Forum Settings
Forums

I wish Game of Thrones was adapted into an anime.

New
Nov 29, 2015 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
I would so watch it. I mean anime has explored all the possible things that could be considered not done before. Character killing/deaths?(Attack on Titan, Gen Urobutcher) Nude/Sex scenes(Hentai, HS DxD, HOTD, Valvrave) Political Intrigue(Code Geass, LOGH) Fantasy/Magic(Literally all anime's in the fantasy genre). What would be impossible? I think Game of thrones would translate well to animation instead of live action and some CG added for the dragons. What do you guys think? If you're a fan of GRRM's books and Anime, would you watch an anime adaption of it?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 29, 2015 12:01 PM

Jul 2013
There is one. Is called Akame ga Kill.
Nov 29, 2015 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Yes,it would certainly be possible and maybe it would turn out even better than the TV series,since the budget of the TV series makes it hard to capture the scope,imo.

I wouldn't watch it tho.

Mar 2015
BERSERK.

Jul 2015
But why ?

There's already a successful series .Wouldn't watch it .animation will kill it .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Aug 2014
I have a vivid image of the bit where Robert concaves Rheagar's breast plate and all the rubies fall down, in amazingly animated anime style.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Aug 2014
It wouldn't work.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Nov 29, 2015 12:03 PM

Jul 2015
Illyricus said:

Tru .
Nov 29, 2015 12:03 PM

Oct 2015
If it was adapted well then it could be good, but honestly I don't think they'd pull it off near where it should be to capture the beauty of GoT.
Nov 29, 2015 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
I think it would transition over nicely, it isn't needed though.
Nov 29, 2015 12:06 PM

Sep 2013
mirai nikki
Nov 29, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
Illyricus said:

I think you mean Akame GAY Kill. IMO that anime had a lot of wasted potential.

Evildragon16 said:
But why ?

There's already a successful series .Wouldn't watch it .animation will kill it .

How so? It doesn't even have to be "Anime" technically. GRRM could license GOT to some american animation company like Dreamworks or Pixar(highly unlikely I know) or some superhero animation studio like DC or Marvel. Honestly if the live action show manged to become so good, I feel like an animation would be 1000 times better.
Nov 29, 2015 12:08 PM

May 2015
Can't be any worse than D&D's bastardization of the source material.
Nov 29, 2015 12:10 PM

Jul 2013
DemonSage said:
Illyricus said:

Unfortunately, I have to agree with that.
Nov 29, 2015 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
Maybe even Rooster Teeth could do it. Imagine a RWBY-esque GOT show. Or Red vs. Blue. For a YouTube channel they are crazy good.
Nov 29, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2015
DemonSage said:
Illyricus said:

Evildragon16 said:
But why ?

How so? It doesn't even have to be "Anime" technically. GRRM could license GOT to some american animation company like Dreamworks or Pixar(highly unlikely I know) or some superhero animation studio like DC or Marvel. Honestly if the live action show manged to become so good, I feel like an animation would be 1000 times better.

I don't think it'd be so successful tho .Not because of problems in adaptation but because it would lack some of the appeal only live action has .The gruesomeness of a beheading ,expression of emotion .Things like that won't really transition well into animation (well they can but it won't be as good as live action )

On second thoughts I'd watch it .Just to see what exactly they did .
Nov 29, 2015 12:12 PM
Jun 2015
GoT is the only western show I watch, lol.
Nov 29, 2015 12:16 PM

Dec 2012
I don't agree. I think GOT wouldn't benefit a lot from being animated, yes there is fantasy but most of it revolves around political conflicts and such which is better in live action because it adds realism and grittiness.
Nov 29, 2015 12:20 PM

Jun 2012
This sems like a rather arbitrary judgement to me "I like xy and I like z, therefore xy should become xyz!".

A lot of people want to see their favourite stories adapted into their favourite medium, the world just isn't so convenient for eveyone, buddy.
Nov 29, 2015 12:21 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
I don't agree. I think GOT wouldn't benefit a lot from being animated, yes there is fantasy but most of it revolves around political conflicts and such which is better in live action because it adds realism and grittiness.

I do agree that the live action would add realism to the political world but what of the fantastical world? Dragons, Whitewalkers, the magic, the CG animation?
Nov 29, 2015 12:25 PM

Jan 2014
AUGUSTUS said:
This sems like a rather arbitrary judgement to me "I like xy, therefore xy should become yy!".

Not really. Same argument could be used for any adaption of any source material.

"I like GoT, therefore GoT should become a TV Show." And it is.

"I like GoT, therefore GoT should become a Video Game." There are.

"I like GoT, therefore GoT should become a Graphic Novel." And it is.

I don't see why anime or animation in general should be any different.
DemonSageNov 29, 2015 12:28 PM
Nov 29, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2012
DemonSage said:
AUGUSTUS said:
This sems like a rather arbitrary judgement to me "I like xy, therefore xy should become yy!".

Not really. Same could be used for any adaption of any source material.

"I like GoT, therefore GoT should become a TV Show." And it is.

"I like GoT, therefore GoT should become a Video Game." There are.

"I like GoT, therefore GoT should become a Graphic Novel." And it is.

I don't see why anime or animation in general should be any different.
It isn't any different, but you mistake a personal demand to be a global demand.
Have you looked into the sales of ASOIAF merchandise worldwide? There's no certainty that an Anime adaptation would bring in the revenue of the past business ventures you've cited.

Do they sell Game of Thrones themed toothbrushes, for instance? Would it be a sound idea to start doing so without understanding whether or not there is a demand among toothbrush buyers to possess a black brush with a gold kraken sigil on it?
Nov 29, 2015 12:44 PM

Sep 2013
Here's a simple parallel.

If Breaking Bad were made into an anime series, it would lose a lot of its original weight (like suspension of disbelief), making it a bad TV series to adapt.

Therefore, if Game of Thrones were adapted into an anime series, it would suffer the same consequences and simply be a bad adaptation that would not be nearly as enjoyable as the original series.
Nov 29, 2015 12:46 PM

Mar 2015
Ugh, I don't want that stupid show plaguing the anime community as well.
Let's be honest, there's some hentai that have the same plot and content as GoT. Watch that.
Nov 29, 2015 12:49 PM

Jan 2014
*Note all currency is exchanged into american dollars for easier comparing.

On AVERAGE, most Japanese anime's with a medium budget cost anywhere from $100K to $150K every episode. A two-cour season that has 26 episodes will cost $2.6M to $3.9M.

Western Animated shows like Family Guy and the Simpsons cost between $1M to $4M PER EPISODE. I fail to see where all that money goes when I sit down on my couch, turn on my TV and watch an episode of the Simpsons. In the animator's pockets no doubt. 26 episodes for them cost $26M to $104M. !!!

Now lets take the hit HBO live-action show GoT. IT'S episodes started at $6M but in recent seasons, no episode is lower than $8M. One whole season(Only 10 episodes) is $60M to $80M. If it were 26 episodes, imagine just how much is spent when the cost is $156M to $208M+

Ludicrous amounts of money spent, when anime costs less than 4 million.

If we gave a Studio like Madhouse(I would trust no other studio to do it better, except maybe, MAYBE Production I.G.) just half of that budget(30 million dollars) could you imagine the quality level of that show.

Of course I'm aware that the money could not just appear out of thin air. America's economy and taste for extravagant spending is completely opposite of Japan's. But I can dream, right?
Nov 29, 2015 12:53 PM

Feb 2013
Why would you want it to be turn into an anime? it would be full of lolis, stupid fanservice and it would be censored most of the time.

Nov 29, 2015 12:56 PM

Jan 2012
There are better things to animate...
Rather give me a Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria or 20th Century Boys anime.
Honestly I dislike GoT , however I won't make a reply just to say I hate it therefore it shouldn't be an anime. I'll instead say why I think it wouldn't work well.

The thing that makes game of thrones believable is the fact that it's actual actors. When you take that away it loses a lot of it's feeling in regards to setting as well as characters.
Anime works well with doing effects that real actors and cg would have trouble with.

In game of thrones' case an anime adaption wouldn't add anything new to it.
Game of thrones is essentially a lot of build-up with little actual "action" so to speak.

It builds up the entire season and then in the last 2 episodes it gives the watchers cliffhangers to make them excited for the next season , while it didn't really expand too much upon anything actually.

Honestly I don't think it would sell very well. There are already similar novels/shows out there that do similar things better than GoT like Arslan no senki.

Just my 2 cents though.
Nov 29, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
Xynical said:
Here's a simple parallel.

If Breaking Bad were made into an anime series, it would lose a lot of its original weight (like suspension of disbelief), making it a bad TV series to adapt.

Therefore, if Game of Thrones were adapted into an anime series, it would suffer the same consequences and simply be a bad adaptation that would not be nearly as enjoyable as the original series.

I know what you mean, but you're assuming that the adaption would automatically be bad.

Since no western material has been adapted into Japanese animation(to my knowledge at least, correct me if I'm wrong), it's safe to say that it could be great or terrible. Thing is we don't know.

I'm just a believer that it COULD be great. Instead of it MIGHT be bad. Two sides of the same coin. Similar to the half-full, half-empty perspective of a glass of water.
Nov 29, 2015 12:59 PM

Sep 2013
Ohohoho. Look up Xmen. Wolverine. Iron man. (tl;dr they're all shit adaptations)

No one is going to fund a game of thrones project.
Nov 29, 2015 12:59 PM

Dec 2012
DemonSage said:
tsudecimo said:

I do agree that the live action would add realism to the political world but what of the fantastical world? Dragons, Whitewalkers, the magic, the CG animation?

For me the fantasy elements of GoT is not the main appeal of it, at the very least I personally don't like them especially the Whitewalkers.
Nov 29, 2015 1:01 PM

Jul 2011
You have become soo much of a Weeaboo that you want perfectly adapted tv shows to be turned into anime. Really nigga? really?
Nov 29, 2015 1:03 PM

Jan 2014
badwolf45f said:
Why would you want it to be turn into an anime? it would be full of lolis, stupid fanservice and it would be censored most of the time.
On the contrary I should think that it would be full of Action, Political Intrigue and some sexy scenes. It wouldn't be shonen, heck even seinen. It would be a show that defines and forges its own target demographic.
Nov 29, 2015 1:04 PM

May 2015
Extreme3708 said:
You have become soo much of a Weeaboo that you want perfectly adapted tv shows to be turned into anime. Really nigga? really?

Perfectly adapted? Are you taking the mickey?
Nov 29, 2015 1:04 PM

Nov 2015
Illyricus said:

haha this^

GOT is so overrated in my opinion. I mean, it's a good show but not really more than that =/ Just my opinion.
Nov 29, 2015 1:10 PM

Jan 2014
Extreme3708 said:

Here I was having a serious discussion, wondering when the trolls would come. Unfortunately, I didn't have to wonder long because one came within the 32th post and brought the only word in his vocabulary with him. Tsk Tsk Tsk

If you have nothing better to contribute to the discussion than calling people weabs, then please leave kindly.
Nov 29, 2015 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
DemonSage said:
badwolf45f said:
On the contrary I should think that it would be full of Action, Political Intrigue and some sexy scenes. It wouldn't be shonen, heck even seinen. It would be a show that defines and forges its own target demographic.

Well if this ever happened, stuff like ''moe'' and ''loli'' wouldn't happen just because it's an anime anyway (not to mention incest and underage sex already exists on GoT)

If it happened, I imagine it would be like Berserk or Arslan Senki or maybe 12 Kingdoms.
Nov 29, 2015 1:14 PM
Nov 2015
only as a pretentious hentai
Nov 29, 2015 2:39 PM

Jul 2015
every a minute you will see blood and hentai, oh wait why not both

well no thanks
Well Duh...

Nov 29, 2015 3:06 PM

Oct 2015
You how many boobies are in Game of Thrones? A whole lot, and would it become anime, well you might as well times it by 10 and call it the love child of DxD and Valkyrie Drive :P
Nov 29, 2015 3:19 PM

Jul 2014
Anime would make it so much better. Anime makes everything better. Also can You imagine the soundtrack especially if its picked up by a high budget Studio. Only thing tht would suck is if its censored througout the season cause then u gotta buy bluerays
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Nov 29, 2015 3:24 PM

Jul 2011
DemonSage said:
Extreme3708 said:

Here I was having a serious discussion, wondering when the trolls would come. Unfortunately, I didn't have to wonder long because one came within the 32th post and brought the only word in his vocabulary with him. Tsk Tsk Tsk

If you have nothing better to contribute to the discussion than calling people weabs, then please leave kindly.

Oh do you have any other word that describes you? Weeaboo seems rational to me. Is it the Japanese voices? You want an American show that is good as it is to be turned into cartoons with Japanese voices....Weaaboo it is bro, Im not trolling, you wanted a discussion so here it is.
Nov 29, 2015 3:25 PM

Nov 2014
BaitOfJustice said:

Nov 29, 2015 3:26 PM

Sep 2009
Maybe it'd be less boring as an anime.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 29, 2015 3:28 PM

Mar 2015
Fate/Zero...?
Nov 29, 2015 3:30 PM

May 2015
Why Game of Thrones when you can adapt I, Claudius?

It has no dragons, but it's far more fantastical, hilarious and tense.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 29, 2015 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
Just read Berserk instead.
Nov 29, 2015 3:53 PM

Jul 2007
It would certainly be better than the god awful cancerous abomination that is HBO's GOT "adaptation".
Nov 29, 2015 4:01 PM

Jan 2010
BaitOfJustice said:

Damnit! Someone stole my joke :(
Nov 29, 2015 4:05 PM

Feb 2015
why? as an anime it would be heavily censored.
Nov 29, 2015 4:11 PM

Apr 2011
It would be awful, just like the show.

Honestly it wouldn't be much different from Akame ga Kill because it always tries to be as gory and shocking as possible. The only difference would be that it drags on forever, with constant unnecessary plot twists.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime peaked in 1998

Iron_Leopard - 2 hours ago

9 by KitsuFrost »»
5 minutes ago

» What's one anime or character in your favorites you wish had Ecchi or Hentai scenes for officially?

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

9 by FanofAction »»
40 minutes ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

28 by Timeline_man »»
48 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

77 by ColourWheel »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you agree that One Piece being the top 1 currently airing anime suggests this Spring is weak?

18927 - 11 hours ago

28 by Merve2Love »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.