Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 13, 2023 10:56 PM
May 2017
I'm picking up the show again after dropping it a couple years ago, and I remember now why I dropped it in Episode 11. Holy crap is Zenitsu one of the most annoying characters I have ever seen in any anime, I get that Zenitsu is actually strong but suffers from mental blocks to accessing his own strength, but it doesn't change that you have to sit through so many scenes of him crying and whining. Why does anime/manga feel the need to put in characters whose main purpose is literally just to cry and whine all the time (looking at you Records of Ragnarok)? Most scenes with Zenitsu bring the pacing/enjoyment of the show down to a crawl and is almost unwatchable at times. He is literally what comes up if you look up "Demon Slayer annoying." This guy is so bad that he makes me think I've been too harsh on other characters like Sakura from Naruto or Orohime from Bleach. They're angelic in comparison.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact I know he's in most, if not all of Demon Slayer. Please tell me gets better or whines less later on or I dunno just dies so I don't have to listen to him anymore.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 13, 2023 11:03 PM

Apr 2020
Zenitsu isn't fucking strong though, that's the thing. The little piss baby isn't even conscious when he does cool stuff and the movie straight up shows that the unconscious personality is a TOTAL FUCKIN CREEP. He's without a doubt the worst main character I've ever seen. Dude sucks.

Inosuke on the other hand? That's my baby. A precious gift to the world and by far the best character in terms of development. Love him.
May 13, 2023 11:06 PM
May 2017
Salty-GB said:
Inosuke on the other hand? That's my baby. A precious gift to the world and by far the best character in terms of development. Love him.
Agreed. Zenitsu is the black sheep in an otherwise very solid cast of characters. Why Gotouge?
May 13, 2023 11:19 PM
Jul 2022
Episodes 10-14 he’s really REALLY loud to better portray his “character trait”

There’s some couple scenes in the las episodes of season 1 where he’s also what you find annoying.

While he’s in season 2, his screams tone down considerably and most of the time he’ll be in his “sleeping” mode.

He’s not present in season 3.

Having read the manga, Zenitsu post season 3, will be a completely different character. Believe me, it’s a complete 180, but I won’t get into spoilers
May 13, 2023 11:26 PM
Aug 2021
I wanna see the alternate timeline version of KnY where Zenitsu was never conceived. That mf alone almost made me drop the series 5 times.
May 13, 2023 11:34 PM
Dec 2021
finally someone else but me has said it. I had to turn my volume down when he was on screen.
May 13, 2023 11:35 PM
Jan 2021
He gets a bit of development in the final arc...but outside of that he's pretty much the same throughout the whole story
May 13, 2023 11:39 PM

Dec 2021
Almost the entire cast was annoying for me. Ds characters are just ass.
May 13, 2023 11:40 PM
Mar 2023
Animaticide said:
I wanna see the alternate timeline version of KnY where Zenitsu was never conceived. That mf alone almost made me drop the series 5 times.

Jesus Christ, he's not that bad.
May 13, 2023 11:45 PM
Jan 2023
Yeah he’s easily the worst part of the show.
May 13, 2023 11:46 PM
Jan 2022
meeh, he is alright. You whine like him tho....
May 13, 2023 11:49 PM
Sep 2021
sky is blue

also tbf, he's MUCH MUCH less annoying in S2+3
May 13, 2023 11:50 PM
Jun 2022
You guys are the worst. Let me tell you that Asta from Black Clover is also loud as hell, even more louder than Zenitsu. Bakugo too. And both Bakugo, Asta and Zenitsu are amazing characters. So stop spitting shit, all right?

YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME ANGRY.
May 14, 2023 12:00 AM
Jun 2022
yeah but I still love him tbh. He's what I would probably feel like being a demon slayer.😂
May 14, 2023 12:01 AM
Feb 2022
They aren't annoying as the people who make these kinds of threads lol.
people are just ass, all they do is complain about everything just drop the f-ucking show and be done with it but no we're gonna watch and make stupid discussion that this character is annoying that is annoying, but in reality you are the one who is annoying .

May 14, 2023 12:03 AM
Jul 2022
tbh, I would also whine and cry if I had to battle demons (also not knowing that I CAN fight demons cuz I wasn't conscious) so yeah. It's quite common to have a character like him in shonenes, tbh I like him.
May 14, 2023 12:03 AM
Dec 2022
yeah maybe in the beginning of the series, but by the end of the series everyone will fell in love with his character👍
May 14, 2023 12:04 AM
Jan 2021
Not a fan of either zenitsu or inosuke but rest of the show is perfect so far. They’re not even in this latest season so I’d say keep trying cuz a character or 2 shouldn’t be enough to ruin the experience.
May 14, 2023 12:05 AM

Feb 2020
EXCLMaker said:
I'm picking up the show again after dropping it a couple years ago, and I remember now why I dropped it in Episode 11. Holy crap is Zenitsu one of the most annoying characters I have ever seen in any anime, I get that Zenitsu is actually strong but suffers from mental blocks to accessing his own strength, but it doesn't change that you have to sit through so many scenes of him crying and whining. Why does anime/manga feel the need to put in characters whose main purpose is literally just to cry and whine all the time (looking at you Records of Ragnarok)? Most scenes with Zenitsu bring the pacing/enjoyment of the show down to a crawl and is almost unwatchable at times. He is literally what comes up if you look up "Demon Slayer annoying." This guy is so bad that he makes me think I've been too harsh on other characters like Sakura from Naruto or Orohime from Bleach. They're angelic in comparison.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact I know he's in most, if not all of Demon Slayer. Please tell me gets better or whines less later on or I dunno just dies so I don't have to listen to him anymore.

I guess you never heard of Asta before.

May 14, 2023 12:10 AM
Feb 2021
EXCLMaker said:
Salty-GB said:
Agreed. Zenitsu is the black sheep in an otherwise very solid cast of characters. Why Gotouge?

An otherwise solid cast of characters💀
May 14, 2023 12:13 AM
May 2023
He's not that bad. Zenitsu saved Tanjiro in entertainment district arc. He is supposed to be a funny character, he is one of the best character in KNY
May 14, 2023 12:15 AM
Jan 2022
ebik-chan said:
yeah but I still love him tbh. He's what I would probably feel like being a demon slayer.😂

Fr (character limit)
May 14, 2023 12:17 AM
May 2023
no I like it and i think he is my favorite character in whole series
May 14, 2023 12:20 AM
Apr 2022
Real Real Real Real Real
May 14, 2023 12:24 AM
Oct 2021
He is my favourite character in the whole series.
May 14, 2023 1:10 AM
Struggler

Dec 2020
Yeah I love Demon Slayer to death, but I definitely agree, Zenitsu is my one gripe with the series.

May 14, 2023 1:10 AM

Apr 2022
that's how i feel with tanjiro in s3 but i can't drop it at this point. i'm 3 seasons deep bruh.
May 14, 2023 1:17 AM

Jan 2019
Yep, Zenitsu and the painfully unfunny comedy in general is why I can't stomach any more Demon Slayer.

May 14, 2023 1:31 AM
Sep 2022
EXCLMaker said:

sounds like a skill issue
May 14, 2023 1:37 AM

Mar 2022
this whole show is annoying bruhhh
[center]
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 14, 2023 1:41 AM
Feb 2022
i dont thinks so i Like the charachter
May 14, 2023 1:47 AM
Sep 2021
Zenitsu is probably one of the characters that I hate the most from this show, I hate characters who are always so loudy
May 14, 2023 1:56 AM
Apr 2020
EXCLMaker said:

I totally agree. People just like him because he's cool (when he's not himself), but I can't get over the fact he LITERALLY HARASSES WOMEN THROUGH THE WHOLE ANIME and can't stop crying and complaining and asking for help. I didn't like Sakura from Naruto but she's not half as annoying as him. I just never hated a character like I hate him.
May 14, 2023 2:27 AM
Oct 2021
he mightve been funny the first time. but then after 10 times an episode of his gags being repeated he just single-handedly slowing the whole shows pace down to make it annoying to get through
May 14, 2023 2:32 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
tbh overall comedy scenes in this anime, especially in the latest swordsmith village arc, are more annoying than Zenitsu himself. They're bad and unfunny.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 14, 2023 2:33 AM
Jun 2021
I disagree, not a Zennitsu fan but his character makes most sense to me in this series

How do people forget that Zennitsu actually never wanted to become Demon Slayer on his own and was rather pushed by his grandpa (I mean his teach) so that he could succeed him!?

Moreover, him being panic and crying actually makes sense for his "scaredy cat" character, I mean common guys how can you expect every slayer to remain calm & composed while fighting against demon when there is no probability whether you are going to be alive in the next moment or not!? Most of the kids dissing Zennitsu here would barely resist themselves from screaming if a lion is going to attack them and then they want Zennitsu to act cool against demon?

Obviously anyone would counter this point with the statement like "He is a demon slayer, shouldn't he accept his responsibility and work on himself" and all, so for them the story hasn't end yet, just look forward to his character development

Although, yeah using his screams in a comical purpose is definitely something which can be considered as Annoying, besides that I don't find anything wrong with him (PS- simping on girls is not something weird for a boy of his age)
May 14, 2023 2:58 AM

Jul 2015
He indeed did terrible first impression, but after Rengoku's death, he went thought a significant character development and currently he is bearable is short doses. In (probably, if they'll maintain the pacing) 4th season he will have his own character arc and will completely redeem himself.
PiromyslMay 14, 2023 2:16 PM

May 14, 2023 3:17 AM
Dec 2021
cry about it. cry now cry later. cry until them tears run dry.
May 14, 2023 3:27 AM
Apr 2022
yeah demon slayer was easily a favourite anime until zenitsu showed up

I actually hate him so much he's too unbearable so I cannot be bothered to watch past the mugen train arc
May 14, 2023 3:52 AM
Apr 2016
I'm glad someone gets it. yeah not gonna lie he's why I gave the first season a low rating. But it does get better. Mugen Train, he's a lil better and actually made me laugh. By the entertainment district he's cool, but only cause he's asleep for most of it haha.

one of my big issues is how some characters, with special regards to Zenitsu, just don't feel real, like way way too exaggerated. Contemporary pop anime got a problem with that.
May 14, 2023 4:16 AM
Apr 2021
more than half of the Demon slayer Characters r annoying 💀👌
May 14, 2023 4:36 AM
Apr 2011
Story needs variety to keep the plot interesting. Expecting the same run of the mill approach for character design in every other story is going to make the plot boring very quickly.

I think the story aims to portray Zenitsu as whining slap stick comedy.
May 14, 2023 4:50 AM
Aug 2022
EXCLMaker said:

Zenitsu will get better kinda as a character when season 4 is released.
May 14, 2023 4:52 AM
May 2018
Priya080929 said:
They aren't annoying as the people who make these kinds of threads lol.
people are just ass, all they do is complain about everything just drop the f-ucking show and be done with it but no we're gonna watch and make stupid discussion that this character is annoying that is annoying, but in reality you are the one who is annoying .

Dont read the thread if you dont like it.
May 14, 2023 5:02 AM
Jul 2022
wtf? i love zenitsu and he's strong af
May 14, 2023 5:35 AM
Jul 2020
Chika250 said:
You guys are the worst. Let me tell you that Asta from Black Clover is also loud as hell, even more louder than Zenitsu. Bakugo too. And both Bakugo, Asta and Zenitsu are amazing characters. So stop spitting shit, all right?

YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME ANGRY.

Little cry baby is getting angry cause strangers on the internet are sharing their opinion
May 14, 2023 5:42 AM

May 2021
Don't worry, he completely stops being annoying in S3.

May 14, 2023 5:50 AM
May 2022
Salty-GB said:
Zenitsu isn't fucking strong though, that's the thing. The little piss baby isn't even conscious when he does cool stuff and the movie straight up shows that the unconscious personality is a TOTAL FUCKIN CREEP. He's without a doubt the worst main character I've ever seen. Dude sucks.

You think he's a creep? Why?
May 14, 2023 6:04 AM
May 2022
EXCLMaker said:

I have to agree with you to a certain point. Especially in Season 1, there were some scenes with Zenitsu, like when Tanjiro finds him crying in the middle of the road, that got really hard the bear. Those scenes also went for a long time, they should've shortened them. But that behavior also made the scenes where he's a badass a little better. All the time I'm thinking "why Is this guy even a Demon Slayer if he's afraid of the demons?" but then you see him in action and you go "oh, that's why". I also think it shows (even if in an annoying way) how hard and frustrating a mental block is.
May 14, 2023 6:06 AM
Nov 2020
EXCLMaker said:

Honestly I think all the comedy is bad but Zenitsu is the worst. I literally want to just fast forward through the comedy parts. And I almost dropped it the first time I watched when I got to episode 10. Before I get a bunch of hate.. Inosuke is pretty funny this season.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

302 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2019

281 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1095 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.