Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 5, 8:32 AM
Jan 2022
Well, I will be honest, I am pretty bored since E6. Maybe a big part is caused because of the MC who is made as a self insert, he doesn't talk much, doesn't have much of a character, and isn't even like a bit annoying like Kyon (Melancholy's MC). I am not demanding someone like 8man, but at least some character please?

Not talking about how the girls don't have that much character growth but their whole emotion depends upon the surroundings characters, they feel like a side character in their own story and it's not because they are losing Heroines, but because we don't get any monologue or any solid character progress (like Rudy not touching Eris badly in E6 or 7 of S1 after molesting her the previous episode, bad example but gets my point across).

And now the whole festival arc and student council involvement, maybe I am just too old to watch this sh*t. And don't tell me I don't like romance, I am eating up Days with my Step Sister, S&W and liking (only a bit) Roshidere. I feel Makeine along with Shikanoko are both the weakest animes of this season, but weirdly everyone around me likes it. I am sure people will forget about this anime by next season. It's just way worse than bangers like BokuYaba or Horimiya (some people were comparing this to them).

I may drop this and pick up Wistoria.
GodsTheGuySep 5, 8:42 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 5, 8:42 AM
Jul 2022
ok thats cool glhf
Sep 5, 8:48 AM
Jun 2023
No. (Character limit)
Sep 5, 8:56 AM
Apr 2023
I'm enjoying it more than anything else airing this season.
Sep 5, 8:58 AM
Apr 2019
I think it's great, I'm bored of generic harems and isekai/harem/manhwa protagonists that are all almost perfect and with girls who fall in love with them in 3 chapters, chapter 7 and 4 seemed to me the best of makeine, I like its not so exaggerated humor makes the series enjoyable, if you don't like it it's because it's not for you, I've been watching romcoms for 11 years and I think it's pretty good, so it's simply not for you.

Sep 2018
Liking roshidere over this is like prefering naruto to hunter x hunter. Lol
Even shikonoko wrecks it imo. I think make heroine is one of the best of the season next to kinnikuman.

Btw did you even watch it? I checked your list and make heroine and episode count are all blank in watching on hold and drop.
rohan121Sep 5, 9:03 AM

Sep 2016
"Anyone else getting bored on this anime?"

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Sep 5, 9:01 AM

Apr 2021
I found funny that when someone doesnt like a romance, they always go with the old reliable the mc is a self insert. We must be watching other show cuz the characters that have been focused on, have shown progress. Im sure we will see some development of the mc eventually. Plus you mention liking roshidere and complain about lack of character development, im confused lol.
Sep 5, 9:03 AM
i like re zero

Oct 2021
I can see where you're coming from with the mc, but in still enjoying it quite a lot. I have no idea how far the series plans on going with its developments, but if it's more of a slow burn then I'd be fine with that as well, so I guess I don't agree

I will agree about nokotan though, I think nokotan is one of my least favorite this season
Sep 5, 9:04 AM
Jul 2024
Zarutaku said:

Ha!

True though. I've felt this has stayed consistently good. Unlike Giji Harem and Alya which one started ok and became really good and the other relentlessly (I seem to be in the minority) hammering on fan service.
Sep 5, 9:05 AM
i like re zero

Oct 2021
rohan121 said:
Even shikonoko wrecks it imo. I think make heroine is one of the best of the season next to kinnikuman.

Btw did you even watch it? I checked your list and make heroine and episode count are all blank in watching on hold and drop.

Roshidere I think is getting dogged on for being taken out of context, ie. incest jokes a little too much, it actually has quite a few nicely niche things about it and I'm loving it so far
Sep 5, 9:08 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to literallyeurope
rohan121 said:

Roshidere I think is getting dogged on for being taken out of context, ie. incest jokes a little too much, it actually has quite a few nicely niche things about it and I'm loving it so far
@literallyeurope
I started despising it for taking student council too seriously. Dropped after episode 8.
Sep 5, 9:11 AM
Feb 2021
nope (character limit zzzz)
Sep 5, 9:12 AM
Dec 2023
Nope,bro it's just you or maybe a few but the anime is good,Nice quality,MC not being the center even though there are some parts but it's a good show. It just might not be of your taste.
Sep 5, 9:13 AM
Jul 2024
literallyeurope said:

Alya seems to have three camps. Those who won't stop talking about how great Yuki is, those who don't like it because of the fan service/Yuki, and the camp I'm in. I don't care for the fan service and less the incest parts but I'm still enjoying the rest enough that I'll keep watching. But after this week's episode how many people were upset the Yuki scene wasn't like the LN (which was much more vulgar) was discouraging... 😂
Sep 5, 9:15 AM
Aug 2020
“they feel like side characters in their own story” - that’s the premise of the whole show.
Sep 5, 9:17 AM
Jun 2023
Shit fucking taste is all I could say
Sep 5, 9:17 AM
i like re zero

Oct 2021
KWilke said:
literallyeurope said:

Alya seems to have three camps. Those who won't stop talking about how great Yuki is, those who don't like it because of the fan service/Yuki, and the camp I'm in. I don't care for the fan service and less the incest parts but I'm still enjoying the rest enough that I'll keep watching. But after this week's episode how many people were upset the Yuki scene wasn't like the LN (which was much more vulgar) was discouraging... 😂

yeah its hard to pick a side when roshidere discussion feels like 50% goonerisms and 50% yeah this shit sucks because uhhhh I see the fanservice and that's all the face value I am going to take from it

I heard that the adaption cuts a lot of stuff, so I was thinking of reading the ln
Sep 5, 9:22 AM
Nov 2021
Just watch giji harem
Sep 5, 9:27 AM
Jul 2024
EpicInd said:
Just watch giji harem

I mean, yeah. It's gotten really good.
Sep 5, 9:28 AM
Aug 2024
GodsTheGuy said:
Well, I will be honest, I am pretty bored since E6. Maybe a big part is caused because of the MC who is made as a self insert, he doesn't talk much, doesn't have much of a character, and isn't even like a bit annoying like Kyon (Melancholy's MC). I am not demanding someone like 8man, but at least some character please?

Not talking about how the girls don't have that much character growth but their whole emotion depends upon the surroundings characters, they feel like a side character in their own story and it's not because they are losing Heroines, but because we don't get any monologue or any solid character progress (like Rudy not touching Eris badly in E6 or 7 of S1 after molesting her the previous episode, bad example but gets my point across).

And now the whole festival arc and student council involvement, maybe I am just too old to watch this sh*t. And don't tell me I don't like romance, I am eating up Days with my Step Sister, S&W and liking (only a bit) Roshidere. I feel Makeine along with Shikanoko are both the weakest animes of this season, but weirdly everyone around me likes it. I am sure people will forget about this anime by next season. It's just way worse than bangers like BokuYaba or Horimiya (some people were comparing this to them).

I've heard the opposite online. That Makeine is the strongest romcom of the season, and I agree with it too. I nearly dropped it after the first three episodes but continued with it and have been loving it since the fourth episode.

I don't really see Nukimizu as a self-insert. He does talk a lot, maybe less than Yanami because that's just her personality but the moments where he are silent are really good, like when he was simply listening to console Lemon after her upset.

It might just not be for you. I do find all the school events and preparation arcs boring both here and roshidere but I guess that's just part of what a highschool romcom is.
Sep 5, 9:31 AM
Dec 2022
It's fine, bud. It's not for everyone. I saw a forum like this for Roshidere. Just watch what you wanna watch. It won't stop others from watching it and lovin' it. 👍🏾
Sep 5, 9:31 AM
Jul 2024
literallyeurope said:
KWilke said:

yeah its hard to pick a side when roshidere discussion feels like 50% goonerisms and 50% yeah this shit sucks because uhhhh I see the fanservice and that's all the face value I am going to take from it

I heard that the adaption cuts a lot of stuff, so I was thinking of reading the ln

Goonsters... haha. More than likely. The LN's I know are more perverse from what I've seen people talking about being cut. And the Yuki scene from this week she mentions the mating habits of rabbits to her brother while on the table. I'm good! 🤣
Sep 5, 9:37 AM
Aug 2024
KWilke said:
Zarutaku said:

Ha!

True though. I've felt this has stayed consistently good. Unlike Giji Harem and Alya which one started ok and became really good and the other relentlessly (I seem to be in the minority) hammering on fan service.

is giji harem actually good? I dropped it after episode 2 because I didn't get why the girl instantly got in love with the mc.
Sep 5, 9:40 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Like the Russian chick anime, it was good the first few episodes. Even funny and interesting. Now it's just mediocre like majority of all anime nowadays.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Sep 5, 9:41 AM
Aug 2024
KWilke said:
literallyeurope said:

Goonsters... haha. More than likely. The LN's I know are more perverse from what I've seen people talking about being cut. And the Yuki scene from this week she mentions the mating habits of rabbits to her brother while on the table. I'm good! 🤣

Yeah, I'm not really sure what it could possibly imply about someone if they're that upset about that rabbit scene being cut 😂 I honestly found the other jokes funny but that one is just plain weird. It's basically crossing the line from ironic to unironic.
Sep 5, 9:49 AM
Jan 2024
GodsTheGuy said:

Not having Wistoria already in the lineup tells me all I need to know 😪
Sep 5, 9:51 AM
Jul 2024
Master_Chef said:
KWilke said:

Ha!

is giji harem actually good? I dropped it after episode 2 because I didn't get why the girl instantly got in love with the mc.

Giji got really good. I agree that her immediate infatuation was kinda weird and I didn't like him at first. But after almost dropping it I ended up starting to really enjoy it. He's grown on me too, I've always loved her character and the VA deserves so much credit.
Sep 5, 9:54 AM
Jul 2024
KWilke said:
literallyeurope said:

I'll let you be the judge... 🤣 This was put up in another post.
Sep 5, 10:06 AM
Oct 2023
GodsTheGuy said:

Should pick it up prob the best anime this season so far
Sep 5, 10:08 AM
Jan 2022
Hard disagree. It’s refreshing to see a romcom where the female love interests don’t just instantly drop their former crushes in favor of the MC. It’s obvious that they’re gonna eventually compete for Nuzumiku, but right now they’re all dealing with their feelings after being rejected. The emotions don’t just go away, and it’s hard for someone who’s still in love with one person to start seeing other people as potential love interests. That’s why the whole running gag with Yanami baiting Nuzumiku into thinking she’s starting to view him as a potential boyfriend is so great. Even tho she consistently deflated his expectations, there’s tons of signs that she actually is starting to fall for jim, but just doesn’t even realize it yet herself bc of her lingering love for Sosuke. Same with all of the other girls.
Sep 5, 10:09 AM
Feb 2021
KWilke said:
KWilke said:

Thank god they toned down the incest shit In the anime. It is what made me drop the light novel originally and made me doubt the anime.
Sep 5, 10:13 AM
Jul 2024
Yeah, agreed. It's too much for me as is in anime, but I still enjoy it. But it could have been worse.
Sep 5, 10:13 AM

May 2024
Nah this gets better each week.
Sep 5, 10:24 AM
Jul 2021
No. But also wistoria is really good get into that too
Sep 5, 10:50 AM
Feb 2021
idk man, this is my personal favorite romance of the season. i am enjoying this way more than roshidere and days with my stepsister because of its unique premise for a romcom, as well as its beautifully executed storytelling and animation.
Sep 5, 11:00 AM
Nov 2023
It seems that a lot of people who don’t like anime are watching anime and getting bored. That’s fine, but nobody needs to know if a random individual doesn’t enjoy a show. I am finding it harder every year to find a decent brand of coffee. I’m probably going to drop Nescafé and pick up Costa, but I’m sure nobody cares about that either. BTW I enjoy all the shows mentioned in this thread and will probably watch them to the end.
Sep 5, 11:28 AM
Mar 2023
ryderxt said:
KWilke said:

Thank god they toned down the incest shit In the anime. It is what made me drop the light novel originally and made me doubt the anime.

ooh my god... that girl is sick
Sep 5, 11:55 AM
May 2024
i promise you no one cares about posts like this.. if you think its boring thats on you, idky you need to announce it like you already know we all enjoy our time watching this anime. go write this type of shit in your journal
Sep 5, 12:28 PM
May 2023
Nah. I can see how you feel that. This premise has a similar pacing to something like Oregairu (which looking back wasn’t really worth personally), but I’m enjoying this for A1 pictures (studio animating it) since they just put so much heart into their work.
Sep 5, 12:46 PM
Oct 2023
Maybe it’s just not ur thing. I personally really enjoy and have not at all gotten bored of it. I did get bored of days with my stepsister though. Nothing was happening in that anime.
Sep 5, 2:22 PM
Oct 2022
This anime is pretty good. I wouldn’t say it’s the best, I like Elusive Samurai more. But the visuals, animation, characters, story, plot and everything else reminds me very well of Makoto Shinkai’s movies style.
Sep 5, 2:23 PM

Apr 2022
nah this is by far the best romcom i've seen in the last few years, so far anyway. roshidere and horimiya are good but not as good as i was hoping, bokuyabai just meh.
Sep 5, 2:27 PM
Feb 2018
You can't be the best show of the season without these "yeah, but ..." threads full of takes so wack and wrong that seems like they are talking about a different show lol.
Sep 5, 5:43 PM

Aug 2015
For me it is approaching Toradora as best high school romcom.
Sep 5, 7:57 PM
Jul 2023
I'm getting a little bored, too. all of the Chihaya drama was frankly ridiculous and a little over the top for me. the mc is generic and doesn't really have an active role in anything going on (which is kinda the point).

I don't think it's the most boring of the season though as Shoshimin exists. I wouldn't recommend picking up wistoria to cure your boredom either. it's a generic magic high school shonen. if you want something from this season, I'd recommend Mayonaka Punch or The Elusive Samurai
CayusashiSep 5, 8:00 PM
Sep 5, 10:40 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to rohan121

@rohan121 aah, I update my MAL at the end of every season instead of each week, and also give final ratings with or without review. I like Roshidere because of Imouto else the Student Council shit is lame and Alya is annoying tbh. And not Haruhi kind of annoying but a bad kind of annoying.
Sep 5, 10:42 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to TaySoXL444
GodsTheGuy said:

Not having Wistoria already in the lineup tells me all I need to know 😪
@TaySoXL444 I didn't pick it up because it felt generic to me, and it was not talked about at all, but I gave it a try yesterday and it's actually good and something I like.
Sep 5, 10:46 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to Cayusashi
I'm getting a little bored, too. all of the Chihaya drama was frankly ridiculous and a little over the top for me. the mc is generic and doesn't really have an active role in anything going on (which is kinda the point).

I don't think it's the most boring of the season though as Shoshimin exists. I wouldn't recommend picking up wistoria to cure your boredom either. it's a generic magic high school shonen. if you want something from this season, I'd recommend Mayonaka Punch or The Elusive Samurai
@Cayusashi I am watching Elusive Samurai and I guess we feel the same about Makeine. I like Shishomin after I come from college and need something chill to watch while I lay in bed. I watched Wistoria and it's good for now, I kinda liked Mashle so this will be fine too ig.

Edit: I am actually watching Dr House to fill up my boredom lol, I think I should take a break from all these things and create some projects for college. I watch anime for peace but can't digest teenagers whining about becoming a part of Student Council, like it's not even fun irl.
GodsTheGuySep 5, 10:57 PM
Sep 5, 10:54 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to RomanRonin
Hard disagree. It’s refreshing to see a romcom where the female love interests don’t just instantly drop their former crushes in favor of the MC. It’s obvious that they’re gonna eventually compete for Nuzumiku, but right now they’re all dealing with their feelings after being rejected. The emotions don’t just go away, and it’s hard for someone who’s still in love with one person to start seeing other people as potential love interests. That’s why the whole running gag with Yanami baiting Nuzumiku into thinking she’s starting to view him as a potential boyfriend is so great. Even tho she consistently deflated his expectations, there’s tons of signs that she actually is starting to fall for jim, but just doesn’t even realize it yet herself bc of her lingering love for Sosuke. Same with all of the other girls.
@RomanRonin Many RomComs are actually like that where MC is not the center character, Oregairu or Toradora or or BokuYaba or even Horimiya as examples.

I feel that the show took the cliche of "losing heroines" and wanted to be serious about it, which is not hitting me. I mean I am the type of guy which reads Otome Manhwa, played many Otome games and have watched cringe fest shows like "You", so I know a bit about someone feeling down, but those feelings never came across anytime in this anime.

Like the pacing is strictly 2 episode per girl, 3 girls, so the arcs will repeat like that. Like Monogatari did extremely well with the feeling of love sickness with Hanekawa and Nadeko, hell, second arc of Off Season was about facing the past and growing up, and if I get 2% of character development here that Monogatari offered, I would be happy to watch this.

And one thing that even die hard fans agree is that the shy "Bocchi" character is boring. For me, other characters are as empty as Bocchi but they just have their quirks (like Lemon being an athlete and the common "tomboy" character and Otter san loves eating and being the Blue haired losing Heroine).

I bet if the animation was not this good, many people would have dropped the show by E3.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Yesterday

92 by Luckser »»
2 hours ago

» 3rd Ending

ARK-13 - Aug 31

4 by Levi_97 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 24

170 by sholana »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31

104 by Spo0ky-chan »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM

» Episode 6 Ending

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Sep 3

12 by EdgyLord666 »»
Yesterday, 2:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.