Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2010 6:46 AM

Aug 2009
This show is so awesome I realized I'm not supposed to think about it.
Oct 2, 2010 6:56 AM
Jun 2009
One day, this show will be inducted into the Hall of Fame along the likes of the Mona Lisa.
Oct 2, 2010 7:23 AM

Sep 2008
Am I the only one that thinks that sex jokes aren't something new? I've been seeing things like this since fucking forever in comedy anime. Not to mention the fanservice shit.

At least Sora no Otoshimono Forte was funny about it and didn't focus exclusively, so not to get tiring.

I'll keep watching, but meh. At first I thought the art style was cool, but I don't think I can stand the rest.
Oct 2, 2010 7:33 AM

Feb 2008
EmmanuelVR said:
Am I the only one that thinks that sex jokes aren't something new? I've been seeing things like this since fucking forever in comedy anime.
You're missing the part where Panty is having actual sex. That part looks like a deliberate jab at purity otakus, i.e. further trolling.
Oct 2, 2010 7:44 AM

Sep 2008
kuroshiroi said:
EmmanuelVR said:
Am I the only one that thinks that sex jokes aren't something new? I've been seeing things like this since fucking forever in comedy anime.
You're missing the part where Panty is having actual sex. That part looks like a deliberate jab at purity otakus, i.e. further trolling.

Ebichu, Fanservice shit like Princess Lover, Queen's Blade, Green Green, etc had goddamn OVAs with the characters getting fucked.

It's just toilet humour like with a slut around.
Oct 2, 2010 7:50 AM

Jul 2009
I really liked the artstyle, and the music, but I don't really know how to think about it overall.

The toilet and sex humour is amusing enough for me to watch, but I get the feeling that I'm going to get tired of it after 2/3 episodes. While it wasn't wildly different from a lot of other comedy anime, it was far more extreme than them.

Don't really know what to say.I'll wait a few more episodes before forming an overall opinion.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Oct 2, 2010 7:50 AM

Aug 2009
garfield15 said:
SamTheNayru said:

FLY AWAY NOW. FLY AWAY NOW. FLY AWAAAAAAY.

Man, that has been in my head all day

I know right. I can't stop thinking about it.

Awesome pic in spoiler tag.
Oct 2, 2010 7:51 AM

Jan 2010
rofl at the transformation scene
Oct 2, 2010 8:06 AM

Feb 2008
EmmanuelVR said:
kuroshiroi said:
EmmanuelVR said:

Ebichu, Fanservice shit like Princess Lover, Queen's Blade, Green Green, etc had goddamn OVAs with the characters getting fucked.
Princess Lover has no sex (unless you count the hentai OVA, which you shouldn't), Queen's Blade has no straight sex and no real lesbian sex either. I haven't seen Green Green but, afaik, that's a male having sex. Ebichu's main character is a hamster, not two lolis. That's also from Gainax, so it doesn't count as much.

Find me a show that has main female characters having overt sex in the first episode (non-hentai) from the last... 10 years. I certainly know of none. Anyway, we'll see what they're thinking in the next episode.
Oct 2, 2010 8:07 AM

Dec 2008
I have no idea of what I just watched. O_o
Waiting for ep 2!
Oct 2, 2010 8:23 AM

Nov 2007
I don't like this show from the first episode, and I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. I think the only thing I actually like about the show is Stocking herself, she is amusing. But I will watch the second episode to get my final judgment.
O_O
Oct 2, 2010 8:40 AM

Sep 2008
Why's stocking getting all this love? She only spoke like three times and her lines were limited to "Isn't cake so delicious?". She's like a K-on girl with less personality.
Oct 2, 2010 9:11 AM

Nov 2008
This show is sooooo fricken wrong on so many levels.
It's twisted, perverted, sick and demented.

How can you NOT love this thing?
Oct 2, 2010 9:13 AM

Jul 2010
I thought this was pretty entertaining.

I love some people are flipping their **** over this.
Oct 2, 2010 9:24 AM

Aug 2008
It seems like a Japanese take on American cartoons. Which i don't find appealing at all.
Oct 2, 2010 9:29 AM
Oct 2008
lzumi-chan said:
It seems like a Japanese take on American cartoons. Which i don't find appealing at all.

Please tell me that you are trolling.
Oct 2, 2010 9:34 AM

Jul 2010
I love the way this show has successfully made all this people rage with just one episode, it's even more hilarious than the show itself.
Oct 2, 2010 9:37 AM

Jan 2008
Was really surprised @ 9.55
Honestly i don't really care about how ridiculous the story is, the animation alone & Stocking was good enough to keep me watching.

Can't wait for ep2
Oct 2, 2010 9:44 AM
Nov 2008
I don't know why everyone is praising this "anime". It looks like Powerpuff Girls done by a Japanese studio, while they were smoking something good. This show is a joke, I didn't even find it funny or anything ground-breaking. The ONLY thing I liked was the BGM and ending song.

First part was about toilets eating people? The jokes felt so forced, and everything unnatural, rushed. The second part I thought was cool until the train was "cumming?" like really? I don't want to watch these crude humour, obviously copying american style, mixed with a bit of Japanese humour, no thank you.

I won't be watching on, and that's all I'll bitch about it. I only wanted to see what the hype was about.
Oct 2, 2010 9:47 AM

Sep 2008
kuroshiroi said:
Princess Lover has no sex (unless you count the hentai OVA, which you shouldn't), Queen's Blade has no straight sex and no real lesbian sex either. I haven't seen Green Green but, afaik, that's a male having sex. Ebichu's main character is a hamster, not two lolis. That's also from Gainax, so it doesn't count as much.

Find me a show that has main female characters having overt sex in the first episode (non-hentai) from the last... 10 years. I certainly know of none. Anyway, we'll see what they're thinking in the next episode.

REC.

Green Green has a heterosexual relationship with sex. Princess Lover certainly counts considering it's a canon OVA and not a random re-make hentai OVA. Queen's BLade sure as hell counts. If you have a girl being a slut, tentacle rape is even more of a "novelty anti-pure girls" shit that you love so much.
Ebichu's owner is a healthy woman having sex all the time and jokes come from said situations. Basically what P&S tries with Panty but fail horribly at.
"That's also from Gainax" You're grasping at straws, man. The fact that it was done by the same damn studio 10 years ago should tell you that it isn't even new enough.
EmmanuelVROct 2, 2010 9:54 AM
Oct 2, 2010 9:51 AM

May 2008
The purity thing did always get to me and bother me. I'm always paranoid about some situation being part of some nasty studs versus sluts double standard. And then just tell myself "no, you're just being an idiot and an assuming jerk, stop that."

So I have a secret or not so secret like for what's going on here out of my omnipresent gender agenda. Which delves fully into the realms of sexuality, as I am not sexaphobic, and for some reason people seem to assume that some sort of belief in gender egalitarianism means OMG KILL SEX, KILL EVERYONE WHO HAS SEX! SEX IS EVIL, THIS HYPERSEXUALIZING WOMEN AND WOMEN AREN'T LIKE THIS THEY'RE INNOCENT LIKE THE VIRGIN MARY. YOU'RE OBJECTIFYING WOMEN AGAIN so I'm not allowed to have an opinion. Which, it shouldn't be. And I don't see how that does anything but perpetuate the hunt for women sexually, giving a purity prize attachment to their sexuality.

In any case, no matter what I think and what affects gender. People are still going to see this as a sexually pandering fanservice show. And I don't think we have any right to a silly worthless term like "pander" that is explicitly anti-sexual anyway.

And I have no idea where I'm going with this. I guess after all my time around certain people I'm a bit more jaded to this aspect.

As for examples of this elsewhere in the "otaku industry". Len of Tsukihime rapes the main character. Definitely a loli moeblob. Though it was a dream, it was technically rape. And whatever the case, her innocence is certainly not implied.

The main character of Tokyo Akazukin pretty well has sex multiple times throughout the manga. And I can't think of anything people would consider a more hardcore Lolicon manga than that without literally being a Hentai.

But I tend to agree with what kuroshiroi is saying here. Somehow I don't think I'm going to get very far for my agenda with that argument, though. And would rather just enjoy it as the different kind of fanservice show it is. It's not like the moeblob shows are more backwards because their characters are less sexualized. Most moeblob shows are innocently cute enough, and aren't about making innocent women a prey. And so long as it doesn't delve into that realm, it's really quite neutral.

I'm starting to ramble on. This post ended.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 2, 2010 10:11 AM

Jun 2009
I am half and half here.
On one hand I can admit that it's different. I feel the old nostalgic from the times I watched cartoons. The parody is interesting as well. Instead of transformation sequences we get pole dancing strippers.(And that's awesome) Instead of innocent pure girls we get two girls who are the very definition of gluttony and lust. The action had me mildly interested.

On the other hand I hate the art style. It's crowded, all over the place, unnatural and downright ugly. You can say that it's supposed to be that way but it doesn't change a damn thing. It's still damn ugly.
It's basically represents every reason that I stopped watching American cartoons. No real story.(Never expected there to be one to be honest) Childish jokes. Entertainment with no real substance.

All and all I find this show confusing to judge as bad or good. But they better make this last somehow. This show could get stale fast.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Oct 2, 2010 10:35 AM

Mar 2010
TRY to Watch this when you are High XD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 2, 2010 10:40 AM

Aug 2009
I want the OST.
Oct 2, 2010 10:43 AM

Mar 2010
IZUMI64 said:
Rasco said:
did japan finally get tired of anime

NO,,,but GAINAX did,,,after TTGL and now this...

And this anime really fucked up XDDD

Makes sense Its a really shock to a lot of people

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 2, 2010 10:49 AM
Jul 2010
idk wtf this is but i like it
Oct 2, 2010 11:00 AM

Dec 2007
This show is just fun, pure and simple. Better than any other first episode I've seen in a LONG time.

Oct 2, 2010 11:03 AM

Feb 2008
EmmanuelVR said:
REC.

Green Green has a heterosexual relationship with sex. Princess Lover certainly counts considering it's a canon OVA and not a random re-make hentai OVA. Queen's BLade sure as hell counts. If you have a girl being a slut, tentacle rape is even more of a "novelty anti-pure girls" shit that you love so much.
Ebichu's owner is a healthy woman having sex all the time and jokes come from said situations. Basically what P&S tries with Panty but fail horribly at.
"That's also from Gainax" You're grasping at straws, man. The fact that it was done by the same damn studio 10 years ago should tell you that it isn't even new enough.
Still doesn't change the fact this has parody written all over it, there are loli-esque characters engaging in casual sex in a prime time anime show. And the sex is not the joke here, it's the unusual part. Not new, but very unusual, which was your original premise. The jokes here are all centered on the parody of normal anime, imao. Since you disagree, we have very little basis for an argument.

Also, please don't tell me I'm grasping at straws when you're guilty of the exact same thing with Princess Lover and Queen's Blade. There aren't any men in QB, which is usually the prerequisite for jealousy (lesbians can't be turned, yada, yada) and the Princess Lover OVA is definitely not canon in the same universe as the TV series. Both are adapted from an eroge, one just happens to include the sex, while the other doesn't. The majority of the TV series was original, ffs. I'll give you a hint, it was the part that didn't suck.

The others, I don't know about. My point was young, overtly sexual, straight, female main characters if you need it spelled out, see something like the characters in Kannagi or Lucky Star if you need an example. If you think Green Green counts, that's your opinion, I don't have a basis for an estimate there so whatever.
Oct 2, 2010 11:15 AM

May 2008
That was quite literally shitty; I couldn't even make it through the entire episode due to the crude humor. This is probably the worst thing I've seen from Gainax so far, not to mention the animation reminded me of powerpuff girls and wasn't aesthetically pleasing in the least. Thumbs down on this one sadly enough.
In the End, was it worth it?
Oct 2, 2010 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
Entertaining at most. Definitely not what I was expecting, but I'll watch on the see what happens. The music was awesome.
Oct 2, 2010 11:19 AM

Sep 2008
kuroshiroi said:
quote quote

P&S doesn't have even near the same target as Kannagi or Lucky Star.

Stop comparing a show that oversexualizes and has puke jokes to a comedy show for teens with anime references.

And I don't see the parody part of anything. It's just a mix of american cartoon style and japanese's worst brand of comedy (brought straight from the USA, even!) style, mixes it with Mahou Shojo (which is, basically, aimed at kids most of the time, so saying it's a parody of this would be a joke).

The brand of humor reminds me of Dead Leaves, too.

Now I feel bad for bringing down Rec to this shit.
EmmanuelVROct 2, 2010 11:25 AM
Oct 2, 2010 11:24 AM

Aug 2008
When your show starts off covered in sh*t that's usually not a good sign. But I really warmed up to this over time. It was a hell of a lot of fun.
Oct 2, 2010 11:27 AM

Sep 2009
EVERYTHING I EXPECTED AND MORE! Non-stop awesome from start to finish. It may be like a super-stylized Powerpuff Girls, but it's definitely not for kids.

I can die happy now.

Anime Blog Writer For: METANORN (Currently blogging: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Fractale, Tegami Bachi REVERSE)
Oct 2, 2010 11:47 AM
Aug 2010
if you came into this show thinking it wasn't going to be all about crude humor and explosions, your head has been too far up your ass for too long. if you didnt see the trends in this groups previous works (FLCL, TTGL, etc), then you're an idiot for getting angry about its sexuality.

imho, a show for the ages.
Oct 2, 2010 12:03 PM

Nov 2008
I'm not even going to try.
Okay, so I really don't want to see anyone on the toilet, even if they are just cartoon characters. Mitsudomoe was alread enough for me.
desolatoOct 2, 2010 12:07 PM
Oct 2, 2010 12:41 PM

Apr 2010
it was like a dead leaves with other characters. awesome.
Oct 2, 2010 2:31 PM

Jun 2009
I liked it, but I'm afraid that the jokes will become very repetitive in the near future. I hope to be wrong.
Oct 2, 2010 2:37 PM

Sep 2010
leeree said:
This show is just fun, pure and simple. Better than any other first episode I've seen in a LONG time.

LOL gif saved oh man.
Oct 2, 2010 2:58 PM
May 2010
I thought I would never drop an anime, but this show just may be an exception.

I feel like I'm the only one who is not gay for Gainax.
Oct 2, 2010 3:11 PM

Feb 2010
This feels like Powerpuff Girls on Ecstasy.
Oct 2, 2010 3:14 PM

Feb 2008
What the fuck was that?

The guys over at Gainax must've smoked some serious shit. (Wonder where I can get that stuff.)

S0S_Brigade said:
I feel like I'm the only one who is not gay for Gainax.

Maybe
Oct 2, 2010 3:22 PM

Jun 2010
it was weird but funny i like it
Oct 2, 2010 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
Kabi said:

Its lucky star all over again

Whaaaat theeee fuuuuu-

Of all the anime in the world that has come out in the past 30+ years, the closest comparison you could think of was Lucky Star?
Oct 2, 2010 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
garfield15 said:
Kabi said:

Its lucky star all over again

Whaaaat theeee fuuuuu-

Of all the anime in the world that has come out in the past 30+ years, the closest comparison you could think of was Lucky Star?

Ignore those who hate for the sake of hating.
Oct 2, 2010 4:41 PM

Oct 2007
It is either totally AWESOME or a completely SHITTY show.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 2, 2010 4:54 PM

Oct 2008
It is amusing that every time a series comes out that just flat out is terrible in both writing and art, people defend it saying it is purposefully bad in order to be a parody.

If this is a parody, what is it making fun of that is worse than itself? This isn't a case of something being so bad it is good. This is just so bad that it is bad.

Maybe if i was still a tween i would find the jokes funny, but this is even less funny than mitsudomoe.
Oct 2, 2010 4:57 PM

Oct 2007
Murbella said:
It is amusing that every time a series comes out that just flat out is terrible in both writing and art, people defend it saying it is purposefully bad in order to be a parody.

If this is a parody, what is it making fun of that is worse than itself? This isn't a case of something being so bad it is good. This is just so bad that it is bad.

Maybe if i was still a tween i would find the jokes funny, but this is even less funny than mitsudomoe.
I heard you really loud.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 2, 2010 5:08 PM
Apr 2010
Nagi- said:
Orkel said:
Awesome first ep. I immensely enjoy the suffering of weeaboos when they don't get their dose of moeshit.

You're a fucking retard. I probably don't need to tell you have autism since it's apparent you've had special education all your life. Learn the term "moe" before you spew your crap, piece of shit. Not every anime contains moe. Moe is a subjective term used to describe your feelings towards a character. Some people find Panty or Stockings moe, if you put it in your logic then this show is "moeshit". Come at me bro.

inb4 u mad hurr durr XDDDD hatters gonna hat

You seem upset.
Oct 2, 2010 5:22 PM
Nov 2007
Murbella said:

This isn't a parody, it's a homage to various parts of Western animation. Anyone who's watched a little bit of animation from the West (the good stuff at least) should be able to tell that much.
Oct 2, 2010 5:38 PM

Nov 2007
The animation of Powerpuff Girls combined with the 'humour' of Ren and Stimpy?

Shan't waste my time on this rubbish anymore, I outgrew poo jokes when I was 8
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Dec 24, 2010

426 by NoldorSensei »»
Aug 29, 9:10 PM

» Mahou Shoujo tag??

Moonshine_cookie - Aug 13

6 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 16, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chalco - Nov 5, 2010

199 by Eatsik »»
Apr 20, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Dec 17, 2010

140 by TobiasAnimeMan »»
Apr 13, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SunshineNoka - Dec 3, 2010

201 by JoaoPedru »»
Apr 8, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.