Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 25, 10:03 PM

Jan 2020
Yuyuichi said:
Peak Wednesday is back!

Good thing that both Abiko and Goa finally got along quite well and were able to work together effectively, it was heartwarming to see them laughing together. It's obvious that a more direct line of communication has resolved all issues.

Now that the script writing is complete, it is all up to the actors. The actors will bring their full potential to this well-written script. If the stage-play fails, the fault lies with the actors this time.

The method of acting that Kana told Aqua about can be quite unhealthy.
God... the ptsd scene was well done... the animation... they cooked!
Seeing Aqua's reaction and the flood of sad memories returning, hit me hard.

And Akane pieced everything together and figured it out. Understanding Aqua's situation, she quickly embraced him. It was a heartwarming scene with Akane wanting to support Aqua.

This episode goes hard. Thanks for the meal.

Akane long hair suppremacy.

Too bad Akane cut her hair now. She looks terrible with short hair. Only Kana can pull that look off imo
Jul 25, 10:08 PM

Jan 2020
I swear I’m not gay, but seeing Aqua smile was sweet. Too bad it barely lasted…
Jul 25, 11:29 PM
Feb 2024
LITERALLY PEAK.. ANIME OF THE YEAR IF I MUST SAY.. AKA SENSEI COOKED SO HARD WITH THIS MASTERPIECE
Jul 25, 11:35 PM
May 2017
great episode fr fr
Jul 26, 12:09 AM
Jun 2021
This episode is peak!!
Jul 26, 1:09 AM

Apr 2023
Wow! Kana unknowingly pulled the pin on a grenade 😳

Now knowing Aqua's feelings when he lost Ai made me understand his thirst for revenge. He blames himself for not being able to save her, I could almost feel that PTSD myself...

Lucky for him he has Akane, she's a big brain, but her heart is really big, she has a lot of empathy.
Jul 26, 3:46 AM
Jul 2024
best episode of the season so far. Akane could crack the Kira case in a week
Jul 26, 5:41 AM

Mar 2015
Now imagine what will happen with Aqua on stage with Akane being aware and the ability to trigger him.
Jul 26, 7:12 AM
Apr 2022
First really good episode of the season because it showed more of the characters rather than just the media industry
Jul 26, 8:36 AM

Nov 2017
GOA & Abiko finally settled up, and damn Gotanda had something "sus" on one of his folder haha
Jul 26, 9:51 AM

May 2021
Kana, this may not be the flex that you think it is.

Also, we as viewers know there's nothing sus but imagine if someone were to go through Gotanda's PC for whatever reason and come across a folder named after a minor.

Jul 26, 12:02 PM
Dec 2023
Delete this! AND this! How about this?! Broski straight up deleted the entire script. Still a great episode though towards the end.
Jul 26, 12:15 PM
Aug 2020
cool animation and dat flashbackl scnene thop
Jul 26, 4:37 PM

Nov 2023
I felt really sorry that Aqua only uses Akane for his own purposes, especially given how kind hearted she is. :c
Jul 26, 5:59 PM
Apr 2014
Reply to Hoshi_Iishraq
That PTSD scene got everyone including Aqua off-guard, I believe everyone who watched episode 1 ending still has the PTSD of Ai's death.

Arima Kana trying to help Aqua in emotional acting back-fired as she reminded him about Ai's death.

Oh Man this scene where his spirit speaking to him brought me chills.

Akane connecting all the dots was something from the word "Ai".
Hoshi_Iishraq said:

That scene was too damn powerful.
Jul 26, 6:02 PM

Aug 2020
The play will finally keep going now... Aqua and his past would surface sooner or later.

Jul 26, 6:02 PM
Apr 2014
Reply to Animillion
I swear I’m not gay, but seeing Aqua smile was sweet. Too bad it barely lasted…
@Animillion
Animillion said:
seeing Aqua smile was sweet

I have no idea how the manga went, and I don't want to know it. But I oh so hope she gets a fair chance..
Jul 26, 8:58 PM

Aug 2014
Finally something about death of AI... that names above Aqua and Hoshino on the pc must mean something
even if that part with the play was good and short this time, the previous episodes were kinda boring..
also good that Akane solved the puzzle ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 26, 11:05 PM
Jun 2024
Ti wafasmdgaFNbbnszfnsxmgjhdc,jhlhytjkl dmhjdg
Jul 27, 5:20 AM
Oct 2023
Omg what an episode, the scene where akane almost peices togehter aqua's past had me SHOOK
Jul 27, 7:10 AM
Jun 2007
That PTSD dark scene really haunts everyone :(.
Akane being the "best" gf eh
Jul 27, 9:01 AM

Oct 2016
Such a heart wrenching episode! The visuals for PTSD and showing what happens whenever Aqua just tries to be happy was terrifying. I still got goosebumps. And I’m really impressed that Akane put everything together. (10/10)
Jul 27, 3:45 PM
Dec 2022
Actually i loved how it talked about trauma and all, it was a pretty and a touching episode
Jul 27, 4:51 PM
Dec 2017
Great visual depiction of PTSD! This episode helps bring back the main plot of why Aqua's even doing all this in the first place. We mustn't forget the big picture that it all started from Ai's murder.
Jul 27, 4:55 PM
Oct 2019
Phenomenal episode, what they elevated from the manga is crazy, that was a sparkle in the eyes, how perfect, incredible, I was moved and I'm very hopeful for the end of the season
Jul 27, 6:18 PM
Jun 2021
Its a masterpiece, a really great episode and an impeccable season so far. It's incredible how with every episode I become more curious about this world and its characters.
Jul 27, 6:56 PM
Feb 2024
panic attack go crazy
Jul 27, 7:04 PM

May 2023
Kana suddenly gave PTSD and very good advice at the same time.

so in this episode we are told that Aqua is not allowed to have fun in his life he will continue to get that PTSD every time he feels happy. and also I like Akane who immediately matches what she already knows about Ai and Aqua's relationship, Akane if she becomes a detective she is very suitable for that job.
NezuSwallowtail_Jul 30, 8:40 AM
Jul 27, 10:04 PM

Jan 2017
Just wanna say that I love Arima Kana sooooooo much! 😭❤️️
Jul 28, 1:32 AM
Jul 2024
I can feel that Aqua will deliver some big emotional acting later on.
Jul 28, 2:46 AM
Nov 2019
Team akane, best girl!!!! Yeeey!!!
Jul 28, 5:14 AM

Apr 2013
So Akane finally caught up with Aqua's story, I still like her better than Arima.
Jul 28, 5:32 AM
Apr 2021
A beautiful episode. With a great emotional charge. One of the best I've seen this week.
Jul 28, 7:56 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Yup, Akane figure it out. Even if she wouldn't believe it considering how tragic it is, that's exactly what happened and while Aqua doesn't know that she got it nor Arima that her method triggered it, the scene becomes that mroe conspicuous. On a brighter note, Goa is back on the job as the inexperienced mangaka realized that the task wasn't up to what she thought it would be. Creative jobs huh.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 28, 8:58 AM
Jan 2022
ok this ep was so good, we got to see the motivation kicking in aqua after a long time and the story moving forward before this ep I feel all the ep of S02 are filler, like to take information out of a director u don't have to work with him 2 or 3 months it can be done in 2 to 3 min just ask that's all but non the less the writer wanted to to be like this slow and growing then that's it but I wouldn't complain about the story the S02 is covering i really like a deep dive on the manga and overall entertainment industry of Japan whatsoever......
Jul 28, 9:33 AM
Aug 2019
NASIL YAPTINIZ NASIL
Jul 28, 11:55 AM

Mar 2013
WHEN THE GHOST OF HIS PAST SELF APPEARED AFTER HE SMILED I GOT CHILLS.
that was SOOO well done. I haven't read the manga, but god I bet those fans were screeching. That especially with the music and that amazing voice actor drew that from the page. I feel like you can't capture that depth of fear and emotion on paper this was an anime > manga scene aaaaaa
Can someone whose read it tell me (WOTHOUT SPOILERS PLS) I
f that's on the nose or not?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 28, 1:00 PM

Mar 2010
Finally getting back to da original premise, no hate but these theatre stuff is kinda lagging/dragging like bruh we need more idol stuff or at least more murder detective stuff.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 28, 1:48 PM
Jun 2024
i will wait for next episodes
Jul 28, 1:58 PM
Jan 2024
Aqua scene is briliant
Jul 28, 4:30 PM
Oct 2021
Akane was a 10/10 the whole backstory and trauma went so perfect
Jul 28, 9:46 PM
Sep 2015
The second half of the episode hit so hard! I was enjoying the screenwriting story line (info about the details of such things are always so interesting to me), but Aqua's flashback really took me to why I got hooked in the first place. It was so great to see how Ai's death still impacts him and not ignoring the immense trauma that came from it. The visuals and the music made it so unnerving. Also, Akane once again shows how incredibly smart she is by connecting the dots just from Aqua saying Ai's name (her visuals are a bit unnerving too). Aqua wanting to hide his trauma from Ruby makes me wonder if she still experiences anything similar, though some of the visuals in the opening make me think that her story line isn't going to be entirely happy-go-lucky. I'm so intrigued for where we go from here, with not just the stage show but learning more about the director and what Akane will do with that information (I haven't read the manga). This was definitely my favorite episode of the season so far!
Jul 28, 11:29 PM
Mar 2023
somethings up with the chainsmoker fellow
Jul 29, 4:12 AM
Sep 2022
good episode, i think that Akane may be able to solve the mystery at this rate
Jul 29, 9:15 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The making of best girl?
Jul 29, 2:26 PM

Apr 2016
this episode pierced through my heart

Jul 29, 6:06 PM

Nov 2017
Man, this anime is a big deal. Every time you really feel it.

So deep and heavy, it's like perfectly produced. I'm glad they made this.
Jul 30, 4:53 AM
Feb 2015
The bass hitting it different this episode, it align perfectly with the trauma backstory. I like the ending song
Jul 30, 5:05 AM
Feb 2023
Amazing episode!
Jul 30, 6:42 AM
Oct 2012
Reply to Hoshi_Iishraq
That PTSD scene got everyone including Aqua off-guard, I believe everyone who watched episode 1 ending still has the PTSD of Ai's death.

Arima Kana trying to help Aqua in emotional acting back-fired as she reminded him about Ai's death.

Oh Man this scene where his spirit speaking to him brought me chills.

@Hoshi_Iishraq This! I was totally taken off gaurd by it and I think how it was done was brilliant as it filled me with the same anxiety Aqua was probably feeling in that moment.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ricky16 - Aug 28

161 by Holm27 »»
50 minutes ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nirererin - Aug 21

222 by Nikmomo93 »»
10 hours ago

» No new episode next week

Dbagas8 - Aug 28

28 by Rinrinka »»
Yesterday, 8:55 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ricky16 - Aug 14

169 by Comander-07 »»
Aug 30, 2:03 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 17

161 by Mr_Okarin »»
Aug 30, 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.