3It was OK
10.0%
2Disliked it
0.4%
1Hated it
1.0%
Average 4.4
701 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 23, 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
The two sorcerers meetng Raphael face-to-face, and Zagan calls for a ceasefire whilst having Barbatos deal with the surroundings to get his shtick, especially regarding Chastille. And knowing the dragon slayer, Raphael is in only one mood to test Zagan, and right now, the most important is looking up on Chastille with the help of his friend. Meanwhile, Valefor gets used to life in said archdemon's mansion, though the threat of Raphael remains there. And it's really a shame that both of Zagan and Nephy's chance of a kiss got interrupted by Barbatos coming in on an emergency bringing Chastille back, who's poisoned. And this does not forebode well for Valefor. who still reels revenge on the Angelic Knights, even at the sight of her Scared Sword. Not to worry, there's torture devices all around to satiate revenge, you're welcome - from Zagan :)

Chastille's only solace within the Church is Cardinal Clavwell and his mysterious group, and for now, rests within Zagan's protection, as much as she doesn't want to be the 3rd party between him and Nephy. For the time being, Chastille being resorted to being a maid and taking care of Zagan's mansion, she's really useless outside of her knighthood, being chased around by Valefor even with all of the simplest of creatures like frogs. But the real question of Valefor being sustenant living a comfortable life with Zagan. she'll never rid herself of the past, and even if she wanted Chastille to come after her, she couldn't exactly force her, and instead, leaves on her own without notice.

Where could Valefor have headed?
May 23, 10:09 AM

Jan 2024
Chastile continues to be the best character of the show.
May 23, 10:46 AM
Aug 2022
I think everyone thought nephy was talking about Zagan in the bath scene with chastille.

It's like one big family. Zagan the husband, Nephy the wife, For the youngest child, Chastille the older sister and barbatos the annoying uncle
May 23, 10:55 AM

Dec 2022
Harem denied!

What an incredibly packed episode. We got the tense showdown between Zagan and Raphael. The vibe I got from Raphael was that he's secretly a good guy who's trying to discreetly help Chastille and only pretending to be antagonistic towards Zagan. Maybe he only kills the evil sorcerers. Zagan is an extreme exception among sorcerers after all.

After an obligatory cockblock, we find out that the corrupt church has finally made an attempt on Chastille's life, and she joins the party. Meanwhile, Zagan gives some extremely based lessons to Valefor. This man with powerful magic is teaching an animal girl with claw powers about how to get revenge. Where have I seen this before?

We're left with the hook of Valefor running off in search of revenge against Raphael, who she at least thinks killed her dad. Zagan's and Chastille's stories seem to have merged. Pls no bully Chastille, she's too adorable. Cannot wait until next week.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
May 23, 10:59 AM

May 2019
Reply to Phantom_373
I think everyone thought nephy was talking about Zagan in the bath scene with chastille.

It's like one big family. Zagan the husband, Nephy the wife, For the youngest child, Chastille the older sister and barbatos the annoying uncle
@Phantom_373
Yeah initially I thought Nephy was talking about Zagan in the bath together but as she kept going on as to how they get playful that's when I figured it was about For but the misunderstanding was funny. Also great description on their family setup including Chastille and Barbatos, I can see that too.

Regarding For, since Zagan told her she was free to take care of any outstanding issues I figure she either went to pay her father's grave a visit or maybe she has an idea who the murderer is, we'll see.
May 23, 11:55 AM
Feb 2023
keep loving this anime, my seasons' favorite
May 23, 12:49 PM
Feb 2024
NOOO, SO CLOSE TO A KISS!!!
Zagan was ready to kill Barbatos, too 😂. Of course, Chastille being poisoned IS kind of problematic.
I love how calmly Zagan explained to For what exactly revenge entails, the look on For and Nephy’s faces were perfect- I didn’t think Barbatos would be the one to be the voice of reason though
“You really wanna be teaching your kid that kinda thing?” I mean… at least she’ll be able to protect herself in the future? I wish this series would go on forever- I’d love to see Zagan when For starts dating 🤣

Zagan totally had a proud Dad moment seeing For retaliate with Chastille’s stay with frogs 😂.
“It’s like messing with her is no challenge.”
I love that his ground rules were no pranks during meals or involving food, but pretty much anything else goes.
It’s easy to see why she doesn’t trust Chastille, hopefully next episode they’ll be able to reconcile.
I can’t believe they ended the episode there though! 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。
May 23, 2:03 PM

Feb 2019
Might be my fave episode so far! This was so good from beginning to end. Loved having a Chastille focused episode as she’s lowkey my favourite character, and seeing her getting bullied by For was great 😂

Things with Raphael went about as I expected with him not being out to kill Zagan and Barbatos, yet anyway. Most damage he did was making a girl pass out with his smile lmao. But based on what we saw with For’s flashback at the end, he was at least present when her dad was killed. Could be another misdirection?

Wouldn’t be a fantasy anime if we didn’t have the church being corrupt.. no wonder they hate Chastille so much, she’s one of the only decent people in the org lol. They had to try and poison her to get rid of her.

Second half of the episode with Chastille coming to live at the castle was some of the most fun I’ve had with anime this season! Chastille looked so cute when she wanted Zagan to stay with her. As I always say, I love a little love triangle and unrequited love drama etc so it’ll be fun to see how they use that.

Maid Chastille looks so cute! But For bullying her and making her life hell at the castle was great too 😂 I’m sure by the end of all of this they’re gonna be so close. Even Barbatos was shocked by how Zagan was teaching For about revenge lmao.

Hope Valefor doesn’t go off to do anything too crazy.. worried for next episode
Marinate1016May 23, 2:37 PM
May 23, 2:18 PM

Mar 2024
This one was great! This series is quickly rising to the top of my list for this season. It's extremely endearing and it's very easy to sympathize with the main characters.
May 23, 2:30 PM
Nov 2018
@Lampblasted Of course, harem denied. This is supposed to be a wholesome show!
May 23, 2:33 PM
Oct 2022
Hyurandell is a tough guy. He almost killed 500 knights and I think he could kill both Zagan and Barbatos quick enough, he looks like a powerful knight.

I feel sorry for Chastille. She has been kicked out from the Church, but it is okay. She does not have any reason to follow the hunt of Archdemon Zagan, because they have a good relationship and are getting along pretty well. For seems to detest Chastille, but she needs to understand that she is not responsible for her father’s death. Angelic Knights are a worthy enemy for dragons.

For said to Zagan “I want to live with you for one hundred years”. Nephy would be able too, because elves live long as well. Great anime, I love it so far, can’t wait for the next episode =)
May 23, 4:24 PM
Oct 2010
I guess that ending is what you'd call a... For gone conclusion. *ba-dum tiss*
May 23, 7:20 PM

Mar 2013
Another episode with my lovely Chastlille! 🥰

We also get to see another diary scenes of For, it was adorable as well.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 23, 7:29 PM

Dec 2022
Such a cute episode. I know Barbatos did some shitty things to Zagan, but I'm glad they still remained "friends." It's funnier with him around.
May 23, 7:31 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode!

"While seeking revenge, dig two graves -- one for yourself."
-- Douglas Horton
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 23, 7:32 PM
May 2017
Reply to KANLen09
The two sorcerers meetng Raphael face-to-face, and Zagan calls for a ceasefire whilst having Barbatos deal with the surroundings to get his shtick, especially regarding Chastille. And knowing the dragon slayer, Raphael is in only one mood to test Zagan, and right now, the most important is looking up on Chastille with the help of his friend. Meanwhile, Valefor gets used to life in said archdemon's mansion, though the threat of Raphael remains there. And it's really a shame that both of Zagan and Nephy's chance of a kiss got interrupted by Barbatos coming in on an emergency bringing Chastille back, who's poisoned. And this does not forebode well for Valefor. who still reels revenge on the Angelic Knights, even at the sight of her Scared Sword. Not to worry, there's torture devices all around to satiate revenge, you're welcome - from Zagan :)

Chastille's only solace within the Church is Cardinal Clavwell and his mysterious group, and for now, rests within Zagan's protection, as much as she doesn't want to be the 3rd party between him and Nephy. For the time being, Chastille being resorted to being a maid and taking care of Zagan's mansion, she's really useless outside of her knighthood, being chased around by Valefor even with all of the simplest of creatures like frogs. But the real question of Valefor being sustenant living a comfortable life with Zagan. she'll never rid herself of the past, and even if she wanted Chastille to come after her, she couldn't exactly force her, and instead, leaves on her own without notice.

Where could Valefor have headed?
@KANLen09 Valefor went to do the grave digger's job. Guess who will help the young female dragon?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 23, 7:45 PM

Oct 2022
W fatherhood on Zagan.. my bro don't hold back on the advices.

May 23, 8:26 PM

Nov 2022
Having seen Sir Raphael's character several times. And especially some of the things he has said, I'm betting that he is from the "Reconciliation faction".
May 23, 8:42 PM

Sep 2018
Series is bringing on a harem though I doubt it will go that direction completely. I could be wrong though. Pretty wholesome moments with Zagan's friend too.
May 23, 9:25 PM

Oct 2022
I think Raphael is a good dude, he also doesn't seem to hate all Sorcerers if he was able to have a conversation with Zagan, he definitely gives off the vibe of someone being very reasonable, despite how fucking buff/tall and intimidating he is, I can think of Raphael like a grandfather or father figure to Chastille. Next week's episode, time to stop their daughter from getting killed by... probably anyone that isn't Raphael
UndefeatedBahamut
May 23, 9:53 PM

Dec 2022
I wonder if there's some human out there that had their parents killed by a dragon? If so, would For think it's alright for them to go around killing all dragons as revenge?

I know she's just a kid blinded by revenge but it's still a mindset I'd never agree with, blaming a whole group for what a few or even one of them has done is just stupid and it removes your "justification" for revenge because for every "innocent" you hurt/kill, they'd have the same "right" to take revenge on anyone and everyone from your "group".

I'm fine with taking revenge on the guilty though, as long as you don't deliberatly (or due to negligence/simply don't care if you) hurt innocent.
May 23, 11:45 PM

Jun 2019
lazypanda666 said:
I wonder if there's some human out there that had their parents killed by a dragon? If so, would For think it's alright for them to go around killing all dragons as revenge?

While I mostly agree with your post that blind reflexive tribalism of attacking everyone from the same group who wronged you is a primitive mentality which too many people/creatures have, in anime and in the real world, and that it wouldn't accomplish anything positive or worthwhile (as Zagan pointed out in this episode, the original individual who actually committed the offense you're seeking revenge for wouldn't even care), it is a bit different still than blindly attacking all humans purely on the basis of species.

Obviously Nephy is an elf and not a human and I don't know or fully understand the lore of the world yet, or if it has been explained in any way at any point that I missed or if it will be in the future, so I don't know if sorcerers like Zagan and Barbatos are also considered human or like their separate own thing (but I'd assume so - or at least, closer than Nephy and For), so For's openness toward them might not tell us much. But she doesn't show any interest or intent in attacking random humans that we've seen.

Rather than general humans, it seems more directed toward the members of a specific military, political, or religious organization (or all of the above), which at least to me seems more logical and understandable. You might believe all the members of such an entity share the same ideology and goals, which can't be said of someone/something just for being born into a species which they have no control over.

May 23, 11:57 PM

Oct 2022
Nice episode I really enjoyed it

It seems like both Raphael & Zagan were going based off of the rumors that they've heard about each other lol, Raph even seemed a bit wide eyed when the dragon slaying was mentioned. I get the impression that we may be slightly misunderstanding him b/c of said rumors tbh.

May 24, 1:20 AM

Nov 2022
You know you have questionable parenting methods when a piece of shit like Barbatos is concerned about it. Love Barbatos btw.
May 24, 1:49 AM
May 2024
for is so cute writing in her diary
May 24, 2:02 AM

Jun 2023
Barbatos cockblocking yet again

sad times
May 24, 2:09 AM

Oct 2022
It's nice to see the relationship getting better between Barbatos and Zagan, Barbatos has changed in many good ways.
May 24, 2:34 AM

Dec 2022
Zagan approving all of For's bad habits lol.

Everyone watching the pranks go on and Barbatos casually joining in on the fun was hilarious.
May 24, 10:12 AM

Dec 2021
It's funny how For bullied Chastille, and I'm glad she still keeps her diary updated with her spy work.

But the best part was Zagan giving revenge advice. Great dad move, lol.

May 24, 10:24 AM
Jan 2024
Very good chapter how they rescue the bearer of the sacred sword and she becomes an Employee xd
May 24, 11:25 AM
Apr 2022
Barbatos is cool, but the best part of the episode was explanation For what revenge is.

As for For and her father, it's probably more complicated matter because we see that this Holy Sword is not happy with this nickname.
May 24, 4:39 PM

Dec 2020
Just look at my man keepin' his composure umu just like an archdemon. They've started to give insights of the character complexity of Raphael. Tho I don't think it'd be that much.
Chastille joins the Zagan family uwu. For ran away or somethin' else but that saddens me:( she was such a cutie^^

Eagerly waiting for that misunderstanding in the bath becoming reality
May 24, 4:46 PM

Dec 2020
Reply to Phantom_373

@Phantom_373 true ngl

Phantom_373 said:
Aww soo cute. Tho for Chastille being the elder cousin(Barbatos's daughter) would be more matching
GeoXsf9May 24, 4:52 PM
May 24, 5:11 PM

Oct 2022
Zagan's bout to traumatize For with torture knowledge, that it even scared Barbatos out of his wits, lmao. That said, I'm really interested on reading For's diary, I get a feeling it would be bound with hilarious logs. And Chastille's imagination is truly running wild, lol.
May 24, 5:14 PM

Dec 2022
Chastille is surprisingly feminine and cute.
At this point I think it's pretty obvious Raphael didn't kill For's father.

May 24, 5:36 PM

Sep 2023
Chastille sure wants a harem ending! Who wants to bet that Raphael was just checking For's father's corpse and did not actually kill him?
May 24, 5:51 PM

Oct 2022
Raphael seems like he will kill if he has a reason (for example as he said keeping a fire from becoming an inferno I assume he meant bad sorcerers getting too powerful/causing too much trouble) but he also seems like a battle hardened older guy who has seen the fucked up shit that comes from fighting and really wants to solve it reasonably if possible.
May 24, 6:52 PM
Apr 2024
Another solid episode.
May 25, 4:39 PM

Aug 2012
Man I really hope this show get's a second season - I just really enjoy it. I did not expect this
May 25, 5:05 PM

Aug 2012
Reply to Pustul
Chastille sure wants a harem ending! Who wants to bet that Raphael was just checking For's father's corpse and did not actually kill him?
@Pustul How so...? Harem ending...?I don't think so at all. She literally said "I want both Zagan and Nephy to find happiness. I think I want to be part of the happiness they seem bound for" She literally denied the harem in 2 seconds, if anything, she wants to help Nephy and him end up together, lol
May 25, 5:22 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to xXTensaZenXx
@Pustul How so...? Harem ending...?I don't think so at all. She literally said "I want both Zagan and Nephy to find happiness. I think I want to be part of the happiness they seem bound for" She literally denied the harem in 2 seconds, if anything, she wants to help Nephy and him end up together, lol
xXTensaZenXx said:
She literally said "I want both Zagan and Nephy to find happiness. I think I want to be part of the happiness they seem bound for"

Sure she wants Nephy and Zagan to be together and to be happy but she wants to be part of it too... How do you call it when a MC shares his happiness with multiple partners?
May 25, 9:12 PM

Dec 2022
I bet Dragon Slayer knight dude didn't even kill Valefor's parents. He was probably just checking the aftermath. But time will tell if I'm right. He just seems too chill for that sort of thing is all I'm saying.
May 27, 11:44 AM
Apr 2024
the anime going very well, i loved it
May 29, 9:18 AM
Sep 2021
For wants revenge for her father's death & seemingly it's Raphael who did that. Let's find it out.
Jun 6, 12:57 PM

Oct 2017
For harrassing Chastille lol. Hope they'll be in good terms. The knight seems like a good guy.
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

May 2015
Chastille's holy knight training clearly didn't come with a wildlife tolerance course! On the other hand Valefor's grudge is completely understandable, and yet Zagan has quite the interesting way of redirecting her anger!

Jun 11, 2:01 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to GeoXsf9
@Phantom_373 true ngl

Phantom_373 said:
Aww soo cute. Tho for Chastille being the elder cousin(Barbatos's daughter) would be more matching
GeoXsf9 said:
Tho for Chastille being the elder cousin(Barbatos's daughter) would be more matching

Disagree lol. Minor spoiler.

helmy47Jun 11, 2:08 AM
Jun 11, 11:38 AM

Dec 2020
Bruhh totally unexpected. I mean the romcom was unexpected
Jun 16, 5:01 PM

Jan 2022
I thought Barbatos and Zagan were sitting at the bar not off to the side?

Damn why tf did Barbatos have to interrupt the damn kiss?

Nephy really needs an outfit change since Chastille is wearing the same exact thing.

Damn For is kinda evil with her frogs.

Nephy casually talking about how her and Zagan take showers together, but it was unfortunately a misunderstanding. Nephy's boobs are way too big for her tiny build, weird observation tho.
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 27, 2:02 PM

Mar 2013
Cute bullying with deep drama, sasuga japan
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 13

99 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 6

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 30

44 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 16

54 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 25, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 9

71 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 25, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.