesJul 1, 2023 12:54 PM
Jul 1, 2023 12:45 PM
Nov 2022
7/10 Definitely some good moments, but not really something that would blow my mind
Jul 1, 2023 12:50 PM
Dec 2017
Confused_99 said:

The plot doesn't progress much in the first few episodes as it mainly focuses on the backstories of other characters which I find really nice almost all the characters had their backstories done.

I will say that this season was mainy for world building and exploring deeper into the plot instead of moving forward at a fast pace.It raised questions and piqued interests to hype season 2

one' preference if more season would be made then it can be a 9 but I see potential for season 2 if done properly

The art style and animation are also top notch

The art style and animation are also top notch

What anime have you seen? animation and art style was quite disappointing even though it was by mappa it was much better one punch man season 2 by jc staff as animations

What anime have you seen? animation and art style was quite disappointing even though it was by mappa it was much better one punch man season 2 by jc staff as animations
Confused_99 said:

“The art style and animation are also top notch”

Jul 1, 2023 1:07 PM
Jan 2023
I gave it a 7/10 because while the action is great, it isn’t on the same level as DS of JJK. Animation was good, but should’ve been better
Simple story and not many interesting characters or much development
Overall I really enjoyed it and I’m excited for season 2
Jul 1, 2023 1:09 PM

May 2009
Was nice, just wish it didn't became a Dragon Ball halfway through.

But still a good series.
I'm an Anime/Manga Artist who enjoys drawing in the same style:
For info on comissions and galery: Click Here
Jul 1, 2023 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
had far greater potential than the animators cared for. if this show looked like the OP does, it would be in the top 50 on MAL by the time they get to the final fight, I promise you
Jul 1, 2023 1:11 PM

Mar 2018
Fight scenes were awesome and the world building was mysterious and interesting enough to fill the time between fights. thats enough for me to get 6/10. other than that, the characters and story was incredibly clicheed and the Pacing was very questionable at times.

6/10 from me
Jul 1, 2023 1:13 PM

Apr 2014
lrdalucard said:
Was nice, just wish it didn't became a Dragon Ball halfway through.

But still a good series.
this changes during the next arc onwards.  they flesh out a power scaling system and explain tao more properly, it essentially  turns into pokemon.  the anime covered like 1/4th of the manga. theres some  great characters like Jikka and Shugen that turns this shit all the way up.. sadly if the animation stays like this, none of it will matter. 

point is the story iis just getting fleshed out 
Jul 1, 2023 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
PoisonedSandwich said:
Fight scenes were awesome and the world building was mysterious and interesting enough to fill the time between fights. thats enough for me to get 6/10. other than that, the characters and story was incredibly clicheed and the Pacing was very questionable at times.

6/10 from me
please be clear all the stuff you're finding flaws in was mappa's  fault. they rushed tf out  of it.  they were animating like 5-6  chapters an episode sometimes. i wish people would  just fkn  read  manga 
Jul 1, 2023 1:32 PM
Dec 2017
it would have been a nice show too, if it wasn't animated by Mappa, he literally killed the action in this anime and their bad animations annoyed me every episode, on the other hand I also don't support the author's choice to let me die like that many characters in a short time, some were interesting and would have deserved more insights, I give this show a 6/10, had it taken the same care as demon slayer, I would have easily given it 8/10
Jul 1, 2023 1:36 PM
Feb 2021
Very mediocre in terms of every aspect but especially animation, 5/10
Jul 1, 2023 1:47 PM
Apr 2023
Raduska said:
7/10 Definitely some good moments, but not really something that would blow my mind

To be honest, the stories in Hell's Paradise were pretty interesting and unique than in demon slayer. I finished demon slayer manga too, it really doesn't blew my mind. But I am not saying it's bad, demon slayer is good in its own way. I just didn't like the way you mentioned it, that's it.
Jul 1, 2023 1:50 PM

Jan 2020
7/10, the writing is pretty ham-fisted most of the time but the focus on Sagiri is pretty good. Directing really helped bring up the score because it nailed the climatic scenes. Makita GOAT
Jul 1, 2023 1:56 PM
Nov 2022
InvisMello said:
Raduska said:

To be honest, the stories in Hell's Paradise were pretty interesting and unique than in demon slayer. I finished demon slayer manga too, it really doesn't blew my mind. But I am not saying it's bad, demon slayer is good in its own way. I just didn't like the way you mentioned it, that's it.

Well that's absolutely okay, we're all people and we all like different things and have different opinions :)
Jul 1, 2023 1:57 PM
Apr 2023
Raduska said:
InvisMello said:

Well that's absolutely okay, we're all people and we all like different things and have different opinions :)

I'm happy that you are not offended. Thank you very much.
Jul 1, 2023 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
My opinion is Mappa needs to stop outsourcing half the budget for OPs.
NTADJul 1, 2023 2:59 PM
Jul 1, 2023 2:40 PM

Apr 2021
NTAD said:
My opinion is Mappa needs to stop spending half the budget on OPs.

Aside from the fact that budget talk needs to stop already, the opening was made by a completely different studio altogether. Qzilla, by Shinpei Kamata.
Jul 1, 2023 2:59 PM

Feb 2013

Oongbuh said:
NTAD said:
My opinion is Mappa needs to stop spending half the budget on OPs.

Aside from the fact that budget talk needs to stop already, the opening was made by a completely different studio altogether. Qzilla, by Shinpei Kamata.
Appreciate the heads up. Adjusted my post accordingly.
Jul 1, 2023 3:23 PM
Dec 2022
offjv said:
For me it was 6/10 the anime had good moments, especially episode 9 without a doubt the best, Sagiri and Shion were the best characters, but for me both in production and in history I feel that this anime lacked a lot

I give it a solid 8/10. I definetly had bigger expectations for this anime
Jul 1, 2023 5:09 PM

Dec 2021
I'd give it a 7 or 8/10. It was a fun show with great action but it didn't quite hit. It started off really strong but by the end it was more of generic shonen. A good one, but nothing particularly new. Once tao, tan and the tensen were explained the mystery and creepiness of the island was gone. The explanations of tao were particularly boring, I got the gist of how it would work pretty quickly but even in the last episode they had an internal monologue about gathering energy in the sword. Still, I'm looking forward to the second season.
Jul 1, 2023 5:29 PM
Feb 2017
8.5/10 for me, best show of the season.
Jul 1, 2023 6:28 PM

Apr 2020
Nice pace. Cool action. I liked the Battle-Royal setting to start things off. Not the best thing I've ever seen - but will watch the next season for sure :)
Jul 1, 2023 6:32 PM
Feb 2023
ShadowUnown said:
offjv said:

1 - Looks like you're still upset about the answer I gave you the other time
2 - I didn't speak ill of the anime as I said it has positive points and overall it was interesting
3 - I don't care if you are is Brazilian, speak English in the forum and not Portuguese

Sei nem quem é tu bicho.
Se for pra falar "you are is Brazilian" melhor ficar no tupiniquim mesmo. lol

ShadowUnown said:
offjv said:

1 - Looks like you're still upset about the answer I gave you the other time
2 - I didn't speak ill of the anime as I said it has positive points and overall it was interesting
3 - I don't care if you are is Brazilian, speak English in the forum and not Portuguese

Sei nem quem é tu bicho.
Se for pra falar "you are is Brazilian" melhor ficar no tupiniquim mesmo. lol

Something I say to you, learn to respect the opinion of others, I'm not a child like you, I'm not old enough to discuss such trivial things
Jul 1, 2023 6:34 PM

Apr 2022
first episode was an 8 for me, then changed to a 6 around episode 4, and then i changed it to a 5 after the last episode. very disappointing adaptation, made me bored ngl. not nearly as good as the manga.
Jul 1, 2023 8:31 PM

Jun 2013
Jigokuraku had such a promising start. The world building was unique and intriguing and the characters seemed to offer quite some depth as well. It was painful watching the show turn into a generic infodumping battle shounen half-way through and the characters turn out to be flat and cardboard cutouts as well. Took a bit of effort to finish the anime, and the second half of the show really made me question the hype and expectations I had from the first few eps. Overall, pretty disappointed.
Jul 1, 2023 9:15 PM
Jan 2022
the anime season is amazing 😍😍😍 I love it . when Will be the next season. I can't wait.10/10
Jul 1, 2023 9:17 PM
Dec 2020
Everything is good but the animation is not even decent, if it had even dororo level animation it would've been fine.
Animation is the only aspects that im disappointed by.
After 4th episode, animation was bad , really bad.
Jul 1, 2023 9:21 PM

Oct 2017
The whole adaption feels soulless and kinda cheap at times.
Is not the worst adaptation , it just lack any form of ambition and creativity in their fight scene/ general choreography/ story telling.
Guess i'd start reading manga and decide if i should bother watching season 2 adaptation. 
This is actually some of the worst Mappa adaptation in recent year on battle shonen.
Jul 1, 2023 9:26 PM

Oct 2017
ryzxgum said:
first episode was an 8 for me, then changed to a 6 around episode 4, and then i changed it to a 5 after the last episode. very disappointing adaptation, made me bored ngl. not nearly as good as the manga.

Waitttt we're almost the same XD

Start with an 8, drop to 6 at ep 4 cuz Sagiri, then give it a 5 after the last episode.
Jul 1, 2023 10:08 PM

Jul 2012
6/10. It's ok. It's not up to Mappa's normal standards. I'm a bit perplexed why people seem to like it so much. I don't think there's much reason to be invested in a lot of the characters and I wouldn't be too upset if many of them died. Maybe the second cour will be better but compared to other shows this season I felt like this was very middle of the road. 
Jul 1, 2023 10:29 PM

Feb 2019
I’m not sure how I feel about it tbh. I’m having mixed signals. It’s pretty interesting at times and has cool atmosphere with nice mystery. But the pacing feels rather slow and I’m not feeling the characters and the whole power system. But it was entertaining non the less 5-6/10. 
Jul 1, 2023 10:53 PM
Aug 2021
I was exited after the 1st episode but it went downhill after that for me.I'll give it 6/10.I hope season 2 will be good
Jul 1, 2023 11:10 PM
Sep 2020
8/10. animation don't matter as long as it's not like ex arm
Jul 1, 2023 11:33 PM
Nov 2020
between mediocre and bad. gave it a 5/10 just for sagiri
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Jul 2, 2023 12:28 AM
Aug 2017
I gave it a 6/10. The fights were about an 8/10 but honestly the adaptation itself felt a little bit soul-less..
Jul 2, 2023 12:59 AM

Sep 2013
Beautiful but hollow, half the show was about backstories of people who died or will die soon

the other half's mystery was quickly killed by the godly things nonsense,

mappa did a good job but this is just not an interesting show for me, i will only watch the second season if people praise it like the sun.
Deep dark fantasies
Jul 2, 2023 2:00 AM

Oct 2020
it is an 8/10
interesting plot, interesting characters
animation and music was above average and the flaws were minimal but it did lack a kick for me. although I don't watch shounen anime but this was fun
Jul 2, 2023 4:26 AM

Aug 2020
Really divisive; for me it is a classic that will be praised by elitists in a couple of years. I enjoyed it, glad I watched while being released and watched the last one in the very day it released as well.

Jul 2, 2023 5:13 AM
May 2015
Maybe it's because I didn't read the manga, but for me it was a solid 8/10, I was very invested in all the characters and I liked how the show made me care about them even when some don't stick around for very long.
My candies:

Bonus candies:
Jul 2, 2023 5:16 AM

Jan 2009
i enjoyed more the manga to be honest im just watching the poor anime adaptation for the colors
Jul 2, 2023 5:29 AM

Jun 2016
very excellent for me !!

9/10 i give rating for this !!
Jul 2, 2023 5:31 AM

Jun 2017
Very promising in the beginning but nothing special in the end.
Jul 2, 2023 5:40 AM

Aug 2020
6/10 tho it was quite enjoyable. The lore is very interesting but the animation, action scenes, and storytelling could've been better.
Jul 2, 2023 5:59 AM
Jan 2017
IDani35 said:
Very promising in the beginning but nothing special in the end.
Same, last two episodes were meh, looks like they left the door open for part two(if there is one in the future). End of this season felt kinda anticlimactic.
Jul 2, 2023 3:22 PM

May 2021
9/10 for me, it was a really enjoyable watch but I’m not a manga reader so everything was new and super interesting 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2023

331 by Asturaetus »»
Sep 23, 10:25 AM

» Why are the animations so bad? ( 1 2 3 )

ScrewFiction - Aug 27, 2023

119 by OvergrownRover »»
Sep 11, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

243 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 9, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

313 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

361 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.