3It was OK
14.5%
2Disliked it
6.2%
1Hated it
9.4%
Average 3.9
339 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I hated that.

And there's a second season/continuation confirmed as well.

The suffering never ends.
Mar 25, 2015 9:43 AM
Dec 2011
Asspull of the year and they still have balls to announce s2.

Let's see how Japan TTKs going to spam 1 star in amazon japan review.
Mar 25, 2015 9:53 AM

Aug 2012
Probably the worst show for this season, and an appropriate candidate for the worst show of the year.

And they dare to announce a season two? Nonsense.
Mar 25, 2015 9:58 AM

Apr 2010
How the hell did garbage like this get another season when some good series don't even have one?!
Mar 25, 2015 10:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This series isn't even that bad lol.....Still this show getting another season shocked me
Mar 25, 2015 10:03 AM

Apr 2009
antonnn said:
How the hell did garbage like this get another season when some good series don't even have one?!
Tokoya said:
This series isn't even that bad lol.....Still this show getting another season shocked me
eeveelugia said:
Probably the worst show for this season, and an appropriate candidate for the worst show of the year.

And they dare to announce a season two? Nonsense.

You know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r5byXcQMGg
Mar 25, 2015 10:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lol I should have known....Damn Moe freaks xD

Depending on how I like the finale I'll either give this a 6 or 7
Mar 25, 2015 10:30 AM

Jun 2010
So many butthurt people here, watching a show they don't even like. lol...
Mar 25, 2015 10:35 AM

Apr 2009
Jatts said:

I kept watching in the hopes it would get better. I quite like Kancolle.
Mar 25, 2015 10:41 AM

Nov 2011
It doesn't actually specify season 2. Well it's more of a continuation so it could also be a movie. A season 2 is likely though.
Mar 25, 2015 10:48 AM
Dec 2011
Taihou is cuter in anime.

This show is fanservice for fans of game why butthurt about show really..nobody excepted something awesome from this anime.
Mar 25, 2015 10:51 AM

Apr 2011
OMG! Butthurts everywhere!

I was hoping it'll be better, but this was okay. I really love Ooi coming to rescue Kitakami. Kicking that abyssal and throwing it to the air was badass.

I'm also glad that Yamato getting action as well as Nagato and Mutsu. Taihou getting the shortest appearance. Kitakami and Akagi survived thanks to Fubuki.

Well, it was a fun ride. I have never played the game (and not planning to) but I sure enjoyed the anime.

Hopefully, the sequel announcement is a tv series.

7/10
Mar 25, 2015 11:16 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty good fanservice for the people who play the game. I relly enjoyed it.
Hopefully the second season has a different MC and writer (and a lot more Zuihou).
As a fan 7/10.
-Bakemono-Mar 25, 2015 11:20 AM

Mar 25, 2015 11:17 AM

Mar 2012
Fuck you Diomedea!
Fuck you Script Writer and Director.

Sazanami hasn`t made an appearance in this anime and it`s making me sad ;_;

2/10

This is Fanfiction, not Kancolle.

*sobs*
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 25, 2015 11:26 AM

Jun 2011
Now I can official say:

Kisaragi died in vain.
Kisaragi died in vain.
Kisaragi died in vain.

It's very disappointing so I have to say it 3 times.
Mar 25, 2015 11:37 AM
Jul 2014
Jatts said:

Maybe because its anime and people watch anime regardless. Also maybe if you didn't have shit taste, you would be mad too. KanColle has a piss more narrative that did not stay consistent whatsoever. For the majority of the series, it didn't even know what it wanted to be.
Mar 25, 2015 11:37 AM
Dec 2011
It was very anti-climatic =/ When the Abyssals started talking I was hoping we were gonna get something unpredictable, but...
Why was Fubuki so necessary in the MI OP to begin with?She didn't even use her AA thing, she simply said she felt the third carrier was the last one.

Disappointing series, especially after how the first 3 episodes were kinda promising IMO. Disappointing, because fanworks have much much more depth than this, the official anime is nothing but a huge potential wasted,relying purely on the game's success.

Still, I'm happy to hear about a sequel, because I can still hope that it will be better.
Mar 25, 2015 11:38 AM
Jul 2014
Shih said:
Now I can official say:

Kisaragi died in vain.
Kisaragi died in vain.
Kisaragi died in vain.

It's very disappointing so I have to say it 3 times.

Basically. That pisses me off how they just killled off Kisaragi and went around doing other bullcrap that only made the narrative worse.
Mar 25, 2015 12:03 PM

Nov 2011
Legendzerox said:
Jatts said:

Maybe because its anime and people watch anime regardless. Also maybe if you didn't have shit taste, you would be mad too. KanColle has a piss more narrative that did not stay consistent whatsoever. For the majority of the series, it didn't even know what it wanted to be.

So its OK for you to be ranting how hateful a series is?
Even if it did has a piss poor plot, its an anime for the shits and giggles
Im sure people would save themselves the headache if they just dropped anime like this.
There are better animes with real plot that you guys can criticize on.
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 25, 2015 12:19 PM
Sep 2014
Jatts said:
Please someone help me figure out his favorites^
I'm just trying to understand
I couldn't achieve a taste this bad even if I tried

LucasRTSMar 25, 2015 1:00 PM
Mar 25, 2015 12:28 PM

Oct 2008
eeveelugia said:

Nah son,Aldnoah S2 already has that position locked tight.
Mar 25, 2015 12:36 PM

Sep 2011
amateur said:
eeveelugia said:

Nah son,Aldnoah S2 already has that position locked tight.
Not even. Even Aldnoah S2 is better than this trash. I at least can watch through Aldnoah unlike this show.
Mar 25, 2015 12:40 PM

May 2009
Despite some little action until this episode, I enjoyed it and will look forward to the sequel, we do need to see some Bismarck action after all. I think second season is the reason Kancolle Vita got delayed. ):
Mar 25, 2015 12:43 PM

Dec 2007
Well last two episodes kinda saved it from being a total disaster for me, but still too much Fubuki. That implication of Kisaragi being Midway Hime is just "No, just no..." case for me, no way can a destroyer turn into a boss that gave a lot of people pain. >_>"
Mar 25, 2015 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
Coudln't even find the episode with subs anywhere, but by the sounds of it there was the asspull that I predicted.

It really pisses me off that trash like this gets a second season while good shows only get one.

5/10. Worst show of the season by far.
Mar 25, 2015 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
Thoughts for the Final Episode:

Man I'm quite disappointed in this show. I'm some expecting a fleet girl would sink but Oh well, Maybe they can't afford to lose another character.
(Even if it's too many they didn't took the risk of killing off another character beside Kisiragi.)
Anyway they had all survived (excluding Kisiragi) that planned strategy by Admiral so it just fine for me. And damn it who's that "Admiral" anyway?
The battles was between the "Fleet Girls" and "Abyssals" I think was just fine for me along with the whole story.
So I'm giving this a 6 (or 7 if I feel like it) score over all. And was the sequel was really set at 2016? (It's not like I'm waiting for it)
RayzerMar 29, 2015 5:12 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 25, 2015 1:30 PM

Jul 2010
It wasn't a bad ending and girls didn't sink.
Even it was predictable as well, I got my ''Burning Love'' so I don't want to say it's bad.

7/10
Mar 25, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2012
This show has been one of the most over-hyped, predictable and bland products I've ever watched. Paper-thin plot, cardboard cut-out characters, and dialogue that made me cringe. The game at least has the possibility of losing any of your girls which brings a weird quasi-darkness to it, but all this had was predictable battles with hilariously bad CG effects, and SoL in-betweens with some of the most forced moe I've ever seen. I know it's fucking designed to milk the fanbase but sorry, knowing that DOES NOT excuse this show from being a bland, cliche' fucking mess... and it deserves to be called out for its problems. They could have really added in some meaningful drama if the girls had to cope with the fact that they couldn't escape the fates of their past namesakes... but no, a major ass was pulled and Fubuki saved the day with friendship... This show had promise in the beginning to not just be another cliche' moe wank machine, but that is exactly what it turned into. It saddens me greatly to know that this kind of crap gets a second season, wheras other more thought provoking shows, and even better moe shows fall to the wayside. I guess that's the anime world we live in...
luigi-dudeMar 25, 2015 1:46 PM
Mar 25, 2015 2:35 PM

Sep 2014
I'm glad they didn't copy history and sink the girls ^_^ no reason doing that tbh.
Dem screams though AAGHHHH RiP my ears.

I feel like all that focus on Fubuki was pretty much wasted, you'd expect she'd do a lot more in the final episode after all that happened.

I wonder why they showed Kisaragi's hairpin...does it mean sunken ships become abyssals? I do feel that her death was kinda pointless also.
Hope next season will be better and won't focus on just 1 ship or at least make it worth.

I'd prolly give it a 6 but animation was pretty nice so 7 be it.
nerfxMar 26, 2015 2:35 AM
Mar 25, 2015 2:40 PM

Jul 2014
So much salt here.

Loved the episode, 10/10 and hyped for the continuation.
Mar 25, 2015 2:50 PM
Aug 2009
HAHAHA gotta love all the hate, I mean seriously, why was anyone expecting some epic moment anyway? This show has consistently proven itself to be a cliche atop a cliche.
Either way I could care less about the ending so long as the battleships survived (and they did) so its good enough for me I said as much last week and they "delivered" so I'm satisfied.
But that possibility that Kisaragi was either the Midway-hime or one of the abyssals is wrong... Kisaragi quite literally served no purpose... they should really learn from Madoka on how to use a heroine death...
Mar 25, 2015 3:58 PM

Oct 2010
Honestly, whatever. I'm just glad I got to see Airfield and Midway Princesses, despite that asspull of a last battle. That was all I was looking for really. Maybe throw in Battleship Princess and AC Water Oni in S2.
Mar 25, 2015 4:15 PM

Dec 2014
This anime fails hard for one reason; the people who is in charge doesn't give a damn for the audience. First we were told that it was gonna be SoL for the most part, then a character died pitifully (I see where did you get this idea) but the follow-up was done so horribly we still had the SoL bits being the dominant while mourning a character's dead in the background like it's nothing. Then it's all passionless, random SoL bits occasionally interrupted by at-the-end pointless character development.. One big poorly made and executed battle sequence later we call it a day.

There's so much to say about how little effort and passion they throw into this abomination and still going to make tons of money off the fan base, it's somewhat offensive and pathetic in another level. There's gonna be follow-up? Not a surprise. It's probably decided from the start, if not for the bad anime and lazy, effortless ending we've got people may not be that mad. The only thing that I'm interested in from this point and on is fans' reaction to all of this. Treat this franchise respectfully? Sorry, no one seems to care about that. Well, all credibility died in episode 3 along with Kisaragi when they pulled off that manipulative move. Well deserved 3/10.

EDIT: MAL is so peaceful. It's one place to get really detached from reality.
raveninthemuddleMar 25, 2015 4:35 PM
Mar 25, 2015 4:20 PM

Aug 2010
Oicchi drop kicking the Abyssal and Nagato kicking ass, melee naval warfare is awesome! A kind of predictable ending, but at least nobody died and if my limited Japanese is of any indication, the Midway-hime acknowledged that the kanmusus have sunk previously, many times in fact which is a nice plot tidbit. I wouldn't mind more story for the second season and obviously better writing since the serious bits were pretty subpar to put it mildly.

Despite the numerous flaws and shortcomings of the adaptation I enjoyed it quite a lot and will be happy to play the game while waiting for the second season. The girls were cute and likable and the more light-hearted moments were well done (the 6th destroyer division, Kongou shenanigans and Yamato hotel episodes especially). 7/10.
Mar 25, 2015 4:47 PM
Apr 2008
Holy... this shitfest got itself a season2?
Mar 25, 2015 4:58 PM

Jul 2012
luigi-dude said:
This show has been one of the most over-hyped, predictable and bland products I've ever watched. Paper-thin plot, cardboard cut-out characters, and dialogue that made me cringe. The game at least has the possibility of losing any of your girls which brings a weird quasi-darkness to it, but all this had was predictable battles with hilariously bad CG effects, and SoL in-betweens with some of the most forced moe I've ever seen. I know it's fucking designed to milk the fanbase but sorry, knowing that DOES NOT excuse this show from being a bland, cliche' fucking mess... and it deserves to be called out for its problems. They could have really added in some meaningful drama if the girls had to cope with the fact that they couldn't escape the fates of their past namesakes... but no, a major ass was pulled and Fubuki saved the day with friendship... This show had promise in the beginning to not just be another cliche' moe wank machine, but that is exactly what it turned into. It saddens me greatly to know that this kind of crap gets a second season, wheras other more thought provoking shows, and even better moe shows fall to the wayside. I guess that's the anime world we live in...

You posted the exact same comment last week, at least try a little harder.

Fanservice is fanservice. It was alright.
Mar 25, 2015 5:35 PM
Jun 2010
So Japan finally defeated America, I mean Abyss.
Mar 25, 2015 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
Hikigaya said:
luigi-dude said:

You posted the exact same comment last week, at least try a little harder.

Fanservice is fanservice. It was alright.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. He went on a very similar dumbass rant in episode 1 too.
Mar 25, 2015 7:08 PM
Mar 2012
So much hate for the anime. I, for one, came in expecting shipfus, and shipfus I got. I wasn't aware you were supposed to expect more from this show.
Mar 25, 2015 7:42 PM
Aug 2009
LastChapter said:
So much hate for the anime. I, for one, came in expecting shipfus, and shipfus I got. I wasn't aware you were supposed to expect more from this show.

My thoughts exactly, who in their fucking right mind though to expect Code Geass or Madoka from this anyway? You've got to be smoking something pretty bad if you though KanColle was gonna be an epic anime after the third episode hahahahahaha.
Mar 25, 2015 7:52 PM

May 2012
good thing this show isnt dialogue heavy, the subs didnt come quick enough for me, lol, but overall the show was a fun watch, though all that cgi was kind of off putting :/ but oh well i guess

LastChapter said:

+1
frequency15kMar 25, 2015 10:14 PM
Mar 25, 2015 10:33 PM

Nov 2011
clannadlover said:
LastChapter said:

My thoughts exactly, who in their fucking right mind though to expect Code Geass or Madoka from this anyway? You've got to be smoking something pretty bad if you though KanColle was gonna be an epic anime after the third episode hahahahahaha.

Seriously...people are just intolerant or close-minded
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 25, 2015 10:57 PM

Sep 2013
It was shit funny shit but still shit. Go play the game or just fap to the girls instead.
AcidPunkMar 25, 2015 11:00 PM
Mar 25, 2015 10:59 PM

Aug 2013
I've never played the game, but over all i thought it was a pretty okay game to anime adaptation.

I mean it could of been another season of blazblue =/
My Candies:
Mar 25, 2015 11:12 PM

Jan 2011
Damn that late simulcast!!!

There is no reason to hate on this...at all. I'm honestly surprised it was done so well given where it is coming from. It is popular browser game. Think about how terrible nearly all game based anime turn out to be. I give a lot of props to Diomedea for turning this out.

I don't like comparing shows but this is the exact flavor of Strike Witches which I personally enjoyed.

Again, for a show whose lore is more fan created than anything else imo this was crafted well beyond my initial expectations. Pleased there is a second season.

Edit: And just incase anyone forgot about whom the hair clip of the carrier Fubuki destroyed that floated up at the end belonged to. Pretty much the whole big thing about the Abyssal
IZEROIIMar 25, 2015 11:42 PM
Mar 25, 2015 11:15 PM
Nov 2013
This was an okay finale. My favorite part was when Nagato and the rest of the girls came out to help join the fight. Does Noto Mamiko voice Taihou, or is that Hayami Saori?

Anyway, 6/10. Decent imo, would watch a sequel no matter what form it will be.
Mar 25, 2015 11:23 PM

Oct 2014
I actually quite enjoyed the series.
Though I can see why people would dislike it, especially the cg.
Sequel best have more Taihou in it!
Mar 25, 2015 11:34 PM
Sep 2014
I'd like the second season out with abysmal protagonists.. Poor nort ocean hime :( she are too cute and this chapter did not look cute
Mar 25, 2015 11:34 PM

Nov 2012
meh, this episode was alright i guess. 5/10 for the show overall.
Mar 25, 2015 11:36 PM

Aug 2011
I enjoyed this series through its run even as a non-player, and I feel like the hate it's getting is pretty exaggerated. It was a little stale in some areas sure, but it does what it's supposed to (that is, pander to the fans of the girls) pretty well. In terms of story? It could have been a lot better, and I think that's why it's getting a second season; to allow them to properly give it some sort of narrative now that they know the anime was well-received.

The ending was super cheesy, I won't defend that. They should have kept Kitakami sunk, or had at least one more death to lead into the whole "ship girls turn into Abyssals when they sink". They didn't, but I'm still satisfied with what we got. At least they had the decency to showcase Kisaragi's hairpin to lead into S2. So we have that to look forward to I guess.

That said, those Nagato x Mutsu moments.... I'm expecting a kiss next season. Make it happen Diomedea!

Overall it was fun to watch. Could have been better with having an actual plot, but the characters' interactions were fun and cute, and I honestly didn't expect to get attached to them, since I don't play the game. But I did. And I love them. And I love this anime.

8/10

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.