Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (36) « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 »
Jan 17, 2023 7:19 AM
Feb 2019
I'll give it a 9/10 because some of the scenes are quite emotional, but without reason about some side characters disappearing is really frustrating.
Feb 4, 2023 1:53 PM
Jul 2022
Really great end to an overall amazing series!
Feb 11, 2023 8:38 AM

Mar 2018
Pretty Sad good ending ;), the way they talk about life is very emotional. 😊
Feb 13, 2023 5:48 AM

Aug 2014
I can see why Angel Beats is loved by many. I can also see why Angel Beats is also disliked by many. 

It has a captivating atmosphere, kinda like the high-quality that you see in anime movies. You can really tell that PA Works brought its movie budget for this anime in each episode.  

It has a character that resembles Haruhi, so thats gonna create a plus for many.  The male MC is fun to follow around. 

It has a large cast, to keep you interested with many of them at the same time and never making you bored

I really liked how the anime said that romance is not allowed, because if you fall in love, then youll never want to leave this "AfterWorld"

It also makes sure to be lively and to never be slow-paced.  Again, Angel Beats shines because it makes sure to never be dull, and the sentimental moments are a hit. 

However, The comedy can be a hit with many, However, the comedy can also be a miss with many.  

With all that said, nice job by Maeda and PA Works

oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 12:38 AM
Feb 15, 2023 4:16 AM
Feb 2023
gayet güzel yani
Feb 18, 2023 11:46 PM
Apr 2022
honestly, i find ep10 much sadder than this one. i didn't find graduation that sad. i mean, u gotta go when u gotta go.

maybe the fact when Otonashi said the unexpected i love u to kanede and she responded with just thank you for your organ transplant. guess i felt sad for him at that part.

anyway, AngelBeats is 7/10 for me.
Mar 13, 2023 6:51 PM
Feb 2021
Aight man, I've gotta be realistic here, if helping people is what fulfills Otonashi, then surely he would be happy that Kanade can move on right? No He's crying because he loved her and wanted to spend the rest of his life/afterlife with her. Even still, he waits for the next batch of dead people right? No, he gets reincarnated to be with Kanade. Why/how? Because that's the way to manipulate the audience into crying more. Like fuck off with this shit. I can almost excuse the plot making zero fucking sense if the characters and their interactions were at least thematically appropriate, but they're not. The only remotely well written character was Hinata, and his story got fucked by the cartoon character that is Yui. Man, this show was so damn disappointing. Like, there were legitimately good parts, but they were all mostly backstory or the occasional interaction between Otonashi and Kanade. Like even though Otonashi and Kanade were the emotional lynchpin for this story, they hardly interacted. Not to mention that Yuri's character was completely unresolved, as we don't know if she killed herself or what. This show is just baffling to me. Like I really really wanted to like it, and I still think the concept and core characters could make a really interesting story, but nothing connects at all. The characters are all or nothing with their development and theres no subtle moments at all. Overall, this shit just sucks and idk why people like it
Mar 14, 2023 5:52 PM
Jan 2023
why it gotta do that to me though
Mar 22, 2023 2:17 PM

Dec 2022
Definitely a good series. It didn't allocate enough time to characterisation and worldbuilding as I would've liked due to the flippant pacing, but the main characters had appreciable depth to them, the humour was usually fun enough, animation was fantastic, and the last episode didn't leave me underwhelmed. Kanade is also cute, which is a plus. Angel Beats would benefit from 24 episodes, I believe that.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 7, 2023 11:22 AM
Apr 2023
This is the first anime that made me cry- I'm not here to spoil anything but the ending was just so sad
Apr 11, 2023 3:41 PM
Aug 2022
oh my dear god, that was cringe af. lmfao, what was that, omg, that was terrrible.

Apr 11, 2023 3:45 PM
Aug 2022
bitch why are you there if you've given life already? what kind of a weird god is that sending you back and forth? 
Apr 19, 2023 3:10 PM
Apr 2023
Wonderful, made me cry-
Wish the show had continued.
Apr 21, 2023 1:08 AM
May 2021
Ok this series was good but they didn't showed backstory of lots of characters, many things remained a mystery like who is the developer?? it was really rushed at the end.
Apr 23, 2023 7:31 AM
Aug 2021
One of the most wholesome anime I have ever seen. I picked it up with no expectations, but after watching it I am surely gonna recommend it to many others.
Apr 24, 2023 11:26 AM
Mar 2023
Uh, this anime really shattered me. The first half of the anime was absolutely amazing but the ending felt a bit off to me. The key moment for me was when Iwasawa disappeared. I immediately thought that in the end all the characters should go the same way, and the main characters should go the last.

Couldn’t help but shipped Otonashi with Yuri, Kanade just felt more like secondary character. The perfect ending for me would be if Otonashi & Yuri remained the last of their gang, had a brief romantic moment and then disappeared together at exactly the same moment. And well… it happened to be totally different, Otonashi’s confession to Kanade and him staying in the world for longer just felt a bit random.

Agree that the anime would benefit from 20+ episode length, but I’d prefer if it remained 13-episode but the story at the second half was more simplistic and focused on characters’ souls and them spending time together. That suddenly thrown in action with shadows and computer villainous guy felt kinda unnecessary.

Anyway, still a very special and unforgettable show, visuals and music are just amazing. Though I hate how Yuri was abruptly thrown off at the end, the ending is still nice in its own way.

9/10

Upd: bumped to 10 — the bad moments are fading away, but the soundtrack is so fire I still listen to it. I’m yet to find an anime as striking as this one
il887Jul 6, 2023 3:07 AM
Apr 26, 2023 9:51 PM

Dec 2012
Even remembering the ending, it still felt like a sucker punch during that final moment between Yuzuru & Kanade. The whole graduation ceremony had me feeling nostalgic & sentimental, especially since I first saw this not long after my own high school graduation. It helped me make peace with some of my own lingering regrets about the darker moments during my time in high school. If such an afterlife existed, I probably wouldn't need to go there after seeing this.

While rough around the edges, Angel Beats still delivers a heartfelt message about making peace with one's lot in life. Although I do feel better now that I've finally watched it again, I still stand by my main critique that Angel Beats needed to be longer to fully convey the emotions driving it. The potential was undeniably there, as was showcased when Yuzuru's backstory was fleshed out into perhaps the most awe inspiring moment of the entire show. It was also great when an entire episode went to helping Yui pass on. I just wish the care & setup that went into the best moments had been more consistent, which would have undeniably been possible if this had been closer to 20-24 episodes.

But I won't bemoan this point too much and I'm still grateful for the role Angel Beats has played in my anime watching experience. At a point where I thought I had grown out of anime, I gave this a chance on a whim and it was enough to remind me of the uplifting joy that this medium continues to deliver.

Updating my score from 7/10 to 8/10.
ZekkenshinApr 26, 2023 9:55 PM
Apr 28, 2023 12:57 PM

Jul 2022
Otonashi's expression were 10/10, I've never seen anyone reacted better than that, what a plot twist!, even the main character Otonashi dissapeared as well off screen, and reincarnated with Kanade, though besides the main characters, we never get to see other's back story and some question were remained unanswered, who excatly is T.K? and what was the backstory of Shiina, Noda, Yui and the others?
May 15, 2023 10:04 PM

Jun 2017
It's 10/10 score for me! What can I say? I'm completely hopeless when it comes to bittersweet endings!

Am I the only one who thought that Kanade was only a child? All throughout the story, I didn't realize that she was just a petite young woman! My heart felt torn apart when Otonashi realized he was no longer hugging Kanade. 😭😭

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 19, 2023 10:43 PM

Dec 2021
Okay, I watched all the episodes in 2 non-consecutive days, so I'll dump all my thoughts here. First, I've never seen anything from PA Works before, but this definitely gives me a good first impression of their overall production quality. Animation is solid, art style isn't bad. Everything on this front is pretty decent.

Audio wise, everythings good here too. Non-vocal songs are all really nice on the ears, though the stuff with vocals here just don't jive with my preferences. Voice acting (In Japanese) is also fine, though I'm not really able to judge the overall quality of voice acting beyond it either being bad, really bad, or not bad. The last scene had excellent voice work especially.

Writing wise, though... eugh... I gotta stop watching these Key adaptations, they just don't do much for me. Every character "death" left me feeling indifferent, which is pretty bad. I barely remember Kanon (The Toei one, that is. I dropped the Kyoto Ani adaptation real quick once I saw it was more of the same), but characters vanishing the way they did there had absolutely no impact on anything for me. I just kinda felt like by the end, I wasted my time. I feel the same way here. I don't care about any of these characters, even with their backstories layed out one-by-one (Well, with the exception of the characters they off-screened instead of fleshing out). Even that ending, I just... don't feel much of anything. Must have been incredibly impactful for a good amount of people, but I guess I just don't have a heart.

Comedy... nothing from me. Maybe a smirk at best, but overall just nothing. I couldn't pad this part out any further if I tried. Maybe the later parts got a little more enjoyable, but it's not enough.

I could've written about the characters themselves, but I really don't care at this point. After episode 3, this anime felt more like a chore to watch than something actually enjoyable. At this point, I'm done watching anything Key, stuff just ain't meant for me. If you liked it, good for you, and if not, uh... hi? Oh yeah, arbitrary number... uh.. 5.9/10 (Not interesting = boring, boring = bad, bad = less than 6), since I guess PA Works tried their best here, instead of just shitting something out. It felt like I should've gotten something from this, even though I feel like I've watched nothing for 13 episodes straight.

Tl;dr: It's all just a massive case of "Not my anime", and nothing more. It's a very well produced anime, but I just don't like it.
Daviljoe193May 19, 2023 10:47 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
May 28, 2023 12:47 AM
Feb 2022
Sigh. It’s so disappointing to be really feeling a good anime that seems to just get better and then it just falls apart towards the end.

The ending itself made no sense. How was she already there if she lived longer than him? Why is his heart gone if they are brought back into the afterlife seemingly whole after what are obviously some brutal deaths for some people?

The last few episodes were boring and completely deflated the escalation of the intense story building, and not in a good way. In a total letdown kind of way. The climax was a nonsensical, rushed conversation with some random guy and then shooting computers. What? And then the big hurrah is suffering through that graduation ceremony (although i did chuckle at a couple lines, i cringed and nearly fell asleep at the rest)

Still, good show overall. The plot holes (which I’ve barely touched on), boring episodes here and there, especially towards the end, and other inconsistencies bring it down a few points from what had potential to be at least a 9. I feel really strongly that this deserves no more than a 7 and that’s what im giving it.
Jun 20, 2023 9:46 AM
Dec 2018
I'm done
Why am I still here? just to suffer...
Jul 28, 2023 3:18 AM
May 2021
not that interesting
and it wasnt realy clear
Sep 4, 2023 1:19 PM
Sep 2023
Had me bawling so bad!!
Sep 13, 2023 8:28 PM

Sep 2020
Lots of feels with that graduation and final scene, but the whole love confession came out of nowhere for me and was unnecessary. Maybe I'm a little slow, but I just didn't see any reason for him falling in love with her, especially since they barely interacted in the first place (unless his loins just got hit with loli fever). Ruined a perfectly good goodbye with that and Kanade somehow being there before Otonashi despite the heart transplant.

I just can't wrap my ahead around it and I'm not going to look through 34 pages for the answer so I'm just going to assume he was in pre-limbo for several years until she died, or he was reincarnating all this time until then and she called his soul back to say thanks.

Besides that, I really liked the show. Didn't care much for the action but the comedy and sad tales made it for me, so I'm willing to let go a lot of the mysteries and confusion. It definitely was too short and rushed, I really wish more characters' stories got revealed even if they didn't get a proper resolution before vanishing.

9 in the clip and one in the hole /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Sep 15, 2023 12:38 PM
Aug 2023
Final malo fin😐
Oct 7, 2023 5:10 PM
Oct 2023
1234567890abcdefhijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Oct 22, 2023 1:49 PM

Aug 2020
It's tradition for me to re-watch this show yearly, just completed rewatching fourth time. And it still gets into tears😭 this show will always remain special to me.
Nov 4, 2023 12:01 AM

Dec 2019
I never thought drawings with motions and a voice-over would make me cry for 15 consecutive minutes.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Nov 7, 2023 11:04 AM
Dec 2020
the ending was so sudden it felt incomplete, some characters was just ignored and the graduation song was cringe worthy.
Nov 29, 2023 6:13 PM

Nov 2023
They are slowly disappearing now... rip... it's been fun
Dec 8, 2023 3:05 AM
Dec 2023
Really good anime , it did make me cry like a baby at the end ngl
Dec 12, 2023 12:56 PM
Aug 2023
the ending was so confused
Dec 24, 2023 10:54 PM
Mar 2021
Good anime fire soundtrack, like super fun to play the girl's dead monster songs on guitar, but the ending fucking is shit. I hate when it's open-ended to what happened to everyone. Yeah, sure, we know that they get reincarnated, but what does that look like? Does the Gidemo band somehow reunite again? Do any of them get to see each other again at all? hate open-ended endings. Give us a season 2 at least that shows everyone in their new lives. That would be unique and nice.
Dec 29, 2023 11:25 AM
Dec 2023
so sad, cried for a week
Jan 2, 3:37 PM
Jan 2024
very good and epic stuff
Jan 9, 10:55 AM
Dec 2023

"Angel Beats!" é um anime de 2010 que combina elementos de comédia, ação, drama e fantasia. A história se passa em um mundo pós-morte, onde jovens que tiveram vidas difíceis ou trágicas se encontram em uma escola chamada "Afterlife Battlefront". O protagonista, Otonashi Yuzuru, acorda sem memórias e é introduzido a um grupo rebelde liderado por uma garota chamada Yuri Nakamura.

Nesse mundo, os estudantes descobrem que a "Angel" (Tachibana Kanade) é uma entidade misteriosa que aparentemente governa a vida após a morte. A Battlefront, liderada por Yuri, está em uma missão para resistir contra a Angel e, assim, evitar que os estudantes sejam "obliterados" ou desapareçam completamente.

Ao longo da série, os personagens exploram seus passados e enfrentam seus traumas enquanto lutam contra a Angel e questionam a natureza de sua existência naquele lugar peculiar. A narrativa é marcada por reviravoltas emocionais e revelações surpreendentes, explorando temas como redenção, perdão e a aceitação da morte.

A série é conhecida por sua combinação única de elementos cômicos e emocionais, e também pela trilha sonora tocante, criada pelo grupo musical "Lia". O final da história é particularmente emocional e impactante, deixando uma impressão duradoura nos espectadores.
Jan 13, 9:16 AM
Sep 2023
I watched this anime when I first got into anime back in 2012 and it will forever be my favorite anime.
Jan 27, 11:00 AM
Dec 2021
Epic <3 I cried hard
Feb 2, 3:05 PM
Dec 2023
is goooooooooood
Feb 18, 9:44 AM

Jun 2017
what a guttural punch the ending was .This show epitomises how you can do more with less if you nail the timings .Infact it being a single cour came out a plus to me.They didn't hamstring themselves building a world full of complexities cemented on fairytale logic.Once they did try they failed miserably in second last episode.
The show is all about character interactions with the music and scenerio blending in organically to create a perfect atmospheric presence.I have rewatched Iwasawa's performance multiple times yet still yearning for more.Shout out to the ED as well.Up untill the last episode i assumed it to be a brilliant ode to everyone centred around Kaicho but it was for the person who left last.
The interactive sessions were well paced giving time to evoke a sense of attachment for the characters.
A story about quirky little dudes and dudess finding themselves having common ground of a horrendous past,bonding each other through that pain and eventually realising fullfillment through life shared among them.
I would rate it a 8..
bakakisimaFeb 19, 8:26 AM
Mar 1, 11:19 AM
Feb 2024
its emotional... im cryed on my bed
Mar 4, 10:07 PM
May 2021
Perfect! Is very Good!!
Mar 11, 2:55 PM

Feb 2020
That was a really touching last episode, showing that for how flawed the overall show can be, it's also very sweet and actually heartwarming despite the bitter-sweet aspect.

Unfortunately, the show really had a lot of flaws which I couldn't overlook. The plot kept changing every 2 episodes, some reveals were very underwhelming (like the reveal about the hacker that we got last episode), and above all, for a show that cares so much about its characters, it's crazy how little time it actually spent on developing them beyond Otonashi, Kanade and Yuri (I wish I could've added Hinata and Naoi to the list but they haven't been very explored past the sad backstory unfortunately). Also Yui to some extent but this has me wondering, why did she of all people get an episode fully centered around her struggles while so many characters who seemed much more interesting didn't get that ? We haven't even gotten any backstory for the majority of them which really goes against the point ! I really thought once Otonashi decided to work with Kanade, the show would've focused on helping each character pass on like it promised, and instead every side character just disappeared without any explanation on how they even managed to move on. It's a shame because I can't say I didn't like all these characters but I would've cared a lot more if the show really took the time to develop them instead of having some useless plot about a hacker which only served to help Yuri move on-which could've really been done another way.

Despite all that, it was still touching and quite fun at times despite the serious tonal problems so I give it a 6/10.
Mar 20, 3:15 PM
Mar 2015
this is seriously overrated. so, after the hundredth time a random guy brought it up online I just had to see for myself what all the hype is abt

well here we r... 13 episodes later I'm still like, so what exactly was this show trying to be?! comedy? shonen battle? school? parody? slice of life? and during the final 2 minutes or so, completely outta the blue it's romance as well?! I mean that confession felt so outta place it might as well never happened. I mean at least clue us in a bit

I just can't take this seriously, the plot is all over the place and the art is abt the only thing they kinda did right

so Kanade figured out mc was her donor cuz he didn't have a heart? well he did check off all the options on the donor card so I guess they probably didn't need the rest huh. if the state their remains were in gets reflected on their ghost I'd imagine we'd be seeing a lot of ppl missing "parts" and the like... effectively turning this into a horror anime
GavrocheN7Mar 20, 3:25 PM
Mar 23, 7:48 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to GavrocheN7
this is seriously overrated. so, after the hundredth time a random guy brought it up online I just had to see for myself what all the hype is abt

well here we r... 13 episodes later I'm still like, so what exactly was this show trying to be?! comedy? shonen battle? school? parody? slice of life? and during the final 2 minutes or so, completely outta the blue it's romance as well?! I mean that confession felt so outta place it might as well never happened. I mean at least clue us in a bit

I just can't take this seriously, the plot is all over the place and the art is abt the only thing they kinda did right

so Kanade figured out mc was her donor cuz he didn't have a heart? well he did check off all the options on the donor card so I guess they probably didn't need the rest huh. if the state their remains were in gets reflected on their ghost I'd imagine we'd be seeing a lot of ppl missing "parts" and the like... effectively turning this into a horror anime
@GavrocheN7 I think we got clue how the MC start to like Kanade. With how he more try to get close to her, know about her(while the other characters try shoot, fight with her etc)

Not sure about the missing part. We see the characters that in the school have normal appearance like the girl that die was bald/shaved head but she have hair there.
But the MC is amnesia. So maybe he do really not have inside parts because he donor them all/that can still can be used.

I kind of confused about their dead timelines tho-
Mar 27, 3:46 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 4.5
[Art/Animation] - 4.5
[Sound/Music] - 4
[M-Character] - 4.5
[S-Character] - 4.5
[Enjoyment] - 4
[Overall] - 4.5

This was a thrill of a ride begging to end never got bored this is my seconded time watching this show after 7 years. The animation was good and the style of the characters I liked, Kanade figured out Otonashi was her donor cuz he didn't have a heart was something I forgot and was a big impact at the end... man he really had a hard life.
CcCharlesMar 28, 10:55 AM
Apr 5, 2:08 AM
Aug 2023

Otonashi says he doesn't mind going next, but then when it was just him and Kanade, he not only doesn't want to go, but he tries to convince Kanade to stay with him forever also. Otonashi is such a shitbag. He secretly tried to make people pass on without their knowledge and choice like with Yui, tries to do it behind Yuri's back, and now he's not only a liar during the sentimental parting ways with Hinata and Yuri, but he also selfishly tries to go back on moving on that he was forcing onto the others back when he was doing it secretly, and he selfishly tries to stop Kanade from passing on just for his sake. This guy is just terrible despite his backstory. It would have made more sense for his selfishness if he resented his backstory being unfair like Yuri did, and didn't try to force/manipulate others to pass on. This guy never deserved to be MC, Yuri should have been MC. She was true to herself to the end, and like other commenters have said her sendoff was pathetic given the importance of her character.

This anime really fell apart, they didn't even give a proper sendoff to many of the other characters like the axe guy, the headband guy, the martial artist, the girl in the shadows, and other such prominent characters. They didn't even get shown in the finale episode, they just said they're gone already. What utter disrespect for the characters. If I had to say when this anime went bad, it would be when Otonashi decided to secretly team up with Kanade to manipulate people into passing on. I think most people would say it was when the shadows showed up, but I disagree, Otonashi's character went to shit when he tried to subvert the Afterlife Battlefront to his own agenda. It kind of made no sense for Kanade to go along with the betrayal because it turns out she was never an actual Angel (she was just doing her role as student president), so she must have only been going along with it because Otonashi was her heart donor.

What a mess, I guess people mention this anime so much because of the emotional backstories which I do admit were exceptionally effective. It's just too bad that the main story of the school stuff, the glue which connects the backstories, was subpar and then fell apart into a mess.

6/10
Apr 17, 9:21 PM
Apr 2023
Can u guys explain about yuzuru disappeance at the ending? I don't get it.
Apr 18, 6:06 PM
Apr 2023
Can someone explain the ending? How does yuzuru get back to normal world?
Pages (36) « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.