Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2009 2:51 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode! Loved that fight with the water contractor! A red and another star? What is that? That was at the beginning since I am starting this but my Japanese sucks I will just tell what more or less happened. Madame oreille at the beginning pointed out two stars to Kirihara and I really want to know what is with that...I am thinking maybe the red one is Suou and the other is Hei but not sure. I did not think that Suou had to do any maintenance on that gun of hers but I guess she does some. Nori seems to be still in love with Suou. That was a strange place to have atalk to someone but it looks to be a place where Hei gets money for his spending and from the looks of it it's looks to be a few thousands. I laughed at Suou for using her big gun just to kill a cockroach but was surprised that Hei did not hit her even when Suou was ready for it! Way to go Hei, your change is great! Very cute to see Suou sleeping with July in the bathtub she looks to bond with him like Hei connected with Yin. The battle of Hei against that water contractor that works with Kobayashi...beautiful! Reminded me of season 1 action, wish it was longer! Nori was sure clean and good looking with his flower bouquet. Suou was not able to shoot anything alive yet but she still has tears flowing down suddenly. I suspect seeing Nika die traumatized her somehow and I guess I have to get used to seeing her naked each time she uses her powers *sight*. What in the world was that machine they showed to Kirihara? Yeah Hei putting down that alcohol bottle and eating then asking for seconds was great! Reminded me a little of the glutton Hei but not quite. The end show Hei hijacking a vehicle with that machine they showed to Kirihara....what is that machine exactly? After the ED what was that submarine that surfaced? CIA?
Such a cute moment this:

vinesage said:
francismeunier said:
Great episode! Loved that fight with the water contractor! A red and another star? What is that?...I am thinking maybe the red one is Suou and the other is Hei but not sure.

vinesage said:
no idea about those stars but i always thought its of ssuou's and shion's...

That is interesting but the other star looked like the one that dissapeared along with Hei's powers so I am thinking it might be his now next to Suou.
"I laughed at Suou for using her big gun just to kill a cockroach but was surprised that Hei did not hit her even when Suou was ready for it! Way to go Hei, your change is great!"
vinesage said:
yeah, that "turning the other cheek" thing is hilarious, but Hei hit pretty hard last time cause she said it still hurt on her right cheek...poor girl :-(

Yeah, I made a pic of that to show the blood so I guess there is still a inside mark left.
"I suspect seeing Nika die traumatized her somehow and I guess I have to get used to seeing her naked each time she uses her powers *sight*. "
vinesage said:
same thought here...are they really going to show that "transformation sequence" in every single ep?? meh....

Yeah, I was thinking they might change it but guess it might not be like that.
"Yeah Hei putting down that alcohol bottle and eating then asking for seconds was great! Reminded me a little of the glutton Hei but not quite."
vinesage said:
same again~ missed the feeling of s1...

Yeah that feeling of Hei eating to pay his compensation was incredible. I am with you on this one also.
vinesage said:
Overall, cant say i really liked this ep. this season has too many things thats just meh...
- little girl + little boy in DTB?? is this intended for the famous moe factors???
Yeah most probably it was to show the happiness of Suou in her past but it was a nice one thing at least. There is also Nori's cute side with the flowers in background part you forgot.
vinesage said:
- ugly looking Hei running around with a bunch of kiddies... since when did Hei become so poor that he need to work as babysitter??

Hahahah, yeah that is funny but also sad.
vinesage said:
- ugly squirrel is getting on my nerve. And the worst is, does he freaking need to butt in between each and every sentence when Hei and Suou are talking??
Great comments again vinesage! :D I agree with your mehs and Mao should have possessed that cat that was chasing him in episode 4 it would have been so much more season 1 Mao.
francismeunierNov 6, 2009 12:33 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 5, 2009 3:04 PM

Jul 2008
I watched it raw, so I barely understood most of what happened. But I was pretty thrilled to see hints of old Li-kun again.

I loved the bit where
Nov 5, 2009 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Great episode! Loved that fight with the water contractor! A red and another star? What is that?...I am thinking maybe the red one is Suou and the other is Hei but not sure.
no idea about those stars but i always thought its of ssuou's and shion's...

"I laughed at Suou for using her big gun just to kill a cockroach but was surprised that Hei did not hit her even when Suou was ready for it! Way to go Hei, your change is great!"
yeah, that "turning the other cheek" thing is hilarious, but Hei hit pretty hard last time cause she said it still hurt on her right cheek...poor girl :-(

"I suspect seeing Nika die traumatized her somehow and I guess I have to get used to seeing her naked each time she uses her powers *sight*. "
same thought here...are they really going to show that "transformation sequence" in every single ep?? meh....

"Yeah Hei putting down that alcohol bottle and eating then asking for seconds was great! Reminded me a little of the glutton Hei but not quite."
same again~ missed the feeling of s1...

Overall, cant say i really liked this ep. this season has too many things thats just meh...
- little girl + little boy in DTB?? is this intended for the famous moe factors???
- ugly looking Hei running around with a bunch of kiddies... since when did Hei become so poor that he need to work as babysitter??
- ugly squirrel is getting on my nerve. And the worst is, does he freaking need to butt in between each and every sentence when Hei and Suou are talking??
Nov 6, 2009 9:35 AM

Aug 2009
Just waiting for the BSS atm. I cant wait.

Edit: BSS is now up!
ZepwichNov 6, 2009 12:08 PM
Nov 6, 2009 12:25 PM

Sep 2007
I'm expecting Yin to be inside of that container. Since it's codenamed "Izanami", I'm also assuming Hei can be "Izanagi"... only if what's inside the machine is really Yin.
Nov 6, 2009 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
Norio's mum is a contractor, brings a whole new point of view about contractors. Will she be as cold as that russian girl? Or will she be a caring parent like Darth Vader in the end?
Would be pretty hilarious if her renumeration is cooking, perhaps that is why she needed an oven.

PS! Norio's mum is hot!
semtexNov 6, 2009 12:32 PM
Nov 6, 2009 1:22 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Great episode, I'm really enjoying this so far. Norio's mom is a real beauty, too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 6, 2009 1:35 PM

Sep 2009
hmm nice episode. this is only a personal guess, but i bet the two stars next to each other belong to those twin dolls the women controls, and they use them to spy, like a satellite or something.
Nov 6, 2009 1:56 PM

May 2009
Overall good episode. I feel like that machine they showed was just holding whatever Izanami is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Nov 6, 2009 2:08 PM

Nov 2007
Another pretty good episode. I look forward to this every week and also - Misaki had more screentime which is a plus.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 6, 2009 2:16 PM

Oct 2007
Really good episode and nice to see Hei eating than drinking XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2009 2:18 PM

Sep 2009
Norio is an uber noob. His scene on the rooftop made me cringe. XD

Lets see... it seems that Hei is slowly starting to warm up, he actually didn't backhand Suou when given a good reason to. (which caused me to lose my imaginary bet with myself, I was so sure he'd abuse her some more) And he even went out of the way to eat seconds of her nasty weed-soup.

ALSO. Hei is still a badass, and I love it. The crafty little scene where he got into the truck with Izanami so easily was awesome. Doubtful that Izanami is Yin inside a container, but you never know. For all we know, it's a mutated form of Contractor they created to kill all contractors. They've sure got me curious. It's in all likeliness a person, because Kirihara was somewhat surprised with the contents. My bets are on super contractor.

It's a really good possibility that Norio's mum's remuneration is to bake cookies, seeing as the tranny was saying she was amazing at baking. Next episode is looking good, I think they settled down from killing everyone and everything. The battles are less intense, too, which is nice. Better to keep the fire even than to let it get out of control and fizzle abruptly, y'know?

I want to see some actual combat with Suou, I wanna see her pwn with her rifle. I do want to see some electro shock therapy from Hei, too. 'Tis a shame his powers haven't returned yet.

The stars... hm. Could easily be Suou and Shion's... or they could be the twins, although I'm pretty sure they're dolls. Odds are unlikely that it's Hei and Suou, because Hei's star is still MIA... I'd say it's the Pavlichenko twins' stars. The sub... I'd imagine it could be the Ruskies still hunting for Shion who they most likely still think is Suou. Or the CIA.

More to seeeeee, sucks that we gotta wait til next week.
JonathanDCNov 6, 2009 2:24 PM
Nov 6, 2009 2:49 PM

Apr 2009
Was a little bit dull compared to previous episodes, and I still really prefer Suou as a human, NOT a contractor (you kind of had more of a reason to care about her character as a human), but it wasn't too bad.

I still prefer this Hei. Although I can't quite understand why he persists in showing no emotion, despite technically being human again.
Nov 6, 2009 2:59 PM
Jun 2008
Some thoughts I had while watching this episode

Also, I really wish that Suou will continue to have humans' feelings!

BTW, I liked the episode :)
Nov 6, 2009 3:52 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode.

Well we do know that Izanami is definitely a women but we can't be too sure that it really is Yin.
Nov 6, 2009 3:53 PM
Dec 2007
Very good episode, mainly centered on chara development. And that's definitely what Tensai Okamura does best.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 6, 2009 3:59 PM

Jul 2009
What if Izanami is Amber? That would be hell of a plot twist. Yes I know she is dead :P
Nov 6, 2009 4:12 PM

Sep 2009
semtex said:
What if Izanami is Amber? That would be hell of a plot twist. Yes I know she is dead :P

I would have to say that would be the best plot twist, although I wonder how they'd have gotten her in that situation... she more or less vanished at the end of S1. I would crap myself if it was either Amber or Pai who they found the remains of and stitched back together under Section 3's control as a super weapon.

Far fetched, but that'd be kinda bad ass.
Nov 6, 2009 4:13 PM

Oct 2009
semtex said:
Yes! Amber being Izanami would be good but what if it is Hei' sister or a clone of her?

Nov 6, 2009 4:16 PM

Jun 2009
I didn't read any of the posts people posted but:
How come Izanami makes me think of Amber?
I really hope Amber is alive though.
=/
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Nov 6, 2009 4:18 PM

Jul 2009
Misaki is so predictably stupid.

Other than that, good ep.
Nov 6, 2009 4:30 PM

Apr 2008
I have a feeling that Izanami is Yin but we can't 100% sure of it as of now.
I would eat Suou soup if I had nothing to eat for days.
Hei is somewhat back to his eating habits.
Nov 6, 2009 4:45 PM

Oct 2009
I don't know why, but I don't like Amber...
Anyway, great episode, pretty funny and loved the part when Hei started eating ^^
I think that Izanami is Yin as well, but not sure either... Although I'm sure that Hei WILL be shocked when he discovers who Izanami really is...
I like Suou in this episode, but gotta say that the magical trnsformation is a little anoying... -_-'
Pherhaps that the stars are Souo's and Shion's ..
wana see next ep >.<
Nov 6, 2009 4:55 PM

Apr 2007
I'm getting the same idea that Izanami is Yin as well.
Somehow..

Nov 6, 2009 5:58 PM

Dec 2008
I smell a sneaky plot twist. Its coming from the shiny, big metal thing that is holding Izanami.
Nov 6, 2009 6:04 PM

Sep 2009
Desire said:
I smell a sneaky plot twist. Its coming from the shiny, big metal thing that is holding Izanami.

Lol, let's hope it is indeed a sneaky plot twist. I'd hate to be disappointed and it be something silly.

I also agree that the little magical cutscene is getting a bit annoying. I don't mind the materialization itself, but they don't need to show the full length version each time. Save time for more useful stuff instead of spending 30 seconds on creating a rifle.
Nov 6, 2009 7:05 PM

Jan 2008
personally, Darker Than Black is ruined, Bones what have you done?, I don't think John Burgmeier did the script in this season, because its clearly not the same as the last. Its more japanized now (if you know what I mean)
rapi321Nov 6, 2009 7:11 PM
Nov 6, 2009 7:09 PM

Sep 2009
i liked this episode
x3
pretty good fight scene with Hiei vs the water contracter
:)

Nov 6, 2009 7:30 PM

Jul 2008
so the guys mom was a contractor and is back. plus suou is going on her first mission now, so i wonder what isanami is? maybe a person, or maybe a computer with information on it or something?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 6, 2009 7:40 PM

May 2009
Great episode. Nice fight with the contractor using water. Some sweet animation!
I wonder what Izanami is..?
Nov 6, 2009 7:56 PM

Jul 2009
Damn Good Episode
Nov 6, 2009 8:43 PM
Oct 2009
Good episode. I am really enjoying the new season.

Somehow it feels like 20 minutes per episode isn't enough :D
Nov 6, 2009 8:48 PM

Apr 2008
Every episode with a magical girl transformation sequence is a shit episode.
:/
Nov 6, 2009 8:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
rapi321 said:
personally, Darker Than Black is ruined, Bones what have you done?, I don't think John Burgmeier did the script in this season, because its clearly not the same as the last. Its more japanized now (if you know what I mean)

It's a Japanese anime for heaven's sake :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 6, 2009 8:50 PM
Jul 2009
Hei clearly needs to give Suou cooking lessons, not contractor lessons...

and like everyone else, can't wait to find out who Izanami is.
Nov 6, 2009 9:11 PM

Aug 2007
Uneventful episode is uneventful.
Nov 6, 2009 9:14 PM

Nov 2007
Nice enough episode I still want Hei to meet the police woman though =O although next episode seems that a fight is at hand :3 the water fight was done pretty well his episode.
Nov 6, 2009 9:27 PM

Apr 2008
A water ability contractor <3 I absolutely love anyone who can control water so that was total awesomeness. I want Hei and Misaki to meeeeeet. :P
Nov 6, 2009 9:39 PM

May 2009
Glad to see Hei put down that bottle and eat for a change. Hei chowing down is an aspect that has been sorely missed this season, as has Yin (though I guess we'll be seeing her soon if she does turn out to be Izanami was some have speculated).
Nov 6, 2009 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
For some reason,i feel like that guy(norio was it?that keeps bugging suou) would die in the next ep...
this ep is so gd!
She didn't kill the birds? I thought she did
Nov 6, 2009 9:59 PM
Dec 2008
snowteddy said:
For some reason,i feel like that guy(norio was it?that keeps bugging suou) would die in the next ep...
this ep is so gd!

She did kill those birds. If she didn't then she would have never cried in the first place, and Hei would be bitch slapping her again. Which reminds me, I'm seriously surprised Hei didn't abuse Suou in this episode. I just felt something was missing lol.
gnodabNov 6, 2009 10:03 PM
Nov 6, 2009 10:27 PM

Oct 2009
Hei EATS!!! He finally EATS!!! So happy...
"How it tastes doesn't matter, as long as it's nutritious."
He actually said that instead of stating directly that it tasted bad. Wasn't it his way to accept Suou's apology? And he didn't hit Suou, It's really taken my by surprise. Isn't it great? He's changed so much (for the better ^^)
Suou was surprised at Hei's being gentler and I think that she doesn't hate him anymore (usually you don't cook for the one you hate XD). Ahh, such a great episode! And the Hei I know is coming back, can't imagine how happy I am...
Nov 7, 2009 12:11 AM

Apr 2008
It's was OK. I'm not a fan.
I guess I liked the first season too much.
Nov 7, 2009 12:17 AM

Oct 2009
OftheFlesh said:
snowteddy said:
this ep is so gd!

She did kill those birds. If she didn't then she would have never cried in the first place, and Hei would be bitch slapping her again. Which reminds me, I'm seriously surprised Hei didn't abuse Suou in this episode. I just felt something was missing lol.

I thought she did kill those birds because there is no sign of it. She also cried when about to kill Tanya but she did not kill her, well Hei stopped her. Still she cried, when they show someone being killed by her or a body I will believe that until then I suppose she killed the bird, but I though also she would bury it. That did not show at all.

Also after seeing it with subs I have more concerns, like if the ammunition is unlimited each time that gun gets summoned why the maintenance...it can't self-repair or renew? So that girl Michiru is the one of the water contractor but to find out she is really Nori's mother...that it even happened when he was 3, sad one is sad.
Something interesting from Mao: A contractor if it was human it is not so when it is a contractor but if that contractor is half learned about human things then when it becomes a contractor it learns to be human in the case of Suou. This is very interesting from Mao because Suou then might be learning mourning when something is killed, why else have tears unless sadness for the death thing is felt. Very interesting thing from Mao in this episode.
A possible theory: Madame Oreille said with her twins about making their wishe and hers (Kirihara) come true...I am thinking what if Izanami is a clone of Hei with his powers and other ones? The thing they used on him finally got clear for me. Izanami could be Yin but it could be Pai also.
BTW: brilliant way of Hei using the firecrackers.
francismeunierNov 7, 2009 1:25 AM

Nov 7, 2009 1:30 AM

Oct 2009
Great episode! Like many of you i also think Izanami might be Yin. But the way the episode ended was so abrupt.
Nov 7, 2009 1:34 AM

Apr 2008
Only if this was a 24 ep series, sigh. I love how the story is developing, it's definitely picking up
Nov 7, 2009 2:31 AM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
I'm expecting Yin to be inside of that container. Since it's codenamed "Izanami", I'm also assuming Hei can be "Izanagi"... only if what's inside the machine is really Yin.

That would be cool.Finally i will get to see Yin. Hope is her.

SpudUK said:
Was a little bit dull compared to previous episodes,

I still prefer this Hei. Although I can't quite understand why he persists in showing no emotion, despite technically being human again.

Agree about the episode and Hei.
As about his emotions. Well his a screwed-up man. You tent to became like that when you are a mess for a human, contractor or not. Also it's kind of hard to change attitude from one moment to another.

BTW, Suou is begging for it. You trained her well Hei.

That tear after she killed the bird was because she probably felt that she just killed the last thing that was still keeping her human. At least that's what seemed to me.

francismeunier said:

Also after seeing it with subs I have more concerns, like if the ammunition is unlimited each time that gun gets summoned why the maintenance..

Ammunition have nothing to do with maintenance of the gun. Obviously the damage from the usage remains on the gun and it need's maintenance like every normal gun. Only ammunition get renewed magically.
MonadNov 7, 2009 2:51 AM
Nov 7, 2009 3:05 AM

Apr 2008
I wonder how weeds taste o_o ... must be really horrible

Nov 7, 2009 4:36 AM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
francismeunier said:

Also after seeing it with subs I have more concerns, like if the ammunition is unlimited each time that gun gets summoned why the maintenance..

Ammunition have nothing to do with maintenance of the gun. Obviously the damage from the usage remains on the gun and it need's maintenance like every normal gun. Only ammunition get renewed magically.

That was not the point, I was saying, if the ammunition gets renewed magically why not the gun's condition?
BTW the bird killing, I did not see any bodies nor a single sign that she did it. The tears might have been a sign but until I see a body I will know for sure.

Nov 7, 2009 5:10 AM

Jan 2009
Oh lookielookie, it's ... uuh.. what's his name again? Oh well, his mother anyway, funny coincidence, huh?

Ah well, at last Suou manages to shoot something that's alive xD

That stuff must've tasted quite bad O.o Although it's fun that Hei's at least started eating a bit again : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.