Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Why Episode 1(prologue) was so underwhelming for me- can I expect more for next ones?

New
Apr 16, 2023 1:26 AM
Oct 2021
About the time the manga was released in English, I learned about the anime coming soon. I managed to not get spoiler much, except the reincarnation which pretty much the synopsis revealed already. I went in blind about the rest of story, including the fact that this was a prologue. That being said, I wasn’t expecting to feel this much underwhelmed about the whole episode and worried what am I not seeing that rest of the fans see ( questioning if the fandom comes largely from kaguya sama)
I have edited the post to include the change in viewpoint after discussion.
Here are the points that I am critical about:

1. I do not often question realistic portrayal in anime( watching anime for 20 years will do that), but an idol, won’t have a personal manager is not possible. No matter how small the agency, President won’t drive the idol, organize meetings, handle backstage issues etc. Idols can’t hide their personal relationships from managers, not for long. Ai’s partner flying under radar seems too convenient. Where are the paparazzi in this whole situation. She disappeared to recuperate and no one started sniffing?
    Conclusion: Accepting this for the sake of plot progression and to eliminate certain possibilities of how the incident happened at the end of episode. 
  2. Brain may have past memory and cognizance of adult, body is too ? It’s more ridiculous than boss baby somehow. All adults readily accepting everything was too much for me. 
    Conclusion: People decided to go along with the genius babies, let's leave it at that. Even babies who has physical capabilities of full grown adults, this part made the show funny and won't be continuing in the next episodes.
  3. Dialogue heavy, like too much. Long dialogues that discuss and delve into harsh realities of idol industry, could have been cut short or demonstrated rather than using in monologues by Aqua. Was it supposed to be eye opening for viewers? Everyone knows how idol industry, heck most of entertainment industry works? Who thinks that entertainers are telling truth through their performance? It’s a comforting lie for everyone.
    Conclusion: I usually like dialogues in anime, but the monologues here were very long for one episode, or maybe the subject matter didn't engage me much that time. let's move on and see how rest of episodes go.
  4. How unprofessional everyone in the studio was being before Ai’s performance. And how everyone supposedly got mesmerized when she suddenly started singing. Seriously? Seemed like any other idol performance.
    Conclusion: Just suspend my disbelief and I am good to go from now on.
  5. Idol members are usually very close, often spending lot of time secluded together. None of the band members questioned the long absence? 
    Conclusion: Close as in close proximity, not friends or enemies in particular. Maybe they questioned and the agency shut them up so they decided to ignore.
  6. What’s the past story of doctor? He seemed awfully invested in idols in general, even before reincarnation and beyond just loving his oshi. Seemed to go on and on about how unfair idol industry is.
    Conclusion: After much discussion, I have to discard this point. I wish to know more about the doctors life though, it seemed severely empty before his obsession with Ai started.

Last but not the least, I will say I was not expecting

I rarely drop anime, and this has potential I believe. At least I am hoping for mystery or some twists to hook me in and keep me there. After waiting this long for this first episode, I don’t know what to do with my disappointment.
Conclusion: There are 12 more episodes to go I think for this season, I will see how my final feelings are on this show. In future I will not hype myself up for 6 months based on some manga reviews that I read, anime and manga are different medium anyway.
nushrathumairaApr 16, 2023 6:04 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 16, 2023 1:32 AM

Feb 2019
The anime is nothing like real life, Shockers!
Apr 16, 2023 1:36 AM

Aug 2020
when your second point comes down to "reincarnation is unrealistic" I have to hope you aren't being serious.
Call me Ren
Apr 16, 2023 1:36 AM
Jul 2020
Guess what? This is not for you! Good job! You can stop care and watch this show for good. Hope to not see you again in this show thread section. (Bruh, bro questioned the "realistic" part already showed how unfamiliar he is with anime. What a waste of time). PLS LOCK THIS THREAD, MAL.
Zac22Apr 16, 2023 1:41 AM
Apr 16, 2023 1:38 AM
Mar 2023
Reincarnation is unrealistic

Hindu people: dude wtf we do to you
Apr 16, 2023 1:40 AM

Jul 2021
I don't even believe in reincarnation but you questioning it happening in an anime just seems petty
also ur first point , every top idol has a manager it's always like that in anime, from perfect blue to idol master it's just how it is
Apr 16, 2023 1:45 AM
Mar 2022
1. Wish granted. Now the episode has been changed so that the paparazzi know everything. What now? The show never happens. Amazing job!

2. Yes. It's ridiculous that someone actually believes that God took over two children to talk to her. Here's a little secret - It's called comedy.

3. It isn't supposed to be a lesson on entertainment culture. Those dialogues are supposed to build Ai's character. The "lie" part might be true for the whole industry, but in the context of the episode, it was just about Ai.

4. That isn't unprofessionalism. They just don't care about who's performing. Not everyone likes their jobs. For the second point, that's a personal opinion (nothing to do with the show itself).

5. Refer to point 1. You have once more ended this whole show. Incredible job.

7. The show had about 15 minutes before he reincarnated. It might come as a surprise, but those 15 minutes apparently did tell us how and why he got into idol culture.
Apr 16, 2023 1:48 AM
May 2016
Feel free to drop it. I'm too lazy to explain why you are wrong in almost every points.
Apr 16, 2023 1:49 AM
Oct 2021
I was not expecting this much angry comments though, I genuinely thought someone would point out the good points, strategically.
I had to read my own post first, where did I say reincarnation is realistic or not. My points were about portrayal of idol industry.
Apr 16, 2023 1:53 AM

Apr 2020
Dont, do this Mistake.

This Anime started ok, it's nothing amazing but I still have hopes.

BUT NEVER try to question the Plot or Writing in Episode 1, especially not in Anime where most of the stuff doesn't makes sense anyway. 

Remember this Rule. Anime doesn't make sense and tend to explain stuff later. 
Apr 16, 2023 1:53 AM

Apr 2015
i haven't watch n probably will not watch it,but since this is just fiction,you just have to accept it
Apr 16, 2023 1:57 AM
Aug 2020
wow you must be bored if you wrote all of this for an anime you didn't like 😒
Apr 16, 2023 1:57 AM
Oct 2021
RandomPerson9348 said:
1. Wish granted. Now the episode has been changed so that the paparazzi know everything. What now? The show never happens. Amazing job!

2. Yes. It's ridiculous that someone actually believes that God took over two children to talk to her. Here's a little secret - It's called comedy.

3. It isn't supposed to be a lesson on entertainment culture. Those dialogues are supposed to build Ai's character. The "lie" part might be true for the whole industry, but in the context of the episode, it was just about Ai.

4. That isn't unprofessionalism. They just don't care about who's performing. Not everyone likes their jobs. For the second point, that's a personal opinion (nothing to do with the show itself).

7. The show had about 15 minutes before he reincarnated. It might come as a surprise, but those 15 minutes apparently did tell us how and why he got into idol culture.

Thank you for reading out the points at least, and give reply. Paparazzi didnt need to find out, they needed to question it, and social media needed to speculate it. That may have helped built up more. I didn’t realize the show mainly focused on comedy. I wasn’t referring to god taking over though, the later part of childrens growth.
I see what you mean by third point. It makes sense in the context, although less dialogue.
Doctor getting into idols wasnt what I was curious about, rather his invested thoughts on the behind the scene issues of idol industry. But I guess if someone cares about idols they would naturally end up thinking about it.
Apr 16, 2023 1:58 AM
Apr 2023
nushrathumaira said:
I was not expecting this much angry comments though, I genuinely thought someone would point out the good points, strategically.
I had to read my own post first, where did I say reincarnation is realistic or not. My points were about portrayal of idol industry.
it's called plot convenience genius, you portray things the way you want for your story and not how they exactly are. It's not a documentary to have an accurate portrayal of anything.
Apr 16, 2023 1:58 AM

Feb 2019
nushrathumaira said:
So i guess the portrayal of idol industry in the show is nothing like the reality you know and you're not happy about it.
I do wonder how come you know so much about the industry , seemingly more than the Author.

Apr 16, 2023 1:59 AM
Oct 2021
Resting_Bonfire said:
Dont, do this Mistake.

This Anime started ok, it's nothing amazing but I still have hopes.

BUT NEVER try to question the Plot or Writing in Episode 1, especially not in Anime where most of the stuff doesn't makes sense anyway. 

Remember this Rule. Anime doesn't make sense and tend to explain stuff later. 
that’s what I am hoping for. This is a successful manga and there may be more layers waiting to unfold.
Apr 16, 2023 2:00 AM
Oct 2021
Get_a_life_lol said:
nushrathumaira said:
it's called plot convenience genius, you portray things the way you want for your story and not how they exactly are. It's not a documentary to have an accurate portrayal of anything.
plot convenience makes for good story? That’s quite a low expectation to have.
Apr 16, 2023 2:06 AM
Mar 2022
nushrathumaira said:
RandomPerson9348 said:

Thank you for reading out the points at least, and give reply. Paparazzi didnt need to find out, they needed to question it, and social media needed to speculate it. That may have helped built up more. I didn’t realize the show mainly focused on comedy. I wasn’t referring to god taking over though, the later part of childrens growth.
I see what you mean by third point. It makes sense in the context, although less dialogue.
Doctor getting into idols wasnt what I was curious about, rather his invested thoughts on the behind the scene issues of idol industry. But I guess if someone cares about idols they would naturally end up thinking about it.

I personally think that the episode is an easy 10/10. Definitely one of the strongest openings to a show I've seen both creatively and technically. So sorry if I was being harsh before.

The reason they didn't let any of the paparazzi stuff affect the pregnancy story actually makes sense. Because if the internet was full of speculation regarding her, then it becomes a bit easy to argue that the stalker might have come through there. But because we have been shown that nobody suspected anything, the stalker becomes suspicious, and allows the father to come into the limelight.

As for the growth part, yes. Some of the stuff they do should be physically impossible. But at the same time, we aren't spending much time with them like that. It would've been annoying if the whole show was like that, but since it's just for what is a fraction of the run time of the whole show, it can be easily accepted through exaggerated drama and comedy to make the plot progression a bit easier.

I am a stickler for shows being realistic. But they should be realistic in their own universe. A certain amount of leniency for plot convenience must be given to let the main story and themes shine. If you forget about small complaints like that, it's hard to admit that the episode isn't the best opener to come out in a long time.
Apr 16, 2023 2:10 AM

Jun 2019
Nothing will ever satisfy you if I’m being honest.
Apr 16, 2023 2:11 AM
Mar 2022
nushrathumaira said:
Get_a_life_lol said:

One could argue that it totally does.

An easy example is Dragon Ball Z. It makes zero sense that Goku always takes ages to reach any fight, but somehow always manages to get there right before more than 1 of his friends dies. But who cares when his entries are absolute hype each time?

I don't like DBZ's story at all, but it's a fact that every one of Goku's fights create adrenaline and hype to a degree that's difficult to match. And I'm totally willing to accept any kind of plot convenience if I can get that. The same goes for any other show in their own way.
Apr 16, 2023 2:16 AM

Nov 2013
nushrathumaira said:
Regarding the spoiler. I'm not gonna spoil anything from the manga, I'll just keep it hidden like you:
Regarding your point #6. I think doctor made it clear that he got invested in Idols after meeting that sick girl who was obsessed with Ai. He's been doing research on them for 4 years before he died.
Apr 16, 2023 2:16 AM
Oct 2021
RandomPerson9348 said:
nushrathumaira said:

One could argue that it totally does.

An easy example is Dragon Ball Z. It makes zero sense that Goku always takes ages to reach any fight, but somehow always manages to get there right before more than 1 of his friends dies. But who cares when his entries are absolute hype each time?

I don't like DBZ's story at all, but it's a fact that every one of Goku's fights create adrenaline and hype to a degree that's difficult to match. And I'm totally willing to accept any kind of plot convenience if I can get that. The same goes for any other show in their own way.
I probably watched one episode of DBZ when I watched it on toonami, but I get what you mean , because most battle shounen does that. I like that too. Wouldn’t call it making a good story though, for me it will be setting up plots to demonstrate characters strength( or lack of strength) to get adrenaline rushing, but I get your point.
Apr 16, 2023 2:19 AM
Oct 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
nushrathumaira said:
Regarding the spoiler. I'm not gonna spoil anything from the manga, I'll just keep it hidden like you:
Regarding your point #6. I think doctor made it clear that he got invested in Idols after meeting that sick girl who was obsessed with Ai. He's been doing research on them for 4 years before he died.
I didn’t click on the spoiler , so hard to control myself, but it’s piqued my interest when you said the doctors interest comes partially from the sick girl, sarina. They may have lot more interactions that we get to see, which would explain what went on in doctors psyche and how he plans to go forward from this point on.
Apr 16, 2023 2:21 AM

Jul 2019
nushrathumaira said:

Takahiro Sakurai had +10 years of secret affair with someone else and his agency didn't know about it. Not the same industry but hey, it's not impossible for idol industry. You don't question reincarnation because well, it's anime. But you question something that might even happen in real life? sorry your main post sounds like a bait and if it's not, then it's stupid.
Apr 16, 2023 2:24 AM
Oct 2021
RandomPerson9348 said:
nushrathumaira said:

I personally think that the episode is an easy 10/10. Definitely one of the strongest openings to a show I've seen both creatively and technically. So sorry if I was being harsh before.

The reason they didn't let any of the paparazzi stuff affect the pregnancy story actually makes sense. Because if the internet was full of speculation regarding her, then it becomes a bit easy to argue that the stalker might have come through there. But because we have been shown that nobody suspected anything, the stalker becomes suspicious, and allows the father to come into the limelight.

As for the growth part, yes. Some of the stuff they do should be physically impossible. But at the same time, we aren't spending much time with them like that. It would've been annoying if the whole show was like that, but since it's just for what is a fraction of the run time of the whole show, it can be easily accepted through exaggerated drama and comedy to make the plot progression a bit easier.

I am a stickler for shows being realistic. But they should be realistic in their own universe. A certain amount of leniency for plot convenience must be given to let the main story and themes shine. If you forget about small complaints like that, it's hard to admit that the episode isn't the best opener to come out in a long time.
I believe it was a good choice to keep their being children in the prologue only, as you said too. Because I am more interested in how they go forward as adults in teen body from now on. And how they unfold the mystery and navigate world. As regular first episode it didn’t impress me, as a prologue of sorts, yes it was not bad.
Apr 16, 2023 2:25 AM
Apr 2023
nushrathumaira said:
Get_a_life_lol said:
having expectations of realistic depiction of everything in an anime now are we? Kindof high expectations to have.

Oh no why didn't the social media in oshi no know universe make a big fuss about the 2 infants dancing like pros with glow sticks for an year or 2 like in real world?
Author: If we put them in spotlight like that the plot won't pr......
Random person: NOOOO WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR PLOT, HAVE A PROPER DEPICTION OF REAL LIFE EVEN ITS AN ANIMEE😭😭

besides every story you see in anime will have such convenient plot holes , if you start questioning everything then there isn't any anime without such plot holes that are convenient for the story. You just ignore when it comes to your favorite anime that's all.

Besides we don't know how paparazzi scums work in Japan do we? It might be a different since Japan has so much importance for privacy and all.

If plot convenience didn't make a good story then there isn't any good story in anime.
Apr 16, 2023 2:26 AM

Nov 2013
nushrathumaira said:
I didn’t click on the spoiler
I'm not spoiling anything though. I'm using spoiler tags if someone who hasn't seen episode 1 decides to read this thread for some reason. You're safe to look at it.
nushrathumaira said:
but it’s piqued my interest when you said the doctors interest comes partially from the sick girl,
This happens early in the episode when the female doctor questions MC's obsession with idols. In flashback with the sickly girl we see that doctor wasn't interested AT ALL with idols. The girl planted this seed in him and when she died the doctor (as he said himself) decided to invest his time in Idols and Ai in particular, because the now-dead sickly girl wanted to watch Ai grow. The doctor decided to watch over Ai in her place.
Apr 16, 2023 2:30 AM
Oct 2019
Easy answer, this show isn't for your taste.
Apr 16, 2023 2:32 AM
Oct 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
nushrathumaira said:
I didn’t click on the spoiler
I'm not spoiling anything though. I'm using spoiler tags if someone who hasn't seen episode 1 decides to read this thread for some reason. You're safe to look at it.
nushrathumaira said:
but it’s piqued my interest when you said the doctors interest comes partially from the sick girl,
This happens early in the episode when the female doctor questions MC's obsession with idols. In flashback with the sickly girl we see that doctor wasn't interested AT ALL with idols. The girl planted this seed in him and when she died the doctor (as he said himself) decided to invest his time in Idols and Ai in particular, because the now-dead sickly girl wanted to watch Ai grow. The doctor decided to watch over Ai in her place.
rewatched the beginning again. Thanks for pointing that out.
Apr 16, 2023 2:32 AM
Apr 2020
nushrathumaira said:
Get_a_life_lol said:

Then don’t watch anime. Caso Cerrado 👩‍⚖️
Apr 16, 2023 2:33 AM
Oct 2021
Get_a_life_lol said:
nushrathumaira said:
having expectations of realistic depiction of everything in an anime now are we? Kindof high expectations to have.

Oh no why didn't the social media in oshi no know universe make a big fuss about the 2 infants dancing like pros with glow sticks for an year or 2 like in real world?
Random person: NOOOO WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR PLOT, HAVE A PROPER DEPICTION OF REAL LIFE EVEN ITS AN ANIMEE😭😭

besides every story you see in anime will have such convenient plot holes , if you start questioning everything then there isn't any anime without such plot holes that are convenient for the story. You just ignore when it comes to your favorite anime that's all.

Besides we don't know how paparazzi scums work in Japan do we? It might be a different since Japan has so much importance for privacy and all.

If plot convenience didn't make a good story then there isn't any good story in anime.
not trying to provoke, just genuinely curious, you decide an anime is favorite with only one episode out?
Apr 16, 2023 2:36 AM

Oct 2021
Nope, if you're being this critical to the first episode then it's not worth it to keep watching.
Apr 16, 2023 2:42 AM
Apr 2023
nushrathumaira said:
Get_a_life_lol said:

not trying to provoke, just genuinely curious, you decide an anime is favorite with only one episode out?
it isn't my favorite and it'll never be but i like the episode and the premise of the story enough to not spread hate on plot holes which are an essence when it comes to writing fictional stories.
Let me rephrase my sentence every anime hell every piece of fiction has plot holes , you just ignore them in stories you like or are heavily invested in.
Apr 16, 2023 2:48 AM
Oct 2021
NECOdes said:
nushrathumaira said:

Takahiro Sakurai had +10 years of secret affair with someone else and his agency didn't know about it. Not the same industry but hey, it's not impossible for idol industry. You don't question reincarnation because well, it's anime. But you question something that might even happen in real life? sorry your main post sounds like a bait and if it's not, then it's stupid.
Not exactly what we are discussing here, but affairs in Japan are received bit differently than rest of the world, be in entertainment industry or others, and if being done by male entertainer. If you look more into the newspaper articles like on higashide affair etc. you will see that it is not that grave matter, certainly not as teen idol pregnancy. I am not asking for completely realistic portrayal, but we are being made to look into the harsh realities of idol industry, through the life of Ai. We are expected to sympathize with the circumstances as seen through eyes of Aqua and Ruby. Also, do people actually make long posts as bait, and even reply to comments? I was expecting more manga readers to come through in the discussion. Either way, I very rarely drop anime and not on first episode so I will see more of idol industry issues I suppose.
Apr 16, 2023 2:49 AM

Jul 2015
What the actual fcuk did I just read...
I've seen some desperate nitpicking before, but this is something else.
You are either arguing with well established logic in all anime or something that was actually explained and made perfect sense.
Ai is NOT a typical idol and show goes out of it's way to convey that, yet your problem with her is that "idols usually act differently"?
PiromyslApr 16, 2023 10:02 AM

Apr 16, 2023 2:55 AM
Oct 2021
Get_a_life_lol said:
nushrathumaira said:
it isn't my favorite and it'll never be but i like the episode and the premise of the story enough to not spread hate on plot holes which are an essence when it comes to writing fictional stories.
Let me rephrase my sentence every anime hell every piece of fiction has plot holes , you just ignore them in stories you like or are heavily invested in.
I agree, every fiction has plot holes, even history has holes as it is often changed or rewritten. I don’t ignore plot holes , even in the ones I like. I don’t enjoy the plot holes, maybe they are not even plot holes just difference in story telling or execution. Because I don’t enjoy I found it “underwhelming “ as said in my original post. I do like to think more about stories that I am interested in though, thus I posted in the forum to discuss.
Apr 16, 2023 2:56 AM
Sep 2021
i like how basically no one bothers to counter his points

such good fans
Apr 16, 2023 3:02 AM

Jun 2021
Trying to be different so hard smh. Well,keep going.
Apr 16, 2023 3:04 AM
Oct 2020
Glad I dropped it, because it kinda sucked just after 1 episode like aways.

Chibireviews doesn't know when to shup up and promotes all the garbage.
Apr 16, 2023 3:09 AM
Jul 2020
Saimatsu_Fan said:

such good fans

i like how you ignored several people who actually counter the points and start criticizing the whole community. good going
Apr 16, 2023 3:12 AM
Apr 2021
Bro if you don’t like it simply don’t watch it, it’s ok you’re not forced to watch this bc it’s the hot topic rn just do you and enjoy yourself
Apr 16, 2023 3:16 AM
Sep 2021
SATAN19 said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

such good fans

i like how you ignored several people who actually counter the points and start criticizing the whole community. good going

you mean how 90% of the people are like : " um this isn't for you bro " and " you're just trolling " ?

give me a break
Apr 16, 2023 3:17 AM
Jul 2018
it was AMAZING just SHUT UP
Apr 16, 2023 3:30 AM

Jul 2019
nushrathumaira said:
If you look more into the newspaper articles like on higashide affair etc. you will see that it is not that grave matter, certainly not as teen idol pregnancy.

That's another matter, and I pointed that there are differences between their industries, and VAs aren't idolized the same as idols. Higashide's case just proves my point, it's possible to hide this kind of relationship but not maintaining it. Just like Ai's case, that was speculated either way.

nushrathumaira said:
I am not asking for completely realistic portrayal

But you are, not every aspect of a story should be realistic to understand the core message of it. Is Love Live completely realistic? Is Idolm@ster completely realistic? Is Sono Bisque-doll entirely realistic? Even school drama genre anime hardly touch the real parts of Japanese school system problems. Anime that revolves around bullying, anime that is about filmmaking, etc... They don't need to comply with every single realistic points in order to deliver their message. Specially for a show that has "Supernatural" genre. You're exactly asking for a realistic portrayal.

nushrathumaira said:
Also, do people actually make long posts as bait, and even reply to comments? I was expecting more manga readers to come through in the discussion

Longer posts are the best type of baits, replying the comments makes the bait even better.
Apr 16, 2023 3:33 AM

Jul 2019
Stardust2011 said:
Glad I dropped it, because it kinda sucked just after 1 episode like aways.

Chibireviews doesn't know when to shup up and promotes all the garbage.

imagine watching Chibireviews
Apr 16, 2023 3:34 AM
Jan 2022
If you're looking for that kind of realism then this just isnt for you, but I agree with your points about the dialogue. Most anime are pretty bad in that regard but it was pretty distracting how exposition heavy it was, especially that last scene of Ai and the stalker felt very heavy handed
Apr 16, 2023 3:35 AM
Mar 2023
*angry comment time*

im too lazy to actually give you answers but you just offended a whole lot of religion lolololol 

btw this anime > over all your favorites
Apr 16, 2023 3:43 AM
Oct 2021
NECOdes said:
nushrathumaira said:
If you look more into the newspaper articles like on higashide affair etc. you will see that it is not that grave matter, certainly not as teen idol pregnancy.

That's another matter, and I pointed that there are differences between their industries, and VAs aren't idolized the same as idols. Higashide's case just proves my point, it's possible to hide this kind of relationship but not maintaining it. Just like Ai's case, that was speculated either way.

nushrathumaira said:
I am not asking for completely realistic portrayal

But you are, not every aspect of a story should be realistic to understand the core message of it. Is Love Live completely realistic? Is Idol master completely realistic? Is Sono Bisque-doll entirely realistic? Even school drama genre anime hardly touch the real parts of Japanese school system problems. Anime that revolves around bullying, anime that is about filmmaking, etc... They don't need to comply with every single realistic points to deliver their message. Specially for a show that has "Supernatural" genre. You're exactly asking for a realistic portrayal.

nushrathumaira said:
Also, do people actually make long posts as bait, and even reply to comments? I was expecting more manga readers to come through in the discussion

Longer posts are the best type of baits, replying the comments makes the bait even better.

I do see somehow my pointing out a list of criticism would make anyone think I am asking for realism in every part. I wasn’t though, specially because I knew it has supernatural theme, but when they started portraying idol circumstances, it brought more reality than I expected. Frankly speaking, to understand the core message we probably need to see the whole thing through.
As for bait posts, I didn’t have much idea. I read posts more in manga forums than anime. I post when I want to discuss with others, the reason why I joined MAL after not having an account for so long. I don’t see the fun in bait posts either, maybe some do.
Apr 16, 2023 3:46 AM
Mar 2022
very slight spoilers to the manga

i have to completly disagree: 1 the doctors backstory and why he loves idols is explaint in the first episode and also covert a little bit more later on in the story
I also think you have no idea how actual showbizz works because even tho i cant say a lot about the movie production (wich in the part of the anime we saw so far was mostly small indi productions) i am in a bizz covert later in the story and have to say its pretty much realistic (atleast for that part) compared to my experience even tho slightly exaggarated.
the thing with idols is exactly what the story tells you about pretty lies just because a few girls are to getter in a small group and spend a lot of time because of work dose t make them automaticly friends or dosent make it so they get good along thogether in reality sure some are gonna like each other or get along decently but theres also always gonna be hatred and envy between group members.
Now about the manager sure its not usual for a manager to drive an idol around and co but it is pretty realistic. first if she wants to keep her romance secret its probaly not gonna be very hard for her. Also if you are the manager and one of your idols gets pregnant wich could destroy your whole small company then you bet you driver her around personaly as to not let any of your employs find out because s we saw with his wife it is tempting to just sell that Information for a lot of money.
The scenen where ai gets stabed is in my opinion has a decent length and the conversation with the guy is just a bizzare reaction from her but thats the whole thing getting stabbed is a pretty bizzare senario.
Apr 16, 2023 3:47 AM
Aug 2022
there's no way you're being serious

also tl;dr
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular? ( 1 2 )

Mattenan - May 31

56 by Shazid_02 »»
Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

870 by FaethyvveIcye »»
Jun 2, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Best girl war oshi no ko

Praveen05 - Jun 14, 2023

5 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 2, 5:06 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.