Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 10, 2018 7:47 AM

Aug 2017
Kyou...Tomoyo...Kyou...Tomoyo...so hard to choose...
Nagisa needs to step it up. Although seems Tomoya thinks of her the most...
Jul 25, 2019 8:04 AM
Apr 2016
The locked up scene though, gotta remind yourself that this is anime. The ending was ah, they're in quite some trouble. Pretty funny episode honestly.
Aug 9, 2019 5:02 AM

Aug 2018
WHY DIDN'T HE GAVE HER THE D !!! SHE WANTED THE D SO F*CKING MUCH ! YOU TELL ME YOU'RE A DELINQUANT AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH HER A LITTLE ? FOR ONCE THE TSUNDERE IS LYING DOWN ACCEPTING TO GET BONED !

you disapointed me Okazaki ...
Feb 11, 2020 7:02 AM

Apr 2009
Mich666 said:
Hu-huh? So it seems they are really merging routes together, making out the thing that wasn't there before (e.g. Nagisa didn't really collapse at this point in the game, it was just convenient scriptwriter's hook to get her out of the scene. What bothering me more though is that there was always a reason for her collapse, while it doesn't seems like there was a one this time... and I don't think they realized that when creating this anime)

So now we got two love routes squished together... well, sort of. It kinda works but they are constantly jumping between those arcs which could diminish its impacts in the end.
And I have to say that Kyou's shed scene was way better and pretty hillarious in the game as they were both in complete darkness, lying on top of each other, unable to move. The scene in anime definitelly lacked some tension on the other hand.
Not to mention that Tomoya's decision at the end of this episode would eventually lead into bad end, I really don't know what they are trying to do here.

It's not a good habit to compare anime with it's VN/manga source too much. Sure in VN there are different paths and more development for each character, but anime needs to condense things up and so far KyoAni doing great job with Clannad.

Loved that random Fuko appearance! Good stuff can never get old. xD
Feb 17, 2020 6:40 PM

Jul 2016
So much support yet Kyou was about to screw her sister's feelings just for a D.

And people say Clannad is not an harem series... not really a good episode, being honest.
Apr 18, 2020 11:20 AM

Mar 2013
Seriously Fuko's "comic" appearances really undercut the impact I once had for her arc, which i thought had a pretty good ending.
Sep 26, 2020 12:28 PM

Jul 2008
An this episode we get alone time with Kyou...hilarious.

And Tomoya, he just takes on so much crap.
Oct 9, 2020 7:21 PM

Jun 2020
I laughed so hard on the locked scene, anyway I have nothing to say about this episode since it's full of comedy.
Dec 26, 2020 3:49 AM

May 2020
That scene was really weird lmao, what was that
Dec 28, 2020 8:36 PM

Aug 2014
much better episode.  This anime shines when Kyou is the focus.  She and Tomoya have the best interactions.

I like Nagisa, I would date her.  But Nagisa can sometimes make the anime boring.  Tomoyo is okay.
oooo3333May 8, 2023 8:18 AM
Jan 14, 2021 2:36 PM
Aug 2020
tbh I would definitely have a crush on Okazaki too XD
Feb 13, 2021 12:40 AM

Apr 2017
Can Fuko appear every episode please? She's the best.
cunnysseur
Feb 21, 2021 12:17 AM

Jun 2020
I teared up when Okazaki was thinking of Nagisa & how he feels like he’s not doing enough for her & isn’t good enough for her. I feel so much for Okazaki, he’s so broken. I want him to have happiness (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

Kyou is such a good sister, looking out for Ryou & putting her sister before herself, even if she likes Okazaki too. How selfless! And I didn’t like Ryou initially but seeing her feel bad & holding back for Nagisa’s sake, all these girls are so kind & have great character.

Tomoyo is falling flat a little now compared to the other girls. Hope to see more character development in the next episode, seems like she & Okazaki will open up to each other more.

Also I laughed like mad when Okazaki started stripping & then chanting for the “curse” to break off & the doors unlocked when it’s actually just another student looking for Kyou. Lol!!!!! The humour is so deadpan funny.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 23, 2021 4:11 PM

Jan 2020
The story doesn't seem to be progressing, yet there's only a few episodes left.
Also the harem didn't really fit and it felt so out of place... but that's how all harem is like, so I guess I'll stop complaining about that.
Feb 25, 2021 9:01 AM

Jun 2016
This episode just didn't fit right for me. The storage room part felt out of place, and not something this show would do. I can't say I hated it, but I didn't like it either. Ep Score - 4/10

Mar 9, 2021 1:55 PM
Mar 2021
Overall, the episode wasn't horrible but I really didn't like Fuko appearing again. The series sent her off in a beautiful way and by her reappearing, every other episode is taking away from that. I liked Fuko's character when she was prevalent in the show, but now it's becoming annoying. I don't mind if we get flashbacks of her but making her reappear present day is not needed. I really hope that this is the last we see of her for a while.
Jun 16, 2021 9:30 PM
Mar 2021
I like how the mc is not dence idiot

And am I the only one who likes fuko appearing all the time?
BTW kyou est girl followed by tomoya
Jul 25, 2021 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode of all time, that gym scene was perfect. Clannad has one of the best female casts of all time already, 5 of them are top tier already. Tomoyo and Kyou joined that threshold this episode.
Nov 6, 2021 5:20 AM

Aug 2018
Kyou straight up embarassed himself and others once again and this time because of his sister
Jan 17, 2022 5:27 PM

Jan 2016
Okazaki is just pulling all the girls. Tomoyo is now all over him. It feels too sudden NGL. She said it was fun being with him yet that looks like it was her first time going anywhere outside the school with him. Poor Sunohara. I hope he gets a happy ending too. However, him begging Tomoyo to touch her body was a loser move. Okazaki is right. He just doesn't have MC energy cuz he is the comic relief character.

Lol at the charm working.

This moment (him taking the fall for the fight) would have been better for making Tomoyo like Okazaki. Also, has it ever been shown why he is such a delinquent? Like what did he do to get a record?
May 9, 2022 5:25 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Tomoyo was already best girl the moment she first appeared, but with this episode with substantial focus on her, my positive opinion on her just increased even more. She gives me slight Kanbaru (arguably best girl of the monogatari series ok) vibes, maybe that's why we like her so much.

Perhaps I should be stoned to death for this, but I'm glad that Nagisa is off-screen for now. To me she is such a boring character, and should give more room for the more fun ones like Tomoya and Kyou. No doubt my opinion will change later in After Story probably, but for now she doesn't exactly perk my interest whenever she's on screen.

Also I'm curious as to which anime was the first to begin the locked-in-a-storeroom cliché, Clannad aired back in 2007, this has to be one the first isn't it??!! Or probably not since they literally stated the cliché and even had a charm set up for it. It was nice to dream though that I had found the birthplace of the locked in storage room cliche.

ALRIGHT SO ANYWAY Tomoyo easily best girl no question no contest, BUT Kyou is a VERY CLOSE runner-up, she straight up was ready to DO IT fam.

Would've been a perfect episode if Tomoyo would've just been able to let loose and go on a full rampage on those guys without getting continuously interrupted

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

May 29, 2022 4:08 PM
Mar 2022
Is Clannad a harem?

Depends on how you define harem anime. The definition I accept is when there is more than 2 girls in love with the MC, regardless of whether there actually is an OTP (One True Pairing)...

In this case, Clannad Season 1 has around 4-5 girls in love with Tomoya, and there are OVAs showing the alternatives. It is a harem, though I will never include it in the harem list only because the source visual novel is not one...
Aug 5, 2022 7:25 PM

May 2018
Yep. Tomoyo is my favourite girl in this harem. But I mean, I already know what happens, so it seems like he will end up with Nagisa anyway (despite her being the most boring of the group, even if she is cute)
Sep 13, 2022 5:47 PM

Jun 2021

I REALLY WANTED TO WITNESS WHAT ALL KYOU FANS WANTED TO SEE
TOMOYA YOU BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Mar 16, 2023 10:01 AM
Mar 2023
personally i would not fumble kyou like my pal tomoya here
Sep 11, 2023 6:38 PM

Dec 2014
how can someone get loked in a room with Kyou and not enjoy it? my god, Tomoya!
Love... hurts... so...
Sep 2, 10:27 PM
May 2023
Tomoya loves fooling people so much it's entertaining to watch everytime, that locked in the gym sequence was an actual funny misunderstanding
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

353 by Ferrwo »»
Oct 16, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 9, 2007

155 by a_Shape »»
Oct 15, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 2, 2007

155 by a_Shape »»
Oct 15, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Oct 26, 2007

182 by a_Shape »»
Oct 15, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 19, 2007

138 by a_Shape »»
Oct 14, 2:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.