Forums
New
Feb 9, 2023 12:10 AM

Jul 2021
Other than the CGI of course because that's a very obvious choice
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 9, 2023 12:15 AM
Dec 2019
No idea what everyone is complaining about, the adaption in general was more than fine. Couldn't have imagined a better adaption
Feb 9, 2023 12:17 AM
Sep 2021
Hated u ask? There were nothing to hate, absolutely loved the whole adaptation.
Feb 9, 2023 12:20 AM
Sep 2022
Absolutely nothing

Apr 2021
There was pretty much nothing to hate, apart from a bit of unpolished cuts here and there like the rotational walking shots the blending on those were awful. I guess going with a novel approach has its downsides, but the rest of it was amazing
Jun 2022
I dont get why people hate the adaptation lmao
Feb 9, 2023 12:22 AM

Oct 2014
Not just the adaptation but CSM as a series is boring and does nothing for me, I skimmed through the manga and no i don't see the appeal of this series.
It's Morbin' Time!
Feb 9, 2023 12:28 AM
Jul 2022
There were some things like expressions and direction. But for anime onlys, it was a perfect adaptation. Personally, for me, I didn't really feel the gore. And the choreography could've been better. That's all. It was a good adaptation overall. Manga readers will always think that it wasn't great, because everything in the manga isn't followed perfectly.

The S1 actually looks overhyped. The reason behind it can be that it was a 12 ep series. I think that was a mistake. Cuz it was hyped by the manga readers mostly cuz of future chapters, where the real shit actually begins. Only 12 eps couldn't cover it. Hopefully S2 will make people realise that the hype was actually deserved?
Feb 9, 2023 12:28 AM
Apr 2022
it was one of the best adaptations ever. if you wanna see a bad adaptation watch Lucifer and the biscuit hammer.
Feb 9, 2023 12:30 AM
Jul 2021
I wouldn't say I necessarily hate the anime but I definitely prefer the manga and have 2 main complaints with the anime. 1 some of the humour was lost in favour or a more serious, gloomy & grimey direction and mood for the manga. Secondly the worst part for me is that it's only 12 episodes. If it was 24 it would've fit the whole first part of the manga perfectly rather than ending it awkwardly half way. I think a lot more people would've liked csm if the anime covered the whole first part since all the best bits from it are in the second half.
Jul 2021
Why has it become a trend to hate on the animation? Animators are already overworked and underpaid as it is, they don’t need you to add to their stress by putting down their hard work.

Jan 2020
The thing I hated most about this adaptation are the people nitpicking the smallest things and using that as a reason to hate on the adaptation.
Feb 9, 2023 12:32 AM
Feb 2015
the more realistic style made a lot of the humor not land or just straight up be omitted
Feb 9, 2023 12:38 AM
Feb 2021
Slow paced,saturated color scheme,low amount of episodes and drawn out scenes. Chainsaw man is known for being very fast paced, fun, and energetic so for the director to make this a slow, depressing looking show while animating only the first major arc where it start getting good just makes the adaptation. The director is trying so hard to make this realistic,sad and deep for some reason chainsaw man isn't realistic this is the same show that has a guy that makes chainsaw come out of his arms!!! The slice of life scenes are so drawn like i don't care about Aki morning routine and why do have to show me himeno trying to screw Dennis for two long scenes two episodes in a row????
Feb 9, 2023 12:45 AM

May 2021
I do not hate the adaptation. Enjoyed very much.
wojo1Feb 9, 2023 12:50 AM
Feb 9, 2023 12:45 AM
May 2020
The people bitching about it.
Feb 9, 2023 12:47 AM
Apr 2020
maninred213 said:
Slow paced,saturated color scheme,low amount of episodes and drawn out scenes. Chainsaw man is known for being very fast paced, fun, and energetic so for the director to make this a slow, depressing looking show while animating only the first major arc where it start getting good just makes the adaptation. The director is trying so hard to make this realistic,sad and deep for some reason chainsaw man isn't realistic this is the same show that has a guy that makes chainsaw come out of his arms!!! The slice of life scenes are so drawn like i don't care about Aki morning routine and why do have to show me himeno trying to screw Dennis for two long scenes two episodes in a row????

idk, that exact points made me love the adaptation. manga was like 7-8. That serious "western" style was smth i have never seen before in anime, long expositions, coffee routine made action parts more enjoyable. Speaking about color scheme idk, manga is black and white man.
Feb 9, 2023 12:56 AM
Mar 2021
unless you hated the manga don't know why you'd hate the adaptation
Feb 9, 2023 1:01 AM
Feb 2021
I hope they don't ruin Reze
Feb 9, 2023 1:01 AM
Feb 2021
BabyJezuz said:
maninred213 said:

idk, that exact points made me love the adaptation. manga was like 7-8. That serious "western" style was smth i have never seen before in anime, long expositions, coffee routine made action parts more enjoyable. Speaking about color scheme idk, manga is black and white man.

Im pretty sure most people that have read the manga would think that the anime should look colorful especially looking at the volume covers like ,Chainsaw man isn't serious all the time so to have the anime be depressing at all times makes the vibe just weird, the manga can go from funny, exciting,horrifying to serious and sad, but the anime just feels sad all the time like i said the director is trying a little bit to hard to make this serious and depresing when it's isn't all the time. I understand you might like the drawn out scenes but that for me it just doesn't fit Chainsaw man especially a whole 3min long routine of Aki doing random thing or some character staring at a window, the fights aren't very good the only good one is the bat devil fight which the least important fight story wise.
Feb 9, 2023 1:04 AM
Aug 2022
i have no idea and cant understand why they so overreact and hate it
Feb 9, 2023 1:07 AM
Oct 2019
for me the lack of personalization. compared to the manga the anime feel like clunky and robotics which break my immersion. compared to any of their other works I can't really tell it's from Mappa as I don't feel their touch in this one which is ironic.
Feb 9, 2023 1:11 AM
May 2021
i didn't like the CGI I wanted JJK type animation but i didn't hate it tho
Feb 9, 2023 1:15 AM
Mar 2022
Nothing, I don't think there were even any missteps. Just a solid adaptation all around. CG was occasionally noticeable, but not glaring or awkward looking. Hell, there's probably a ton of CG that you didn't catch
Feb 9, 2023 1:20 AM
May 2022
directing was off
Feb 9, 2023 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
They should've went with 26 episodes instead of 12, dialed down some of the action to develop story pacing and delivery.  If this happened, they probably would've finished part one in it's entirety instead of this weird limbo that season one ended in.
Feb 9, 2023 1:28 AM

Jul 2020
Lack of facial expressions. The "comedy" moment was very awkward because of the so called "cinematic direction".
It should've been just like any other Anime. I understand why the Japanese fans hate it.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 9, 2023 1:34 AM

Jan 2023
When it comes to the adaptation there's nothing to complain about it's great, I believe it's how the episodes doesn't get you into the anime more than the animation

Profile   ●   Website

Feb 9, 2023 1:34 AM
Sep 2021
I still don't get it why people hate cgi, in my opinion it makes better the anime and if someone wouldn't tell me it was used cgi I wouldn't "notice"
Feb 9, 2023 1:37 AM
Jan 2014
Literally nothing, why are you people still trolling it got old months ago
Feb 9, 2023 1:50 AM
Jun 2022
on God I have no idea why people hate it fr
Feb 9, 2023 1:50 AM
May 2022
I didn't hate anything except the cgi in 1st ep
Feb 9, 2023 1:55 AM
Aug 2022
the CGI only in starting eps and the fact they put in too much effort and resources to give it a cinematic feel
Feb 9, 2023 1:56 AM
Jul 2022
Nothing the adaptation is good besides this season is mid.
Feb 9, 2023 1:58 AM

Apr 2022
absolutely nothing, CG included.
Feb 9, 2023 2:00 AM
Nov 2022
People regarding the ratings based on the manga.
Feb 9, 2023 2:06 AM
Nov 2021
DarkLeafNinja said:
Not just the adaptation but CSM as a series is boring and does nothing for me, I skimmed through the manga and no i don't see the appeal of this series.

Have you considered the fact you don’t like it because you just skimmed through the manga????
Feb 9, 2023 2:18 AM
Feb 2021

maninred213 said:
you summarised everything perfectly how I felt about this show, director was overconfident with its product thinking its highly intellectual scorsese drama & bought into its own hype created by echo chambers of twitter who think chainsaw man is some high art, when its shallow without any substance & subtext. it neeeded style over substance which it completely lacked.

Feb 9, 2023 2:18 AM

Aug 2022
Art style. It's just too boring. I guess you can't replicate the mangas rough art in anime format, unless you actually care about what you're adapting and care enough to extend the deadline, use more resources and try to make something Innovative instead of prioritizing profit and delivering a generic shonen with 0 originality. Good thing CSM is incredible on its own and doesn't need all this innovation in animation. So can't really blame MAPPA, we all know they're just a mid mass-production studio after all.😊
Feb 9, 2023 2:19 AM

Feb 2022
Most hated thing about this is that your mom gave birth to you. :(
Feb 9, 2023 2:28 AM

Dec 2021
why are people hating so much lmao the adaptation was very good, I personally like the Western style used
Feb 9, 2023 2:28 AM
Oct 2021
Seems like you're just nitpicking.
Feb 9, 2023 2:39 AM
May 2022
I think chainsaw man animation is good but the problem is story chainsaw man is so simple like every one is chainsaw man have suffer something bad in life no one's life is perfect or good and the adaptation follow this simple story if you compare the chainsawan man adaptation with jujutsu Kaisen what difference you will you see .In jjk adaptation you will see more colours ,more energy in characters I am going to give a example like you AOT Wit Studio animation vs Mappa Aot animation. In my opinion this is bad decision to aired 12 episode in Chainsaw Man is not about the fan opinion I think 🤔 if chainsaw 1st season have 24 ep then probably chainsaw man is going to more successful and we cannot do this discussion .
Feb 9, 2023 2:45 AM

Nov 2020
the toxic fandom

(i didn't had problem with the adaptation but i never was a big fan, so i didn't cared about it that much, maybe that's why)
Feb 9, 2023 2:47 AM
May 2022
character facial expressions and direction
Feb 9, 2023 2:49 AM
Jul 2021
attidzh said:
I wouldn't say I necessarily hate the anime but I definitely prefer the manga and have 2 main complaints with the anime. 1 some of the humour was lost in favour or a more serious, gloomy & grimey direction and mood for the manga. Secondly the worst part for me is that it's only 12 episodes. If it was 24 it would've fit the whole first part of the manga perfectly rather than ending it awkwardly half way. I think a lot more people would've liked csm if the anime covered the whole first part since all the best bits from it are in the second half.

You mean 24 eps is enough to cover the 100+ chapters in the first part? No it won’t. It needs closer to 36 eps. It adapted the intro arc which is completely fine. Next season is where csm actually gets good
Feb 9, 2023 3:09 AM
Jan 2023
terrible action, slow pacing, failed to emulate the vibe of the manga, no hype moments, denji is shit mc (felt less shit in manga), terrible action that wasted animation budget (the first fight in order to save power was just unnecessary sakuga for no reason, katana man sword dash was jank and didn't work well, the conclusion to the final fight were denji cuts him with his feet was garbage), cg, bland artstyle, removed the comedy which in turn removed all the charm the manga had, not to mention the comedy is the only redeeming factor later in the story where the writing becomes shit, makimas va didn't fit, aki having an emotional moment mid fight for and the enemy sitting there watching when she could be killing him, dialogue was terrible should have been more quick and witty, ost was terrible, took its self way to seriously, should have been 24 episodes.
Thats all i can think of off the top of my head, probably a few other stuff i missed.

Feb 9, 2023 3:10 AM
Apr 2022
I absolutely loathed the CGI. It tainted an otherwise beautiful piece of media (I am referring strictly to the animation, mind you; the story is a dumpster fire). I hated it every time I could tell CGI was used, because it was so obvious. Mappa is desperately trying to ride on Sunrise’s coattails…and failing.

Horribly.

They should’ve gone for less detail and more stylized animations for the action. But well, that is where the problem starts and never gets resolved: the director wanted realism. And what we got was CGI. And the sole reason I despise this slightly more than the story is because IF they had went for more stylized/expressive but less realistic animations, it probably would’ve did wonders for the popularity of the anime/made the story more enjoyable. Like the thing about JJK, Naruto, and hell, even AOT is that they all have those moments where they laugh at themselves through the animation. They have random, off the wall animations that make you take a step back and laugh: yes, this is an anime after all. So you enjoy it all the more. But Chainsaw Man didn’t want you to laugh at all. It wanted you to take it seriously. And judging by the BD sales, I think the opposite happened where people got seriously bored.
thunderkitten13Feb 9, 2023 3:20 AM
Feb 9, 2023 3:13 AM
Apr 2022
Ari_Beary said:
Why has it become a trend to hate on the animation? Animators are already overworked and underpaid as it is, they don’t need you to add to their stress by putting down their hard work.

Nobody is criticizing the animators. It’s all against Mappa for being greedy and biting off more than they can chew, and dumping it on the animators.
Feb 9, 2023 3:14 AM
Sep 2021
Not hate, but I didn't like some of the fights, not because of cgi which for me was ok, it was because of the pacing, in the manga I always felt like the fight were fast paced with denji moving around a lot
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

861 by Laszek_ditlax »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1145 by Laszek_ditlax »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2656 by Laszek_ditlax »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 7, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1017 by RafaKojiro »»
Jun 6, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.