Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 30, 2014 5:50 AM

Apr 2007
Smoking. Do you smoke? How much each day, what brand? I smoke Luckies. I shouldn't, but I do. It's delicious. Around 3 cigs each day.

Non-smokers, please tell me how bad smoking is for me and that it's disgusting and that I will burn in Hell for smoking. Nobody has told me anything of that sort. Ever. You're the first.
DonPatchJun 30, 2014 5:54 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 30, 2014 5:52 AM

Mar 2012
I smoke cigars every once in a while.

Different brands, I like the variety. Good thing about cigars is that they aren't addictive to me. ( Haven't smoked for 2 months now so.. yeah)
Jun 30, 2014 5:53 AM

Jul 2013
No, because I think those cancer sticks are unhealthy for me.
ThisNameSucksJun 30, 2014 5:58 AM
Jun 30, 2014 5:54 AM
Oct 2012
I started to smoke when I was 14 and I stopped when I was 21, one of the best decisions of my life. My grandfather died with lung cancer, because of the smoke, he suffered a lot when he was at the hospital.
DeleteThisShitJun 30, 2014 5:59 AM
Jun 30, 2014 5:55 AM

Jul 2013
I don't smoke and I don't plan to. Because smoking is not classy. huehuehuehue
Jun 30, 2014 5:57 AM

Jan 2013
Smoking is bad! What would your mother and father think?!
Jun 30, 2014 6:02 AM

Dec 2009
fuck that is disgustign smoking is real bad for you
Jun 30, 2014 6:04 AM

Feb 2012
My fear for cancer exceeds my desire to smoke.

Jun 30, 2014 6:04 AM
Apr 2013
Smoke more please so that i will have less competition later in life.
Jun 30, 2014 6:05 AM

May 2012
I'll be honest, I hate smoke and cigarettes with every essence of my being. I hold my breath each time I see someone near me smoking and my eyes literally water if I'm near them. One of my worst experiences near my community college was actually have to ask directions from a group of people smoking. They were nice people, but I couldn't handle the cigarettes.

No one with a right mind in society thinks it's "cool" anymore. You're killing your body with it, and the toxins it releases in the air is harmful to everyone around you through second-hand smoking. Not to mention the stench. I was having a nice dinner outside a restaurant with my family, and this smoker passes by. My appetite was almost ruined.

I don't hate smokers, I just hate smoking. Stop. Please.
Jun 30, 2014 6:15 AM

Apr 2007
Ryugen said:
I'll be honest, I hate smoke and cigarettes with every essence of my being. I hold my breath each time I see someone near me smoking and my eyes literally water if I'm near them. One of my worst experiences near my community college was actually have to ask directions from a group of people smoking. They were nice people, but I couldn't handle the cigarettes.

No one with a right mind in society thinks it's "cool" anymore. You're killing your body with it, and the toxins it releases in the air is harmful to everyone around you through second-hand smoking. Not to mention the stench. I was having a nice dinner outside a restaurant with my family, and this smoker passes by. My appetite was almost ruined.

It's a common misconception that smokers smoke because they think it makes them look cool, classy, tough, etc. Sure, a minority might be that dumb, but most do it because of one reason: It feels good. Yes, it's harmful, and yes, it's stupid, but humans are flawed. It feels really, really good. At least for some us. I wish with every inch of my being smoking didn't harm the body.

I get that it's annoying, but I think you're a tad bit sensitive. It's a free country (well presumably it is where you live), and as long as people isn't blowing smoke in your face they should get to smoke. Non-smoking and smoking sections at resturants is a very good thing. I always ask when there's people near if its okay that I light a cig.
Jun 30, 2014 6:22 AM

Jun 2014
I have never smoked in my life, and never will. I hate the smell of it, and I cannot be around someone while they're smoking.

Where I'm from, it's illegal to smoke in any indoor establishment, which is good. I would never date a girl who smoked.

Jun 30, 2014 6:25 AM

Aug 2009
When people smoke in your face is something.
[right]

Jun 30, 2014 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
I don't smoke but I get honry when I see a tall guy smoking.
Jun 30, 2014 6:29 AM

May 2012
DonPatch said:

It's a common misconception that smokers smoke because they think it makes them look cool, classy, tough, etc. Sure, a minority might be that dumb, but most do it because of one reason: It feels good. Yes, it's harmful, and yes, it's stupid, but humans are flawed. It feels really, really good. At least for some us. I wish with every inch of my being smoking didn't harm the body.

I get that it's annoying, but I think you're a tad bit sensitive. It's a free country (well presumably it is where you live), and as long as people isn't blowing smoke in your face they should get to smoke. Non-smoking and smoking sections at resturants is a very good thing. I always ask when there's people near if its okay that I light a cig.

If you want to feel good, fine. Everyone likes to feel good. However, there are a lot better ways than by inhaling smoke into your lungs.

There's just no way to put smoking in a good light.
RyugenJun 30, 2014 6:32 AM
Jun 30, 2014 6:33 AM

Sep 2012
I don't smoke, but I have tried it.
Though I found it had no appeal on me, I can see why people smoke and can get addicted to it.
Jun 30, 2014 6:35 AM

Apr 2007
Ryugen said:
DonPatch said:

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/general_facts/

Just look at this. I shouldn't have to be exposed to these health risks just because someone else does. If you want to feel good, fine. Everyone likes to feel good. However, there are a lot better ways than by inhaling smoke into your lungs.

There's just no way to put smoking in a good light. The fact that you're trying to is sad.

I'm trying to put smoking in a good light now? Wow, really? Looks like you know myself better than I do. I have repedeatly said that it's bad for the body and all that jazz.

There's plenty of ways to feel good, but e-cigs, chewing tobacco, tobacco plasters, weed, cigars, alcohol, snacks, gourmet food, an entertaining anime/tvshow/music/circus performance can not substitute the good feeling from smoking cigarettes. That's like trying to substitute a shoe with a hat. Doesn't mather if it's an excellent hat, it's probably wont replace the shoe.
Jun 30, 2014 6:39 AM

May 2012
worldeditor11 said:
Rofl.

OT: just the thought of not being able to play sports/run or whatever as well as I probably should would kill me. I really hate the smoke too, my friends know this and one purposely blew it in my face so I swung for him as a joke and hit his nose, which bled. Wasn't my fault tho.

Like your avatar @OP
Jun 30, 2014 6:42 AM

Apr 2007
Mkayyy said:
worldeditor11 said:
Rofl.

OT: just the thought of not being able to play sports/run or whatever as well as I probably should would kill me. I really hate the smoke too, my friends know this and one purposely blew it in my face so I swung for him as a joke and hit his nose, which bled. Wasn't my fault tho.

Like your avatar @OP

Don't fuck with Bakura yo.

Yeah, whenever ive been smoking much more than regularly I struggle somewhat more at the gym. Shit's not great.

Once when I was 16 I blew smoke into the face of a guy I know, to this day I'm still pissed at myself for doing it, even if the dude was an ass.
Jun 30, 2014 6:43 AM

Aug 2012
Tried it. I'll admit, the ones with menthol felt pretty damn good, but the cough afterwards? Fuck that.

I'm never trying another stick again, or at least not in a long, long time.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
Jun 30, 2014 6:44 AM

Aug 2013
If you don't want people to tell you how gross it is, why post a thread about it? Why even post a thread asking if people smoke or not, and then throw out some pre-emptive sarcasm at those who don't.

tl;dr
JadeQuetzalJun 30, 2014 6:48 AM
Jun 30, 2014 6:47 AM

May 2012
DonPatch said:
Ryugen said:

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/general_facts/

Just look at this. I shouldn't have to be exposed to these health risks just because someone else does. If you want to feel good, fine. Everyone likes to feel good. However, there are a lot better ways than by inhaling smoke into your lungs.

There's just no way to put smoking in a good light. The fact that you're trying to is sad.

I'm trying to put smoking in a good light now? Wow, really? Looks like you know myself better than I do. I have repedeatly said that it's bad for the body and all that jazz.

There's plenty of ways to feel good, but e-cigs, chewing tobacco, tobacco plasters, weed, cigars, alcohol, snacks, gourmet food, an entertaining anime/tvshow/music/circus performance can not substitute the good feeling from smoking cigarettes. That's like trying to substitute a shoe with a hat. Doesn't mather if it's an excellent hat, it's probably wont replace the shoe.

I've edited my post after rereading what you wrote. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

You know what, though? I'm not going to say any more. If you're going to quit, do it for your own reasons. There's no point in some stranger on the internet telling you to, because of course you won't listen. Just weigh the bad and the good, and make your own decision. Because it's your life.
Jun 30, 2014 6:50 AM

Apr 2007
JadeQuetzal said:
Very long post holy shit [/spoiler]

Eh, I don't find smoking gross. I love the feeling, I dont mind smell. It's also great for actually talking to people at the smoking corner when you're at a bar who plays fuckloud music when I wanna socialize! Smoking = new friends! Yaaaaay! I'm not even touching the second hand smoke subject, I dont know enough about it.

It IS a missconception that people smoke to look cool, at least the majority. Ive had chats about this with tons of smokers. Maybe it was common before, when smoking actually was considered cool, but these days smoking is considered un-cool. You have to be living under a rock to think the "smoking = cool" fad is still going on. It's much more the opposite. Smokers gets looked down on. Good for you!

I absolutely detet pregnant people smoking. I saw a pregnant stranger doing it at a cafe and I told that bitch to quit it.
Jun 30, 2014 6:54 AM

Mar 2013
I once smoked a 6 month old cigarette, and afterwards I felt so sick (I stole it from my brother and forgot to smoke it). I was sweating so much I took all my clothes off except my boxers and was sitting in front of the toilet, ready to vomit. I had smoked before too. I'll admit, I do enjoy a cigarette while drunk, but the enjoyment is equivalent to gorging myself on cake.
Jun 30, 2014 6:56 AM

Dec 2009
I smoke the little bitch cigarettes (Marlboro golds) because I genuinely enjoy the taste. Not because it's a "light" cigarette.

I smoke 1-2 a day. But if I'm in a social event with friends, I'll smoke like 6-8.
Jun 30, 2014 7:03 AM

Jan 2013
DonPatch said:
Ryugen said:

You think he's being a tad bit sensitive? I think you're being a tad bit insensitive. Lots of times, smokers don't realize how bad the smell is, because they are the ones smoking.

For me, smoking is the worst smell I can imagine. It makes my nostrils and throat clog up completely.

You say you smoke because it feels good, but there are plenty of alternatives to that. In fact, why must you experience this feeling? I can understand now that it may be an addiction, but what made you start? Surely, your schools have taught you not to smoke. I don't really see where the incentive to begin smoking comes from.
Jun 30, 2014 7:04 AM

Jun 2012
I only smoke the finest quality cali green.
Jun 30, 2014 7:05 AM

Nov 2012
Smoking is an expensive habit.
Jun 30, 2014 7:11 AM

Apr 2007
shuryukan said:
snip

Sure is a lot of sensitivity going around. I'm very sensitive to that. In all seriousness, perhaps im wrong and we do need stricter second hand smoke rules. Iunno. Write your congressman about that.

There's plenty alerternatives? I dunno, man.

"There's plenty of ways to feel good, but e-cigs, chewing tobacco, tobacco plasters, weed, cigars, alcohol, snacks, gourmet food, an entertaining anime/tvshow/music/circus performance can not substitute the good feeling from smoking cigarettes. That's like trying to substitute a shoe with a hat. Doesn't mather if it's an excellent hat, it's probably wont replace the shoe." - Me, page 1

Let me tell you a story about a boy who started smoking.
"Hey theres this thing called smoking, im curious about it"
"*cough* *cough* This is kinda heavy, but it feels good"
"Its bad for the body, I shouldnt do it"
"It feels good, so ill do it anyway, but try to keep it in moderation"

Spoilers: Im the boy. Thats what made me start. Sorry to disappoint if you were expecting a great drama about how I was coaxed into it by the cool kids to smoke so I could be like them.
Jun 30, 2014 7:20 AM

Aug 2013
DonPatch said:

Eh, I don't find smoking gross. I love the feeling, I dont mind smell. It's also great for actually talking to people at the smoking corner when you're at a bar who plays fuckloud music when I wanna socialize! Smoking = new friends! Yaaaaay! I'm not even touching the second hand smoke subject, I dont know enough about it.

It IS a missconception that people smoke to look cool, at least the majority. Ive had chats about this with tons of smokers. Maybe it was common before, when smoking actually was considered cool, but these days smoking is considered un-cool. You have to be living under a rock to think the "smoking = cool" fad is still going on. It's much more the opposite. Smokers gets looked down on. Good for you!

I absolutely detet pregnant people smoking. I saw a pregnant stranger doing it at a cafe and I told that bitch to quit it.

I only graduated school 9 years ago, and those who smoked would tell you how lame you were if you wouldn't try. My ex-step sister and her friends were the same way, and they're only a couple years older than you (but a few younger at the time). The general public does look down on smoking now. But I'm talking about school kids, and more so the young teenagers around 13-15.

On the other hand, it's good if you speak up to pregnant women who smoke. My bestfriend quit cold turkey when she found out she was having a baby. She picked it up again after he stopped nursing, but forbids it inside the house or around him. When I was pregnant with my first, and had to go to wic, they asked if I smoke, drink alcohol, do drugs or ever have... when I told them no to all and only drinking a few times a year if that, but never while pregnant, she actually didn't believe me... and told me I was the "best one we've had in here in a long time". I'm pregnant again now, and when I went to have a clinical test to confirm it, it was the same story. I asked if THAT many women smoke, drink, and do drugs while pregnant. She said not so much the drugs, but that she couldn't count how many didn't even intend to try and quit smoking when they found out. That's really so depressing -_-
Jun 30, 2014 7:45 AM

Apr 2013
No because I still want to save my money and I want to be a healthy person till I die
Jun 30, 2014 7:49 AM

Mar 2014
I quit when I was 12. I've always had a problem with smoking, it made me too darn aroused and it wouldn't go away. Even when I quit, it'd still happen even if I were just offered a smoke.

I don't even know why I did it, really. I suppose because I wasn't supposed to?

It was easy because I was often home alone, so I'd rummage through the house and in the freezer I'd find cartons of my moms native smokes and I'd take it over the toaster and light it that way. So ghetto. Uggh, just reminiscing over that makes me want to smoke, 9 years later >_>

I ended up quitting cold turkey. I suppose it wasn't "too" bad, but I suppose the cravings have never went away.
Jun 30, 2014 8:00 AM

Mar 2008
I don't smoke, heck, I haven't even tried it once yet.
Jun 30, 2014 8:06 AM

Aug 2013
I smoked a bit in my late teens, but I didn't really like it so I dropped it. Snus on the other hand is the better option.
Jun 30, 2014 8:28 AM

Jan 2014
only smoke when I'm really drunk with my friends that smoke so less than once a month. I won't ever have more than 1 cig or I'll feel sick
Jun 30, 2014 8:38 AM

May 2013
My father is a heavy smoker and has been since he was in his teens

Finally caught up to him, when his left lung collapsed and had to be re-inflated right there in the driveway... it was one big ass needle they shoved into his chest. Least I THINK thats what they put the needle in there for.

Anyway he was okay in the end but warned that smoking could cause something like that to happen again.

When you see that, as a 10 year old, it kind of puts you off smoking..... like forever
Jun 30, 2014 8:47 AM

Mar 2008
I hate smokers because I had a bad childhood experience because of them. So I just think about all the other kids who are forced to inhale carcinogens throughout their childhood because of the existence of that shitty product.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTOb1FZNSx0
Jun 30, 2014 10:31 AM

Jun 2014
i smoke red la and i smoke around 2 to 3 packs a day i should relly cut down on it thouge lol
Jun 30, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2014
weedmand said:
i smoke red la and i smoke around 2 to 3 packs a day i should relly cut down on it thouge lol

wow dude how are you alive?
Jun 30, 2014 10:38 AM

Jun 2014
SaintD4nny said:
weedmand said:

wow dude how are you alive?

idk lol XD but iv allready cut down a bit i used to smoke 4 to 6 packs a day
Jun 30, 2014 10:52 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
I use to and do still a bit now, I couldn't care less about getting cancer or what not. I am already dying from lung damage and a bunch of other stuff so whats smoking gonna do...
Jun 30, 2014 10:54 AM

Jun 2014
I don't smoke but i tried it. I almost choked and i felt dizzy afterwards. I've never tried again ever since.
Jun 30, 2014 10:56 AM
Jun 2014
Why should I kills myself slowly?
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jun 30, 2014 10:56 AM

Oct 2011
I smoke a fair bit. I never smoke around people who don't like it, and I always ask if it's okay for me to smoke. Telling me that I should quit or that smoking is bad for me is a pretty good way to make me dislike you. It's fine if you don't like it but it's my decision to smoke and trying to change it is a pretty rude and childish thing to do.
Jun 30, 2014 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
My favorites are lucky strike and camel filter-less, but I usually smoke organic American Spirits. I'm currently trying to quit because I'm tired of wasting my money on it. I've been smoking since 16; 22 now.
Jun 30, 2014 10:58 AM

Oct 2013
I think I made a thread about this not too long ago. Anyways I smoked since I was 17, it's bad and I don't give a fuck.
Jun 30, 2014 11:01 AM

Feb 2013
The idea never seemed inviting to me. Not even when 90's anime made it look so cool.
Jun 30, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
DonPatch said:
It's delicious.

Wow

No, I don't smoke. It's disgusting and expensive. I prefer getting drunk like a bitch.
Jun 30, 2014 11:12 AM

Jul 2013
I smoked for 3 months in college. I got the cigs free from girls I knew at parties who would buy a pack, smoke 2 and get wasted. I NEVER bout cigarettes on my own.

It was a amazing sensation in the beginning, but then I couldn't play basketball or football or swim as well as I use to so I quit.

Judge however, but it becomes really addictive. Especially When friends, family, people in your class, at work, people EVERYWHERE smoke.

I'm lucky to say it's been 2 years since I quit, but the temptation is more addictive than the cig. Because EVERYWHERE you go people smoke.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jun 30, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2012
Thread cleaned. Spam removed.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Let's appreciate MAL

Shizuna - 1 hour ago

7 by tsukareru »»
32 minutes ago

» What are you insecure about the most? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 30

53 by Zarutaku »»
32 minutes ago

» Is y2k vintage now?

coolyfruity - 1 hour ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
48 minutes ago

» If you could time travel and teleport where and when would you go? ( 1 2 )

Paladin23 - Jan 25

59 by Paladin23 »»
51 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts about the forums?

LenRea - Yesterday

6 by LenRea »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.