Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 7, 9:06 AM

Aug 2024
As long as you don't make it weird for other people, no one's really gonna care.
Sep 7, 9:09 AM

Apr 2024
ElmoBoredAsf said:
I’m currently 15,
Never give your age on internet bro please
Currently madly in love with my babygirl Laura Kinney💛💛

Sep 7, 9:36 AM

Oct 2013
The only way to know if you'll still enjoy it is to keep watching and find out first hand.
Sep 7, 9:41 AM

May 2021
Well I never really found anime, even school themed anime to be relatable, even when I was 15 or 16 or 17. Now Im 18 and Im just watching them for fun. I don't picture myself in anime character's places. So far they are still enjoyable.
Sep 7, 9:44 AM

Jun 2024
Reply to Zakatsuki_
ElmoBoredAsf said:
I’m currently 15,
Never give your age on internet bro please
@Zakatsuki_ Why not? It's relevant to his inquiry.
Sep 7, 10:06 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to kutuya
@Zakatsuki_ Why not? It's relevant to his inquiry.
kutuya said:
Why not?
Internet is not a safe place

kutuya said:
It's relevant to his inquiry.
just say "i'm young"
Currently madly in love with my babygirl Laura Kinney💛💛

Sep 7, 10:11 AM
Jun 2022
I'm currently 17
I watched some anime in my childhood(2013) that used to come on television but started watching again in 2021 by literally just watching a reel from insta, that set a spark in me
and that was one of the best choices in my life and haven't dropped watching anime since and don't plan to
Sep 7, 10:11 AM
Nov 2012
ElmoBoredAsf said:
**this is off-topic from the anime**
I’m currently 15, and im curious that do people still consistently watch anime when they get older ? Like I properly got into anime at 13 but im wondering when im older will i still actually enjoy it as much im rn. The other thing im really curious about is romance anime and especially the school based or younger character based genres, I may be similar to the characters ages rn but supposedly when u turn 19 or 20 do watching these genres become weird for people.
(Not wanting to hate or anything, just genuinely wanting to know)

I am 44 , and I am still watching . It's less now but still I enjoy it
Sep 7, 10:27 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Been watching for over 20 years now, nothing will stop me from watching an enjoying anime. Despite age catching up, I'd say f*ck taking a powerwalk, give me my anime instead.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Sep 7, 10:41 AM

Feb 2014
I am 44 , and I am still watching and enjoy it. I just completed NANA because I have the time and it's really good.
“When people see some things as beautiful, other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good, other things become bad.”
Sep 7, 2:25 PM
Jul 2024
I didnt get into anime until about 2020 and I'm 37; I got into it due to media in the US felt watered down in the midst of the current social climate.

All I watch is romance and or drama whether it's in a high school setting or not and I dont feel weird, I even have two kids. Anyone should watch what they want at any age.
Sep 7, 3:33 PM

Aug 2011
I started when I was 13 too, and yes, I still watch anime consistently (I'm almost 40 now). Usually at least a few episodes in an average day. Not the last few days, since I'm camping and going to some theme parks, but on a normal day, I almost always watch at least some anime and read some manga. I still genuinely enjoy it.

I love finding a good anime featuring adult characters, but I still like anime featuring kids and teens as much as I did when I was younger.
Sep 7, 4:35 PM
May 2020
Reply to aurora_yuuki
@alpo42ab Damn, you turned 70 yesterday. HBD, old man. Still going strong, are we?
@aurora_yuuki The rumours about my demise are greatly exaggerated. Keep your spine strong young dragon!
Sep 7, 5:12 PM
Only in Ohio

Oct 2018
I’ve been watching anime to some degree since the late 1970’s. Actually watching more now & a greater variety than at any other point in my life. Even if I eventually l lose interest in seasonals, still got a sizable collection to revisit.
Sep 7, 7:18 PM

Feb 2021
I started watching anime religiously about the same age as you and still am to this day. Though I have a lot more things to get done every day so I don't watch as many now, it's still an enjoyable hobby for me.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 7, 7:52 PM

Dec 2012
I am still watching anime in my 40s so yeah.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Sep 7, 8:28 PM

Dec 2020
I started really watching anime when I was like 16-17 (like mid 2020) and I still enjoy it as much if not more. It really depends for every person but as an advice I would tell you to just watch what makes you happy and don't try to force yourself to watch things you don't really like. Also, whenever you feel burned from too much content just leave it for a while and don't force yourself to watch episodes when you don't feel like it.
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
- Maho Hiyajo (Steins;Gate 0)
Sep 7, 9:07 PM

Jul 2024
My love for anime has stayed strong over 26 years!
Many people continue to enjoy anime well into adulthood. In fact, anime viewership spans across all age groups. For example, a survey found that 42% of Gen Z and 25% of Millennials watch anime weekly.

among older generations like me, anime has a significant following just look at the age of the people who posts on these forums .

As for why i still and always will enjoy it, anime often offers rich storytelling, complex characters, and unique art styles that appeal to me and viewers of all ages.
The themes and emotions explored in anime can be universally relatable, making it enjoyable regardless of age.

Regarding romance anime and school-based genres, it’s not unusual for adults to enjoy these genres. These stories explore themes of growth, relationships, and self-discovery, which resonate with viewers of any age.

Feeling connected to the characters’ experiences is a testament to the quality of the storytelling of the anime.

It’s important to remember that enjoying these genres doesn’t make anyone weird. Many adults like me appreciate the nostalgia and emotional depth these anime offer.
Plus, anime is a diverse medium with something for everyone, so it’s perfectly normal to have varied tastes.
Sep 7, 9:12 PM
Jan 2021
28 year old here, I've been watching anime since I was 15 and have only come to love it even more as time goes by. I'm also a huge Romance/Drama anime fan and I still love the genre just as much as ever. I Even still love the younger themed romcom shows like Teasing Master Takagi-san and My Clueless First Friend. The only thing that starts to get kinda of weird as you get older is are more sexual gags. It's less creepy when you're 16 watching a character of the same age have some ecchi shit happen to them, but at 28 seeing that it's definitely awkward. Like I made it through the few small gags in Too Many Losing Heroines but I'm not touching that new Russian Girl RomCom show with a 10ft pole I saw a few clips and was genuinely creeped out by some of the scenarios.
Sep 7, 9:26 PM

Apr 2015
I am 28 and have been watching anime since childhood and I will keep watching until I am no longer alive.
Sep 7, 9:53 PM
bunny

Oct 2023
i'm 22, i don't watch as much anime as i used to when i was younger but i still occasionally watch it. nowadays i prefer to read visual novels instead
Sep 7, 10:47 PM

Jan 2020
As someone that started anime at 13 and still watches anime at 24, yes I still watch anime and still planning to watch a lot more.

MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Sep 7, 10:56 PM

Feb 2020
I think I could never stop watching anime. :3

Sep 7, 11:02 PM

Dec 2014
I have been watching since I was 19. I am now 29 and have no plan of stopping to watch anime. I still watch many school anime, but I also enjoy more physiological and mystery anime than 10 years ago.
Sep 7, 11:10 PM

Jul 2023
I started watching Dragon Ball when I was 4 and began my journey which led up to where I am now. I turned 18 last month and my feelings for anime have only further been affirmed throughout the years. If you’re the same, it shouldn’t change much.

As for romance anime, it really just depends if you like the genre because you can base it off of your own life, or if you just genuinely like the high school romance genre. A lot of grown ups love to watch high school K-Dramas despite having a job and kids.
It'll all be okay in the end. If you're not okay, it's not the end.
Yesterday, 3:15 AM

Apr 2011
I'm 48, been watching anime for 40+ years.
Yesterday, 3:54 AM

Jun 2024
I am now a twenty-seven years old and I have a Job and watching anime so don't worry mostly adult are still watching anime.
Yesterday, 4:38 AM
Aug 2024
Well, it's really deep question to be hones. when you get older the tensions and responsibilities increases. Be it study, work, or other dreams. One does'nt have the constant free time to watch anime. Also the interests grow as well, people starts to like other stuffs as well such as Footbal, Cricket, Boxing etc.

So it does'nt feel good as your feeling it right now ! this is just my personal experience and opinion
Yesterday, 4:38 AM

Dec 2022
I don't think it's something where you really should be thinking about whether or not you do it consistently. It's a form of entertainment and people have stages where they're more into one thing and then they fancy something else more temporarily. I have gone through years when I watched maybe like 20 episodes the whole year, but it didn't mean anything had changed for me, I was just too deep into some other rabbit holes. For a lot of people, entertainment is a cyclical thing where they cycle through different short phases, sometimes adding completely new things to the wheel.

So if you see you haven't watched anime for months, it may make you think if that means something. Most likely, it doesn't mean anything. Nothing has changed, you just did other things. One day you will stumble on something that makes you want to watch some anime, or you get a small sliver of nostalgia, and you'll watch something again. Maybe just one series will fill your appetite for that moment, maybe you'll enter a phase where you binge a ton of stuff, who knows.
Yesterday, 5:17 AM
Apr 2024
ig i still watch anime because its js a good way to relieve stress and take a break from school and other problems i have
Yesterday, 6:48 AM
Oct 2022
Dude I’m super old and still watch all the time and even enjoy watching with my daughters (15 and 19) who both love anime and manga as much as I do. If you enjoy doing something and it brings happiness why would you give it up? I could less what other people think and I don’t look down on anyone for their hobbies or what brings them happiness. Life’s too short to worry about such things. 😊
Yesterday, 7:26 AM

Mar 2016
Starting watching anime back in 2004-2005 or so, been watching ever since.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Jan 2016
So, I’ve watched anime since I was a kid, and now, in my 20s, I still enjoy it—though, as you mentioned, work and other hobbies tend to take up more time. While my likes for anime hasn't disappeared, my preferences have shifted. I now gravitate toward mangas.
Yesterday, 8:55 AM

Aug 2024
In my 20s and still enjoy watching anime, even if I am reading more manga nowadays. I still enjoy romance anime/manga in school settings.
HattoriSoulYesterday, 9:02 AM
Yesterday, 9:05 AM
Feb 2021
I turn 19 in a month. Still going strong! Haven't gotten as much free time to sit through 20 episodes a day like I did when I was 12, but anime is still my absolute fave.

I dunno about others, but when it comes to what I watch, I'm no prude. High school-based anime are still just fine. My taste's changed since I started watching anime so I don't really watch a lot of those nowadays, but it's not because they're 'weird', and moreso cause they bore me now.

The adult you is still you — you're not suddenly gonna grow out of everything you know and love. Haven't you seen all those 30-somethings still playing games?
Yesterday, 9:32 AM

Aug 2010
I started watching anime consistently since I was 14 and it's been 15 years now. I slowed down, and stopped watching at one point. I came back watching again slowly and now I am watching consistently again. When I first got back watching (mid 20s), it was a bit harder to watch those romance school anime/manga because I just can't resonate with them. I enjoy them again now, I guess I just get used to it again and seeing them from a different perspective than when I was younger.
10 hours ago

Mar 2023
ElmoBoredAsf said:
**this is off-topic from the anime**
I’m currently 15, and im curious that do people still consistently watch anime when they get older ? Like I properly got into anime at 13 but im wondering when im older will i still actually enjoy it as much im rn. The other thing im really curious about is romance anime and especially the school based or younger character based genres, I may be similar to the characters ages rn but supposedly when u turn 19 or 20 do watching these genres become weird for people.
(Not wanting to hate or anything, just genuinely wanting to know)

I started watching anime around when I was 11 and now I'm almost 20, if you enjoy watching it then keep watching it. Young or Old doesn't matter as long as you're enjoying the ride.
9 hours ago

May 2018
"that do people still consistently watch anime when they get older"

I guess different strokes for different people. As teenager I was aiming for more serious and meaningful titles and didn't see a point in daily life shows. Nowadays (51M) I am more into silly and nonsensical stuff which relaxes me and even discovered some daily life anime which are great fun to watch.
For example yesterday I picked up Akazukin Chacha which I wouldn't even consider when I was 15. The animation it's kind of minimalistic and the jokes aren't that funny (a lot of bad puns), but the VA's are killing it and this is enough for me.

With the time I started to dislike melodrama and pseudo serious stuff (like 86 and AnoHana), also discovered that battle shounen (and by proxy sport shounen) bores me in the long run. But more importantly I learned that hype can ruin many of the more subtle stories or give you a burn out for the stories which are supposed to be enhanced by it.
5 hours ago
May 2021
your tastes change back in the day I was ur average emo boy that loved those ecchi anime but now I'm always finding myself to enjoy anime with more deeper meanings and anime that hot close to real life. My most recent experience with an anime like this was Frieren.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Pick any anime from your Favorites and comment the first thing you would do in that world

IpreferEcchi - Aug 24

40 by RainyEvenings »»
43 seconds ago

Poll: » Anime series or Anime Movies and which one impacts you the most?

RainyEvenings - Yesterday

11 by Scavendgarr »»
2 minutes ago

» How much does Anime Controversy affect your enjoyment of the show? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Aug 28

72 by kutuya »»
4 minutes ago

» Dragon Ball Sub Vs Dub Which is Better?

Ahmad_Sahil_ - 11 hours ago

20 by BigBoyAdvance »»
5 minutes ago

» JRPG baiting in anime

Anjuro - 28 minutes ago

6 by Frumptastic »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.