Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « First ... « 30 31 [32]
Feb 16, 7:15 PM
Jul 2023
Damn, this story seems mature
- W opening song
- A world where humans are in fact not at the top of the food chain, and have to cower from the world. Interesting
- Drinking on the job, L
- That poor mother finding out her son died for nothing.... really sets the tone of this series
- Eren wants to join the Survey core. I wonder if thats where the show will take us, i bet he wants revenge
- Why did that 50+ meter titan just spawn in from lighting? I wonder if its just gonna be blown off or maybe it's the antagonist?
- The town people were crushed and eaten by pieces of the wall and titans... Brutal
- That smiling titan was terrifying, id run too.
Mar 8, 12:56 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Blitrapika
The mother getting devoured by the titan was heartwrenching
@Blitrapika yeah fuck... I wanna fucking tear that smiling mouth open
Mar 21, 4:11 PM
Mar 2024
I don't like this shit
Apr 9, 12:54 AM
Jun 2023
amazing i just don't know what to say this manga is perfect
Apr 30, 6:54 AM
Apr 2022
After I dropped it I'm rewatching it again. It's a masterpiece
May 19, 10:59 AM
Feb 2024
very good, loved the opening
Jun 10, 7:55 AM

Jun 2022
well , dropped once . back to give it couple more episodes.
Jun 16, 7:44 AM
Dec 2019
What an amazing first episode. Instagram is flooded with tons of low effort anime top 10 pages but this one really does earn its place in those "Best first episode" lists.
Jun 19, 9:51 AM
Jun 2024
i couldnt get into it
Jul 18, 11:24 PM

Dec 2022
Aight time to give this a go and hopefully I can finish this first season in 2 or less than 3 days given how many animes I'm watching currently lol.

First episode was a bop can't wait for another yuh.

Jul 22, 10:09 PM
Oct 2019
rewatching the first few seasons in order to refresh myself before all of the "final" and "final final, i really mean it this time. it's the final" seasons that have released the last couple years

and jesus christ, i hate eren. i remember disliking him when i watched previously, but god damnit, the hatred has not gone away. fantastic story, with a truly miserable MC
Aug 4, 8:59 PM
Jul 2024
**Review of Attack on Titan Season 1, Episode 1: "To You, in 2,000 Years: The Fall of Shiganshina – Part 1"**

*Attack on Titan* opens with an intense and gripping debut that sets the tone for a harrowing tale of survival and loss. Episode 1, titled "To You, in 2,000 Years: The Fall of Shiganshina – Part 1," does an exceptional job of immersing viewers into its dark and compelling world.

We begin by meeting Eren Yeager and his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman as they return from collecting wood. Their encounter with Hannes, a drunk guard, introduces a touch of levity amidst the episode's unfolding gravity. Hannes' casual demeanor contrasts sharply with the dire events soon to unfold. Eren's father, a respected doctor, is briefly mentioned, hinting at a deeper mystery surrounding him. Eren’s desire to join the Scout Regiment underscores his determination and sets the stage for his future conflicts.

The episode effectively builds the world by explaining the existence of the three concentric walls—Maria, Rose, and Sina—which protect humanity from the Titans outside. This world-building is crucial for understanding the fragile sanctuary in which the characters live.

The scene where Eren and Mikasa see the defeated and disheartened Scout Regiment return is particularly poignant. It foreshadows the struggles and the grim reality of the outside world, heightening the tension as we witness the sudden and catastrophic appearance of the Colossal Titan. The Colossal Titan’s appearance, marked by its terrifying ability to breach the wall and allow other Titans into the city, is both shocking and awe-inspiring. The animation here is strikingly detailed, enhancing the sense of dread.

The music in this episode is another standout feature. It weaves seamlessly into the narrative, amplifying the emotional weight of each scene. The orchestral score heightens the tension and adds depth to the characters' experiences.

The sequence where Eren and Mikasa return home to find Eren's mother trapped under rubble is heart-wrenching. Hannes’ arrival offers a glimmer of hope, but his fear and ultimate retreat from the Titan, coupled with his attempt to save the children, reflect the stark reality of the threat they face. The moment when Eren's mother is killed and eaten by a Titan is particularly devastating. It’s a powerful, emotional scene that leaves a lasting impact on viewers.

Overall, the first episode of *Attack on Titan* sets an exceptionally high bar. The characters of Eren and Mikasa are engaging, showing great promise for their development. Armin, while portrayed as timid, is endearing and hints at growth. Hannes' character, though initially appearing cowardly, demonstrates courage in protecting the children, adding a nuanced layer to his role.

The animation is impressive, especially the detailed rendering of the Titans and the expressive eyes of the characters. The music enhances the dramatic moments, making the episode’s emotional highs and lows even more impactful.

In summary, "To You, in 2,000 Years: The Fall of Shiganshina – Part 1" is a masterful introduction to *Attack on Titan*. With its compelling characters, intense drama, and high production values, it earns a solid 5/5. The episode grips the viewer from the start and promises an unforgettable journey ahead.
Aug 14, 6:40 AM
Jul 2024
In my life time i hadnt watched such a good first cap of any serie including none-anime tv shows.
This cap made me feel things i hadnt felt before.
Sep 2, 12:56 PM
Mar 2023
Well that's a way to start an anime
Pages (32) « First ... « 30 31 [32]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.