Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2022 5:47 PM

Sep 2015
So now we got a different director for this episode, the ending of it was just mind boggling for me.

BUT I WAS SURPRISED WE GET TO HAVE MORE YAMATO!! WAAAAHH!! And more flashback with Ace?! I'm so happy 3/4 of the episode is dedicated to Yamato!

Keep in mind, this was directed by a 31 year old Woman!! She is young and very talented ! Ishitani Megumi !! G.O.A.T
AhriTheS3xyFoxApr 24, 2022 8:42 AM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 23, 2022 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
1st half of the episode was amazing, that flashback of Roger(Luffy), WB(ace) and Oden(sabo) was EPIC. And that scene where ace dies, was perfectly directed!!!

I dont know, how describe this episode the animation, VA and everything was perfect and that silent walk while ignoring 2 yonko's was perfrct and that kin'emon scene was perfect and that flashback transition was epic!! And last but not the least in every way possible that Red Roc was...... I i cannot describe that in words, just go watch that scene!!!!!!

@FMmatron I hope staff don't add too much dbz effects in episode 1016, and I think they will not add them because if they add dbz effect it will become more hard for them to adapt chapter 1001.
I can't get enough of that red roc, that was done so well, watching that scene 100th time again!!

The best thing that they played WE ARE for the red roc!!
Next week will be a special episode recap about zoro and sanji. Ofcourse anime staff needs a break and after that again an amazing episode with a great director Yasunori Koyama who worked on episode 994 & 1004, with other great staff members!!!
removed-userApr 23, 2022 7:11 PM
Apr 23, 2022 6:01 PM

Mar 2014
That was INSANE!
LUFFY PUNCHED KAIDO!!!!!!!!!
The entire Mash-up to the story of the Azakaya's Samurai was amazing!
Next episode is a recap though, but in two week from now, episode 1016! Damn I love One Piece
Apr 23, 2022 6:07 PM

Nov 2016
Yamato is the bridge connecting the old and new generation with her knowledge and the picturebook-esque flashback where she recognized Luffy's words wonderfully depicted that notion. So much creativity in elevating a simple manga panel right off the bat. Exceptional visual direction as expected.

Always digging Roger parallel scenes

The adaptation here was on another level, tho.

Hilarious how Ace didn't know that Yamato was talking about Roger and that she didn't know that Ace was his son. The beauty of One Piece are all these relationships and under which circumstances the characters meet. We also learned that Yamto was the one who gave him the Vivre Card.

From the warm interactions to the grief over Ace's death and the belief in Luffy, I adored everything about her segment, especially the anime orginal additions. Her and Oden's narration were setting the stage perfectly for the New Generation(Whitebeard OST in the backround) Hilarious how Zoro came flying XD My man Marco ain't playing when he throws people around.

Kid and Zoro were ready for the smoke, but Luffy stole the fucking show.

"You all right Kinemon..? I'm sorry it took me so long." Only about 20 episodes and a one month hiatus, no biggie. Really felt emotional over Kinemon tearing up. The man has been with us for about 10 years, he's basically a Straw Hat at this point 😭

But man, the "We Are Red Roc" was absolutely worth the wait. Flashbacks before an attack are usually heavily criticized, here it was utilized exemplarily. Luffy doesn't forget the important shit. Fucking great montage(and I think for most of us it was definitely necessary to capture everything that went through Luffy's mind during that moment; it's been a long journey up to this point) Zoro's smile said everything. And the scene ended with a variation of Luffy's iconic cathphrase. Perfection. The words I'm gonna become King of the Pirates never carried as much weight as in this scenario where the MC is facing off his greatest obstacle.

Another cinematic masterpiece of an episode. The expectations were damn high and Ishitani along with the entire staff that worked on this episode have nothing but my utmost gratitude, respect and admiration for delivering high quality content under so much additional pressure(or she's based and doesn't know how many people are jerking off to her episodes)That's how you adapt a chapter, not by adding DBZ effects for a cheap fake-showdown. OST selection has also been great. Old ones, new ones, they played many GOATS.

@VolKur perhaps not added to the list? I rather believe him than Ahri, lol.

Replayed Red Roc so many times. Crazy how it made the Red Hawk from 982 made look pale in comparison. One Peak 5,6/5

VolKur said:

@FMmatron I hope staff don't add too much dbz effects in episode 1016, and I think they will not add them because if they add dbz effect it will become more hard for them to adapt chapter 1001.
I can't get enough of that red roc, that was done so well, watching that scene 100th time again!!

Episode 915 already fucked up an important aspect of the upcoming episode. Luffy went against the Thunder Bagua 🤦🏻‍♂️

FMmatronApr 26, 2022 8:09 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2022 6:24 PM
Apr 2020
it was not dark enough
Apr 23, 2022 6:25 PM

Jan 2016
I'M BAWLING MY FUCKING EYES OUT!

What an episode and how the animators delivered this.

We all had expectations for Roof Piece but the madmen at TOEI actually surpassed it. I never would've imagined them using an instrumental version of we are on red roc but it's turned out to be genius.

Oh man, what will I do with my life when One Piece ends one day.
Apr 23, 2022 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
lapine05 said:
it was not dark enough

You are not even caught up with the anime!!!!
How can you even judge an event you never were being hyped by past episode?????
Apr 23, 2022 6:37 PM
Apr 2020
VolKur said:
lapine05 said:
it was not dark enough

i ment the contrast it was so dark that you cant even see the half of the screen
Apr 23, 2022 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
lapine05 said:
VolKur said:

i ment the contrast it was so dark that you cant even see the half of the screen

Just increase the brightness to 100%. I think that scene was meant to be dark with kin'emon!!
Apr 23, 2022 6:45 PM

Nov 2016
VolKur said:
lapine05 said:

Just increase the brightness to 100%. I think that scene was meant to be dark with kin'emon!!

Not needed, Luffy lit things up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2022 6:46 PM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
VolKur said:

Not needed, Luffy lit things up.

Lmao, that red roc sure was fire!!!!!
Apr 23, 2022 7:22 PM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:

VolKur said:

Episode 915 already fucked up an important aspect of the upcoming episode. Luffy went against the Thunder Bagua 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah, they added king kong gun, and that scene feel like, luffy knew that Kaido is going to use thunder bagua, but in reality it was soo fast luffy didn't even notice it, but I still have hope they will give justice to episode 1016....
And I have leaks about episode 1017, leaks are saying that 1017 will be 🔥🔥 and it will adapt chapter 1002. I also have solid source for it, if you want!!
Apr 23, 2022 7:25 PM

Nov 2016
VolKur said:
FMmatron said:

Yeah, they added king kong gun, and that scene feel like, luffy knew that Kaido is going to use thunder bagua, but in reality it was soo fast luffy didn't even notice it, but I still have hope they will give justice to episode 1016....
And I have leaks about episode 1017, leaks are saying that 1017 will be 🔥🔥 and it will adapt chapter 1002. I also have solid source for it, if you want!!

Chapter 1002 is definitely the one they should focus on, since it's just raw fast paced action. The reality is that we can't expect all episodes to go crazy.

Apr 23, 2022 7:29 PM

Aug 2020
I'm not gonna lie here. I cried a little bit. Toei animation keeps making legendary episodes. I am so thrilled. Next episode will be a recap but i'll take it.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 23, 2022 7:35 PM
May 2021
Bro that might’ve been the greatest one piece episode of all time!
Apr 23, 2022 7:35 PM

Apr 2016
Even better than I expected it to be, perfect adaptation for the 1000th chapter.
Some absolutely stunning visuals here, I am amazed. I'm a sucker for whenever they integrate the We Are theme into the show.
No spoilers but when we get to what's happening in the manga right now I hope we can get something to this quality again!
Apr 23, 2022 7:40 PM

Apr 2019
Amazing! Been waiting for this for so long!

Apr 23, 2022 7:42 PM

Jan 2020
Megumi Ishitnai is the greatest of all time. No doubt about it

One of the most beautiful episodes that I've ever seen. Lighting and transitions were amazing and from the flashback from Yamato/Ace to the final Luffy moment , it was 10/10 from start to finish.

Recap episode next looks unimpressive but Toei is forgiven because of this episode lmao
ManWildApr 23, 2022 7:47 PM

Apr 23, 2022 7:45 PM

Apr 2014
This is One of the best episodes of One Piece yet! Now I am hoping Toei take their time to bring in the heat for the upcoming fight because this is where things will get hard. I hope they do well to rival UFOTABLE.
Apr 23, 2022 7:46 PM

Feb 2020
wow. just wow. this episode kept me with a grin on my face every second. I am beyond happy about the adaptation of this scene from the manga. tears.

Apr 23, 2022 7:49 PM

Dec 2013
They really went all out in this episode. Kaido and Big Mom are terrifying standing side by side.

The build up to the end of the episode had me shaking from the hype!
Apr 23, 2022 7:50 PM

Jun 2015
God, this episode was insane.
Apr 23, 2022 7:51 PM
May 2020
speechless

yep , speechless

nothing to say here
One Piece is bad, really
Apr 23, 2022 7:52 PM

Jun 2014
Absolutely phenomenal episode. Fuckin peak, it felt cinematic as fuck. Great adaptation of chapter 1000 and I can't wait for what's coming next.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 23, 2022 7:55 PM

Apr 2020
Spectacular episode. loved the different style they used in the episode and more yamato is always a big W. Even the title itself of the episode proved this episode was gonna be a banger lol to believe the next episode is another recap seriously wants to make me cry especially after an amazing episode like this one. Yamato better join the crew or else I will have a grudge against oda if he does what he did with vivy
Apr 23, 2022 8:03 PM

Apr 2018
Roof Piece has finally begun and the animators didn't miss it. The flashbacks from Ace's death were truly wonderful but tragic at the same time. Luffy's punch was satisfying though. I got spoiled but I'm still waiting for it.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 23, 2022 8:08 PM
Nov 2020
Man, best episode of all time from the best anime of all time right there, imo, everything is perfect about this episode, I've never felt this kind of connection for some time aside from previos memorable OP episode, you ain't a One Piece fan if you didn't shed a tear or cry your eyes out from this episode
Apr 23, 2022 8:09 PM

Mar 2020
My fking god, I was bawling breathless at those last 2 minutes, that montage of the journey to Wano and then the animation of this episode from start to finish, Kinemon being so injured and then Luffy punching Kaido in the face in the most extra way WITH WE ARE PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND damaging him too and saying his iconic line..... this is too good, nay, perfect.
Pangea_Apr 23, 2022 8:14 PM
Apr 23, 2022 8:14 PM

Nov 2018
What a fucking episode! Easily one of the top 5 episodes of Wano so far. Roof Peak begins!

Everything is on point here, let's hope Toei delivers one of the best parts of post-timeskip.

Barto Recap episode 2 next week, I guess it's because of the recent hacking, but I'll forgive them for now.

MeGOATmi Ishitani

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Apr 23, 2022 8:16 PM
Apr 2022
this was insane!!!!
Apr 23, 2022 8:16 PM
Sep 2020
Episode 1015 left me speechless it's just too perfect. We got amazing animation which is looking really good, The flashbacks are nice as well. We get to see Luffy get to the rooftop and punch Kaido and it actually done something to him. I like the red roc move and how big mom and Kaido looked when Luffy punch him. This episode was perfect!
Apr 23, 2022 8:17 PM

May 2020
roof piece is finally here after so many months of waiting
holy hell that was an amazing episode
prolly one of the best one-piece eps ever

well, next weeks gonna be a recap.....

Apr 23, 2022 8:20 PM
Mar 2018
I won't feel bad if they repeat this type of animation again.

And man oh man what a red roc collab with the we are opening.

I forgive you Toei for the delay, hiatus and for the flashback coming next week.

Amazzinggggg sunday :D
Apr 23, 2022 8:24 PM

Jul 2013
I'm speechless. This episode was absolutely insane and I still can't comprehend what I've watched.

We got more of Yamato and Ace and how Ace told her about Luffys dream. But the scene they transitioned into afterwards with all these great characters was so amazingly done. Can you imagine if Luffy ever met Roger or Oden?

We also got to see how Ace actually got his vivre card. I never thought about how Yamato must have felt during the paramount war. Trapped on this island and not being able to help her only friend. That hurts ;_;

The second half of this episode was honestly the best thing I've ever witnessed in One Piece. Everything screamed perfection. From the OST, to the visuals the way they handled the confrontation between the New Generation and Yonkos from the Older Generation.

Luffy walking towards them was one thing, but bypassing and ignoring them as well was on a whole new level. Initially I wasn't sure where he was going, but of course it's the typical Luffy move where important people for him always come first.
I couldn't stop my tears at the scene with Kinemon and when he asked Luffy if he could carry the land of Wano on his back. I know with all the blood loss it's possible Kinemon died, but I want to believe the opposite ;_;

Showing all these important key moments, the people Luffy met and who lead him to come to Wano before he unleashed his giant Red Roc on a surprised Kaido shortly after was FUCKING AMAZINGLY handled and couldn't have been done any better. I had perma goosebumps + tears ran down my cheeks.

Not sure what it looked like in the manga, but this was a legendary episode. You knocked it out the park TOEI. Holy shit. 1000/10

Natsu88Apr 30, 2022 9:01 PM

Apr 23, 2022 8:24 PM

Feb 2019
Wait, why there's so many 1 in the poll??
Apr 23, 2022 8:28 PM

Jun 2019
As I was saying this might be one of the best One Piece's episode of all time. That was insane. Holy smokes bur Wow... that was really good.
Apr 23, 2022 8:31 PM
Dec 2021
Oda burning his house down with all the fire writing hes making 🔥🔥
Apr 23, 2022 8:33 PM
Sep 2021
The sequence before Luffy red roc'd kaido was my favourite part. Showing the flashback through his pov was perfect and the animation was top tier! Megumi ishitani is the best director for one piece no doubt!
Apr 23, 2022 8:33 PM

Sep 2020
Man I'm so hyped that I was about to cry
I haven't been THIS hyped since marineford
Roof piece is finally HERE
Apr 23, 2022 8:36 PM
Nov 2020
Bro I love One Piece nothing more to say just amazing
Apr 23, 2022 8:39 PM

Dec 2010
This was my favourite single episode of the entire series. It has been nearlt a decade since I started One Piece, but I am mostly reading the manga and watching only the most crucial scenes in the anime because I'm so disillusioned towards it, but this entire episode was so amazing that it drew me in instantly. 10/10
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Apr 23, 2022 8:46 PM

Apr 2013
Have to give it to TOEI, that was a 10/10 episode. Truly one of the best I’ve seen in One Piece. The art and animation was really clean, there were a few french animators working on this episode as far as I’m aware. Love me some Yamato and Ace moments and recollection of Oden’s diary. The Kinemon part was emotional

The Luffy closing sequence with the recap truly felt like an epic culmination of events leading to Roof Piece. After the filler next week it should be heat for weeks. Curious to see how they handle the pace and animation of whats to come.
Apr 23, 2022 8:47 PM
Mar 2021
It was the best episode in a while. Luffy's epic entrance,
jaunty walk between two emperors when they considered him a real rival,flexing his New Ryou RED ROC .The edits of the flashback were epic,nostalgic,and well placed.Not to mention that it significantly increased our love to yamato and her friendship with ace .Graphics were insane luffy ordering around law to move them downstairs where only zoro's existence and reactions(especially towards luffy)make the episode insane.Last but not least MONKEY.D.LUFFY WITH THE FUCKIN STRAWHAT THE MAN WHO'S GONNA BECOME THE KING OF PIRATES
Apr 23, 2022 8:51 PM
Nov 2021
luffy is the man who going to be the king of pirates
Apr 23, 2022 8:52 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
THIS EPISODE GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS, SEEING HOW FAR MY BOY LUFFY HAS COME IS INSANE ITS A SHAME THIS WASNT EPISODE 1000 CUZ ITS 10/10 FOR ME

Apr 23, 2022 8:54 PM
Sep 2021
THE ART STYLES THE CINEMATOGRAPHY THE SHOTS OF THE RAID THE RED ROCCC ISHITANI HAS OUTDONE HERSELF hopefully she’s back for chapter 1044 or even 1010
Apr 23, 2022 9:03 PM

Dec 2019
Honestly might be the best episode of wano so far tbh

This was so damn good I've rewatched the red rocket like 7 times lmao

Ishitani Megumi and toei are amazing for this episode man I want the next episode so bad lol gotta wait 2 weeks tho since next week is filler sadly :((

Man I love Luffy so much he was like nah fuck you guys I'm checking up on my friend lol

Easiest 10/10 episode ever
Apr 23, 2022 9:06 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Holy fudge, that was so good! Definitely gave me chills.

Luffy, Ace and Sabo in front of Roger, Whitebeard and Roger, that's some powerful imagery. In a way, it's kind of silly that Luffy was shown up there for saying something like this considering there must've been many others to do the same but I suppose of those with true value and weight, they may be the only one.

Yamato's grief when Ace passed away, it's incredible how that reference always hurts no matter how long it's been or how many times it's being replayed. Her face when she said she'd wait for Luffy was fantastic and then for him to appear in the fashion that he did just after was top-notch!

Big Mom's disbelief at what had just happened as a result of the red roc attack was on point. Gee, that sure was some strike. And then that declaration they'd been dearly wanting to hear. Oh, yes!

Luffy just straight up walking past Kaido and Big Mom is going down as one of the most badass Luffy moments for me. Kin'emon's condition seemed to be series but here's to hoping Law's shambles managed to barely get him out of peril's way.

Man, this is up there with 915 and 982! 'Nuff said. Art style, cinematography, action choreography, flow of episode and direction among more, peak OP. I almost can't complain that there'll be a recap ep next week, lol.

Been hearing a fair bit 'bout Roof Piece lately, curious to see what the flare is about!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 23, 2022 9:09 PM

Jan 2011
A true masterpiece
Apr 23, 2022 9:17 PM

Jul 2010
10/10 it was great episode. Luffy entrance was epic. and that Red Roc!
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ennies lobby

Pricefighter - Today

15 by tysondbarr »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

36 by WolfWood37 »»
1 hour ago

» Toei didn't improve anything after time skip beside the artstyle and animation

Reckless_weeb - Today

32 by nighm »»
3 hours ago

» How Did He Do It?

eze_k22 - Today

5 by Hacker075 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 89 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

46 by IM_FROSTYY »»
Today, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.