Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2015 3:56 AM

Jun 2014
Why do you many people hate mainstream anime? What're your thoughts on people who hate it just for being mainstream?
TyrelMar 5, 2016 4:51 PM
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2015 3:59 AM
Feb 2014
So even if I rate it a 6/10 and offer valid criticisms of the show, I'm creating the toxicity? LMFAO holy shit dude, stop acting so oppressed.
Mar 20, 2015 3:59 AM

Oct 2008
10/10 Nice rant ,would read again.
Mar 20, 2015 4:01 AM

Aug 2014
Okay.
Mar 20, 2015 4:03 AM

Dec 2013
I wonder how many threads will pop up about this show :D
Mar 20, 2015 4:03 AM

Jul 2014
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Chill. Everybody has different tastes.
Mar 20, 2015 4:04 AM

Jun 2014
seems there are more hating threads ranting about how they hate it though
Mar 20, 2015 4:04 AM

Feb 2015
Shitposta said:
So even if I rate it a 6/10 and offer valid criticisms of the show, I'm creating the toxicity? LMFAO holy shit dude, stop acting so oppressed.

^this
Mar 20, 2015 4:05 AM

Jun 2014
Shitposta said:

never said rating it down is toxic, just said not watching it and calling it overhyped is.
Mar 20, 2015 4:05 AM
Feb 2014
sourteeth said:
seems there are more hating threads ranting about how they hate it though

You can always ignore them. Never take the anime community seriously. I don't like the hate threads either, but a keyboard warrior style rant? Here's where you'll be laughed at, dude.

And Shigatsu is overhyped, the reception we've been getting from literally all of anime discussion today has been Shigatsu this and Shigatsu that. Admit it, it's overhyped, you can't control what's hyped and what's not. Tens of thousands of people can, though.
Mar 20, 2015 4:10 AM

Jun 2014
Shitposta said:

You can always ignore them. Never take the anime community seriously. I don't like the hate threads either, but a keyboard warrior style rant? Here's where you'll be laughed at, dude.

And Shigatsu is overhyped, the reception we've been getting from literally all of anime discussion today has been Shigatsu this and Shigatsu that. Admit it, it's overhyped, you can't control what's hyped and what's not. Tens of thousands of people can, though.

nah keyboard warrior would be like " you tards are wrong, fight me for it!"
Mar 20, 2015 4:12 AM
Feb 2014
sourteeth said:
Shitposta said:

Then try not to make foolish OPs with caps lock, makes you look beyond upset.
Mar 20, 2015 4:13 AM

Aug 2014
Aw boo hoo, go cry me a river like the characters in your shitty melodramatic Chinese Cartoon.
Mar 20, 2015 4:14 AM
Nov 2014
Chelizzle said:
Good
Mar 20, 2015 4:15 AM

Jul 2012
It's not mainstream though
הלב שלי כבר מת
Mar 20, 2015 4:21 AM

Jun 2014
F0XFIRE said:
Aw boo hoo, go cry me a river like the characters in your shitty melodramatic Chinese Cartoon.

boo hoo, want me to cry two rivers?
Mar 20, 2015 4:24 AM

Apr 2014
You can never please the people from the West because they don't know the culture of the East.
I short they can't have a feel for It. That's cultural differences for you.
But if you are also from a Western Culture and rated this high, It's just because you got feels for it. (You had understand it.)
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 20, 2015 4:28 AM
Feb 2014
Rayzer said:
You can never please the people from the West because they don't know the culture of the East.
But if you are also from a Western Culture and rated this high, It's just because you got feels for it. (You had understand it.)

As someone who was raised in an Eastern culture I can assure you that this statement is bogus.

People liking and disliking things come from the individual's perspective, even in collective cultures. No one is forcing anyone to like Shigatsu but ultimately yourself. Now that's the truth.
Mar 20, 2015 4:30 AM

Aug 2014
Rayzer said:

Everyone on Myanimelist who dislikes Shigatsu didn't like it because of cultural differences and because they prefer cartoons, is that what you're saying?

I have my doubts that's it.
Mar 20, 2015 4:31 AM

Sep 2014
because they are pretentious attention whores and nothing more

i havent even watched the show, but I cant take someone who rates it with a 1 seriously. from what i have seen it deserves more than that for art and music alone
Mar 20, 2015 4:31 AM
Feb 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Rayzer said:

Everyone on Myanimelist who dislikes Shigatsu didn't like it because of cultural differences and because they prefer cartoons, is that what you're saying?

I have my doubts that's it.

Ugh, he's just another fanboy who probably will act all high and mighty because he got feels from this show... Ignore him until he's run out of gas =_=
Mar 20, 2015 4:39 AM

Apr 2014
Shitposta said:

People liking and disliking things come from the individual's perspective, even in collective cultures. No one is forcing anyone to like Shigatsu but ultimately yourself. Now that's the truth.

And as someone who lives in the Western World... So you are saying cultural differences doesn't have anything to do with someone's perspective?
Mar 20, 2015 4:42 AM

Aug 2013
chat77 said:
Shitposta said:

^this
BruceLad said:
Chelizzle said:
Good

yes
Mar 20, 2015 4:46 AM
Feb 2014
Rayzer said:
Shitposta said:

And as someone who lives in the Western World... So you are saying cultural differences doesn't have anything to do with someone's perspective?

My second point still stands that only an individual decides what he or she likes and dislikes. No anime fans are in tribes except the ones who claim they are. In fact, I'm giving you the Eastern philosophy of preference in entertainment, you make up your own rationale, not anyone else. Eastern take on entertainment is also an irrelevant concept, it's almost entirely individual to have preferences in entertainment except those who claim they're being influenced by others/are in a tribe that expects them to think so. Aforementioned concepts East vs West takes on entertainment media are ludicrous and nonsense anyways.
Mar 20, 2015 4:54 AM

Apr 2014
Shitposta said:
Rayzer said:

My second point still stands that only an individual decides what he or she likes and dislikes. No anime fans are in tribes except the ones who claim they are. In fact, I'm giving you the Eastern philosophy of preference in entertainment, you make up your own rationale, not anyone else. Eastern take on entertainment is also an irrelevant concept, it's almost entirely individual to have preferences in entertainment except those who claim they're being influenced by others/are in a tribe that expects them to think so. Aforementioned concepts East vs West takes on entertainment media are ludicrous and nonsense anyways.

Man why are you always ignoring the fact about Cultural Difference.
According to your profile you are from Seattle and makes you a guy from the West.
Go find a guy/people who was from the Eastern Culture (Asian) and ask anything about how they view the world.
If ever you still ignore about Culture just go and read what was it.
Mar 20, 2015 5:09 AM
Feb 2014
Rayzer said:
Shitposta said:

According to your profile you are from Seattle and makes you a guy from the West.
Go find a guy/people who was from the Eastern Culture (Asian) and ask anything about how they view the world.

1. Because it doesn't exist, or if it exists, it's very shallow in structure
2. No shit, sherlock. But I'm also Korean-born, so I know my shit. And about anime? Give me a break. Not everyone in the East had the same "Feels" you did. I'm pretty sure there's a vocal minority there as well. Just go to 2ch or any Japanese anime community, I'm sure we'll see people disagree here and there. No one's entirely in unison, God it's like you're telling me a bunch of bullshit I'm "supposed to know" from your pretentious self glorifying Eastern take over Western take. And hey, guess what, you're in the majority for having the "Feels" nothing more.
3. I'm right here.
4. I already know about it.

lmfao, you're so misguided it's sad. I'm this close to saying your posts make you seem like a total weeaboo.
Mar 20, 2015 5:11 AM

May 2014
Just snobs who don't get attention irl so they have to vent online to get some reactions.
Mar 20, 2015 5:13 AM

May 2014
Opinions differ. Deal with it.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Mar 20, 2015 5:14 AM

Jun 2014
they're upset because things end up ranking higher than their favorite shitty anime

or they just have "superior tastes" ayyyy lmao
:3
Mar 20, 2015 5:18 AM

Apr 2014
Liking mainstream anime is even more mainstream though.
No validation, no applause
You don't have prove you got it when you know it's yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSKDIcpdSE
Mar 20, 2015 5:30 AM

Mar 2014
even tho i rated it 8/10
it was a great story and animation and blah blah but it was boring sometimes,
and i did not feel excitement or sad.
however its a matter of taste.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mar 20, 2015 5:32 AM

Jan 2015
Is this like being hipster is actually anti-hipster
Mar 20, 2015 5:39 AM

Jul 2014
sourteeth said:
Shitposta said:

Even though I'm not the original poster of this post, it seems that you completely missed the whole point that, that guy tried to make.
"Hi!"
Mar 20, 2015 5:46 AM
Jul 2018
Mar 20, 2015 5:47 AM

Jun 2014
F0XFIRE said:
Mar 20, 2015 5:51 AM

Jul 2011
Why should you care?
Mar 20, 2015 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
I share the same feelings with the op
I have no complaints when people are actually critical on anime they don't like as long as they don't use sh*t words or trying to group people who like it as people who have bad tastes even if they have strong points and reasons to dislike the anime.
and people who don't like this kind of drama usually trying to make themselves more valid by calling it melodrama. It's just a word play to make what they're saying have a more powerful impact on people who disagree with them
But really, don't make a thread just for ranting. It's pretty useless. The more you react, the happier they are

Rayzer said:
Shitposta said:

Yup, I can agree to this.
Cultural differences definitely has an impact on people preferences
It's not completely black and white though
TriZenMar 20, 2015 5:57 AM
Mar 20, 2015 5:58 AM

Apr 2009
Shitposta said:

Okay, lets get an official definition of overhyped, so we're on the same page.

"make exaggerated claims about (a product, idea, or event); publicize or promote excessively"

And what's your point?

Shitposta said:

And Shigatsu is overhyped, the reception we've been getting from literally all of anime discussion today has been Shigatsu this and Shigatsu that

What you mean to say is it's popular. Your comment right there, is a perfect example of the issue OP is describing.

The point the OP is trying to make is, EVERY popular anime according to some is 'overhyped' the term overhyped is merely an opinion, it's subjective. What's the difference between a popular anime which isn't overhyped, and a popular anime which is? Your opinion of it, that's what. Lets get a few examples out of your list

Death Note
Toradora
Saki

All of which you've given 10/10. Now it happens I've given both Deathnote and Toradora an 8/10 and Saki a 7/10, and I consider all three to be overhyped. What's your opinion of them, seeing as though you gave them such high scores?

You're saying that just because an anime is talked about a lot, means it's overhyped, and then you're trying to push this same, subjective opinion on everyone else in this thread. Do i need to explain how stupid that is? It just doesn't make any sense. Who determines how much is too much for a start? It's completely subjective. Just because you don't like something which happens to be popular, does not mean it's overhyped, not to everyone at least.

People have different tastes, opinions differ. But that doesn't make you're opinion any better than the rest of us. Stop acting so arrogant and snobby.
RydakoMar 20, 2015 6:21 AM
Mar 20, 2015 6:10 AM

Oct 2014
Too lazy to read the whole post, but what's with this sudden culture talk?
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Mar 20, 2015 6:12 AM

Jul 2014
FloatingList said:
but what's with this sudden culture talk?

According to Rayzer: The west will hate shigatsu, while the east will like it. whatever that means.
Mar 20, 2015 6:15 AM
Feb 2014
Okashi_sama said:
FloatingList said:

According to Rayzer: The west will hate shigatsu, while the east will like it. whatever that means.

Which of course is a sweeping generalization.

With his logic, the average rating wouldn't be 8.8~
Mar 20, 2015 8:11 AM

Nov 2014
I don't know. If people hate the show, they're free to do so. People can say whatever they want about a show. I don't have a problem with it. If everyone on MAL agreed with each other all the time. It'd be a bit boring, don't you think? That being said, though. The thing that rubs me the wrong way, however, is when people start insulting the audience of the show. What is the point of it? Now, I don't dislike the show. I enjoy it. There's just a few aspects of it I find it to be annoying. Kaori's mood swings irritate me. And way too much drama is brought in at times when there really shouldn't be any. But I don't dislike the show though.
Mar 20, 2015 8:12 AM

Oct 2012
MFW Shigatsu is actually a mainstream anime :|
Mar 20, 2015 8:13 AM

Dec 2014
sourteeth said:
Why is there so many of you who claim that Shigatsu is "the worst" drama or melodrama as you keep on insisting. You guys keep on posting that some anime are crappy even though YOU yourselves admit that you didn't watch it. You think the classics are so perfect and that NO OTHER ANIME WILL EVER BEAT IT. Everytime an anime gets a high rank, you flame on its forums that it is overhyped. Please stop the hate, new animes do not automatically make them bad, high ranked anime's do not automatically mean they're overhyped.
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WATCH ANIME, NOT BECAUSE YOU THINK A CLASSIC IS PERFECT, DOESN'T MEAN THAT OTHER PEOPLE SHOULD SEE IT AS PERFECT TOO AND THAT ALL OTHER ANIME IS OF INFERIOR QUALITY.
Seriously, you people are the ones making the MAL community toxic, your preferences are not like ours, our preferences are not like yours. Thinking that yours is better and ours is worse is like arguing which religion is true. It is stupid and unproductive

Butthurt?
Mar 20, 2015 8:16 AM

Feb 2013
One thing is disliking the show and express your opinion of why you dislike it and other is constantly creating hate posts, but there's a lot of people butthurt of the sudden high rank of Shigatsu and well...It's MAL you'll get used to it.

Mar 20, 2015 8:22 AM

Nov 2014
Feaor said:
MFW Shigatsu is actually a mainstream anime :|

This thread is too mainstream. I must go back to my cave.
Mar 20, 2015 8:23 AM

Oct 2014
Okashi_sama said:
FloatingList said:

I mean think about it, "You friggin' white westerner will not be able to know the beauty of Shigatsu! AAAAH!!!"

testamentKAISER said:
sourteeth said:
Why is there so many of you who claim that Shigatsu is "the worst" drama or melodrama as you keep on insisting. You guys keep on posting that some anime are crappy even though YOU yourselves admit that you didn't watch it. You think the classics are so perfect and that NO OTHER ANIME WILL EVER BEAT IT. Everytime an anime gets a high rank, you flame on its forums that it is overhyped. Please stop the hate, new animes do not automatically make them bad, high ranked anime's do not automatically mean they're overhyped.
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WATCH ANIME, NOT BECAUSE YOU THINK A CLASSIC IS PERFECT, DOESN'T MEAN THAT OTHER PEOPLE SHOULD SEE IT AS PERFECT TOO AND THAT ALL OTHER ANIME IS OF INFERIOR QUALITY.
Seriously, you people are the ones making the MAL community toxic, your preferences are not like ours, our preferences are not like yours. Thinking that yours is better and ours is worse is like arguing which religion is true. It is stupid and unproductive

Butthurt?

Did someone says... butthurt?

HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Mar 20, 2015 8:27 AM

Jan 2015
In these forums its more common to find people hating mainstream anime than outside (it does not applies to hummingbird haha). Its because a lot of people who wants to critique anime come here to do it. The quantity of elitists in forums is bigger, proportionally. I am the complete opposite of an elitist, I really liked mainstream anime much more than "classic anime". But its for me, you can like what you want to like, I don't give a shit, but don't come to me saying that you're superior than me, that's not true.
Mar 20, 2015 10:11 AM

Feb 2010
Trust me, I already hated this show passionately when it wasn't as popular and highly rated as it is now. It's been bad from the start.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 20, 2015 10:12 AM
Mar 2011
sourteeth said:

Latr night anime is not mainsteam so hating it is fone
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

58 by MedK001 »»
3 minutes ago

» Which big name anime(s) were you late watching or still haven't watched?

IpreferEcchi - Jun 2

37 by Penguinman37 »»
11 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

84 by EsieEyen »»
25 minutes ago

» Do you feel shameful listening to cutesy Anime Song?

Dragevard - Yesterday

36 by EsieEyen »»
26 minutes ago

» Which anime could be classified as "Technically isikai?"( Another place but same world)

Ratris_Decision - Yesterday

13 by KodomoKomodo »»
54 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.