Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 17, 2012 9:03 PM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I REALLY liked this episode, it had a really good sense of pacing, characterization and suspense. Kurapika is still battling his inner rage especially when Gon/Killua get caught by Chrollo, Shizuku and Machi. When Gon asked Chrollo how they can kill people so nonchalantly the atmosphere and his response was very fitting. The power going out due to the lightning storm I saw as a "shock" to Chrollo. He even said he couldn't express why they do what they do.

Poor Squala getting his head chopped off. After Nobunaga sliced his head and there was a silence for a couple seconds I was waiting for the head to drop X D. We got two new music tracks this episode which I really liked the sound of. After Pakunoda shot Nobu with her newly revealed Nen power and the ED played I was shocked the episode ended already. That's how you know a good episode of a show happened, when you lose track of the time.

Edit: No new episode next week!? God damn you Madhouse, ending it like that with shit going down next episode -_-
HybridMBLNov 17, 2012 9:21 PM
Nov 17, 2012 9:26 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty nice episode, and we saw a head got chopped off, Nobunaga is angry :O
Nov 17, 2012 9:28 PM

Jan 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:

Edit: No new episode next week!? God damn you Madhouse, ending it like that with shit going down next episode -_-

WHAT? The animenewsnetwork says there is an episode next week.
Nov 17, 2012 9:37 PM

Nov 2009
A little sad they removed the people in the cars next to them freaking out, but other then that very happy how they did this episode.
Nov 17, 2012 9:42 PM
Feb 2012
Excellent episode. Pretty much everything from the manga was there except for a few minor details. I like the little animation sequence for Koltopi's ability.
Nov 17, 2012 9:43 PM
Aug 2012
Unfortunately, the official site says episode 57 airs on 12/2. :(
Nov 17, 2012 10:00 PM

Jan 2009
Pariston said:

damn, but if they made the animation more better then im fine with the delay, since this week's episode has weak animation quality lol

R.I.P. dog master, that was a clean head cut, next episode looks like it will be tons better
Nov 17, 2012 10:08 PM

Jan 2008
Amazes me how well the girl clothing fits him. His VA helps a lot too.
Nov 17, 2012 10:09 PM

Aug 2012
4.5/5
loved this ep~~ even made me sing along with departure when it came on. |D
few minor things that didn't go over so well with me, but only a few, and the rest was making me way too happy anyway. can't wait for the rest~
Nov 17, 2012 10:11 PM

Mar 2007
Nice episode, would have been better if they clamped down on all that death-flag waving.
Nov 17, 2012 11:01 PM

Jul 2012
4/5 episode it was pretty good I loved that scene with Chrollo talking to himself and the animation of Koltopi ability to locate the scarlet eyes.
Nov 18, 2012 12:13 AM

Jan 2011
SHIT

IS

GOING

DOWN

FUCK

My heart stopped a couple of times all dat suspense.
[center]
Nov 18, 2012 12:15 AM

Sep 2012
suspenseful episode from start to finish.
Nov 18, 2012 12:22 AM

May 2012
Damn how's the main gang gonna get out of this mess?! First you've got Gon and Killua getting captured by the troupe. Then you've got Kurapika, who's not only cross-dressing, but now has Nobunaga hot on his ass! And to top it all off, you've got Leorio stuck in traffic! XD

Haha, great episode in my opinion. It did a good job of creating tension and suspense, and the whole atmosphere for the episode was great with the rain and the murky animation. This episode also really made me feel bad for Squala. Dude never stood a chance..... Anyway the preview for next week's episode looks great! Can't wait!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Nov 18, 2012 12:46 AM
Oct 2011
Pariston said:
And I've been looking forward to next week's episode since MH finished where the original series left off and entered the OVAs..

Another great episode, the OST during the chase was amazing, not new but really fitting;
Candor123Nov 18, 2012 1:50 AM
Nov 18, 2012 1:06 AM

Jul 2010
How did Nobunaga make that slice with Pakunoda in the middle?

Great episode, regardless. Although I admit I am getting a bit bored, since I have watched the previous version and read the manga before, so plot-heavy eps are somewhat meh. Music isn't that stellar, except for the new BGM on the Squala part.
BigbuffoonNov 18, 2012 1:10 AM
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Nov 18, 2012 1:14 AM

Jun 2010
Paul said:
Amazes me how well the girl clothing fits him. His VA helps a lot too.

this may sound gay but kurapika is looking hots~

squala's death was unexpected...i feel bad for the dogs, not his girlfriend xD
they finally found out who the chain user is, wow i cant wait to see what happen next ><
this ep 5/5 again as always
Nov 18, 2012 1:20 AM

Mar 2012
I remember actually fearing for the dogs :P

They really make it feel like Nobunaga has taken a LIFE. The man was just gonna start anew with his girl and the dogs and you could almost see them in a house in the country side drinking tea outside, but his decision to linger around the mafia cost him his life. He was just a bit too late and you can't really blame anyone for that.

Also kinda scary how the usually goofy nobunaga just cut his head like that. This is why Hunter x Hunter is the best battle shonen, it doesn't bullshit you. You move twice, you're gone.

And typically only one villain would go after a secondary character, he might own him, the good guy might put up a fight before dying, but here.... 6 of the strongest people going after one, who doesn't even have a good fighting ability. You just know he's fucked and want him to get out of there.
End Zionazism
Nov 18, 2012 1:48 AM

Nov 2011
They know his face and no ep nxt wk, damn

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 18, 2012 1:56 AM

Dec 2010
Intense episode as usual, and next episode looks freaken epic XD
Nov 18, 2012 2:12 AM
Mar 2012
Waiting 2 weeks once in a while is nothing as long as we keep getting great episodes like this. The 99 version of this was great too but I remember them changing some things
Nov 18, 2012 2:51 AM

Nov 2011
Blacksaber said:
A little sad they removed the people in the cars next to them freaking out, but other then that very happy how they did this episode.

Yea I missed that too :(

Next episode is going to be so intense, it was well done on the 99 version, hopefully even better this time!
Nov 18, 2012 3:04 AM

Jun 2010
Yo bro dont move!
Nov 18, 2012 4:01 AM
Jan 2012
this is really a great episode
i like it very much
Nov 18, 2012 4:08 AM

Apr 2011
The next episode looks so epic, shit is going to get real.
And the animation in this episode was awesome.5/5
Nov 18, 2012 4:36 AM

Aug 2012
Great ep, can't wait for the next week
Nov 18, 2012 4:40 AM

Jan 2012
The part where gon and and kurapika are cornered was handed a little better in the original imo. Stiil 5/5 though
Nov 18, 2012 8:20 AM

Nov 2012
Dude, although I've read the manga and I've watched the original I really enjoyed this episode. The pacing felt really exhilarating: no screwing around, straight to the point, just like in the manga. So much happened that I checked the seek bar twice wondering how much was left, I was wondering when they would place the cliffhanger. That says a lot for someone with the comparative nostalgia filter popping up every minute.
Still, there were some little things that felt a little off to me. IMO it would've been better if they had ended the episode exactly where Squala gets killed, to add some shock, and better with the other drivers screaming in terror (yep, I missed that little detail too). The rest of the episode (nen bullets and stuff) felt kinda rushed IMO. Also, I missed some blood in the kill, it felt like a missed opportunity. The head falling down after a few seconds sort of makes up for it XD. Yeah, I didn't care that much for Squala in the original, much less in the new series knowing his fate. It's not that he's badly developed, he seems just too cocky when he's first introduced.

While I appreciate that they showed the backgrounds when the troupe were chasing Squala, the way they animated the scenes didn't convey the sense of speed as well as in the original IMO. The same goes for that part were the spiders split and Gon and Kurapika get cornered. On the other hand, I really liked Kortopi's En animation. Also the overall change of details throughout the remake, eg from brick-like cellphones to smartphones :3.

The first time the new ost kicked in I thought it didn't fit (the beginning felt too "dance-y" for me) but the rest of the song is great.
Overall 4.75/5

PD: It's a pity there's no episode next week, the spoiler hints at a good pacing again.
kchorrex2012Nov 18, 2012 10:19 AM
Nov 18, 2012 12:38 PM
Oct 2009
Rating now is: 8.51

it keeps raising by 0.01 every episode ^_^

it will surpass the original before GI ARC :P

Loved this Episode BTW<3

not much more for the GI arc! It WILL be epic<3
Nov 18, 2012 1:04 PM

Dec 2011
This is getting intense! I love it!
Nobunaga finally discovered Kurapika's identity!
"So that's what you look like, Kurapika-san!"

Can't wait for the battle!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2012 1:14 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode. The next episode is my favorite part of this arc!! Really cant wait!!

I wish I didn't have to wait a week... but it builds suspense and makes me enjoy the episodes even more
Nov 18, 2012 1:21 PM

Jul 2010
Blacksaber said:
My thoughts exactly.
Nov 18, 2012 3:44 PM

Jul 2012
kurapika looked sooo pretty with his fake hair :):)

it was sad to see that guy die like that : / im happy that the dogs escaped tho, i didnt want to see animal cruelty :(
Nov 18, 2012 3:55 PM

Mar 2012
Celastias said:

it was sad to see that guy die like that : / im happy that the dogs escaped tho, i didnt want to see animal cruelty :(

Wait for the next ep :P
End Zionazism
Nov 18, 2012 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
Mikasa said:
Celastias said:

Meanie ! What Is That Supposed To Mean ? : /
Nov 18, 2012 4:59 PM

Jun 2012
Things are obviously getting pretty intense again and I am getting excited. Gon and Killua are captured once again, but all for the sake of Kurapika. I wonder how things will go down in the next episode, but it looks like Gon and Killua must escape (and attempt to) from Pakunoda and her ability.
This episode, though, kind of missed action. It was getting tense, but there were no fights.
As a last note, it's sad that the one person with family died. At least he chose to never gave up information.
4/5.

Nov 18, 2012 5:59 PM

Aug 2008
kchorrex2012 said:
The rest of the episode (nen bullets and stuff) felt kinda rushed IMO.

Huh? How does firing 2 bullets feel "rushed"....were you expecting a minute of flashbacks or what?

Anyways, another awesome episode 5/5
- Signature Removed -
The signature seriously lacked "It's a Sony" qualities.
Nov 18, 2012 6:01 PM

Aug 2012
Kurapika!
They have a name and identity to match the chain user now... what are going to do now!?!?

Wonderful episode.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 18, 2012 6:06 PM
Oct 2011
nooblet606 said:
kchorrex2012 said:

Huh? How does firing 2 bullets feel "rushed"....were you expecting a minute of flashbacks or what?

Pakunoda was revealing an important ability and there wasn't even a moment's pause to appreciate its significance. It was like, "here memory bullets" and then BAM next scene.
Nov 18, 2012 8:45 PM

Apr 2012
chikkychappy said:
nooblet606 said:
kchorrex2012 said:

Pakunoda was revealing an important ability and there wasn't even a moment's pause to appreciate its significance. It was like, "here memory bullets" and then BAM next scene.

Isn't that what HXH typically does? Isn't always fast paced
Nov 18, 2012 9:22 PM

Mar 2012
chikkychappy said:
nooblet606 said:
kchorrex2012 said:

You said it, BAM...as in bullet. Nothing special or needs time about the ability.

The OVA spent half the episode showing full flashbacks as memories :P

Celastias said:
Mikasa said:
Celastias said:

Meanie ! What Is That Supposed To Mean ? : /

The dogs die! >:)

j/k
End Zionazism
Nov 18, 2012 9:47 PM

Nov 2012
nooblet606 said:
kchorrex2012 said:

Well, actually, NA did that in the previous version, but I didn't expect MH to do the same. After all, the manga has only one panel for the flashback itself. It's just that I found everything after Squala's death too fast, you know, like the director said "crap, we only have two minutes left for this episode, let's just cram in as much as we can." The cliffhanger choice feels odd. But again, that's just an opinion and still doesn't ruin the episode for me.

Couldn't have said it better. If they hadn't removed the people in the other cars (who appear in the manga) it would've been less noticeable. Also, this is mostly nitpicking but the fact that they used some wierdly animated bullets (they're not slo-mo but you can still see them, just watch the rain) didn't do much for me.
kchorrex2012Nov 18, 2012 10:00 PM
Nov 18, 2012 10:33 PM

Feb 2010
He did warn him... Great episode. Next week shit is going to hit the fan.
Nov 19, 2012 3:03 AM
Oct 2011
Mikasa said:

You said it, BAM...as in bullet. Nothing special or needs time about the ability.

Nah I don't mean an entire minute of flashbacks (OVA 1's pacing sucked ass), just a directional touch to dwell over Pakunoda's ability.

Look at how Madhouse did Coltopi looking for the scarlet eyes through En. There was an entire animated sequence for it which added to the "oh shit you're fucked" feeling. I simply hoped there was also some suspense regarding Pakunoda. After all, a character just revealed an ability that could possibly be a threat to main characters. I wish the audience was given time to breath and realize its significance instead of proceeding to the next scene like nothing happened.

This is my view, if you disagree and think the pacing is perfectly fine, then cool.
Nov 19, 2012 5:32 AM

Mar 2012
chikkychappy said:
Mikasa said:

Nah I don't mean an entire minute of flashbacks (OVA 1's pacing sucked ass), just a directional touch to dwell over Pakunoda's ability.

You mean like, the awesome on-screen ability name? XD :P :P
End Zionazism
Nov 19, 2012 6:10 AM

Jun 2011
I do not know what to say, it's getting better every episode. ^u^
Nov 19, 2012 1:11 PM

Dec 2008
SQUALA!!! *cries* His death was sad, especially when he set the dogs free.

And damn you, Kurapika!! Look what your raging impulsiveness has done! Now Gon and Killua are captured. I hope Pakunoda doesn't touch them again.
Nov 19, 2012 1:24 PM

Sep 2012
I warned you not to move... twice.
Nov 19, 2012 1:26 PM

Mar 2012
Chrollo's "nice" reminds me of South Park's chief of police
End Zionazism
Nov 20, 2012 2:29 AM

Jul 2011
poor Squala and lol Kurapika looks pretty with that fake hair
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 96 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

191 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

167 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

247Eyes - Aug 31, 2013

173 by Nerdason »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

209 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

167 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.