Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 10, 4:27 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
There's no way a little girl like her can swallow so much meat at once...
Feb 10, 8:42 PM

Mar 2017
genuinely laughed at this post thank you
Feb 11, 12:46 AM
Nov 2023
She not only eats meat.
UtiorFeb 11, 4:21 AM
Feb 11, 1:18 AM
Apr 2023
In a manhwa I read the elves only consume non green or non veg products while trees and nature are considered to be their friends and they worship nature so we can say in every universe elves have different culture when it comes to food.
Feb 11, 4:26 AM

May 2021
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
There's no way a little girl like her can swallow so much meat at once...
@BigBoyAdvance Frieren, petit 1.60m elf girl stuffs her face with meat in anime, me, petit 1.60m human girl stuffs her face with meat irl on a (almost) daily basis

Nah it def possible 🥩🥓🍗🍖🍔
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Feb 11, 4:29 AM
Nov 2023
Forest elves, bosmers from Elder Scrolls eats only meat (including meat other elves)
Feb 11, 5:23 AM

Jun 2019
Just as with vampires, pixies, fairies, goblins, youkai, Western-style demons, dragons, genies/djinn, mermaids, etc., the lore background and rules governing their existence vary from work to work so there is nothing wrong with portraying elves in a way which clashes with the way they are portrayed in other works of fiction.
Feb 11, 7:14 AM

Jan 2022
Last I checked Frieren isn't a wood elf.
Feb 11, 1:38 PM
Nov 2017
Did you say vegan and vegetarian a same thing..?
ilusatusFeb 11, 1:42 PM
Feb 11, 2:13 PM

May 2018
Marcille from Dungeon Meshi also enjoys meant, so...no pattern here.
Feb 11, 3:36 PM
May 2015
Reply to Hikinekomori
No, elves are hunters and gatherers, not exactly farmers they do hunt animals but they are very respectful of nature. They coexist in the forest, they don't take more than they need.
Frieren had a plate of meat larger than her body which makes sense for anime.
Anime often have a strong culinary sense of meat but in reality the Japanese are not big consumers of meat but of fish, probably this derives from the fact that in the past meat was a rare and precious food.
Eating a lot of meat also has a meaning of well-being, abandonment and celebration.
@Hikinekomori ehhh, as someone who lived there for a few years, non-fish meat is very prevalent in many of their dishes. Now is it good ole seared steak like what Frieren eats? Nah, that’s pretty uncommon.

But there are TONS of meals that rely on beefsteak, chicken, pork, etc.
Feb 11, 3:36 PM
May 2015
Reply to Hikinekomori
No, elves are hunters and gatherers, not exactly farmers they do hunt animals but they are very respectful of nature. They coexist in the forest, they don't take more than they need.
Frieren had a plate of meat larger than her body which makes sense for anime.
Anime often have a strong culinary sense of meat but in reality the Japanese are not big consumers of meat but of fish, probably this derives from the fact that in the past meat was a rare and precious food.
Eating a lot of meat also has a meaning of well-being, abandonment and celebration.
@Hikinekomori ehhh, as someone who lived there for a few years, non-fish meat is very prevalent in many of their dishes. Now is it good ole seared steak like what Frieren eats? Nah, that’s pretty uncommon.

But there are TONS of meals that rely on beefsteak, chicken, pork, etc.
Feb 11, 6:30 PM

Apr 2012
Tasty meat indeed. Eat Fresh!
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 11, 7:25 PM

Aug 2020
Nah please God no not this take

Feb 11, 10:27 PM
Nov 2020
bruh what are you on ? 😂
Feb 11, 11:41 PM
Jan 2017
Wood Elves in DnD and Elder Scrolls are vegan. These are the only examples I can think of.

EDIT: I don't even think they are now that I think about it. They eat animals that have died of natural causes. They don't mess with nature themselves. If I remember correctly they don't even fell trees themselves.
Feb 12, 1:15 AM

Mar 2008
I havent noticed any domestic animals that i recall and seems there is a fair number of monstrous beasts so makes sense predatory creatures would be eaten to not let them go to waste when they are killed. Someone correct me if im wrong on worldbuilding. My memory isnt always clear.
Feb 12, 2:29 AM
Aug 2021
Being vegan is dumb. Why would frieren be dumb 😑
Feb 12, 5:15 AM

Oct 2014
How dare you assume Frieren's dietary choice.
Feb 12, 6:19 AM

Apr 2020
"Doesn’t it feel wrong to see an elf chowing down on a huge pile of meat?"

Poor Himmel...

"A single 'thank you' is worth more than a million sorries."
-𝐸𝓂𝒾𝓁𝒾𝒶
Feb 12, 5:49 PM
Dec 2018
Reply to WaffleMaster89
Frieren being based as always.
@WaffleMaster89 Based on what?
Feb 15, 9:57 AM
Jul 2023
I really shouldn’t be finding this funny this is funny asf
Feb 22, 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
There are practically no stories that say elves are de-fault vegetarian or vegan, tho. Mostly they respect nature's ressources, that doesn't mean they never eat meat.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Read the manga?

RealityChanges - Yesterday

8 by Lograi »»
3 hours ago

» Dub ( 1 2 )

Cutie-Kun - Jun 6

52 by Estefan »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

842 by FONZACUS »»
Yesterday, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 8

505 by MasterK »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 1

252 by MasterK »»
Yesterday, 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.