Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 16, 2021 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
This last episode left me with many doubts and I feel like ohto is denying the feelings he has towards Sawaki sensei. Honestly, I would not like the show to take that direction but I want to know what people think.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2021 12:41 PM
Jan 2021
Breadwithnothing said:
This last episode left me with many doubts and I feel like ohto is denying the feelings he has towards Sawaki sensei. Honestly, I would not like the show to take that direction but I want to know what people think.

I agree I still find the teacher creepy and think he's responsible for Ai's friend's suicide.
Feb 16, 2021 12:43 PM
Aug 2020
I kind of agree. I enjoyed her being sort of implicitly gay, so it would kinda ruin that, but it also feels like there could be more done with this than a secret crush + jealousy. That being said it wouldn’t be that bad either
Feb 16, 2021 12:53 PM
Nov 2020
Maybe the teacher is in love with Ohto that's why he keeps visiting her.
Feb 16, 2021 12:59 PM

Feb 2021
I'm still only on episode 3 but I think the teacher is a groomer/pedophile and partly responsible for her friend's suicide. He's now shifted his focus onto the MC because she walked in on them that one time her friend was crying (he knows she knows) and he wants to make sure she keeps quiet. I'll edit my post if my opinion changes after I catch up.
Feb 16, 2021 2:43 PM
Feb 2021
I rlly hope she isn´t cause i think the teacher is involved with her friends death, plus he gives off pedo vibes and in my opinion it would way more interesting if ohto felt jealousy and hatred towards the teacher rather than a crush on him idk
Feb 16, 2021 2:47 PM
Sep 2019
I feel like the show tried to trick us in beliving she loved the teacher, but in reality she doesn't. It's a small plot twist, but I breathed a huge sigh of relief whenever she said she wanted to go to school instead of falling in love with the teacher.
Feb 16, 2021 3:33 PM
Feb 2021
i hope you r right what u said made a lot of sense
Feb 16, 2021 4:14 PM
Aug 2020
Most likely no. Her friends teased her about it which probably made her confused and think "am I actually in love with him?"
Feb 16, 2021 4:19 PM

Nov 2019
During the last seconds of the sixth episode I kept thinking to myself "Please Ai, don't have a crush on him". Still something feels odd about the teacher. Koito and him were close and she ended up dead, now he's pushing himself on Ai's mom with possible ulterior motives.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Feb 16, 2021 4:31 PM
Aug 2020
I think he may have had something to do with her friends suicide, but I think it might just be him saying that some pedo relationship can't work, like how Moemoe is "responsible" for her friends death in rejecting her. They are family, so it might make sense in that regard
Feb 16, 2021 4:38 PM

Jul 2019
I am pretty sure the girls brought it up in the episode as one of the theories behind Ai's dislike. I was expecting her to say I love you at the end too lol.

----
Onicugab said:
that theory came up in the episode and would explain why he'd want to get rid of Ai's friend
Feb 16, 2021 4:53 PM

Sep 2020
Is she in love with the teacher?
Based on the latest episode I'd say that she certainly has a crash on the guy but who knows if her feeling are stronger and deeper than that, because it's only thanks to the rest of the gang that she started sorting out her honest thoughts on him.
Feb 16, 2021 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
I agree with that. She is in love with her Sasaki Sensei even though she keeps yelling she doesn't. But if the story take that path for her being interested in her Sensei. Then anime might got ruined cause seriously a teacher and student love story (???). And I don't get why her mother said she and Sawaki sensei are going to start dating , it doesn't make any sense.
Feb 16, 2021 5:51 PM

Aug 2020
I think she might be, but I also think the teacher might be the main villain AKA responsible for Koito's death.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Feb 16, 2021 6:00 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Pokyard77 said:
I agree with that. She is in love with her Sasaki Sensei even though she keeps yelling she doesn't. But if the story take that path for her being interested in her Sensei. Then anime might got ruined cause seriously a teacher and student love story (???). And I don't get why her mother said she and Sawaki sensei are going to start dating , it doesn't make any sense.

Bruh she's a single mother the teacher vists every week or so to check on Ai in the mothers eyes he seems like a caring dude so ofc she'd fall for him eventually lol and lots of people saying the teacher is weird but come on at least he is visiting most teachers would not even care if they dont turn up to school but he probably feels responsible for koitos death, my theory is that koito had a crush on the teacher but the teacher couldn't return the feelings as he is a teacher plus it looked like koito felt a but of jealousy towards Ai because the teacher was showing more concern for Ai cuz Ai was a loner and looked like she was probably being bullied

Feb 16, 2021 6:06 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Chida said:
I think she might be, but I also think the teacher might be the main villain AKA responsible for Koito's death.

I Don't think he is a villain, when one of his relatives is part of the magical egg squad and she already made it clear her uncle ain't like that she knows her uncle ffs, anyone who has relatives if they were f*cked in head they'd know, i feel like people are only saying he might be the villain based on the way he acts i could be wrong but i don't think he is a bad dude he seems gentle like his niece

Feb 16, 2021 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
Kiriikun said:
Pokyard77 said:

Bruh she's a single mother the teacher vists every week or so to check on Ai in the mothers eyes he seems like a caring dude so ofc she'd fall for him eventually lol and lots of people saying the teacher is weird but come on at least he is visiting most teachers would not even care if they dont turn up to school but he probably feels responsible for koitos death, my theory is that koito had a crush on the teacher but the teacher couldn't return the feelings as he is a teacher plus it looked like koito felt a but of jealousy towards Ai because the teacher was showing more concern for Ai cuz Ai was a loner and looked like she was probably being bullied
I totally agreed with your point . But seriously you don't think it is weird for a teacher just to keep visiting a specific Student. I don't think he regret about koito death. In the end of the anime he might be ended up being married to ai mother. But tbh the anime is getting started to be fading. But your point is legitimate, so I won't be saying more.
Feb 16, 2021 6:14 PM

Aug 2020
Kiriikun said:
Chida said:

I Don't think he is a villain, when one of his relatives is part of the magical egg squad and she already made it clear her uncle ain't like that she knows her uncle ffs, anyone who has relatives if they were f*cked in head they'd know, i feel like people are only saying he might be the villain based on the way he acts i could be wrong but i don't think he is a bad dude he seems gentle like his niece

*ERASED flash backs start pouring in*
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Feb 16, 2021 6:17 PM

Jan 2020
Hopefully she isn't. Maybe she is but idk

Feb 16, 2021 6:17 PM
May 2020
I sort of doubt on this, because this anime seems to be very detailed when it comes to visual, and i don't find any suspicious from Ohto's expression when denying that she loves sensei, in fact all i can just see is just a hate.

If she likes him tho, at the end of episode she should've at least get a blush
Feb 16, 2021 6:19 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Pokyard77 said:
Kiriikun said:

I totally agreed with your point . But seriously you don't think it is weird for a teacher just to keep visiting a specific Student. I don't think he regret about koito death. In the end of the anime he might be ended up being married to ai mother. But tbh the anime is getting started to be fading. But your point is legitimate, so I won't be saying more.

I can see where you are coming from with his visits, but its like this if you know your student has been through some really shitty experience at school and that caused them to withdraw from school wouldn't you want check on her wellbeing, you see in lots of animes when people become hikimoris no one ever tries reaching out to them they just lowkey leave them be but to me it just looks like the teacher was trying his best and ended up falling in love with Ai mum, as for Ai being in love with the teacher its like this her friends were the ones who placed that idea in her head even tho she might not be it made her question herself am i really in love with him or not etc thats why she was saying no while fighting the monster thing because shes telling herself nah that ain't possible and when she went out in the rain it was to confirm for herself whether or not she likes him but she found her answer thats my take on the matter

Feb 16, 2021 6:20 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
I noticed with this show it doesn't really tell it you straight but rather it wants you the audience to rack out brains with the possibilities

Feb 16, 2021 6:23 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Chida said:
Kiriikun said:

*ERASED flash backs start pouring in*

I can't fully remember what happened in ERASED but i could be wrong tho he could end up being a bad guy but to me personally all i see is a very gentle dude but if he does end up being bad then id feel sorry for his niece because she doesn't deserve this at all she genuinely likes her uncle and for him to turn into a bad guy would be pretty sad

Feb 16, 2021 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
Kiriikun said:
Pokyard77 said:

I can see where you are coming from with his visits, but its like this if you know your student has been through some really shitty experience at school and that caused them to withdraw from school wouldn't you want check on her wellbeing, you see in lots of animes when people become hikimoris no one ever tries reaching out to them they just lowkey leave them be but to me it just looks like the teacher was trying his best and ended up falling in love with Ai mum, as for Ai being in love with the teacher its like this her friends were the ones who placed that idea in her head even tho she might not be it made her question herself am i really in love with him or not etc thats why she was saying no while fighting the monster thing because shes telling herself nah that ain't possible and when she went out in the rain it was to confirm for herself whether or not she likes him but she found her answer thats my take on the matter
okay I agreed with your point of view about the teacher. But if we relate this with the anime , it is not making sense. How can we go from suicide murder and whatever to romantic story between a teacher and a student. Okay the teacher is trying to represent his good side but seriously it is ended up being a love story between a sensei and it's student. And this type of theme isn't relevant with kind of anime wonder egg priority is.
Feb 16, 2021 7:00 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Pokyard77 said:
Kiriikun said:

okay I agreed with your point of view about the teacher. But if we relate this with the anime , it is not making sense. How can we go from suicide murder and whatever to romantic story between a teacher and a student. Okay the teacher is trying to represent his good side but seriously it is ended up being a love story between a sensei and it's student. And this type of theme isn't relevant with kind of anime wonder egg priority is.

No she isn't in love with him, I'll try and explain this the best way i can ok, her friends came to this conclusion on their own and said it cuz thats what they think it might not be true but thats the conclusion they cane up with and started to spring that idea onto Ai which made Ai question herself like any teenage girl would, she was thinking of the possibilities of whether it could be true or not hence her randomly saying no while fighting the monster and when she ran in the rain to school it was obvious to see and confirm whether what her friends said was true or not but from what i saw it looked like Ai herself has gotten her answer i believe she doesn't like him but thats me, it looked as if a weight or something on her shoulders had been lifted by confronting the teacher thats me done i can't think of anything else also the suicide thing Ai herself says she wants to know what happened to koito but it feels like part of her doesn't want to know so i recon that everything will be revealed around ep 10 maybe

Feb 16, 2021 7:08 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Pokyard77 said:
Kiriikun said:

But isn't wonder egg about girls what went through some bad experiences like rape or abuse etc basically girls who went through bad experiences,the niece of the wonder egg squad forgot her name her friend turned out to be gay and liked her in a romantic way vut when she made a move on her friend the friend reacted in a way that caused the gay friend to feel a kind of way which resulted in the gay friend taking her own life that is probably what happened to her and i presume that is the same situation koito and the teacher had plus Ai being the center of the teacher attention probably added jealousy to koito again this is just me saying what i think anyone can way in their own opinion on this of you want

Feb 16, 2021 7:11 PM

Nov 2014
i dont think so
Ai was feeling frustrated that Rika wasn't believing her and keep insisting that she likes the teacher
then we were shown her fighting off that monster saving the girl and telling her and she understands her (she didn't say what but it's obvious that she can relate to be misunderstood by others and feeling alone cause no one's understanding her).
so from this i think we can assume that she was saying the truth when she denied liking the teacher
Feb 16, 2021 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
Kiriikun said:
Pokyard77 said:

But isn't wonder egg about girls what went through some bad experiences like rape or abuse etc basically girls who went through bad experiences,the niece of the wonder egg squad forgot her name her friend turned out to be gay and liked her in a romantic way vut when she made a move on her friend the friend reacted in a way that caused the gay friend to feel a kind of way which resulted in the gay friend taking her own life that is probably what happened to her and i presume that is the same situation koito and the teacher had plus Ai being the center of the teacher attention probably added jealousy to koito again this is just me saying what i think anyone can way in their own opinion on this of you want
okay you are right in every aspect. And thanks for explaining that one, cause it was keep eating my brain cells whenever I think about it. At last I just wanted your opinion about its ending , do you think that sensei was the main antagonist after all or both of them will ended up being together?
Feb 16, 2021 8:18 PM
Oct 2018
Breadwithnothing said:

I dont think taking this direction would destroy the show or anything, but I guess that it would be really awkward. But we know that Wonder Egg still has a lot of nuance and perspective going for it, and Neiru thinking that Ai likes sensei doesn't mean that this is true
Akkarin! Hai!
Feb 16, 2021 9:29 PM
Aug 2018
I believe it's a misdirection on the shows part (but, the occams razor reference isn't). Also, just personally, I REALLY hope the show doesn't go in that direction. And so far I don't think we have seen ANYTHING that gives a hint towards Ai liking him. Heck, she really hasn't even interacted with him enough to form any crush, imo.
Feb 16, 2021 9:49 PM
Feb 2015
I feel like Ai wants to observe Sawaki sensei more by going to school. Highly doubt she has feelings for him. Possibly trying debunk the theory that Sawaki is using Ai’s mom as a decoy to go for Ai
Feb 16, 2021 9:51 PM
Feb 2021
I don’t think she is. I just think that since he’s been nice to her she more open.... but I think the mom might. Also Sawaki has PURE pedo vibes
Feb 17, 2021 12:08 AM

May 2015
No fucking way.
Ai snapped and now she's going full yandere to get all answers from the prof and make him get away from mom in the most horrible way. Of course she has a master plan, that's why she's acting that way.
Feb 17, 2021 12:22 AM
Feb 2021
I also wouldn’t like the show to go this direction. My hope was that Ai secretly had a crush on Koito. Idk what to say I just want it to be gay and btw the teacher gives off toxic, dangerous vibes. Please don‘t.
Feb 17, 2021 12:40 AM

Nov 2020
i'm still doubting whether Ai has feelings for the teacher or not but if in the next episode she realizes that she loves him, there is a possibility that she could pretend to be in love with him to know more about koito's death. i think Sawaki is responsible for her friend's death and gave off pedo vibes so it wouldn't surprise me if he was attracted to her but right now, Ai's feelings are still ambiguous

RIP sigmund freud you would've loved Neon Genesis Evangelion

天の川 : art credits

Feb 17, 2021 12:45 AM

Nov 2020
WonderEgg said:
I also wouldn’t like the show to go this direction. My hope was that Ai secretly had a crush on Koito. Idk what to say I just want it to be gay and btw the teacher gives off toxic, dangerous vibes. Please don‘t.

Most of the wonders who have been killed were creepy old men preying on younger girls, so if the show does take that direction, there's no way it will be portrayed as anything other than predatory or get romanticized. The best theory for now would be that it's all an act to find out about koito's death. But i really don't think Ai loves him and the show will go in that direction

RIP sigmund freud you would've loved Neon Genesis Evangelion

天の川 : art credits

Feb 17, 2021 1:08 AM

Sep 2020
That's shit may not happen , I don't want the story to take that direction
Feb 17, 2021 2:16 AM

Aug 2018
i would be so fucking mad if that was the case. i really hope that isn't the direction the story takes since i feel like it would ruin the whole show for me, especially with the pedo vibes i get from him.

Feb 17, 2021 2:18 AM

Aug 2018
shownin said:
I'm still only on episode 3 but I think the teacher is a groomer/pedophile and partly responsible for her friend's suicide. He's now shifted his focus onto the MC because she walked in on them that one time her friend was crying (he knows she knows) and he wants to make sure she keeps quiet. I'll edit my post if my opinion changes after I catch up.

definitely feel like your opinion won't change once you catch up.

Feb 17, 2021 2:47 AM

Feb 2021
i think you guys are onto something with the teacher being the main villain. i get that vibe. and my instincts are often right about these plot twists.
Protesters, assemble!!
Feb 18, 2021 12:42 AM
Jun 2020
shownin said:
yes what you said, I agree right on the money
Feb 18, 2021 1:28 AM

May 2020
RoyalGodyssey said:
I kind of agree. I enjoyed her being sort of implicitly gay, so it would kinda ruin that, but it also feels like there could be more done with this than a secret crush + jealousy. That being said it wouldn’t be that bad either

isn't the sensee a dude?

Onicugab said:

that would be terrible; i really hope Wonder Egg doesn't do that especially after that child abuse episode

Kiriikun said:
Chida said:

Isn't that the point where you judge people by how they act? Are we supposed to judge him by his looks? It doesn't matter if one person thinks their relative is 'okay' because idk about you, but I know a couple families have some dark secrets going on and the fact that Momoe defended him w/o basis is part of the problem...
Space_BoyfriendFeb 18, 2021 1:38 AM

signature by
nightshadekait
Feb 27, 2021 2:36 AM

Sep 2009
Personally, I think that the teacher has a thing for Ai... I wouldn't call it love, cuz to me he's just a sickening pedo >,> I think that he got involved with Koito just to get close to Ai, same as why he's getting involved with he mother now. Either way, I hope to God that Ai doesn't have feelings for him cuz he makes me sick >,> No matter how you look at it, he's just a fuckin pedo... I can very much see him being the final villain of the show.

We're all golden
Sunflwers
on the inside :>
Mar 28, 2021 6:26 PM
Dec 2020
I think Ohto does have a crush on her teacher, despite denying feelings towards him. However, it doesn’t mean I ship them and that anyone has to ship them, considering it’s illegal and gross. I don’t mind if the show confirms her feelings towards her teacher because it’s normal for girls to have a crush on their teachers. However, I don’t really like Mr. Sawaki. He gives me the creeps, and I hope he doesn’t hurt Ai’s mother.

Update: (SPOILERS AHEAD) turns out Ohto liked the teacher, and the teacher is actually a nice guy who is in love with Ohto's mom.
misatoirlSep 19, 2021 3:33 PM
Mar 28, 2021 6:28 PM
Dec 2020
Kawwwa said:
Personally, I think that the teacher has a thing for Ai... I wouldn't call it love, cuz to me he's just a sickening pedo >,> I think that he got involved with Koito just to get close to Ai, same as why he's getting involved with he mother now. Either way, I hope to God that Ai doesn't have feelings for him cuz he makes me sick >,> No matter how you look at it, he's just a fuckin pedo... I can very much see him being the final villain of the show.

Facts, tho, like first he somehow becomes close with Ai’s ONLY friend, then he visits her at home all the time and now all of a sudden he’s dating her mom???? CREEPYYYYY.
Mar 28, 2021 10:08 PM

Feb 2015
This show wastes so much time pretending to set up things that will never pay out, is the Prof a villain? does Ai like him? Why did her friend kill herself?
also WTF is all this lore in the final episodes? Breeding people, creating artificial humans, out of nowhere villain, dream technology, parallel universes, i liked more when this was a obtuse quasi fantasy show, not sci-fi, i don't think they're good enough to make this work.
i'm almost expecting a Trigger ending, with space shit and all.
SteelingMaxMar 28, 2021 10:14 PM

Mar 28, 2021 10:10 PM

Dec 2019
SteelingMax said:
This show wastes so much time pretending to set up things that will never pay out, is the Prof a villain? does Ai like him? Why did her friend kill herself?
also WTF is all this lore in the final episodes?
i'm almost expecting a Trigger ending, with space shit and all.

Plot twist: They were actually living in a society run by aliens taking magma energy from the earth because they wanted to take over the universe so Ai becomes a giant space robot unicorn waifu.
Mar 28, 2021 10:19 PM

Feb 2015
Xesty17 said:
Plot twist: They were actually living in a society run by aliens taking magma energy from the earth because they wanted to take over the universe so Ai becomes a giant space robot unicorn waifu.
I'd rather the villain be Ai's yellow coat and the sowed puppets Acca and Ura-Acca that were made with spiral energy infused fabric looking alien species.

Mar 29, 2021 4:07 AM

Jul 2019
I don't think so. Neiru suggested it but ever since there have been 0 signs that it's true so I doubt it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

303 by scorpioniclibra »»
Jun 18, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

414 by KitsuFrost »»
Jun 17, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

212 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Jun 8, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 9, 2021

160 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Feb 2, 2021

294 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.