Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 15, 2011 10:35 PM
Aug 2009
Luffygotgum said:
previously someone said they had 8 crew members i forgot where. well when luffy and usopp fought about the ship and how it was one of the crew members, i wonder if that plays a role. like there are 8 people and a ship...which makes 9. my question really is if they consider the ship a crew mate or not...if not they have 2 more nakama to acquire, if it is then just 1

I think they would be finished with recruitment if they counted something like that. Usopp would be counted as 2 because of Sogeking.

moklyop said:
his position on the ship could be diver and drowning Fruit User rescue person

lmao nice

Anyway, I just hope there will be at least 1 new member who is another Luffy/Zoro/Sanji in terms of strength and reliability, or at least a Robin. I love Brook, but the Straw Hats need another combat oriented character.

I don't think the new member has been introduced yet. The characters I "want/hope", but is very unlikely, to see join the straw hat crew are Sabo, Sabo, Sabo, and Sabo. I also think Sabo would be a very good choice. I don't think they're even alive though :/
Oct 17, 2011 6:25 AM

Jul 2009
fialdestiny said:

I don't think the new member has been introduced yet. The characters I "want/hope", but is very unlikely, to see join the straw hat crew are Sabo, Sabo, Sabo, and Sabo. I also think Sabo would be a very good choice. I don't think they're even alive though :/

I honestly don't think Sabo will join the Straw Hats... It has already been shown that ASL couldn't be on the same crew because they all want to be captains.
Oct 17, 2011 3:04 PM

Mar 2008
codegeassfan said:
100th reply in this thread! lol. I doubt Sabo will join either, I was just saying I hope to see him in the new world. I hope a Merman or Mermaid joins too. I hope it's a merman and another girl joins later, because I bet it'd get annoying having a crew member that couldn't walk on land all the time.

That's why I think it should be a half-human half-mermaid so that she can walk on land but still be an expert in water. Her weapon could be a fishing pole/harpoon thing, whatever you call those. And she could be a master of fishman kenpo as well as communicating with sea creatures. As for her position on the ship, maybe she could be a maid. (i have a maid fetish)
Oct 17, 2011 5:55 PM
Nov 2009
Haha, I wish Sabo would join, but it's very unlikely. At the same time, I don't think he's dead, otherwise it would've been completely pointless to introduce him to Luffy's past at such a late part of the series. Oda wouldn't do that to us then just kill him off would he? :'(
Oct 17, 2011 8:44 PM

Mar 2008
I don't believe Oda ever does anything without purpose. I think we'll be seeing Sabo again but I doubt he would join.
Oct 19, 2011 1:43 AM

Sep 2008
Didn't he die back there?
Oct 19, 2011 2:28 PM

Jul 2009
We can't be sure about that, no one saw any bodies
Nov 29, 2011 11:50 PM

Jun 2009
why i say vivi
Nov 30, 2011 9:27 AM

Oct 2010
I was right, Jinbei is the new Strawhat.
Luffy asks him to join at the end of chapter 648.
Better luck next time everybody!
Now a new discussion shall be made, who will join next in the New World? The Strawhats need another female. Perhaps Vivi has become badass AND useful after the time skip?
Nov 30, 2011 12:04 PM

Jul 2009
Moklyop said:
I was right, Jinbei is the new Strawhat.
Better luck next time everybody!

Lol, you want a cookie for that or something?

It was nothing unexpected and I really can't understand how you can be happy about it. Jinbei doesn't have an unique personality or looks or wtv. What makes him is unique is being a fishman and this arc could have introduced a new fishman that would join the crew.

I still don't see the point of this arc tbh. If it was to bring a new nakama along Oda could have introduced a new exciting character not bring someone like Jinbei. No doubt he'll be useful, but I don't see how he's gonna fit the crew funny nonsenses unless Oda wants to turn One Piece into a more serious show but I don't think it'll become that serious. I don't see Jinbei being anyone's favourite character but Oda knows better I guess...

I just hope the next nakama will make up for Jinbei
Nov 30, 2011 12:08 PM

Mar 2008
All Luffy did was ask him. Jimbei hasn't said "Yes" yet. So wait for next week before you start boasting or complaining.
Nov 30, 2011 12:15 PM

Jul 2009
Juggernaut6 said:
All Luffy did was ask him. Jimbei hasn't said "Yes" yet. So wait for next week before you start boasting or complaining.

I don't think you can see the difference between sharing an opinion and 'complaining'
Nov 30, 2011 2:28 PM
Nov 2009
So Jimbei hasn't said yes yet? (I don't read the Manga) I was Hoping It'd be a younger Merman or Mermaid. This is kinda like if Owner Zeff Had Joined instead of Sanji, or That one old lady instead of Chopper.lol.
Nov 30, 2011 7:14 PM

Jun 2011
codegeassfan said:
So Jimbei hasn't said yes yet? (I don't read the Manga) I was Hoping It'd be a younger Merman or Mermaid. This is kinda like if Owner Zeff Had Joined instead of Sanji, or That one old lady instead of Chopper.lol.

LOLOLOLOL

having jinbei join is like clearing the prejudice between the two race.. maybe that's what Oda wants to do?
but still, it could be some other fishmen instead of jinbei.. he's too boring >.>

btw, is jinbei's blood going to do anything to luffy? like giving him powers or like resistence to sea water?
Nov 30, 2011 8:13 PM
Nov 2009
That'd be lame. Devil Fruit Users Have to be weak in water, it's been like that since the beggining. :p lol. Brooks old like Jimbei, but He's a rockstar, so that doesn't count. He's cooler than most young people.
Nov 30, 2011 11:35 PM

May 2011
Anyone other than Jimbei.
Oct 28, 2012 10:17 AM

Nov 2010
I'm hoping for a fishman it seems to fit, it will give them another place to attack from. I don't know why everybody hates Jinbei though, he seem perfect. Even if it seems like he might be a little too serious, Oda has a way to make him fit in, like he did with Robin.
Nov 1, 2012 1:58 PM

Nov 2012
Monet had such a high chance for a possible new nakama position before Zoro owned her. Now I'm thinking that there's gonna be a Wano arc next and they'll find a nakama there, maybe? But then again, there are already two swordsmen, so who knows
Nov 2, 2012 9:10 PM

Aug 2012
I personally feel that we're quite early into the New World still. I doubt we'll see new nakama yet, probably just Kine and Mone following them.
Nov 4, 2012 8:51 PM

Jan 2012
I know that this will sound crazy, but I hope that Aojiki joins. I think that he could round out the crew.
1.) He can keep up with everyone.
2.) He isn't a marine anymore.
3.) It is such a crazy idea, even Oda could come up with it.
4.) He would be their first Logia type member.
5.) Crazier stuff has happened in One Piece.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2012 10:28 AM

Jul 2012
Momonsuke as an apprentice
Nov 9, 2012 11:07 AM

Jul 2011
Kaizoku_Mugiwara said:
I know that this will sound crazy, but I hope that Aojiki joins. I think that he could round out the crew.
1.) He can keep up with everyone.
2.) He isn't a marine anymore.
3.) It is such a crazy idea, even Oda could come up with it.
4.) He would be their first Logia type member.
5.) Crazier stuff has happened in One Piece.

well it would be fun to see aokiji join as I think there's really no hard feelings between him and the mugiwara crew, but I also think he is a bit too strong as of now.. maybe in the end of the series when they're going up against Akainu?
Nov 9, 2012 5:02 PM
Dec 2011
DIdn't Luffy and Jimbei that Jimbei was going to join his crew later on?
Hopefully someone like Boa joins though :)
Nov 9, 2012 5:49 PM

Jul 2011
Yeah, Luffy and Jimbei made a deal.
He talked about having unfinished buisness, which most likely has something to do with Big Mom. So I think whenever that arc begins we'll see Jimbei again.
Since every crewmember basically has a "post" or general use in the crew I fail to see what Hancock could bring, except more fighting power.
Jimbei on the other hand is a capable helmsman with the power to summon forth whalesharks in tough situation that requires a bit more steering etc.
Nov 10, 2012 1:12 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
Terium said:
He talked about having unfinished buisness, which most likely has something to do with Big Mom. So I think whenever that arc begins we'll see Jimbei again.
Since every crewmember basically has a "post" or general use in the crew I fail to see what Hancock could bring, except more fighting power.
Jimbei on the other hand is a capable helmsman with the power to summon forth whalesharks in tough situation that requires a bit more steering etc.

Yeah but everyone in the crew is very funny, but Jimbei has never made me laugh. He doesn't have a unique personality like the rest of crew imo. That's why I personally dont want him to come. :/

I'd like Aokiji to come, but that will probably not happen.^^ So i hope it'll be someone who hasn't been introduced yet.
Nov 11, 2012 4:41 PM

Nov 2010
Youjinbou said:
Terium said:

Yeah but everyone in the crew is very funny, but Jimbei has never made me laugh. He doesn't have a unique personality like the rest of crew imo. That's why I personally dont want him to come. :/

I'd like Aokiji to come, but that will probably not happen.^^ So i hope it'll be someone who hasn't been introduced yet.
You mean we haven't seen his unique personality. Robin wasn't as open as she is now when she was first introduced. He's always had to be strong because he was the leader and always looked to, if he joins Luffy's crew he will no longer be in charge and will be able to relax and probably change a little.

Aokiji seems cool to be in the crew, but I hope they get someone completely new first.
Nov 11, 2012 5:05 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Youjinbou said:
Terium said:

You mean we haven't seen his unique personality. Robin wasn't as open as she is now when she was first introduced. He's always had to be strong because he was the leader and always looked to, if he joins Luffy's crew he will no longer be in charge and will be able to relax and probably change a little.

Aokiji seems cool to be in the crew, but I hope they get someone completely new first.

Answering Usopp's "What's your specialty?" question with "Assasination <3", helping Luffy do Chopper Imitiation, bribing Nami with Crocodile's money... The first episode Robin joined the crew is my favourite episode actually, she was very funny even then.^^

That being said it's almost certain Jimbei will join them after the last episode. So I hope you're right and he changes after joining the crew.
Nov 11, 2012 5:18 PM

Nov 2010
Youjinbou said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Youjinbou said:
Terium said:

Answering Usopp's "What's your specialty?" question with "Assasination <3", helping Luffy do Chopper Imitiation, bribing Nami with Crocodile's money... The first episode Robin joined the crew is my favourite episode actually, she was very funny even then.^^

That being said it's almost certain Jimbei will join them after the last episode. So I hope you're right and he changes after joining the crew.
Fine ok Robin might not have been the best example, but when she really started to be herself was after she was saved from Enies Lobby.

And either he is going to join or he is going to die before joining. But his power fits very well with the crew, being a fishman so he can save the devil fuit users, being a helsman, having a connection and a reason to go with them.
Nov 11, 2012 6:35 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
either he is going to join or he is going to die before joining.

wow I didn't think of that possibility, you're right Big Mam may actually eat him. :s
I don't like Jimbei but I wouldn't want that.^^
Nov 11, 2012 6:45 PM

Nov 2010
Youjinbou said:
IntroverTurtle said:

wow I didn't think of that possibility, you're right Big Mam may actually eat him. :s
Somebody mentioned it in another thread and I am starting to believe it. There is always a character in a shounen anime who is really cool(kinda overpowered) and it looks like he's going to join the group and then he dies or loses all his fighting ability. And him not joining immediately seems llike a sign that something will happen, I hope it won't though.
Nov 17, 2012 10:47 PM

Jan 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Youjinbou said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Somebody mentioned it in another thread and I am starting to believe it. There is always a character in a shounen anime who is really cool(kinda overpowered) and it looks like he's going to join the group and then he dies or loses all his fighting ability. And him not joining immediately seems llike a sign that something will happen, I hope it won't though.

I want to see Jimbie join. I think he would be funny, and he would be a good chaperone for Luffy... who is always getting in trouble. Besides, I want Brook and Jimbie to sit on deck and do old man stuff together, like playing go or Shogi. That would be funny.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2012 11:02 PM

Nov 2010
Kaizoku_Mugiwara said:
I want to see Jimbie join. I think he would be funny, and he would be a good chaperone for Luffy... who is always getting in trouble. Besides, I want Brook and Jimbie to sit on deck and do old man stuff together, like playing go or Shogi. That would be funny.
I do think Brook and Jinbei doing old people things like shogi would be cool. I also think him chilling in the fishtank would be cool.

Also people have been talking about how Jinbei is too serious for the crew. I recently rewatched One Piece and Jinbei actually had a couple of goofy moments. He had his eyes pop out when he saw something ridiculous two times. And he tried to give their plan a name and was cut off kind of like Franky wanting to name the Sunny Go.
Nov 18, 2012 1:14 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
Chilling in the fishtank LOL, I can't imagine him doing that but indeed it would be hilarious. ^^

Almost everyone's eyes pop out when they hear Luffy's stupid ideas so I didn't count that. Maybe he'll become funnier once he stops worrying about Fishman Island, we'll see...
Nov 18, 2012 1:28 AM

Jul 2012
i guess its jinbei... but at the same time... i rly wana see boa hanckock join the straw hats too x.x the show will be more interesting and funny ^^
Nov 18, 2012 11:47 AM

Jan 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Kaizoku_Mugiwara said:
I do think Brook and Jinbei doing old people things like shogi would be cool. I also think him chilling in the fishtank would be cool.

Also people have been talking about how Jinbei is too serious for the crew. I recently rewatched One Piece and Jinbei actually had a couple of goofy moments. He had his eyes pop out when he saw something ridiculous two times. And he tried to give their plan a name and was cut off kind of like Franky wanting to name the Sunny Go.

CHILLING IN THE FISH TANK!!! LOL, ROTFL!! XD *turns blue from lack of O2*

Some one needs to make a fan picture of this right NOW.

Haha, they don't need to give him a room, he can live in the aquarium. The fist time I watch all the parts with Jimbie, I didn't think he was so funny, but if you watch it all again and pay attention to him, Jimbie does have his moments. But its all irrelevant, because he won't be showing up for a long time.
Jul 28, 2014 9:15 AM
Jul 2014
I have a feeling it's gonna be one of the main ladies of the Dressrosa Arc: Either Violet or Rebecca.
Jul 29, 2014 5:00 AM

Jan 2010
justajustaway said:
I have a feeling it's gonna be one of the main ladies of the Dressrosa Arc: Either Violet or Rebecca.

If thats the case, I sure hope it wasn't Rebecca, she isn't interesting enough and she is kinda weak. And what would her role be when she joined the crew? Definitely not powerful enough to be the one for combat.

As for Violet, because her DF ability, she can be the crew's spy, the one who collect/steal informations and such. But since there is this love thingy between her and Sanji, I think it make her probability to joining the crew thinner. Imagine if Violet join the crew, the lovey dovey athmosphere surrounding Sanji and her will be quite awkward and out of place.
Jul 30, 2014 9:11 AM

Jul 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Youjinbou said:

This ^ seems really possible to happen now when you think about it and would make the story a lot more interesting with a plot twist like that, since everybody is expecting him to join the stawhats soon
But, the most likely female to join in this arc would be violet because she is strong( can use haki), has a powerful and useful df for spying, she has a specialty which is dancing, has a saddish past with dd ruining dressrosa and her having to work with the exact same people who destroyed her country for years in order to save her father and she could act as the helmsman of the group since they don't have a permanent one yet and her df power could help her do that job by seeing what is going around the ship whilst sailing.

Shicchi said:

But since there is this love thingy between her and Sanji, I think it make her probability to joining the crew thinner. Imagine if Violet join the crew, the lovey dovey athmosphere surrounding Sanji and her will be quite awkward and out of place.

yep that is the only problem i have with violet joining besides the fact she needs a goal or dream in order to join but, overall as a character i actually really like her.
But as long as rebecca, bellamy,Kin'emon, Momonosuke or any Tontattas do not join i will be happy.

Aug 3, 2014 5:37 PM

May 2014
I honestly dont think there will be any new crew members because Luffy has all he needs for his crew to function. Buuut if he does decide to add another member I think it would possibly be someone in future arcs ^.*
Aug 4, 2014 7:38 AM

Apr 2014
Well, since SHC is a home for "a creature that never seen before" I'm quite certain that Jimbei will absoutely join later on.
and for who will be the next SHC, I think Jewelry Bonney, because of his past encounter with Zoro and the fact that she lost her crew and is on his own now, and the fact that she had a grudge again Blackbeard and Akainu he is most likely to join SHC, not to mention that we need a new hot babe in the ship :D
Aug 5, 2014 5:46 AM

Jan 2010
tr1ckst3r said:
Well, since SHC is a home for "a creature that never seen before" I'm quite certain that Jimbei will absoutely join later on.
and for who will be the next SHC, I think Jewelry Bonney, because of his past encounter with Zoro and the fact that she lost her crew and is on his own now, and the fact that she had a grudge again Blackbeard and Akainu he is most likely to join SHC, not to mention that we need a new hot babe in the ship :D

Wow I never really considered Bonney...now that you mention it, I think it's quite possible. She got unique ability too. Not to mention, a bottomless stomach. I could totally imagine her on board sunny go. Sanji would have another person to watch out for from his fridge other than Luffy lol.
Aug 7, 2014 11:20 PM

Dec 2012
Shicchi said:
Sanji would have another person to watch out for from his fridge other than Luffy lol.

Bonney would probably make Sanji her cook slave, which would be funny to see.
Aug 20, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2012
I'm starting to think we might not get any more members. Although i still hope for one last one.
Aug 21, 2014 9:01 AM

Jan 2010
sman3579 said:
I'm starting to think we might not get any more members. Although i still hope for one last one.

I believe I read somewhere in Oda's interview that there will definitely more member for Straw Hat Crew XD
Aug 21, 2014 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
I think it would be Bartolomeo <3 He is awesome, I love him :D Hope that won't be Rebecca.
Aug 22, 2014 9:48 PM

Mar 2008
Defintely Jinbe after Big Mom is taken care of. As for this current arc, the only one who looks like a possibility is Bartolomeo. I'd kind of rather just have him as an ally though.
Aug 30, 2014 9:02 PM

Oct 2012
They need a fishman for racial diversity :)
Sep 2, 2014 1:48 AM
Jun 2014
Jinbei
Sep 2, 2014 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
Bartolomeo and Jimbei
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Which is your favorite one piece movie?

Paituwin - Sep 1, 2021

9 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 18, 7:56 AM

» The gradually-increasing amount of fan-service in One Piece....thoughts on it?

KaiZodd - Dec 6, 2011

12 by philippeb »»
May 9, 3:00 PM

» Who are your favorite characters? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

gmgkng - Mar 19, 2010

282 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 7, 2023 3:36 PM

Sticky: » New nakama? Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Alipio - Mar 3, 2010

652 by Kai_Dou »»
Jul 25, 2023 8:35 AM

» ★ Random Image Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

la_tigra - Mar 13, 2010

355 by Kwaxiiiii »»
Jan 17, 2022 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.