Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2022 9:20 PM
Feb 2017
I’ve seen lots of people praising this season as “the best” and “peak” of Kaguya, but have people forgotten how the beginning was kind of rough, adapting the worst chapters of the series? Outside of rap and cultural, this season’s comedy wasn’t the strongest as past seasons were. However, since it ended super strong, are people just forgetting the start and only remembering the ending as if it represented the whole season?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 25, 2022 9:22 PM

Jul 2021
Maybe the confession arc was the most anticipated part of the whole season? That's from what I can tell lol but agreed with the weak 1st half.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 25, 2022 9:23 PM

May 2020
& this is why i think 2nd season is still the best season.

3rd season had the best episode but that doesnt mean it had a good season overall.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 25, 2022 9:27 PM
Apr 2018
The first half contained the most consistent batch of episodes, the second half had episodes that were clearly better than others. But that honestly doesn't detract anything from the show, it's still a strong 9/10.
Jun 25, 2022 9:28 PM
May 2021
i wouldn't say weak start.
i still throughly enjoyed the beginning of season 3 as much as season 1&2 .It's just that the confession arc took it to a whole other level.
TLDR : Weak start isn't a thing, it was just the usual Kaguya sama.
Also shout out to epsiode 5
Jun 25, 2022 9:30 PM
Nov 2019
The recency bias is strong with this one
Jun 25, 2022 9:36 PM

May 2021
The start wasnt weak,it just wasnt strong
Jun 25, 2022 9:40 PM

May 2021
MegaStride said:
KP_SENSEI said:
The start wasnt weak,it just wasnt strong

It was weak in terms of Kaguya’s standard. The other seasons didn’t have these kinds of issues.

There was no need for it to be extremely melodramatic from the start,it was slow development,never boring,just not extremely arresting
Jun 25, 2022 9:50 PM

Jun 2021
MegaStride said:
I’ve seen lots of people praising this season as “the best” and “peak” of Kaguya, but have people forgotten how the beginning was kind of rough, adapting the worst chapters of the series? Outside of rap and cultural, this season’s comedy wasn’t the strongest as past seasons were. However, since it ended super strong, are people just forgetting the start and only remembering the ending as if it represented the whole season?

It wasn't a weak start,it was different than the other seasons coz of the development and build up to this peak season finale. It was thoroughly consistent and S3 is the best season so far,deal with it
Jun 25, 2022 9:51 PM
Feb 2017
_cybersadist_ said:

It wasn't a weak start,it was different than the other seasons coz of the development and build up to this peak season finale

The jokes were what I was talking about?
Jun 25, 2022 9:54 PM

Jun 2021
MegaStride said:
_cybersadist_ said:

It wasn't a weak start,it was different than the other seasons coz of the development and build up to this peak season finale

The rap episode and the karaoke sequence were two of the best things out of the franchise so what's your point? The only weaker aspect in comedy regard was Shirogane trying to make Ishigami and Iino friends.
Jun 25, 2022 9:56 PM
Nov 2021
While I STONGLY AGREE to this, I will honestly only deduct 1 point out of it.
The start was really strong tho, like the first 3 eps. Where the pacing kinda falls off is like ep4-5 or sth and is a bit out of place. Despite that, the peak point ending is just too good I'm still giving the show a 9/10 anyways like really.
Jun 25, 2022 10:00 PM

Aug 2020
Wym by a weak start honestly it’s started off strong and by the end it felt kind of weak, and that last episode… not trying to put shame on the anime adaptation but I liked the fan dub on YouTube better.
Jun 25, 2022 10:22 PM

May 2021
Yes, but that happens to any anime. It doesn't matter, if they think that this is the best season because of how strong and important the ending is then it is a valid perspective. I also disagree with the first episodes being the weakest, I think that the weakest ones were the ones at the start of the festival arc, but probably because I dont watch this anime for the plot lmao

Jun 25, 2022 10:23 PM
Jan 2022
MegaStride said:

I'm also those people who think the start of the series is pretty weak, but once i rewatched the series just before the finale, i realized that that's not the case. Not only that, the series is actually fast paced and crammed a lot of plotpoints in such a short amount of time and I'm suprised how everything still goes to place despite how the progression of the series is all over the place.
Jun 25, 2022 10:36 PM
May 2021
Ok ok we get it you don't like that so many people are praising this season don't need to copy paste the same post in every thread.And the "weak start" you are taking about I will gladly watch those episode instead any of the show airing right now yes those episode are not the peak of kaguya sama but those are still good I wasn't bored for a single second watching this season.
Jun 25, 2022 10:45 PM
May 2020
Lol no it started great, just as other seasons, it's very love is war. Idk what makes season 2 much of difference on the usual episodes ?
Jun 25, 2022 10:57 PM

Sep 2021
MegaStride said:

nah comedy is objective
for me i laughed every episode and this season managed to balance comedy and emotion and characters equally and they did it well
you ignorant mf, you only say weak starting because your baby brain wasn't able to take in the fact that the anime is setting up a drastic change of tone
go cry about it fmabtard
Jun 25, 2022 11:03 PM
Dec 2020
This season was never bad though. It was always at worst an 8/10 and slowly gets better near the end.
Jun 25, 2022 11:05 PM
Jan 2022
MegaStride said:
You said Comedy was not good in starting episodes but Did u check the title of this Season?..See you are right that comedy was not that gud but u should know that This Season was not about comedy but about ULTRA ROMANTIC..Most of the time,this season didnt even try to make jokes as focus was on romance.If u had watched this season with season title in mind u would have enjoyed it more.Also one of the reasons why this season got high rating is because All the Fanbase from beginning of this series had been waiting for that Final Confession and A1 Pictures truly went out all for that scene..It can be considered as ending for this whole series and They 200% Nailed this Ending
Jun 25, 2022 11:20 PM
May 2021
I honestly don’t think the first half was weak at all. This was my favourite season yet already by the end of the first half.
Jun 25, 2022 11:26 PM
Feb 2018
IMO this season has been the best so far, since the start. IDK why it just felt like everything clicked. While S1 and S2 had highes and lows.
Jun 25, 2022 11:27 PM
Aug 2019
yall must be high if you thought it had a mid start
Jun 25, 2022 11:40 PM
Nov 2020
I don't agree, i really liked the beginning, by the way, the rap episode was what i was most looking forward to because i found it quite funny and had a lot of meaning, especially for a specific characyer that will be working more in the future
Jun 26, 2022 12:10 AM
Nov 2021
It made it to the top #1 with 9.16 rating.
Jun 26, 2022 12:13 AM
Jun 2021
MegaStride said:

nah bro the first half was great we get to see usual students council stuff, the rap episode is enough to say it's the first half was great so stop making these useless threads

Even without the confession episode the whole season is solid 8.5~9
Jun 26, 2022 12:22 AM

Nov 2021
idk the first half was good the rest just feels off.........
Jun 26, 2022 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think this season started weak episode 2 and 5 are some of my favorite episodes of the whole series and the last episode is peak
removed-userJun 26, 2022 12:42 AM
Jun 26, 2022 12:40 AM

May 2020
the sequel effect will always have later seasons higher rated, so anyone trying to use the score as an indication of quality is just ignorant
Jun 26, 2022 1:11 AM
May 2019
Yeah this season is pretty weak and the confession too was underwhelming for me, I really don't get all this nonsense peak fiction praise
Jun 26, 2022 1:16 AM
Jun 2021
Weak Start + Best ending =

Steins Gate
FMAB

but I disagree in kaguya sama case.

Miko listening to camel and construction sound for soothing, wrestling match, karaoke with hayasaka, papa shirogane scenes, rap. Each episode was full of comedy except one. It might be ep 7 maybe. The preparation for festival episode.

Kaguya motivating ishigami to score higher in exam is also in the start I believe. These are my favorite moments in anime.

Maki introduction was also great.
Jun 26, 2022 1:49 AM

Nov 2019
It's slightly weaker than second season, but that's the fault of the chapters being adapted, more than anything else. People gonna ride hype, you can just ignore it and move on.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jun 26, 2022 2:17 AM

Mar 2020
Here are some people piss with rating 🤦
I just want to ask them what will thry get by downvoting and spreading hate ?
Do you want attention?

Seiba Supremacy 🛐
Jun 26, 2022 2:18 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Start was strong and it only got better and better.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Jun 26, 2022 2:27 AM
Mar 2021
MegaStride said:

probably the beginning was rough for you but for most it was still good, just look episode ratings on imdb and you will get why people think it tis peak kaguya sama

and also look at fmab it had a terrible beginning that I even dropped it but it just got better and better with every episode and then the climax occurs and now fmab is in my top 3
Jun 26, 2022 3:50 AM
Mar 2021
I disagree I felt it was strong all the way through justifying its high rating
Jun 26, 2022 4:03 AM
Mar 2021
People always fall for recency bias. Just look at 86 part 2 - great season in a great series, but most people agreed it was weaker than part 1 in the story because of the concept of it and how it progressed, but then the last 2 episodes got everyone saying it was a masterpiece. Those episodes were really, really good, but it is at least partially due to recency bias that people considered the entire season a masterpiece.
Jun 26, 2022 4:06 AM
Nov 2018
MegaStride said:

I strongly disagree, the start of the season was a good adaptation of very strong chapters
Jun 26, 2022 6:05 AM
Sep 2016
MegaStride said:
I mean, that's exactly what happened with the Entertainment District Arc of Demon Slayer. It had one of the most boring and unfunny first few episodes, but because the last few episodes had a very well animated fight, people remember the season as a whole more fondly and rate it higher based on the ending rather than the anime overall. Though the only reason people are going after Kaguya for this but not Demon Slayer is Kaguya made the same grave mistake as Spy x Family of being rated too high and is now suffering the backlash from everyone who thinks it shouldn't be that high. It's honestly depressing to see since up to this point its forum was actually pretty positive and now it's full of nonstop score threads.
Jun 26, 2022 6:28 AM

Oct 2019
Weak first half?? We not gonna talk about RAP Episode right?
Jun 26, 2022 6:39 AM

May 2015
Except it wasn’t weak.

Jun 26, 2022 6:44 AM

Nov 2020
MegaStride said:

Disagree, I thought this was 10/10 stuff throughout. Rewatched the second season a few weeks ago, and it's fucking great, but not on the same level of Ultra Romantic. This is the best anime RomCom there's ever been.
Jun 26, 2022 6:45 AM
Sep 2020
MegaStride said:

If i remember correctly even Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood has a weak start!
Jun 26, 2022 7:01 AM

Sep 2020
_cybersadist_ said:
MegaStride said:

The rap episode and the karaoke sequence were two of the best things out of the franchise so what's your point? The only weaker aspect in comedy regard was Shirogane trying to make Ishigami and Iino friends.
You saying the rap and karaoke sequence were two of the best things is very subjective. Some people liked it, I thought it was cringe. See? Opinions. As opposed to just slapping two things together and saying they are the best things out of the whole show.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jun 26, 2022 7:18 AM
Jul 2021
Sayali567 said:
Yeah this season is pretty weak and the confession too was underwhelming for me, I really don't get all this nonsense peak fiction praise

you just have 0 taste in anime
Jun 26, 2022 7:56 AM

May 2021
What do you mean "strong end"? STRONGEST end, much stronger than S2's end. You completely failed to take that into consideration.

And you're really delusional if you think these were the weakest chapters of the series.

Jun 26, 2022 7:57 AM

Nov 2019
Yes because it's thanks to the hardwork of season 1 and season 2.
Jun 26, 2022 8:01 AM

Jan 2012
MegaStride said:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2021842&show=0#msg66694565
Sad troll who edits his poll.

Just shutup and take the L.
Jun 26, 2022 10:36 AM

Aug 2021
the start was definitely great, although im disappointed some chapters didnt make it in. season 2 is probably the best season overall, but all 3 seasons were amazing. when people say peak kaguya they’re referring to the last few episodes where it became peak
Aug 12, 2022 1:39 AM

Oct 2008
The entire 3rd season was a 5/10 for me. But for people who love "Kaguya-sama" the weak start is apparently irrelevant. More power to the Kaguya-sama fandom.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

506 by Alfred0098 »»
May 21, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

405 by Ari__Kun »»
May 16, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

227 by lilkatkitten »»
May 14, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

332 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2022

237 by Assassin2112 »»
May 3, 7:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.