Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 1, 2009 3:52 PM
Nov 2008
Koshi_Inaba said:
DESU_USED said:
I love the new season :)
Though I hate Hei and am in love with suou now :3

Hei looks like an antisocial now with this jacket, his beard and the ponytail. I am a bit sad that suou is a contractor now :c i liked her being an innocent emotional girl.
Oh and what's her contract payment? Does she have one?

Her renumeration is, I think, to fold crane origami

oh that would make sense
Nov 1, 2009 3:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
DESU_USED said:
Koshi_Inaba said:
DESU_USED said:

Hei looks like an antisocial now with this jacket, his beard and the ponytail. I am a bit sad that suou is a contractor now :c i liked her being an innocent emotional girl.

oh that would make sense

Clearly, people skip the section of the episode after the ending song, as well as the preview... :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 1, 2009 4:15 PM
Nov 2008
wakka9ca said:
DESU_USED said:
Koshi_Inaba said:
DESU_USED said:

oh that would make sense

Clearly, people skip the section of the episode after the ending song, as well as the preview... :/

yeah i do because normally they only show a preview of the next episode.
Nov 1, 2009 4:58 PM

Apr 2009
I really had hoped Suou wouldn't turn into a contractor. She was better a human.

Oh well, hopefully that will change a bit later on.

I keep forgetting to watch the bit after the music, must remember that in future.

Plus we need more Kirihara. I like her. And getting suduced by Hazuki was absolutely hilarious. A lesbien contractor eh? :P Also would consider her (Misaki) a main character on the main anime page.
SpudUKNov 1, 2009 5:03 PM
Nov 1, 2009 7:09 PM
Jul 2009
same kinda. i miss the old Sou, the alcohol problem does suck but im happy about the rest of the developements in the series. i like the Humour in this one...hey..."SMILE"
Nov 1, 2009 7:14 PM

Feb 2008
SpudUK said:
I really had hoped Suou wouldn't turn into a contractor. She was better a human.

Oh well, hopefully that will change a bit later on.

Agreeing with this.

July making a smile with his fingers made me laugh but then think of Yin. I'm still worried about her. :/ And man, Hei needs to lay off the drinks. o_o"

Anyways, nice episode, can't wait till the next.
Nov 1, 2009 7:39 PM

Jul 2008
July is made of awesome. <3

BEGINNER
Nov 1, 2009 9:20 PM

Jan 2008
Suou was better as a human, now she's a contractor :<
At least she has kept some of her human side.
Nov 1, 2009 9:58 PM

Oct 2009
Hei_And_Ed_Lover said:
Akagi said:

Also:

LOL xD you're sooo right hahahah

Dude I'm so stupid for not noticing that Suou has her periode -_- (I watched the episode 3 times and I didn't know that...)

--------------->off to watch for the 4th time =D

Actually I am still surprised at her age she is a virgin.
toragon said:

Yeah, sure was nice episode, lol.
and this one is cuter..

Clearly I forgot that the smile of Yin is something that cannot be beaten no matter what. Was good to be reminded again.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 1, 2009 10:37 PM
Feb 2009
l0l the karma
Nov 1, 2009 10:57 PM

Apr 2009
I love how Hei slaps her around and stuff. :)
Do you think he will get a hair cut soon? Its really bothering me...

July was cute. Where is Yin? I really really wanna know.
Nov 1, 2009 11:01 PM

Jan 2008
Shancakeschan said:

Nov 1, 2009 11:08 PM

Apr 2009
Akagi said:
Shancakeschan said:

Thats what im talking about.
Nov 1, 2009 11:34 PM

Jul 2008
Akagi said:
Shancakeschan said:
BRB LAUGHING FOREVER

BEGINNER
Nov 2, 2009 3:48 AM

Oct 2009
adamantine said:
Akagi said:
Shancakeschan said:
BRB LAUGHING FOREVER

HAHAHAHAHAH LMAO xD
Nov 2, 2009 7:03 AM

Jan 2009
Hei_And_Ed_Lover said:
adamantine said:
Akagi said:
Shancakeschan said:
BRB LAUGHING FOREVER

HAHAHAHAHAH LMAO xD

I lol'd (And put into spoilers for size-matters)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 2, 2009 7:28 AM

Aug 2009
Akagi said:
Shancakeschan said:

Make a gif!!
Nov 2, 2009 8:31 AM

Jul 2008
@Akagi - oh holy crap that just made me laugh so hard in the middle of class.

Also, I got bored and started rewatching series 1 ugggggh it's so good. Episode 23 makes me so happy. I want more of that storytelling style. Overlapping characters, etc. Like where Kirihara is having dinner with Li and talks about 'losing part of herself to the organization' - something which he understands all too well!

Lol I'm just being impatient. I want BONES to get to the meat and potatoes so I can see where they're going with this. =D
Nov 2, 2009 8:59 AM
Nov 2007
Meh, no Yin and too much Kirihara.

I didn't really enjoy this episode as much as the previous ones.
Suou's growing on me though. I like her more and more every episode.
zzzfdfdsfsdfafsNov 2, 2009 9:11 AM
Nov 2, 2009 2:23 PM

Mar 2008
Hei sure is a pimp. Though this shadow of his old self is kind of hard to swallow. I miss his good old days with the clean look.

Btw, the Kirihara yuri scene was creepy xD
Nov 2, 2009 6:37 PM

Aug 2008
Why is everyone surprised that Kirihara is still a virgin? She looks young to me.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 2, 2009 9:30 PM

Aug 2008
That's because this is an anime. Everyone looks young. Since she seemingly had a high ranking job, many, including myself, are led to believe that she is around her late twenties, if not older. But even if she isn't, she's clearly out of high school and college, where most people loose their virginity. It's not a stretch to think she's a late-bloomer.
Nov 3, 2009 3:57 AM

Apr 2009
On a side note, since when does being called a virgin make it a fact? She didn't confirm it or anything. To me it just seemed like a sarcastic remark similar in meaning to 'don't waste your time waiting for this guy, there are plenty of others around' or something.
Nov 3, 2009 5:35 AM

May 2009
Ah, I'm not really liking this version of Hei.
But Suou is starting to be an interesting character.
I didn't like the idea of a new main character when I first heard of the second season, but now she's starting to pull her weight. I'm really liking her power, too.

Btw, nice belly-dancing in this ep lol.
And the smiling part was priceless.
Nov 3, 2009 7:56 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Hei_And_Ed_Lover said:
adamantine said:
Akagi said:
Shancakeschan said:
BRB LAUGHING FOREVER

HAHAHAHAHAH LMAO xD

I got pain in my heart :( I am anti-violent except when it involves between adults. Then bring it on you!

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 3, 2009 9:48 AM

Nov 2009
First two episodes were awesome! Darker than Black was (is) my favorite series! Then... I started to get really annoyed at Hei.... What's with him being so mean? He needs to shave, cut his hair, stop drinking, and get his contractor ability back!
(I do not really like Sou too much, so I dun mind her getting beat up. Just Hei was not so mean before... we was better in season 1... much better. Plus, he was a contracter then, and now that he can't send ten thousand volts through people is just annoying! Whyy D=)
Hei is way too changed for my liking, and Sou is incredibly annoying. Mainly because she seems to have stolen Hei's contractor power, and hates him, and thinks she ought to be the main character.
I'm not liking where this seems to be going.... But, I'm getting my hopes up for it getting much better! 'Cuz, I cannot stand Hei like he is, nor Sou. Trying to be the main character T_T
DtB is still the best though. Yeshhhh!!!
And Season two is still pretty cool!! =D

Do you not remember the epicness of Hei from Darker than Black?
Nov 3, 2009 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Hei_And_Ed_Lover said:
adamantine said:
Akagi said:
Shancakeschan said:
BRB LAUGHING FOREVER

HAHAHAHAHAH LMAO xD

I got pain in my heart :( I am anti-violent except when it involves between adults. Then bring it on you!

Serious?

Oh and also,

Didn't I read this like.. a few hourse ago? How come it's postet only a minute ago or so? O.o I'm confused right now ಠ_ಠ
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 3, 2009 2:50 PM

Apr 2009
Keldryc said:
First two episodes were awesome! Darker than Black was (is) my favorite series! Then... I started to get really annoyed at Hei.... What's with him being so mean? He needs to shave, cut his hair, stop drinking, and get his contractor ability back!
(I do not really like Sou too much, so I dun mind her getting beat up. Just Hei was not so mean before... we was better in season 1... much better. Plus, he was a contracter then, and now that he can't send ten thousand volts through people is just annoying! Whyy D=)
Hei is way too changed for my liking, and Sou is incredibly annoying. Mainly because she seems to have stolen Hei's contractor power, and hates him, and thinks she ought to be the main character.
I'm not liking where this seems to be going.... But, I'm getting my hopes up for it getting much better! 'Cuz, I cannot stand Hei like he is, nor Sou. Trying to be the main character T_T
DtB is still the best though. Yeshhhh!!!
And Season two is still pretty cool!! =D

Guess your not a fan of change then?

Hei is like he is because he has to be. If Sou doesnt get up to scratch, then he has to rely on his human instincts alone (which isnt liekly to be enough).
Nov 3, 2009 4:19 PM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
That's because this is an anime. Everyone looks young. Since she seemingly had a high ranking job, many, including myself, are led to believe that she is around her late twenties, if not older. But even if she isn't, she's clearly out of high school and college, where most people loose their virginity. It's not a stretch to think she's a late-bloomer.

Um... I don't think I know anyone who has lost their virginity before their mid 30's...

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 3, 2009 4:45 PM

Aug 2008
Really?
Well, now you know one.

edit:
Just saw you're from America. You have to have been lied to. At least one of your friends (maybe even your parents) lost their virginity well before 30.
Nov 3, 2009 6:55 PM

Sep 2009
i don't see why people are starting not to like Hei i mean come on he lost Yin for varies reasons and now he wants to kill her and the whole thing is making him depressed. Which, is why he's drowning his sorrows with booze.
And he's mistreating Suou because she's now a contractor and if she doesn't learn to control her powers and learn to fight then she'll just be killed or used (i think this part of Hei's kindness once again showing up)
Nov 3, 2009 7:41 PM

Jul 2008
Guess I'm one of those few people that actually prefers to see Hei portrayed like this. I think the semi-depressing state of Hei makes him more of a believable character, and it really shows how much Yin affected his life.

And I like how they made Suou more of the main character than Hei; it opens the world of DtB a bit more. Hei is kinda already set in peoples' minds, so now they have to learn to appeal (or not) to Suou.

Can't wait for the next episode. :)
Nov 4, 2009 12:32 AM
Nov 2008
Yin addected this life? It didn't look like that in the First Series. And she is a doll at least.
Well looks like I have to watch it again ^.^"
Nov 4, 2009 5:34 AM

Oct 2009
Did you guys see that Hei isn't (really) drunk even if he drinks all the time?
He's kind of became like Huang in this one xD
Nov 4, 2009 6:34 AM

Jul 2009
Woah..looks like everyone has their own opinions about season 2...
some say it's better by introducing a new,main character like suou while others just want the old Hei back..
well,i didnt really watched season 1(i skipped a few eps..lol),but it looks like hei was quite harsh on suou(especially when he slapped her). I loved the part where suou goes "I hate you"(even though she asked hei whether contractors have feelings)
Nov 4, 2009 5:02 PM

Nov 2008
Lots of lulz in this episode:
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Nov 4, 2009 7:12 PM

Jan 2008
ROFL...I found myself laughing hard at the belly dancing scene.

As for Hei, I don't find the depressed state of him annoying at all. Like others had said, it makes him a believable character. In short, he's human after all.

Hmm, love interest for Suou? I don't think it's really necessary at all.
Nov 5, 2009 3:50 PM

Sep 2009
Zepwich said:
Akagi said:
Shancakeschan said:

Make a gif!!

YES PLEEEEEASE.

The image was win enough, animated would add so much more. XD

Ten interwebs dollars that Hei abuses her more in the next episode too.
Nov 5, 2009 6:59 PM

Feb 2009
Funny episode, I laughed at the faces Suou made and July's forced smile was hilarious.

Can't wait to see what happened to Yin and what made Hei turn into what he's like right now.
Nov 6, 2009 5:24 AM

Jun 2009
This serie is just owning!
Nov 6, 2009 5:49 PM

Apr 2009
Meh...can't say I care much for Hei's new character. DtB in general is so... well, sideways about character development. It's like, oh, he's like this, but he's also like this, and this is what all these years did to him... and the (romantic?) relationship between Hei and Yin? I get that it's implied, but do you we actually see any concrete scenes that support it?

Romance in this series is also squicky. I thought they were in high school (15, 16, etc) and then the whole romance thing would've been okay ( at least, more acceptable..) But apparently they're in middle school. So, yeah, not many pairings that are possible without going into "child molestation" range. :P

EIDT: I must admit, Suou and July would be pretty cute. :)
MAL Book Club join if you like reading

Nov 7, 2009 3:47 AM

Jun 2008
i think suou is not a 'complete' contractor. a contractor would not hesitate to kill especially if it really benefits themselves. maybe a temp bit from the core thingy?? or a power transference fr hei??

did hei really lose his ability?
Nov 7, 2009 7:49 PM

Mar 2009
There are quite a few moments of comedy in this new Darker than Black, it kinda nullified the drama on this episode. Not that I'm complaining, actually I did enjoy 'em.

But I wonder if they're trying to make the show more attractive to other audiences that might had not enjoyed the first DTB.

Nov 8, 2009 1:49 PM

Aug 2009
Hei will bounce back but I'd say he's doing the be cruel to be kind thing. Suou needs to be taught how to be a contactor and how to protect herself. I dont think Hei wants to see another innocent contractor die.
Nov 10, 2009 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
Oh f*** this...

I lost my _______ (insert love interest, familiy member, house cat), now I am mean and I don't care for anything anymore and drown the pain with alcohol and slap children... *sob* sob* sob*

baah! -___-
Nov 12, 2009 3:40 AM

Dec 2007
Well the episode was pretty good I was laughing at quite a few moments in it. I actually don't think Hei is being really mean on purpose, I think he's just really coming across that way because he's trying to teach Suou fast because as it is right now she's the only one with contractor powers and so she's gonna have to get them out of situations if the need arises like it did before.
Nov 16, 2009 12:19 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm, maybe they'll say in later episodes but I wonder what Suou's star is.

And another thing that popped up in my head... How is Mao able to hold his personality and all his information in that body he's in? I would think there's not enough room.
WaffocopterNov 16, 2009 12:40 PM

Nov 22, 2009 7:36 PM

Aug 2009
hahhahah this is so fuckin funny, I love suo >u<

I hate misaki >>

"I want to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life"
Nov 30, 2009 4:39 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was so strange. It seemed to go back and forth between amusing and depressing every ten seconds. How am I supposed to feel about anything!

The enigma that is Hei is driving me crazy! He acts like such a jerk in this episode, but I can't help but wonder how much of it is acting. It's clear he's depressed about something related to Yin (of course we don't know what... UGH), and that he's become a perpetual drinker. But this is Hei... His odd wacky moments in this episode as well as his brief time in Li-kun mode make me think he's just playing the part of an abusive contractor-teacher. Why that is, of course, is unclear (as always). The Hei that I know from season one though would never be violent like this for no reason. In fact, Hei was always looking for ways to help the innocent, even when ordered not to - even when he'd be risking his own life in the process. I get that Hei's never was a goody-two-shoes, but there's got to be good reason for why Hei is acting so much crueler as of late.
At least I hope so! Otherwise I'll be upset.

On a different note, I do like how the plot is thickening with Kirihara a bit, and I like how Suou is fighting for the sake of her brother, much in the same way Hei fought for the sake of his sister in the first season. I think it's cute at least, though what the heck is up with Suou's brother - OF COURSE - I have no idea. XP
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2009 7:02 AM

Aug 2009
By the way in the first tree episodes they write the name of the anime in Russian with mistake. "Близнецы и иадующая звезда". But in this episode they corrected it. "Близнецы и падающая звезда" is the right version.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

209 by poging179 »»
Aug 15, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

673 by ChyllyWylly »»
Jul 20, 9:40 AM

» Is Season 2 worth watching?

Valantic - Sep 17, 2015

12 by Luciunsama »»
Jun 17, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.