3It was OK
3.3%
2Disliked it
0.5%
1Hated it
1.0%
Average 4.8
421 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2011 7:42 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dear J.C. Staff,

I am speechless, every scene is great, starting from prolouge, then new OP til the end. Great job.

Now, if there's any people who isn't satisfied with the episode, i don't know what to say with you guys/gals. Period.

Discuss!

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 4, 2011 8:13 AM
Jun 2009
It feels like I'm watching an entirely different show. Let's hope that this arc makes up for the previous episodes.
Feb 4, 2011 8:26 AM
Dec 2010
Finally the Academy City invasion arc begins. Loved this episode.
New opening is win.
LRFeb 4, 2011 10:21 AM
Feb 4, 2011 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
Yay~ new OP!

Really random and funny ep.!

EXTREMELY LQ of full ED PV:
tsubasaloverFeb 4, 2011 11:21 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 4, 2011 8:59 AM

Jul 2010
Oh wow ... suddenly it feels like a different series.
Well done JC staff.

Hopefully we get to see
and
in a similar quality.
Feb 4, 2011 8:59 AM

May 2009
Oh, come on people give it a score of 5 already! xD

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 4, 2011 9:04 AM

Jul 2010
Aezile said:

*looks at poll results*
Hmm, 2 votes for 5.
I did mah job, dunno about anyone else.
Feb 4, 2011 9:17 AM

Dec 2007
I wanna see more scenes of Accelarotor :o

btw great episode! It was awesome.
Feb 4, 2011 10:31 AM

Oct 2009
Accelerator:3 yeah new OP awesome new friday come soon
Feb 4, 2011 10:36 AM

Oct 2010
Holy shit the OP is amazing despite I don't like the starting beat but as ti picks up it gets amazing.

^When this happens I am going to be over 9000 excited. This is going to be Top Notch action. Will comment more later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 4, 2011 10:38 AM

May 2009
So far, so good, about the votes. Come on people give us a 5! A high five! ( ̄^ ̄)./.5/.

Oh and,
LordRandus said:

you beat me to it, man! how did yo even got an 720p vid? Did you enhance it by yourself? Dang, anyway I love you for that, in a non-gay way <3

Feb 4, 2011 10:41 AM

Nov 2008
Accelerator didn't know what to think when he opened the bathroom door seeing nude chicks and Last Order.

Excellent OP

Kuroko was relentless in this episode and I'm glad she interrupted Mikoto and Touma's picture taking. Too bad Touma isn't just the victim in this episode even Kazari has to bear some of her wrath for her yuri fantasies at Mikoto. LOL at Kuroko being fried by Mikoto, it never gets old but it isn't as good as the end of the Railgun OVA (that was the best of them all, I wonder if Kuroko liked the electrocution at the end).

The dialouge between Komoe and Last Order was priceless (It felt like children were talking except Komoe is not a child at all).

Oh yeah did I mention Last Order just got on the bad side of one of Misaka clones by stealing her goggles.

Feb 4, 2011 11:48 AM

May 2010
Yay Religion is over finally
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 4, 2011 1:52 PM

Oct 2010
OK, I have to say apart from the new OP the episode was the best laughter I got so far this season. All was funny, hilarious and sometimes I choked on my laugh because it was that good. This episode is like a 180 degree turn. It’s like everything it going to get better and no more shitty religion or not too much of it. Will my wish of kick ass action really get going soon. I want to see that part in the pic with Accelerator and that Touma fight!

I can’t get enough of the OP, just the beginning irks me a little the rest is amazing. I noticed some interesting things in the new OP, those must be the fall uniforms for Uiharu’s and Shirai/Misaka’s school. Right? When I took a actual look at the 720p version, holy shit Sherry is wearing a see through that allows me too see her bra/panties and they are black! Daring! For some reason Touma is younger at this part. Although the look alike comic strip goes by fast I found out some rather interesting things while pausing it, namely a little how it goes, Touma bumping into Misaka in a peculiar way, Touma bumping into Maika while Misaka get stopped by Shirai, yet again touches Orsola in a little ecchi way, that girl Itsuwa appears before him, gets scolded by Fukiyose, escapes right away from Komoe/Himegami, running into Aiho with her friend, followed closely by Misaka clone being like she was on a date with Touma along with Last order (probably the Misaka he got familiar with in season 1) and afterwards she looks to go bonkers on him. Finally there is interesting depiction of Touma/Index in the sky, wonder what its signification might be.

All in all this one heck of a OP with a fascinating sequence. In fact can’t stop listening to it while writing this. Gangler you are right, things will get better from here on hopefully as you mentioned somethings from the LN for me. For the actual episode, I think it would be nice to stress out how the characters played out.
About Misaka, Misaka had the best face of all her faces ever. I found it amazingly charming and shy. It was the best at its setup that it happened. She also looks good with that uniform. The way she was portrayed at that part of Shirai/Touma blowing wind on her skirt with notebooks was just the start of wonderful comedy. Her usual electrification of Shirai was actually missed for some time. The way her face is when she got insisting upon Touma was priceless. The way Touma’s face was with Misaka’s shy face was incredibly humorist. The picture part with the cell phone once again more comedy with the priceless faces. The best was when Misaka was close to Touma and having a flustered face.

About Touma, he was great this time around, no more shitty speeches from him! Pure comedy only. Starting with getting double punched with Tsuchimikado and his friend, great comedy right at the start. When he joins with those 2 they looked like perverts assaulting Fukiyose. Only to get head butted by Fukiyose, falling into a KO and comedy enough to laugh at Himegami poking him. His attempt at chivalrous ways failed so bad towards Misaka. At least he was smart enough to calm Misaka down with his imagine breaker, which really was itself comedy.
Rest in spoiler
About the end/preview, the end with a Misaka clone arming and taking her gun out freaked me out considering she is most likely after Last Order. Still it was weird for her to do that suddenly. Preview looks promising, some nice fan service of Sherry (finally), Kanzaki and Agnese again. Laura looked strangely ecchi with her clothing in the bathtub, huh? With her clothing!? Finally, Hyouka Kazakiri comes in. Haven’t seen her since season 1. This will be start of a epic end I hope.

Feb 4, 2011 5:47 PM

Dec 2007
FINALLY I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!! two novel will be packed in the remaining episodes....but its starting to get better!!
Touma getting punched by aogami and tsuchimikado was ok but then head knocked by Fukiyose was priceless.....for world peace :D:D....misaka clones conversation was just perfect....kuroko+touma vs misaka :D:D:D:D
Kuroko-youkai can be pretty scary....:/ :D:D
Misaka-imouto pulling out that gun was totally terminatorlike :D:D
NICE op...NICE episode :D...wanna moaaar..
SalathielFeb 4, 2011 6:25 PM
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Feb 4, 2011 9:13 PM

Jun 2010
Misaka imouto pulling the gun out scared me LOL
Feb 4, 2011 9:17 PM

May 2008
Lol this episode is so funny and Misaka Touma moments really loled

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 4, 2011 9:21 PM

Sep 2008
Too much Misaka.
This show sucks again; how much screen time did Index get?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2011 9:47 PM

Feb 2009
Touma really looks like Itsuki from Air Gear in this ep. and at Kuroko just lawl
Feb 4, 2011 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
such a great Op! they did good on this one enjoyed it alot,and Kuroko scared the Crap out of me when she teleported haha.
Feb 4, 2011 9:55 PM

Jul 2008
This might be my favorite episode of Index yet. The OP was great, I laughed the whole time. I love Misaka!
Feb 4, 2011 9:59 PM
Nov 2009
Very hilarious episode, didn't see a single nun besides Index, awesome!
Feb 4, 2011 10:16 PM

Oct 2010
Yaay new op is awesome
This was a really refreshing episode, kuroku was brutal lol
Feb 4, 2011 10:34 PM

Jan 2008
accelerator goes inside the bath room without blushing... Imagine what Touma would act if it were him...
Feb 4, 2011 10:53 PM

Jun 2008
Aezile said:

NO!

The animation is much improved, but this was a very MEH episode....3/5

HawthorneKitty said:
Too much Misaka.
This show sucks again; how much screen time did Index get?

I agree, way too much of the Misaka Sisters, however Index doesn't deserve any screen time so there was no problem there.

Yumekichi11 said:
About Touma, he was great this time around, no more shitty speeches from him! Pure comedy only.

Touma was ok this episode, but only because it was a comedic and there was no fighting involved.

Also: THANK YOU KUROKO!!!

This is one of my new favorite pictures of all time!
Feb 4, 2011 10:54 PM

Apr 2008
So many Misaka moments xD

Feb 4, 2011 10:57 PM

Nov 2008
I liked the episode, waiting for next one.
Feb 4, 2011 11:27 PM

Jul 2009
friggin awesome episode. hilarious too. the ending was a bit of a wtf? not even a cliffhanger, just wtf to me lol. oh well, i love the whole misakaxtouma scenes.
Feb 4, 2011 11:37 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome episode after a long time. please keep this up. i don't wanna see those stupid arcs with lots of nuns.

Misaka dream. i wanna see what she was seeing and touma got a cool new costume. great. i loved that when i saw it first time in the ending. i hope they won't change it to that normal shirt in next episode.

Touma, Tsuchimikado and third friend attack on Fukyuse. that was totally unexpected and funny. loved it. though i didn't understand their most of talk. ithey were talking about some machine and their own shoulders and then they go to Fukyose and asked a weird request? O_o

Accelerator quarrel with Komoe-sesnei.. lol. "unexplainable creature. research completed on stopping cells from aging" Accelerator is hilarious and anti-skill member . lol.

Misaka punishment game (which was supposed to be a happy date) really become punishment for Touma. Kuroko is keep getting in the way. poor Misaka she didn't got that Gekota strap.

Misaks sister and last order. <3 i wanna see more misaka sisters and whats with the cliffhanger. machine gun? don't tell me she's going to shoot last order. those glasses are some kind of controlling device to stop them going berserk? i can't wait for next episode.
Feb 4, 2011 11:43 PM

Oct 2010
Tsuki-Hime said:
whats with the cliffhanger. machine gun? don't tell me she's going to shoot last order. those glasses are some kind of controlling device to stop them going berserk? i can't wait for next episode.
Can't last order control all of them somehow or they are independent of Last Order? I don't think anything is going to happen to Last Order or Accelerator would not have any powers or at least would have a hard time with them.

Feb 5, 2011 12:05 AM

Sep 2010
Finally. That was a good episode.

Loved the OP.
Feb 5, 2011 12:05 AM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Tsuki-Hime said:
whats with the cliffhanger. machine gun? don't tell me she's going to shoot last order. those glasses are some kind of controlling device to stop them going berserk? i can't wait for next episode.
Can't last order control all of them somehow or they are independent of Last Order? I don't think anything is going to happen to Last Order or Accelerator would not have any powers or at least would have a hard time with them.

I think they are independent. last order is just one more member of the network (as far as i understand). yeah. i think she will get out of her range or accelerator will save her, but i wonder why her attitude suddenly changed after removing those glasses. actually i was thinking about this since beginning, why sisters wear those glasses on the forehead and i think this is the first time we got an answer but after removing its seems that they are some kind of controlling seal to stop them going berserk.
Feb 5, 2011 12:12 AM

Jul 2009
Fuck the plot, I'd settle for 26 episodes of this.

Also, the time for revolution has come.

Doubly also, "What's this? How should I say... Such misfortune. /deadpan"
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 5, 2011 12:14 AM

Sep 2007
Wtf was this? Too much terrible tsundere Mikoto made this episode just ridiculously facepalmy.

Naked women need to act more like that instead of going IIYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NERDRAGE every single time.
Feb 5, 2011 12:20 AM

Jun 2008
wheresthehandle said:
Fuck the plot, I'd settle for 26 episodes of this.

I thought the episode was ok at best...

However since the religion bs was killing this show, I guess 26 episodes of this would be an improvement.
Feb 5, 2011 12:21 AM

Apr 2008
Tsuki-Hime said:

Touma, Tsuchimikado and third friend attack on Fukyuse.

Pierce Aogami's the name.
Feb 5, 2011 12:35 AM
May 2010
KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Holy shit, I am not disappoint. First episode of this arc and I was totally into it... J.C. Staff obviously can't adapt magic worth shit... but this was just fantastic.
(Though Misaka was a bit too dere for me...)

Now that I've survived the crap, it finally starts getting good. I'm glad I didn't drop it.
Feb 5, 2011 1:08 AM

Sep 2009
I loved this episode. Misaka, Kureko, and Touma (while with one of the other two) are hilarious. I'm glad we're back to science stuff. All the religious parts of the show was starting to bore me.
Feb 5, 2011 1:10 AM
Mar 2010
Magic side adaptions are shit, but the science side adaptions are amazing. This episode is a tie between the episode where Accelerator Falcon Punched Awaki.

Love the winter uniforms, by the way ;)
Feb 5, 2011 1:23 AM

Jul 2010
wtf?? I mean lol...

All Last-order did was stealing her goggle and Miska is all like: " Misaka #10032 - Terminator Mode: ON. It's time for revolution bitch" lol

Anyway, nice OP and that big-boobed girl with glasses is back as well... I forgot, who was she again?? More or less she's not a human...

Feb 5, 2011 1:28 AM

Sep 2008
Goddamn this was just soo good. It was exactly what I wanted. They just took the novel, put it on screen. Animation back in action. Awesome new Op that was well worth the wait. Couldn't be happier.

The slice of life in this arc really is just a notch above what we've had thus far. Mikoto is awesome. Reminds me why we love her. Great facial expressions. Great mannerisms. Just fantastic all around.

Imouto is also great. There were a couple moments that reminded me of previous displays of personality (kept thinking of her face when she named the cat "Dog"). I hope we get to see more of Misaka 19090. She seems fun. It's gonna be cool watching the imouto's develop their own personalities.

I love the winter uniforms to a degree that is almost flamboyant. Just so good. So pretty. Dat Jacket Hnnnng. The skirt is awesome and the bowtie just completes the outfit in a way I can't even understand. Never would have thought to put a bowtie on a female uniform but it just works so well. Sleeves just look so good on Mikoto too. She shouldn't ever be without sleeves.

Accellerator displayed the mark of a truly badass character today. Even when he's not kicking ass, he's still the coolest guy on the block. Guy never loses his composure. His behavior in the bath scene was just golden. Completely unfazed. Keeping the moment to re-establish the collar's connection to his language skills was a nice touch.

The joke with Fukiyose seemed poorly executed, but it wasn't done too well in the LN's either. You can only work with what you got.

Anyway, good stuff. I have high hopes for this arc.

Yumekichi11 said:
Tsuki-Hime said:

last order can give commands that basically overide the imouto's own thoughts. It's what she did when she asked her to bend over. So yes, she can control them when she wants to.

The goggles allow them to see electricity and magnetism and such. They're not as powerful as Mikoto, so they can't just sense the stuff on their own like her, which is why they need it in order to see what they're controlling. At least that's what Imouto said in season one. It's kind of contradicted by the fact that I don't think we've ever seen any of them actually wear the goggles over their eyes as they work...
GanglerFeb 5, 2011 2:08 AM
Feb 5, 2011 2:32 AM

Sep 2010
Nice OP and Kuroko kick! "YES!" LOL
Feb 5, 2011 2:41 AM

Apr 2010
chococya96 said:
wtf?? I mean lol...

All Last-order did was stealing her goggle and Miska is all like: " Misaka #10032 - Terminator Mode: ON. It's time for revolution bitch" lol

I literally LOL'd at that. Was so random. It would be awesome if that one Misaka went on a rampage though after her goggles were removed

Feb 5, 2011 2:51 AM

Nov 2010
THIS....was amazing, I don't think I stopped laughing more than 30 seconds this entier episode, and WOAH! what a jump in total overall quality, animation, storytelling etc. I kinda feel like J.C. Staff was skimping on the earlier episodes just to save money for this arc...so far it's totally worth it, this is one of the funniest episodes i've seen in the entire series! Plus with so many characters in one episode you can't help but feel like something big is gonna be going down soon.

And yea...what was with the terminator mode thing o.O...First I laughed...then I was like "wait what?!"
Feb 5, 2011 2:58 AM

Feb 2010
this ep reminds me why i actually watch/like this show in the first place.
Feb 5, 2011 3:05 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was better than the last 5 episodes altogether xO
Science >>> Magic

It's cooler and i understand more of it lol

Misaka Misaka's Comment's are epic and i feel a little bit bad for Kuroko loxD
I think we won't get to see a lot Index anymore.

Feb 5, 2011 3:40 AM

Aug 2009
OP was okay. I'll get used to it. The episode was fine. Not a fan of Misaka so you won't see me give this a 5.
Feb 5, 2011 3:42 AM
Jan 2011
Episode was likeable, despite nothing much happening. Kuroko annoyed me a lot while watching Railgun but I find her very tolerable in Index.
Feb 5, 2011 3:48 AM

May 2009
That was fun with lots of funny moments. As bad as I felt for Komoe when Accelerator made mean comment, I couldn't stop laughing.
Feb 5, 2011 3:57 AM

Jul 2009
Weak start with new garbage OP but the episode itself was probably the best of the entire season.
So many random funny scenes and Touma didn't have a single speech nor did he punch anyone^^

And so much Kuroko =D
Loved her surprise dropkick on Touma xD
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.