Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2021 4:30 PM

Apr 2018
Quite a shame that this show doesn't have any action sequences, I was hoping to see some when the war arc started... But I guess the occasional dynamic camera angles make up for it...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 11, 2021 5:18 PM
May 2020
Yeah I was thinking that too. I’m not sure how popular this is in Japan or how much source material there is. But perhaps a season two could get a better budget and some more time for the animators to work because the story is really good it’s only really the lack of good animation that holds this show back.
Sep 11, 2021 9:49 PM
Jun 2021
FreshSalmon827 said:
Yeah I was thinking that too. I’m not sure how popular this is in Japan or how much source material there is. But perhaps a season two could get a better budget and some more time for the animators to work because the story is really good it’s only really the lack of good animation that holds this show back.
If the sales of the LN and Manga don't increase they won't make another season, But I too want another one.
Sep 11, 2021 10:27 PM

Jan 2020
anirudh_anime_04 said:
FreshSalmon827 said:
If the sales of the LN and Manga don't increase they won't make another season, But I too want another one.

I honestly would’ve rather have a split cour or a longer season 1. They rushed this series way too much it feels. Like wth was with them only having a war explanation?
Sep 12, 2021 12:29 AM

Apr 2016
And an actual writing.
Sep 12, 2021 12:54 AM

Feb 2015
Swagernator said:
And an actual writing.

Yeah it not half as cleaver as it projects. The MC is bland as hell and let's not forget we had to sit though a whole episode on mud slides and forestry management.
Sep 12, 2021 3:20 AM

Mar 2013
This series simply has a different theme (I guess), it's more like how to be a commander instead of the pawn always fighting.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 12, 2021 4:17 AM
Jan 2017
Honestly I liked this more in manga form, the anime will end to where i stopped reading in the manga, what I meant how its better is because you can take your time actually understanding what they are saying and referring to which tactics etc. and In the anime ep 3/2 there was a slight change in the anime compared to manga on how they introduced the black robes guy, in the anime it was so pretentious ,acting like they were playing 4D chess, in the manga it was just "Hi, my name is [insert side character name]" then thats it.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Sep 12, 2021 6:39 AM

Oct 2019
The fact that Kazuya is bland is JC Staff’s fault. The fact all conversations and 4D Chess gymnastics is lost is also JC Staff’s fault. The fact the supporting cast has not been given their actual personalities, completely removing depth and individuality to make them stand out. The fact action sequences are PowerPoint presentations is also the studio’s fault.
As you mentioned, with more budget and manpower (And quite possible, if more talented people) worked in this project, then it could have had a better reception overall.
The LN’s are over 10+ volumes so far and incredibly popular (Kind of a mix of Spice & Wolf and MaouYuusha) with a bunch of IRL references for best seller “The art of War” and many things that make the story entertaining. However, it’s an adaptation, not copycat from the source, hence JC Staff did what it does best for LN’s: Butcher the hell out of it.
Sep 12, 2021 7:08 AM
Jul 2020
Animillion said:
anirudh_anime_04 said:

I honestly would’ve rather have a split cour or a longer season 1. They rushed this series way too much it feels. Like wth was with them only having a war explanation?

It's like this show is an advert for the light novels or something. The anime feels as if the production team tried to cram 4 volumes of the LN into a 13 episode cour. It could have been so much better if they had the time to explain Souma's 3D chess of political maneuvering. It's still an interesting take on the Isekai power fantasy trope.
Sep 12, 2021 11:00 AM
Aug 2020
Animillion said:
anirudh_anime_04 said:

yes honestly they could've added a whole lot to the final war aganist amidonia, i am slightly sad hut not disappointed. Jc staff did a good job based on the fact that they animate many animes a season.
Sep 12, 2021 7:21 PM
Jan 2013
Swagernator said:
And an actual writing.

lol , maybe this show needs a somewhat high level of intelligence to cpmprehend then
Sep 13, 2021 12:09 AM

Apr 2016
xeco said:
lol , maybe this show needs a somewhat high level of intelligence to cpmprehend then

The only higher level of this show needs is 15 years olds praising it.
Sep 13, 2021 9:09 PM
Aug 2018
it may get season two ,if ln sales are good
Sep 14, 2021 6:09 AM

Aug 2021
Ya this show had great potential... Instead of doing harem , fan service .. generic character models.. , fillers they could have done something brilliant ... Some kind of military , strategic , serious isekai
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Sep 14, 2021 6:50 PM
Aug 2018
DarkGamerA said:
Ya this show had great potential... Instead of doing harem , fan service .. generic character models.. , fillers they could have done something brilliant ... Some kind of military , strategic , serious isekai
it may get season two i hopr
Sep 15, 2021 9:43 AM

Mar 2020
this series would still be bland i think release the witch did better
Sep 15, 2021 2:31 PM

Apr 2017
If this was picked by a better animating studio it could've rivaled the likes of Grancrest senki
Sep 15, 2021 7:18 PM
Aug 2018
AnimeFA78N said:
but this is good anime
Sep 15, 2021 7:20 PM
Aug 2018
Kirito_online said:
If this was picked by a better animating studio it could've rivaled the likes of Grancrest senki
Kirito_online said:
it is good anime,not very bad
Sep 15, 2021 7:57 PM

Mar 2020
Sayan_Pal said:
AnimeFA78N said:
but this is good anime

Good for you but for me it's just another midcore isekai nothing more nothing less
AnimeFA78NSep 15, 2021 8:03 PM
Sep 15, 2021 8:16 PM
Aug 2018
AnimeFA78N said:
Sayan_Pal said:
but this is good anime

Good for you but for me it's just another midcore isekai nothing more nothing less
everyone has different opinion,
Sep 16, 2021 3:26 AM

Apr 2017
Sayan_Pal said:
Kirito_online said:
Kirito_online said:
I also think it's good, it just, it has the potential to be smth greater but those stale low frames fight scenes make this anime downgrading itself even with a good plot, animation always picks up the adaptation even when it's not a good story.
Sep 16, 2021 6:21 AM
Aug 2018
Kirito_online said:
Sayan_Pal said:
I also think it's good, it just, it has the potential to be smth greater but those stale low frames fight scenes make this anime downgrading itself even with a good plot, animation always picks up the adaptation even when it's not a good story.
it may get another season
Sep 18, 2021 8:53 AM

May 2009
It still would be generic haremshit LNgarbage isekaishit.
Sep 19, 2021 5:44 AM

Apr 2017
Sayan_Pal said:
Kirito_online said:
I'm not too hyped about another run, shinigami and Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu, and tensura those need more seasons!
Sep 19, 2021 6:05 AM
Aug 2018
Kirito_online said:
Sayan_Pal said:
I'm not too hyped about another run, shinigami and Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu, and tensura those need more seasons!
tensura surely confirmed
Sep 19, 2021 7:51 AM

Oct 2009
Even the studio knows pouring more money into this project is such a waste, you can't save show like this with sakuga or fanservice.
The writing is just that bad.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 19, 2021 10:15 AM

Oct 2008
azzuRe said:
Even the studio knows pouring more money into this project is such a waste, you can't save show like this with sakuga or fanservice.

It's definitely not that at all! The amount of mediocre studios that are doing adaptations to anime are huge. We need to understand that there are bad studios and many animes are being downgrading because of them!

The story is not bad at all:
A guy that travels to another world, became a hero and then a king, made revolutionary changes, and put some order in a country using strategies never seen before.
No matter from which perspective you see it, it's not a bad story at all!
And the idea of different civilizations and different life habits incorporated in the world, and not everyone goes easily with the changes is also a plus. Then you still have the war against the demon king (or whatever his title is). It has potential and if the studio didn't spend more money is just because they didn't have it in the 1st place, not because the project is bad at all!!
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Sep 20, 2021 12:13 AM

Apr 2017
Sayan_Pal said:
Kirito_online said:
tensura surely confirmed
nothing announced yet, but it would be weird if nothing gets released after this considering it's huge popularity right now
Sep 20, 2021 2:37 AM
Aug 2018
Kirito_online said:
Sayan_Pal said:
tensura surely confirmed
nothing announced yet, but it would be weird if nothing gets released after this considering it's huge popularity right now
it be released in 2023 i think
Sep 21, 2021 3:59 PM

Apr 2017
Sayan_Pal said:
Kirito_online said:
there is a movie coming in that year according to some news I saw, and it did state in the last ep it will be continued so I'm happy to wait for more as long I know it coming.

Edit: it's actually coming in 2022 according to The Official Website

Edit2: and now MAL added it Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Movie
Kirito_onlineSep 21, 2021 4:29 PM
Sep 21, 2021 7:28 PM
Aug 2018
Kirito_online said:
Sayan_Pal said:
there is a movie coming in that year according to some news I saw, and it did state in the last ep it will be continued so I'm happy to wait for more as long I know it coming.

yeah,i know,it may be filler movie
Sep 21, 2021 7:42 PM

Jun 2007
You could probably quadruple the budget and manpower and nothing astounding would come of it.

If I had to think of a word to describe the anime it would be shallow.
Every character is a stereotype, the world isn't even remotely deep and it simply shows, oh and there is the obvious Harem the MC is building.
Which I personally don't get. I mean I get Harem, many girls for your wizard stick.
But it's not an adult show, they would never include anything like that.
So he'll just "collect" them and then... nothing.

Whoopdeedoo. Might as well collect differently coloured stones.

Compared to this Overlord is LotR which it obviously isn't when measured on its own problems.

Crashmatt said:
and let's not forget we had to sit though a whole episode on mud slides and forestry management.

Ah forget the mudslide and forest management (a fantasy world where Elves do not know how to take care of the forest.... I don't even).
What absolutely killed me was the cooking. Jesus Christ these people live in this land for centuries and have no idea what they can eat.

There are people in this world who live along the coast but do not eat what they pull out of the sea.
How can a Japanese person come up with that.

It's... something isn't it.
Sep 21, 2021 11:25 PM
Aug 2018
Tyon said:
You could probably quadruple the budget and manpower and nothing astounding would come of it.

If I had to think of a word to describe the anime it would be shallow.
Every character is a stereotype, the world isn't even remotely deep and it simply shows, oh and there is the obvious Harem the MC is building.
Which I personally don't get. I mean I get Harem, many girls for your wizard stick.
But it's not an adult show, they would never include anything like that.
So he'll just "collect" them and then... nothing.

Whoopdeedoo. Might as well collect differently coloured stones.

Compared to this Overlord is LotR which it obviously isn't when measured on its own problems.

Crashmatt said:
and let's not forget we had to sit though a whole episode on mud slides and forestry management.

Ah forget the mudslide and forest management (a fantasy world where Elves do not know how to take care of the forest.... I don't even).
What absolutely killed me was the cooking. Jesus Christ these people live in this land for centuries and have no idea what they can eat.

There are people in this world who live along the coast but do not eat what they pull out of the sea.

it may get another
Sep 22, 2021 12:58 AM

Apr 2017
Sayan_Pal said:
Kirito_online said:

it did wrap up almost all the manga, so might be but there's still the LN so there is still a possibility for cannon content.
Sep 22, 2021 1:04 AM
Aug 2018
Kirito_online said:
Sayan_Pal said:
it did wrap up almost all the manga, so might be but there's still the LN so there is still a possibility for cannon content.
no season tree sure happen as ln is source and manga is not finished,so stop negative comments,season three surely happen
Sep 22, 2021 3:42 AM
Jun 2021
Swagernator said:
And an actual writing.
That says a lot about modern generation they dont make compromises they just go with the flow of canceling stuff or randomly hating on stuff just to look cool.
Sep 22, 2021 4:27 AM

Apr 2016
aadi345688 said:
Swagernator said:
And an actual writing.
That says a lot about modern generation they dont make compromises they just go with the flow of canceling stuff or randomly hating on stuff just to look cool.

Yeah but the shits garbage so no point in defending it.

I mean its fucking isekai for gods sake lmao. What you expect.
Sep 22, 2021 5:46 AM

Apr 2017
Sayan_Pal said:
Kirito_online said:
no season tree sure happen as ln is source and manga is not finished,so stop negative comments,season three surely happen
dude, what negative comments, I said the manga is almost completely adapted in both these seasons, I know it's still publishing and I know season 3 is coming, what I said was that the LN is ahead in the progress of the story and the movie could be adapted from there, read carefully man don't misread or put words in my mouth to your convenienc.
Sep 22, 2021 6:50 AM

Oct 2009
r_justo said:
azzuRe said:

It's definitely not that at all! The amount of mediocre studios that are doing adaptations to anime are huge. We need to understand that there are bad studios and many animes are being downgrading because of them!

The story is not bad at all:
A guy that travels to another world, became a hero and then a king, made revolutionary changes, and put some order in a country using strategies never seen before.
No matter from which perspective you see it, it's not a bad story at all!
And the idea of different civilizations and different life habits incorporated in the world, and not everyone goes easily with the changes is also a plus. Then you still have the war against the demon king (or whatever his title is). It has potential and if the studio didn't spend more money is just because they didn't have it in the 1st place, not because the project is bad at all!!

I get what you're trying to say, the idea or the main concept itself is good, nothing groundbreaking but quite solid as it has been done so many times before even has classics in it's subgenre like Juuni Kokuki or Kyou Kara Maou, but seriously that's the only good thing of this show, the 'potential' to be a good show.. in the execution however you can see the terrible writing, as pointed out by Tyon

Tyon said:

The world building is horrible, everything in this show only revolves around stroking MC 'big brain' like a teacher teaching kindergartener alphabet and how to poop.

Another example that annoys me how this crown prince of Amidonia, a nation whose half of their land was 'stolen' by Elfrieden and held grudges for decades for their revenge, willing to listen to a mayor of a small defensless town to wait for days.

This is the same person that tries to divide Kings with their Generals, willing to risk breaking international treaty and put in bad spot against the strongest empire in their backyard, and what? He sits outside a defenseless city because they said it will surrender?? They don't even send sentries to the other frontlines nor scouting the cities to make sure the mayor keep his words..

of course in the end he is just a plot tool to further stroke MC accomplishment, a paper dragon that the main character slain so he can be called a hero. This show really fell short in writing a believable fictional world or even villain, what even more disappointing is it's even lacking in other department too, animation, fanservice, background, even music. Most of these can be blamed on the studio that does this project, but for the story, not even a good studio can fix that unless they were brave enough to turn it into 'animation original' (not all animation original is bad, for example I consider SHAFT take on Negima !? is a brilliant one, much to the author demise)
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 22, 2021 7:06 AM

Oct 2008
Tyon said:

It looks like you really don't know what you are talking about -.- In theory, it seems right, but it's very different from reality.
Europe is the epilogue of that, the worst case is even countries that are right sideways with each other. In my case, we have Portugal and Spain. Portugal has the same climate as Spain and much of the land is similar to them as well, problem? Portugal has much more and diverse food than Spain hopes to have (and the reverse as well, Spain has Paella that Portugal never thought of even copying it). It doesn't end up in diversion or quantity, but also in the use of the ingredients that are very different. Of course, you have common dishes, but we are talking about learning new things on a culinary basis.

Your opinion seems valid in theory, but it's very wrong (even the landslides, Japan still has a problem with those to this day, so it's normal that they put that on an Anime made today). I was talking about 2 countries that were supposed to be one, but they are not, in pretty much the same land, so by your "theory" it shouldn't be any excuses for both of them don't use the others culinary skills, and despite that, the reality is very different! And not just those 2, Italy from top to bottom is the same, France, and many others.
It's more like you don't know about things and just want to complain about everything -.-

azzuRe said:

I get what you're trying to say, the idea or the main concept itself is good, nothing groundbreaking but quite solid as it has been done so many times before even has classics in it's subgenre like Juuni Kokuki or Kyou Kara Maou, but seriously that's the only good thing of this show, the 'potential' to be a good show.. in the execution however you can see the terrible writing, as pointed out by Tyon

As for the writing... yeh... some of it could be better writing... but I don't see many flaws. Some of them are huge, ngl (the super overconfident general/king... It's possible but too dumb to be used here... regardless of what he could think that "his" plan is going perfectly, it's still a huge fail what he did). But much of the other things were not that bad, or even bad at all. From the changes that the "hero" did, from the priorities to the tactics, it was not that bad and was doable (and it was explained, poorly, but explained). Some of the tactics (not just military) I use on simulators and one of them was literally a version of the Trojan Horse.
The major fault of the anime was the studio, which after seeing the studio in question I can guarantee that they have no excuse for doing it (it's a big studio and they have a lot of good animes that were "made" with them) this is a very bad example of what they can do!
r_justoSep 22, 2021 7:58 AM
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Sep 22, 2021 5:54 PM

Nov 2017
I love how some people seem to be "hating"on the LN and Manga after probably only watching the anime :)
I'll admit it was a shallow adaption with a LOT missed out,but don't hate on something you probably haven't even read.
The LN has a hell of a lot more depth to its ideas and to the characters,and also explains why a lot of the different countries are,well,so different. ie:food styles etc etc.
Then again,it's only "Isekai" isn't it? and according to some,all Isekai are garbage ;)
Sep 22, 2021 7:25 PM
Aug 2018
Kirito_online said:
Sayan_Pal said:
dude, what negative comments, I said the manga is almost completely adapted in both these seasons, I know it's still publishing and I know season 3 is coming, what I said was that the LN is ahead in the progress of the story and the movie could be adapted from there, read carefully man don't misread or put words in my mouth to your convenienc.
ok,sorry but the movie may be anime original
Sep 23, 2021 5:33 AM

Apr 2017
Sayan_Pal said:
Kirito_online said:
could be, but the chances for that is low
Sep 23, 2021 6:32 AM
Aug 2018
Kirito_online said:
Sayan_Pal said:
nope,nothing is confired,so chances are there ,next vol as movie not do great
Sep 23, 2021 7:23 AM

Apr 2017
Sayan_Pal said:
Kirito_online said:
we can't be sure, the LN is ahead as I said.
Sep 23, 2021 7:35 AM
Aug 2018
Kirito_online said:
Sayan_Pal said:
if ln is ahead then also movie not do great, now stop disturb or reply me
Sep 23, 2021 7:37 AM

Apr 2017
Sayan_Pal said:
Kirito_online said:
if ln is ahead then also movie not do great, now stop disturb or reply me
I thought we were talking, guess not, sorry for "bothering" you.
Sep 29, 2021 2:03 AM
Feb 2020
Crashmatt said:
Swagernator said:
And an actual writing.

Yeah it not half as cleaver as it projects. The MC is bland as hell and let's not forget we had to sit though a whole episode on mud slides and forestry management.

Well it is supposed to be an anime about him making a better kingdom so it was at least somewhat interesting and relevant to the plot.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

147 by Akari_Netsu »»
May 14, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

91 by Archean-Return »»
May 1, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

87 by Archean-Return »»
May 1, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

99 by Archean-Return »»
May 1, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

140 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 30, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.