Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Jan 18, 9:28 AM
Aug 2021
Much more quick to action and brutal than I had thought it would be.
Jan 18, 12:12 PM
Nov 2020
it was a good episode, which followed the material pretty close
Jan 18, 12:13 PM

Feb 2018
So glad to see how well they nailed this episode!
We had some intensity in the last one, as it got towards the end, but in this they really just cranked it up to 1000.
Jan 18, 12:52 PM
Jan 2024
Incredible episode
Jan 18, 2:22 PM

Jul 2022
art is shit compared to the manhwa and animation is mediocre at best, but story still great nonetheless
Jan 18, 5:23 PM

Dec 2022
fedgin brutal hass episode for our dear boy weakest hunter, but i'm sure he'll level up soon enough, right? heh.
Yeah, the pacing was just a bit slow imho but it's not like it's the worst thing ever since i'm still enjoying this so far.

Jan 18, 5:53 PM
Jan 2017
brabo parece o uziel senna
Jan 18, 7:50 PM
Oct 2018
somehow more terrible than the first
Jan 18, 10:30 PM
Jan 2024
lillian doesnt like slive of life soo 3/10 for her
Jan 19, 12:08 AM
Sep 2022
it was just so cool :)
Jan 19, 1:05 AM

Jul 2017
The OP in full sight and Krage's ED, it's perfection.

Song Chi-yul's group isn't faring well with the Cartenon Temple statues and commandments which called people to rever God, which Jin-woo is now stuck in together. Strategy is important, and figuring out the dungeon's rules is how they are going to get out of the Gate alive. But revering God is only the first step, once the statues get off their high ground, every commandment must be taken into account. The statue's wicked smile, despair and death awaits everyone unless they can figure out the puzzle, which Jin-woo tries his damnest to survive, apart from almost losing his right leg.

At this stage, only Jin-woo can solve the riddle through observation to keep the rest alive through many tests, and especially the last which is like the old children's game to stare at the statues before they run to freedom, greed and false hope riddles the human mind. Especially since Joo-hee is out, Song is the only person who can bring her out alive, leaving Jin-woo the only one left to be killed by the statues as the sacrifice. And if he had only one change to change his life, this is his moment.

The riddled life of the Sung family: the weakest hunter Jin-woo, the capable sister Jinah and their bedridden mother, life is brutal, but completing the quest is how he'll rise up.
Jan 19, 5:33 AM
Apr 2023
Pure masterpiece, the sound design is perfect !
The way to make thought feel like they come from us is mindblowing !!!
Jan 19, 5:53 AM
Oct 2023
Visual 9.2/10
Immersion 10/10
BGM 10/10 especially when the singing-statue sang.
As a fan of this manhwa since chapter 1-3 came out and a fan of this light-novel since 5 years ago, it just gave me goosebump to hear the music emoji in manhwa turned to real song.
Jan 19, 7:43 AM
Nov 2022
i was waiting for this moment
Jan 19, 10:26 AM
Jun 2017
ok, rly ok to watch
Jan 19, 10:40 AM
Jun 2020
I like thie anime so far I was 14c when I first read manwha of solo leveling it's feel refreshing to experincing it in anime I'm 18 y/o almost 19 😂😁
Jan 19, 12:00 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to DreadfulLaw
art is shit compared to the manhwa and animation is mediocre at best, but story still great nonetheless
@DreadfulLaw I read few chapters of the Manhwa after watching Ep 2 and honestly speaking the anime have more polished art style as of now imo. The animation and the music is also top tier. I like that the anime desided to be more Gore and dramatic compare to the Manhwa.
Jan 19, 12:26 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to ZXEAN
@DreadfulLaw I read few chapters of the Manhwa after watching Ep 2 and honestly speaking the anime have more polished art style as of now imo. The animation and the music is also top tier. I like that the anime desided to be more Gore and dramatic compare to the Manhwa.
@ZXEAN
are you blind?
Jan 19, 5:56 PM

Aug 2023
Ok I’ve heard the hype around this show but damn I wasn’t expecting all that. The gore was absolutely crazy and the main character is honestly quite appealing. The ending scenes were quite intense and I don’t really know what to expect next episode. Hopefully he comes back from the dead super OP. But what will happen to all his friends? I will be tuning in for next episode!
Jan 19, 6:06 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to DreadfulLaw
@ZXEAN
are you blind?
@DreadfulLaw No but I think you are for sure.
ZXEANJan 19, 6:10 PM
Jan 19, 7:05 PM
Aug 2018
Another cool episode that leaves the viewer wanting more. Are we in a video game? What exactly is happening here?
Jan 19, 7:18 PM
Dec 2023
It's a really interesting anime that I originally didn't think I would be fond of, but have taken a liking to it. Definitely looking forward to the rest of this series.
Jan 19, 7:35 PM
Jan 2024
Pretty good second episode, the final scene is just incredible
Jan 19, 10:16 PM

Aug 2019
For anime standards, the gore is really well done.
Jan 19, 11:58 PM
Sep 2023
Do not waste your time waiting for 12eps ? again 12eps? of anime.. damn, go and read Manhwa for sure, because it's one of these you won't stop until you finish. I'm not telling you this anime isn't good, it is pretty great, but can't imagine how it's not 100 eps at least, not to mention Beru won't be even introduced.
Jan 20, 1:18 AM

Jul 2022
Reply to ZXEAN
@DreadfulLaw No but I think you are for sure.
@ZXEAN lol sure, go watch a trash isekai or something kid
Jan 20, 2:11 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to deffusse55555
Do not waste your time waiting for 12eps ? again 12eps? of anime.. damn, go and read Manhwa for sure, because it's one of these you won't stop until you finish. I'm not telling you this anime isn't good, it is pretty great, but can't imagine how it's not 100 eps at least, not to mention Beru won't be even introduced.
@deffusse55555

its 25 episode 2 cour anime.
Jan 20, 3:04 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to DreadfulLaw
@ZXEAN lol sure, go watch a trash isekai or something kid
@DreadfulLaw You don't have to tell me what to watch. Mind your own business.
Jan 20, 3:20 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
holy fuck that was amazing

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 20, 5:38 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to RedCobra75
@deffusse55555

its 25 episode 2 cour anime.
@RedCobra75 Still not enough to cover the whole story (period) Even if the story isn't multiple-character driven - to tell the truth it is more a one-man show and copies multiple mangas, but still really enjoyable and fun to read. The best manhwa I've ever read.
Jan 20, 8:56 AM

Apr 2021
it was incredibly amazing. This test made them use many of their intelligence, some made wrong decisions, but few escaped. This could mean that the remainder goes to the next level. It was really good, I'll wait for the next episode.
Jan 20, 8:57 AM
Jan 2024
I wish it was longer or the whole season could be released at once for me to binge. :D
Jan 20, 9:43 AM

Dec 2018
I've been waiting for years to see this scene. It only gets more hype from here. If they keep this up it's gonna hit top 100 list at the LEAST. Really solid adaptation so far.
Jan 20, 9:45 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to pbbuiter
ef-jey said:
@pbbuiter best chapters of solo leveling? debatable I'd say. My opinion As also a manhwa reader, there are some other story points that equal / higher than this. don't want to spoil tho. But, yeah maybe one of the best part.

@ef-jey I just don't really like self insert stories and at its core that is entirely what Solo Leveling is imo. Don't hate it or anything, but it's not nearly as well written as these first 2 episodes to me.
@pbbuiter Having a main character overcome adversity (which by the way doesn't stop anytime soon) is not a self insert any more than The Odyssy is a self insert. Self insert is being surrounded by buxom women, having superpowers from birth oh and also loads of money, everyone loving you, and nothing goes wrong.
Jan 20, 9:48 AM
Apr 2020
Way better than the first episodes
Jan 20, 9:48 AM
Apr 2020
Way better than the first episode
Jan 20, 10:26 AM
Dec 2015
Reply to StateofOhayo
@pbbuiter Having a main character overcome adversity (which by the way doesn't stop anytime soon) is not a self insert any more than The Odyssy is a self insert. Self insert is being surrounded by buxom women, having superpowers from birth oh and also loads of money, everyone loving you, and nothing goes wrong.
@StateofOhayo I think it's absolutely hilarious how all of those things you listed are all things Solo Leveling unapologetically does
Jan 20, 10:34 AM
Jan 2019
First two episodes should have been one extended one. For a anime that has been hyped up since it's announcement, the current production is kinda poor. Especially the decision to place cliffhanger after cliffhanger even though the story really isn't that deep and special to justify that. The general plot is obvious from the first few minutes, putting a cliffhanger in a situation the viewer basically already knows the outcome of is just bad directing.
Jan 20, 10:47 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to pbbuiter
@StateofOhayo I think it's absolutely hilarious how all of those things you listed are all things Solo Leveling unapologetically does
@pbbuiter buxom women? not really but a love interest later on yes. loads of money? he works for and earns. superpowers from birth? literally the weakest guy ever, your grandma has a higher power level and he literally DIES to earn it. Everyone loving you? everyone HATES him and tells him to leave. Nothing goes wrong? He is constantly injured, dies, one of his friends gets smashed to bits in front of him, and his mom has a terminal disease, he's the weakest ever and yet earns what little he makes on his mom's hospital costs.

dude, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Jan 20, 11:24 AM
Sep 2021
that was good and the art graphic was really nice
Jan 20, 11:28 AM
Nov 2023
I have now words to describe this work of art. It is truly one of the best anime I have ever seen, among thousands.
Jan 20, 1:44 PM

Aug 2020
3/5

an improvement on the first episode but not by much. The animation remains consistent but the plot feels too rehashed and shallow for me. Very uninteresting protagonist until this point. The gore scenes were eye candy, sure but are we judging this show just on deaths & lame freakouts? Hope not!!! ~~
Jan 20, 2:53 PM
Oct 2023
Its really good like monhua

Jan 20, 2:54 PM
Oct 2023
Its really good like monhua

Jan 20, 7:57 PM

Aug 2019
It’s quite incredible that we’re seeing this iconic manhwa animated.

“Will you accept” oh my gosh! Here we go!!
Jan 20, 10:57 PM
Aug 2020
Episode two really sets the tone for the rest of the anime. It is so beautifully done.
Jan 21, 8:53 AM
Jun 2022
Definitely does the original justice. Well animated and well paced.
Jan 21, 8:53 AM
Jun 2022
Definitely does the original justice. Well animated and well paced.
Jan 22, 12:01 AM
Oct 2021
It's like the production value goes higher per episode. Damn, I'm loving these English VAs
Jan 22, 3:11 AM
Jan 2021
yesss.....yessssssss...yeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.... that evil smile........
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How would you feel about gates opening in real life?

Shizuna - Apr 9

43 by Merve2Love »»
Yesterday, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

260 by MainAxe9880 »»
Yesterday, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

165 by Sats »»
May 20, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

226 by Sats »»
May 20, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

383 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 20, 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.