Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Couple of Cuckoos
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 10, 2022 8:17 PM
Sep 2019
The plot sounds fun and interesting but why does it have to be harem? And although it's not incest, I think it's still very weird that you fall in love with a person you treated your whole life as a sibling (now, I'm just basing that from the trailer).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 10, 2022 8:24 PM
Feb 2021
because the author wanted it that way and it's being fun, if you read the manga you'll realize that being a harem makes it funnier.
Apr 10, 2022 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
jooni5 said:
The plot sounds fun and interesting but why does it have to be harem? And although it's not incest, I think it's still very weird that you fall in love with a person you treated your whole life as a sibling (now, I'm just basing that from the trailer).

It is technically harem, but almost in the way that Toradora is a harem.
In Toradora, there are three girls pining for the affection of Ryuuji, one of whom he even believes himself to like for a long time. But despite that, it’s pretty clear who the “winner” is right from the get-go.
Cuckoos is the same way: there are multiple girls pining for the affection of Nagi, one of whom he even believes himself to like for a long time. But despite that, it’s pretty clear who the “winner” is right from the start.
Overall, it’s more a rom-com with harem elements than a harem with rom-com elements, ya know?
Apr 10, 2022 8:53 PM
Feb 2021
ThornPrincess said:
jooni5 said:

In Toradora, there are three girls pining for the affection of Ryuuji, one of whom he even believes himself to like for a long time. But despite that, it’s pretty clear who the “winner” is right from the get-go.
Cuckoos is the same way: there are multiple girls pining for the affection of Nagi, one of whom he even believes himself to like for a long time. But despite that, it’s pretty clear who the “winner” is right from the start.
Overall, it’s more a rom-com with harem elements than a harem with rom-com elements, ya know?

that almost makes it a non-harem!! Well that's good for me, ig :) infact, its better that you explained it in a very simple and direct manner.
Apr 10, 2022 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
69_Assassin said:
ThornPrincess said:

that almost makes it a non-harem!! Well that's good for me, ig :) infact, its better that you explained it in a very simple and direct manner.
Yeah I’d definitely recommend giving it a shot! I really really like the manga. End of the day I do have to say that it absolutely does have more harem-esque moments than Toradora, but it still feels more like a rom-com overall to me.
Apr 10, 2022 9:20 PM
Jan 2021
I mean it’s not a bad genre. It’s probably just a fun anime rather than a serious anime. I’m thinking it’ll be good tho. It seems cute
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Apr 10, 2022 9:35 PM
Sep 2019
ThornPrincess said:
jooni5 said:

Wow since you explained it so well, I would actually like to give it a shot. However, the brother-sister part will still make it weird for me unless they were raised separately.
Apr 10, 2022 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
jooni5 said:
ThornPrincess said:

Wow since you explained it so well, I would actually like to give it a shot. However, the brother-sister part will still make it weird for me unless they were raised separately.

It is still a little weird in the manga, as they were raised together, but it’s explained that the girl knew for a long time they weren’t related, which is why she developed feelings.
Meanwhile, the boy didn’t know, so he emphasizes over and over again that he only sees her as a sister, so that whole “relationship” doesn’t really go further than that.
Don’t need to worry about it going all Oreimo or anything 😂
Apr 10, 2022 10:27 PM
Sep 2019
ThornPrincess said:
jooni5 said:

It is still a little weird in the manga, as they were raised together, but it’s explained that the girl knew for a long time they weren’t related, which is why she developed feelings.
Meanwhile, the boy didn’t know, so he emphasizes over and over again that he only sees her as a sister, so that whole “relationship” doesn’t really go further than that.
Don’t need to worry about it going all Oreimo or anything 😂

Well, I just hope they won't change anything in the adaptation. Cause sometimes they do to make it even more of an exciting competition.
Apr 10, 2022 11:55 PM
Nov 2021
Because it does now shush
Apr 10, 2022 11:59 PM

Jan 2014
because Harem is a fun genre to watch, now shush-x2
Apr 11, 2022 5:36 AM
Sep 2018
When is this airing?
Apr 11, 2022 10:06 AM
May 2021
Harem's are based
Apr 11, 2022 5:26 PM
Oct 2021
because it’s a great and funny genre
Apr 11, 2022 7:56 PM
Nov 2016
I don't think he has harem bcz all of them are not his wife's concubine or his woman or girlfriend and i m postive in the end of comic he gets only one girl which is sachi or Erica well harem ending is also interesting if I think about it
Apr 11, 2022 8:10 PM
Nov 2020
Honesty, just looks like a shitty Nisekoi
Apr 13, 2022 6:10 AM
Nov 2016
Armory4 said:

what are you saying nisekoi is a very good remedy show check your eyes
Apr 14, 2022 2:05 PM

Jun 2021
jooni5 said:

I felt the same when the brother-sister thing got pretty serious in the manga. Either way, you accept it and still follow on, or disgust yourself and quit.

~ Weeboo
Apr 15, 2022 12:20 PM

Jan 2021
Bc people want harems.
Apr 16, 2022 7:15 PM
Feb 2022
The manga is Okay for now (I know many people don't think so), but it could be a great masterpiece if Hiro, Sachi and Ai never existed. Currently it's just mediocre and basically similar to Nisekoi, so I'd like to see an if.
Apr 17, 2022 3:19 AM

Oct 2012
removed-user said:
jooni5 said:

except toradora isnt harem in the first place. its a rom com slice of life.
Apr 18, 2022 2:51 PM

Feb 2021
jooni5 said:

Sounds like this is one you'd be interested in skipping. Bye, now.
Apr 20, 2022 9:07 AM

Aug 2017
Harems are the fantasy of every neckbeard weeb, duh

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Apr 23, 2022 6:02 AM

May 2009
Because japanese otaku eat up this trash.
This is the worst Miki Yoshikawa's manga so far.
Apr 23, 2022 12:00 PM

Nov 2021
Malhotra55 said:
Armory4 said:

what are you saying nisekoi is a very good remedy show check your eyes

Not really I agree with the person you quoted
It's a mediocre show the manga is stretched out for no reason and the ending of the manga is okayish
I liked the male protag tho
Apr 23, 2022 2:25 PM

Feb 2018
I like everything about this series so far except for the fact it's a harem, because i think it'd be more interesting without it

But with just 1 episode in, i guess it's too early to judge it
Apr 23, 2022 2:51 PM
Jan 2013
Uuhh...because the author want it to be harem
Apr 23, 2022 3:38 PM
Aug 2018
jooni5 said:

If it helps in anyway…the dude doesn’t consider his step sibling apart of the harem but she does…kind of stupid but better then incest plotline
Apr 23, 2022 5:38 PM
May 2019
Armory4 said:

This is a lot better than Nisekoi. The blonde girl of Nisekoi makes it unwatchable. Instead in Kakkou no Inazuke the 3 girls are cute.
Apr 23, 2022 6:08 PM

Feb 2021
jooni5 said:

"Why does it have to be harem" is a rather stupid question to ask because the answer's "because it is." That's how the author wrote it.

You don't enjoy harem. You don't enjoy the younger sister trope. If those things don't interest you there's no point in bitching about them. Go find a non-harem non-onii-chanime to watch.
Apr 23, 2022 7:25 PM

Sep 2020
Because it's what makes money and Japan knows people are gonna consume this shit
Apr 24, 2022 6:08 AM
Dec 2020
removed-user said:
jooni5 said:

God I hope you are correct!
Apr 26, 2022 2:05 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Well, you picked it up knowing fully well it said Harem as the theme. There's nothing to question here.

As for series itself, you might want to ask the author and why she write a harem similar to gotoubun/nisekoi.

I love yamada-kun and the 7 witches manga as her previous works. The anime only got 1 cour. So for this to get 2 cour, it clearly shown who is the target audiences within Japan and what's sell better.
Apr 29, 2022 6:42 AM

May 2021
removed-user said:
jooni5 said:

Well, in toradora the dragon boy and tiger girl were already kind of attached but in this case, the mc already has crush on a different girl than the main female character. So i dont understand how do you relate these two animes
Apr 29, 2022 11:02 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Fucking beta males cannot understand the desire of having a harem.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 29, 2022 1:35 PM
Nov 2017
Read the one shot if you don't want a harem. It's a harem to pad the story and make it longer and thus more profitable. It's not like the harem tag even means anything, the Canon ship is obvious
Apr 29, 2022 2:18 PM
Aug 2021
This show kind of fun ig
Apr 30, 2022 5:43 AM
Sep 2019
HatTrickPatrick said:
jooni5 said:

"Why does it have to be harem" is a rather stupid question to ask because the answer's "because it is." That's how the author wrote it.

You don't enjoy harem. You don't enjoy the younger sister trope. If those things don't interest you there's no point in bitching about them. Go find a non-harem non-onii-chanime to watch.

Wow. Who hurt you?
If you don't like my question then there's no point in answering it if you're only gonna bitch about it instead of giving reasons why someone who isn't a fan of harem should watch it. You don't even follow your own logic. kRazy.
Apr 30, 2022 8:00 AM

Apr 2022
jooni5 said:
HatTrickPatrick said:

Wow. Who hurt you?
If you don't like my question then there's no point in answering it if you're only gonna bitch about it instead of giving reasons why someone who isn't a fan of harem should watch it. You don't even follow your own logic. kRazy.

Lol, why should he care if you are not a fan of harem anime.
Apr 30, 2022 8:21 AM
Sep 2019
Kene_M said:
jooni5 said:

Wow. Who hurt you?

You clearly cared enough to reply.
You're free to voice your opinion but at least follow your own logic. Lol.
Apr 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Apr 2022
jooni5 said:
Kene_M said:

DId I say that I didn't care, lol. I'm wondering why you were expecting him to give you reasons to watch this.
Apr 30, 2022 8:40 AM
Sep 2019
Kene_M said:
jooni5 said:

DId I say that I didn't care, lol. I'm wondering why you were expecting him to give you reasons to watch this.

I opened the topic for it to be discussed, not to be invalidated.
Apr 30, 2022 8:45 AM
Feb 2022
will get to know more about this anime in further episodes
May 1, 2022 5:37 PM

Jul 2017
Can't be worse than KanoKari. Guess I will check out episode 2.
わかりました
May 1, 2022 7:19 PM
Feb 2021
I mean it’s that kind of harem that we all know who will win from the beginning. Hope it’s fun tho.
May 2, 2022 11:07 AM

Oct 2021
Ugh a harem anime... I'm always happy to have more romance animes to watch but not if they're harem ones. I hope the route they take will be a good one at least
PriinceYukiMay 2, 2022 11:17 AM

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

May 6, 2022 4:24 PM
Apr 2022
I came in late. Harem set up is great. Hang around long enough and you notice the overinvolved long timers too emotionally involved in their chosen girl who they want to win over Nagi. Grab the popcorn and enjoy the civil war. Working as intended. Everyone has gone cuckoo.

This intensity I have not really seen in other mangas.
Helps with the sales I guess.
May 7, 2022 5:07 AM
Feb 2018
Why does it have to be Harem ?

Is same as asking,

Why does it have to be ecchi ?

Or

Why does it have to be shonen ?

Or

Why does it have to be slice of life ?

Or

Why does it have to be fantasy ?

Or

Why does it have to be psychological/thriller/horror ?
(Tch this days they are not producing any horror)

Anyways what I mean is, it is what it is, I guess you are one of those folks who believe in true love and stuff, on the other hand my knowledge on reality opened my eyes for good that this kind of nuisance only exist in fairy tales.

Btw one of my favourite genre is isekai, because I find normal world related anime to being kinda plain and boring, but I like other genres too, as long as it don't put too much of real world element like plain rom-com because I already see it happening around me alot which is no fun,and in real world it don't even last that long, it's a short momentary event, and people get bored of each other because when they actually start to know about the other person's true nature, how they are from inside, their behaviour, their bad traits, annoying traits, but as a teenager (not me anymore) it's fun I guess, all you think about is romance and stuff I guess, you think about opposite sex all the time, but once you stop being
a teenager and take it on from different perspective, it kinda becomes bore and cringe, when you see someone, a teenager who is going through that phase.
May 7, 2022 10:27 AM
Dec 2021
removed-user said:
jooni5 said:

Well put, good to see that's cleared it up for many 👍
May 7, 2022 6:11 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
Definitely was seeing the Toradora "harem" comparison myself after 2 episodes, now feeling confident in it after 3. MAL tags being questionable as usual.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Was anyone else hoping, for more?

SofiaBulga - Nov 15, 2022

9 by liveleaked »»
Jun 6, 3:36 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2022

72 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

129 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:31 AM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 6

5 by baymaxemon »»
Mar 12, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

45 by claymorwan »»
Mar 5, 1:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.