3It was OK
6.5%
2Disliked it
2.1%
1Hated it
1.8%
Average 4.5
12,329 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2022 4:42 AM

Oct 2017
Well after the death flag they set at the end of episode 4 and how things went since then this outcome was obvious but I'm salty af that David died. I really hoped to see David and Lucy together at the end.
MegamiRemSep 13, 2022 8:29 AM
Sep 13, 2022 5:27 AM
Jul 2018
I knew it was coming man.... i KNEW it was coming and it didnt hurt any less.
I had at least hoped maybe rebecca would make it out alive, but only lucy lives on to tell the tale of david.
Sep 13, 2022 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
His death was inevitable, the point is that getting big in Night City, to become "a legend" is a stupid lie. David was kicked by the system, by everything and everyone and practically killed himself by going over the edge. A lot of the deaths feel pointless, because the city's locked in a spiral of violence and abuse and the people themselves aren't able to break it.
It's following the setting's themes to the letter.

I'm salty too (basically all of the girls are waifus in this show lmao) but it's fitting
Tomboy Mommy GF and other amenities
Sep 13, 2022 5:58 AM

Jun 2019
And, here I was thinking that maybe they can stay together but nope we were here for the pain train. That was such a good journey. I had a lot of fun with this show even tho it was just 10 episodes. It did everything it needed to for me personally. He protected Lucy but not everyone. RIP David. You were a great character as well. I knew it was coming from the start but somewhere deep inside, I had hope that it can go right but nope. I was sad to see Lucy being there on the moon alone all by herself.

RIP to all the members of Cyberpunk EdgeRunners. You were all nice. I had a lot of fun with these characters are this show. Thanks, Trigger, CD Projekt Red and all the staff members involved with this show.
Sep 13, 2022 6:08 AM

Jan 2018
Great anime, from the start it was set, that Lucy will survive (like every other waifu). Just was sad to see Lucy being there on the moon alone all by herself, and when his illusion pops out, that was really emotional scene.

For me first season definitely 9/10.
Sep 13, 2022 6:31 AM
Jan 2019
Thanks Trigger, I can always rely on you to make me feel miserable, can’t I?
Sep 13, 2022 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
Finished all the episodes in one sitting, unexpectedly a good show. real sad best girl rebecca died.
Sep 13, 2022 7:22 AM
Jun 2021
As soon as I saw Adam Smasher, instantly knew David was dead. The death flag from episode 4 was a giveaway regardless, as well as a drink you can get at Afterlife titled ‘David Martinez’. If that didn’t hint his imminent death, I don’t know what did.

Though can’t deny I am lowkey salty Lucy and David never got their ‘happy’ ending, but it’s Cyberpunk. Night City. There’s not really ‘happy’ ending in the game either, no matter what route you choose, your character is fucked one way or another.
Tunnel_RatSep 13, 2022 7:44 AM
Sep 13, 2022 7:28 AM
Jul 2022
I understand people being upset David died. After all, who wouldn't want a happy David and Lucy ending. But this is Cyberpunk. This is Night City. There are no happy endings in Night City. It's a shithole. Rebecca dying the way she did is peak a peak Night City moment. People just die, and for no good reason.

Hell, even the game doesn't really have a happy ending. All routes are rather bleak.
Sep 13, 2022 7:51 AM
Feb 2021
Amazing ending!!
Sep 13, 2022 8:20 AM

Aug 2021
The end was very predictable, I saw it coming from a mile away. I quess this was just a "stand-alone" serie without plans for a second season.

But the thing is, you don't really see Adam Smasher killing David. Soon when he pulls the trigger, the screen goes red. You don't see David being hit nor being killed. I assume that he is being killed but that you don't see any aftermath wonders me if Arasaka didn't let him live. He lost his lower body, but the rest seems kinda intact.

Rebecca on the other hand looks very mutilated to a point where she can't be fixed. Her chest is open and she lost part of her head.

In short, I can say that Rebecca is killed but about David, I doubt. I kinda wish that Rebecca survived though.
"Most people talk about killing time while time is killing them. You can outrun everything but you'll never outrun the hands of time. Use it wisely before you expire". - Toonen1988

"Cyberpunk show us the dark side, reveiling the dangerous side effects of the drug of futurism." - Indigo Gaming
Sep 13, 2022 8:32 AM
Mar 2020
I knew they had to give a sad ending but the way they killed off the other crew members is still bitter imo. Damn im still salty about becca's death lol
Sep 13, 2022 9:28 AM

Aug 2021
Csource said:
I knew they had to give a sad ending but the way they killed off the other crew members is still bitter imo. Damn im still salty about becca's death lol

Yes, I couldn't agree more. It feels a bit bitter how they killed Rebecca. David was predictable but i'm not sure if he is really death or not. See my statement above. But I don't really feel bad about him maybe because I don't have any confirmation if he is really death or not. But I feel more bad about Rebecca, that she died. Lucy did survived, but she has mentally issue's but she is a very strong character. I felt that she had the most emotions in the entire serie. Not only do I feel bad about Rebecca, I also feel bad that we don't see more of Lucy. She was for me the strongest character in the serie.
Toonen1988Sep 13, 2022 9:35 AM
"Most people talk about killing time while time is killing them. You can outrun everything but you'll never outrun the hands of time. Use it wisely before you expire". - Toonen1988

"Cyberpunk show us the dark side, reveiling the dangerous side effects of the drug of futurism." - Indigo Gaming
Sep 13, 2022 9:38 AM
Oct 2015
I loved the anime, amazing
Sep 13, 2022 9:41 AM
Jul 2010
Not going to lie I went in with the mentality that it was going to be ass. Hoo boy was I wrong. I guess even netflix can do an amazing job once in a blue moon.
Sep 13, 2022 9:43 AM
Dec 2021
Very emotional emotional episode. It was a great ride all the way.
Sep 13, 2022 9:44 AM
Jan 2021
David dying was pretty obvious but they did Rebecca dirty.

It felt like a rush story for 10 eps, more eps with things fleshed out would've been better.

Music 10/10. Overall 7+/10.
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune
Sep 13, 2022 9:50 AM

Oct 2009
It was inevitable. I was lowkey spoiled when I played the 1.6 update for Cyberpunk2077 lol
It was an amazing ONA for me, but saying that as a Cyberpunk2077 fan since 2020. A lot of details they've put in the game, even the Sandevistan animation was pretty cool.

Toonen1988 said:
Csource said:

Yes, I couldn't agree more. It feels a bit bitter how they killed Rebecca. David was predictable but i'm not sure if he is really death or not. See my statement above. But I don't really feel bad about him maybe because I don't have any confirmation if he is really death or not. But I feel more bad about Rebecca, that she died. Lucy did survived, but she has mentally issue's but she is a very strong character. I felt that she had the most emotions in the entire serie. Not only do I feel bad about Rebecca, I also feel bad that we don't see more of Lucy. She was for me the strongest character in the serie.

David went out in a blaze of glory, as he also has a drink in The Afterlife. His jacket is also an item you can wear in the game :)
Sep 13, 2022 10:14 AM

Aug 2021
HRinka said:

David went out in a blaze of glory, as he also has a drink in The Afterlife. His jacket is also an item you can wear in the game :)

I haven't played the game much. The game had many performances issues on release. Couldn't get a stable FPS. It runs better now after many patches. But I've decided last week that I want to wait a little bit longer or when I have a new GPU.

So I still miss all these details. I did found Rebecca's weapon though, I saw it in a video and wanted to check it out. Her weapon has now more meaning after she died. I haven't seen David jacket yet.
Toonen1988Sep 13, 2022 10:18 AM

Sep 13, 2022 11:48 AM

Feb 2009
YumYumBeans said:
There are no happy endings in Night City.

My thoughts exactly after watching the episode. As many have stated I too was sad Lucy and David didn't get a happy ending but I guess they got it as good as one could in Night City.
Overall superb show, great soundtrack as expected from something attached to this franchise, 9/10 from me.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Sep 13, 2022 12:27 PM
Nov 2017

V:"I dunno... a happier ending... for everyone involved."

Johnny: "Here, for folks like us? Wrong city, wrong people."

Already expect it to go that way, but man you really grow attached to david's crew, and both MC and FMC being likable didn't help at all.
MrMuunsterSep 13, 2022 12:30 PM
Sep 13, 2022 12:38 PM
Nov 2021
Deadr0x said:
Thanks Trigger, I can always rely on you to make me feel miserable, can’t I?

leave it to trigger to make you tear up
Sep 13, 2022 12:45 PM
Nov 2021
knew David was doomed to die since the trailers but man, this hit really hard and the music is top notch.
Becca didn't deserve a death like that but its kind of fitting for night city, seeing Lucy on the moon alone made me she'd a tear which no other anime has (probably not watching the right stuff).
this hit all the right boxes for me, trigger did a fantastic job on this probably my favorite show now!
Sep 13, 2022 1:30 PM

Feb 2008
Honestly, this had me crying a lot more than I expected, more than any other anime, show, game, or movie I have seen. I knew it was coming but man, it was hard to watch without the tears rolling down my face. Course the music definitely sets the mood for that too, and that is one area I always had to give credit to CDPR for, the music in the series is top notch and very memorable. It has that thing where when you hear it, it makes you want to play the game again.

Also, why kill best girl Rebecca? Dang it! XD, I have a whole new reason to want to kill Adam Smasher in the game now.

With all that said, David is a much better character than V, in my opinion. And watching this, I do kind of wish the game was more similar to this anime, where you get to run with a crew as fun as these characters before things go sour. The game often just feels like things go sour right away, and then you are just fighting against it all the way till your dead. It almost feels pointless to make connections during that point in the game because you are dying, but it's also the only real point in the game where you can make those connections.

But I suppose I shouldn't rant about the game here. The anime was awesome, and I have to say I am going to give it a 10/10.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Sep 13, 2022 1:42 PM

Nov 2015
This was a pretty good hentai. 😊
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 13, 2022 2:14 PM
Jul 2021
Bruv who watch this show in german, its so cringe at some parts 🤣 but i like
TaMaGo_TTVSep 13, 2022 3:24 PM
Sep 13, 2022 2:41 PM
Mar 2021
this show was amazing glad to see more night city story the shows only problem was there wasn't enough of it 9/10 overall
Sep 13, 2022 2:45 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
Excuse me but how can I rate it 2077/10? Shit, they screwed up with the game but anime was... No words. Sad af tho but I enjoyed those 3-4 hours to the fullest
Sep 13, 2022 3:34 PM

Jan 2009
sad ending since only Falco and Lucy survives

David is beyond saving anyway he is going crazy or CyberPsycho in the end

that Adam Smasher guy is something else

this reminds me of Akudama Drive anime too that is also a CyberPunk genre
Sep 13, 2022 4:01 PM
Jan 2012
Not gonna lie, I kinda disliked how it ended and i really feel like i'm the only one here, lol. Everything was way too fast, way too sudden. David dying was a given, but not like this. Same fore Rebecca. I get that if you live like a cyberpunk you'll die like a cyberpunk, its in the DNA of Pondsmith's universe but everything felt kinda rushed, unatural to me. Overall i felt the pacing was ruining the show and made it hard for me to like, understand and relate to most of the characters (still liked Lucy, who is the character that gets the most exposition and Rebecca, but like a funny mascot). Plus, edgerunner doesnt really elevate anything. The whole anime felt more like an incomplete sample of some cyberpunks f-up lives than a real story. Still the actions scene were top notch (except the car chase in the last ep), the cyberpunk2077 ost magnificent and character design great and really fitting (but all of that is basic Trigger shit, most based studio in the industry).
KanadanakaSep 13, 2022 4:05 PM
Sep 13, 2022 4:07 PM

Jul 2017
Finished this show just now, and I'm glad it's over. I wasn't trying to keep my expectations high since Trigger's disappointed me for the past few years but knowing that Imaishi was directing this, I did have a hint of optimism. But overall, this show was too rushed, so chaotic and messy to the point of just being fully bored of it so quickly, and having that only get worse and worse till the final episode. This is one of the worst shows of the year for me, a show that oozed style early on but with how tired I was of the story, characters and pacing of this show, the less I could give a shit about the visuals side of things (and even that wasn't as great as I was hoping for). Even the music while having its good moments, were a mess in other moments and how it was used with scenes in an obnoxious fashion. Not a single character I found to be likable or interesting either, not like the pacing did justice to the characters unlike some other Trigger/Gainax series in the past like a Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia, Gurren Lagann, etc. Best things about the show was the ending song/visuals and the opening being done by Franz Ferdinand. That was nice. The rest of this show I would probably forget about in a day or two and move on. The show might look good but the action scenes didn't really capture my interest either, was expecting way more on that front but left underwhelmed in the end.

This show and Darling in the FranXX are probably my lowest rated Trigger works together. Such a shame but there weren't many moments where I felt optimistic or positive about the show while watching it, and the final few episodes and the ending did nothing to change my opinion there. Haven't played the game myself by the way so I don't know if that would play some kind of part in this, but this was just a lame show overall. Kind of a depressing day watching this show, right after the Spurs loss to Sporting and a hectic day of uni lol. Would even say this show is one of the weakest shows of the year given how there isn't many redeemable elements to it considering some level of expectations there, even if I was trying to not go too high with it.
Sep 13, 2022 4:07 PM
Aug 2020
Good conclusion and good fight
Sep 13, 2022 4:16 PM
Jan 2012
animejas said:
Finished this show just now, and I'm glad it's over. I wasn't trying to keep my expectations high since Trigger's disappointed me for the past few years but knowing that Imaishi was directing this, I did have a hint of optimism. But overall, this show was too rushed, so chaotic and messy to the point of just being fully bored of it so quickly, and having that only get worse and worse till the final episode. This is one of the worst shows of the year for me, a show that oozed style early on but with how tired I was of the story, characters and pacing of this show, the less I could give a shit about the visuals side of things (and even that wasn't as great as I was hoping for). Even the music while having its good moments, were a mess in other moments and how it was used with scenes in an obnoxious fashion. Not a single character I found to be likable or interesting either, not like the pacing did justice to the characters unlike some other Trigger/Gainax series in the past like a Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia, Gurren Lagann, etc. Best things about the show was the ending song/visuals and the opening being done by Franz Ferdinand. That was nice. The rest of this show I would probably forget about in a day or two and move on. The show might look good but the action scenes didn't really capture my interest either, was expecting way more on that front but left underwhelmed in the end.

This show and Darling in the FranXX are probably my lowest rated Trigger works together. Such a shame but there weren't many moments where I felt optimistic or positive about the show while watching it, and the final few episodes and the ending did nothing to change my opinion there. Haven't played the game myself by the way so I don't know if that would play some kind of part in this, but this was just a lame show overall. Kind of a depressing day watching this show, right after the Spurs loss to Sporting and a hectic day of uni lol. Would even say this show is one of the weakest shows of the year given how there isn't many redeemable elements to it considering some level of expectations there, even if I was trying to not go too high with it.

While i'm really not as disappointed as you and i dont agree with everything you wrote (i still kinda enjoyed the show) i can see myself feeling the same way you do. Having a chaotic and ruthless universe does not mean its ok to have an anime this chaotic and ill paced with character that have so little to show and be loveable.
Sep 13, 2022 4:26 PM
Mar 2021
one of the best ending in anime.
Sep 13, 2022 4:43 PM
Jan 2017
such a good representation of night city.

Would you rather live in peace as Mr. Nobody... or go down for all times in a blaze of glory?
Sep 13, 2022 4:53 PM

Jan 2019
animejas said:

I'm mad because i agree every one of your words.

This is currently by the far most overrated anime of the year.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Sep 13, 2022 5:10 PM
May 2016
Didn't really expect a ton from this because it'd been years since they announced it, but this was a treat from start to finish. Hilarious to see the bandwagoning from obvious trolls fail to detract from the fact this'll probably be one of the sleeper hits of the year. A solid self-contained story with a great ending. The animation was great, the art in general was too. OST was top notch and really elevated a lot of scenes and the direction was on point, it's very refreshing having a show that's not ashamed at all about depicting a cyberpunk dystopia in all its brutal and degenerate ugly glory. Solid stuff.
Sep 13, 2022 5:21 PM
Mar 2018
what a fantastic show definitely my anime of the year so far, and by far my favorite thing trigger has done
Sep 13, 2022 5:47 PM
Jan 2012
Its either a 1/10 or a 10/10 for y'all, i see. 8D
Sep 13, 2022 5:59 PM
May 2016
Kanadanaka said:

It's just 1 troll and several vote bots, ignore him.
Sep 13, 2022 6:02 PM
Jan 2012
Modernoir said:
Kanadanaka said:

I was thinking about the ones that praise the show like its the second coming of cyber-jesus too, lol.
Sep 13, 2022 6:37 PM
May 2016
Kanadanaka said:
Modernoir said:

I was thinking about the ones that praise the show like its the second coming of cyber-jesus too, lol.

Have you seen it yourself? It's a solid show that was clearly made with a lot of love, I think the praise is pretty well-earned. A solid consistent story with a great end is hard to come by these days.
Sep 13, 2022 6:42 PM
Feb 2021
I felt like this anime went downhill after the time skip. Lucy got hung up over some shit I don't think she's ever really explained, and I still don't get why after watching his team leader die and kill his lover due to cyberpsychosis or whatever, David still thinks it's a good idea to get more of those implants. David then thinks he can go into an entire goddamn mech after already showing symptoms. Has he not seen what happens to those who go crazy? Has he not lost 3 friends due to it?

Not to mention, him getting hung up over killing a civilian, as if he has never killed anyone before. HE was a civilian who turned towards whatever ganglife had for him, how does he know he hasn't kill someone just like him. Or someone like her mother, who turned to illicit ways of making money. And yet NOW he starts thinking about that? He never really got past that ever, it sorta just isn't mentioned again after a while.
Sep 13, 2022 7:04 PM
Dec 2018
MarchinBunny said:
Honestly, this had me crying a lot more than I expected, more than any other anime, show, game, or movie I have seen. I knew it was coming but man, it was hard to watch without the tears rolling down my face. Course the music definitely sets the mood for that too, and that is one area I always had to give credit to CDPR for, the music in the series is top notch and very memorable. It has that thing where when you hear it, it makes you want to play the game again.

Also, why kill best girl Rebecca? Dang it! XD, I have a whole new reason to want to kill Adam Smasher in the game now.

With all that said, David is a much better character than V, in my opinion. And watching this, I do kind of wish the game was more similar to this anime, where you get to run with a crew as fun as these characters before things go sour. The game often just feels like things go sour right away, and then you are just fighting against it all the way till your dead. It almost feels pointless to make connections during that point in the game because you are dying, but it's also the only real point in the game where you can make those connections.

But I suppose I shouldn't rant about the game here. The anime was awesome, and I have to say I am going to give it a 10/10.
Don't forget Rebecca Weapon and give those Adam Fucker final shot of dead with her gun for payback
Sep 13, 2022 7:24 PM
Jan 2012
Modernoir said:
Kanadanaka said:

Have you seen it yourself? It's a solid show that was clearly made with a lot of love, I think the praise is pretty well-earned. A solid consistent story with a great end is hard to come by these days.

Of course i've seen it. If not, i wouldn't be here. If you think its that great, i'm happy for you.
Sep 13, 2022 7:28 PM
Aug 2020
Overall somber but amazing finale with of course extremely colorful hyper-violent action, a great finish to an amazing show
Sep 13, 2022 7:45 PM
Sep 2020
YumYumBeans said:
I understand people being upset David died. After all, who wouldn't want a happy David and Lucy ending. But this is Cyberpunk. This is Night City. There are no happy endings in Night City. It's a shithole. Rebecca dying the way she did is peak a peak Night City moment. People just die, and for no good reason.

Hell, even the game doesn't really have a happy ending. All routes are rather bleak.

the hardest true that we cyberpunk fans have to admit.
Sep 13, 2022 8:07 PM
Jul 2022
really really good
Sep 13, 2022 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
Okeanix said:
animejas said:

I'm mad because i agree every one of your words.

This is currently by the far most overrated anime of the year.

"i dont like it like everyone else, overrated"
Sep 13, 2022 9:01 PM

May 2016
it was ok I guess. I cringed when the loli type girl said "boomers".
2077 and people still say boomer and simp? sure.
Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» "Cyberpunk 2077" creator CDPR revealed that they are planning more Animation Projects set in the Cyberpunk universe!

deg - Aug 29

33 by Old_School_Akira »»
2 hours ago

» Why is this allowed on MAL while Studio Deen's Rick and Morty anime is not? ( 1 2 )

EndlessMaria - Sep 14, 2022

95 by HaipaRemon »»
Yesterday, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

erniii - Sep 12, 2022

227 by theweeb78 »»
Sep 5, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

97 by NillyPC »»
Aug 19, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

96 by NillyPC »»
Aug 19, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.