Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 9, 10:05 AM

Apr 2023
probably my favourite from this season so far tbh, rn its between this and solo levelling
Jan 9, 12:04 PM

Jan 2020
Holy shit that was sooooo wholesome. It's soooooooo cute!
Jan 9, 12:27 PM
Mar 2022
The animation in this series is absolutely amazing, combined with the characters and the sountrack, this really is a masterpiece!
Jan 9, 1:04 PM

Sep 2013
Very cute and heartwarming. Good first episode. As others said above, the guy doesn't genuinely understand personal space haha.. looking foward for more developments in their story.
sic mundus
Jan 9, 3:30 PM

Sep 2017
A bit flowery, but I quite liked it. We basically got a love confession here so I guess shows over, huh? My man was pretty hands-y reaching out and like full on palming her head lmao. The ultimate shoujo fantasy or some shit. Other than that...

L I P S
Jan 9, 4:46 PM
Feb 2021
oh this is gooooood..very well done..well paced and art style chefs kiss..just very elegant perfect to the story..
and the fact this is airing in winter toooooo😭😭
(reminds me of the on going kdrama I'm watching tell me you love me)
Jan 9, 5:22 PM
Mar 2017
Screaming.. Crying.. Punching the air right now..
Must protect Yuki
Jan 9, 5:32 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to felixsifuri
@ZXEAN dude is grabbing her head and getting all up in her personal space in the first minute they meet, then repeats the same thing later. If you don't see how that's creepy, then I'm worried for you
Completely agree!
I watched this first episode hoping for a Nana-adjacent experience, with some interesting exploration of the experiences and internal life of the female lead, but only got an infantile infatuation story and a male lead who might well have something more going for him later on, but whose first impression is that of a very creepy, pushy dude (wtf was that "Let me into your world too, Yuki"?).
His behavior would not at all be tolerated if he were some ugly guy (imagine some ugly guy -- say the uncle from Isekai Ojisan -- doing the things the male lead did this episode and tell me if that's a good setup for a romance story, if it's cute, if it's wholesome, if it's heartwarming).
Very weird that some girls will fantasize about stuff like this if it's a handsome guy doing it. Why confirm or encourage what that guy said?
nautilus64Jan 9, 6:06 PM
Jan 9, 7:14 PM

Nov 2023
Really liking the art style for this anime. It's got this cutesy vibe to it. Yuki is such an adorable character and I want to see how her story ends.
Jan 9, 7:58 PM

Aug 2021
that was really cute. hope it keeps up
Jan 9, 8:36 PM

Aug 2013
Well... I think I found the first new anime I liked AND it could be interesting to watch it. I liked that series could follow up her deafness as a normal thing and not problematize like in Koe no Katachi, which I think matches more with the respective demographic ( I am not talking the KNK's way is bad or something btw). Maybe the big deal to watch it is seeing how Yuki (?) will communicate with the silver hair guy and the guy trying to speak with her learnin' her lang; the treatment the tv show gave to special yuki's thoughts standing out it is a nice thing. I guess I can like so much this anime.
Jan 10, 12:43 AM
Apr 2013
That was quite a bit faster than I am used to with a romance genre. Definitely will continue to see how the pace goes.
Jan 10, 4:31 AM
Nov 2022
Cute af but i dont rlly like the art style, maybe i will get used to it but the visuals are super pretty
Jan 10, 5:54 AM
Mar 2022
jtredenick said:
Ain't this just a copy of A silent voice?

nope, a silent voice isn't a romance, this is. BTW what makes you think this is similar to a silent voice? Just because the main girl is deaf? ASV is about redemption and the consequences of bullying, but this is clearly not. How did you even think that they are the same anyway? Just because they both have deaf girls with pink hair? If that's the case then 99% of anime is the same since the main characters are all guys with long hair
Jan 10, 6:57 AM

Nov 2014
Ah of course, I'm here watching another shoujo and it always brings the same fuzzy feeling

Some of these characters are seriously well-designed. Frankly, it should be illegal to be as hot as any of these characters
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 10, 8:49 AM
Nov 2020
FINALLYYYYY IT WAS SO WHOLESOME AND SATISFYING MY EXPECTIONS FROM THE MANGA WERE FULLY MET AND IM SO GLADD
Jan 10, 9:50 AM
Nov 2018
Does anyone know what she's wearing in her ears? Are those hearing aids? If yes, why doesn't she hear anything?
Jan 10, 1:36 PM

Jul 2021
Very pretty and sweet, not to mention interesting setup.

I hope the story and the characters develop in interesting and heartwarming ways. The start feels like a standard, full-blooded Shoujo, with a gentle, ray-of-sunshine girl and an impossibly-handsome, mysterious but actually considerate guy.
Jan 10, 4:07 PM
May 2023
I don't know. I knew it was going to be a bit cringe, but this was very uncomfortable to watch. Like I was embarrassed watching some parts.

I feel bad for the main girl. Girl, even if you are deaf that doesn't mean that a man who literally does the bare minimum, is your dream man. Like what? He is learning sign language for you? Okay? Also get better friends who don't force you to just read their lips when you literally tell the main man that you only read lips a little. AND THE PART WHERE THE MAN MOVES YOUR FACE TO LOOK AT HIM??? EWWWWWWW.

Hmm, I don't know, it just feels weird to me to see any type of disability framed like this. BUT I do enjoy that there are some parts that are accurate, and this definitely is one of the better portrayals of being deaf than some others.

And take my word with a grain of salt, I am not deaf myself, but I am disabled and I have taken interests in other types of disabilities, and have talked to others and learned a bunch of stuff and of course, done research too.

Besides that, the style of story is just very overly sweet and some parts kind of clash in tone. Like the anime tries to be realistic, but then there is the very cringe inducing part where Yuki drops the umbrella and starts jumping??? Very weird and it felt out of place. So much so that I was in pain with second hand embarrassement.

Anyway. Might watch more of this but I don't know if I can
Jan 10, 5:42 PM
Jun 2021
Interesting episode and good character interaction, cute couple.
Jan 10, 7:57 PM

May 2013
sometimes all it takes is one show to remind me why I love anime so much and what it means to me. Really loving this so far from ep1.
Jan 10, 8:23 PM
Dec 2014
The final scene was beautiful, i love this first episode.
Jan 10, 10:29 PM
Apr 2015
@kisaragi_eki
Nah I would rather they just drop it. Hating on Yuki showing her happiness through her whole body is very weird
Jan 11, 4:41 AM

Apr 2023
I did feel moved at the last scene. However, I'm glad that this is a shoujo and romance anime, otherwise an innocent hearing-impaired girl like Yuki having a crush on an unfamiliar guy who dares stroke her head when they just met could be potentially dangerous for her...
Jan 11, 4:59 AM

Jul 2009
So pretty and polished, that's how you integrate cgi in anime, it gives every shoujo anime justice.
Not sure how much I'm invested in the story because it looks like pretty basic concept.
Jan 11, 6:06 AM

Jan 2021
Omg. Never thought that I would enjoy the first episode so much... okay, so I've read the manga up to volume 2 last year and I dropped it because I didn't really like Itsuomi.. but somehow, I quite liked him here.. he gave me a good impression here... I don't know what made me think/feel he was different? But I really like the scene when they exchange contact! That's so sweet. I'll probably pick up the manga again after the anime ends~

Jan 11, 7:20 AM
Jan 2015
I didn't expect it to be THAT great. A very cute, heartwarming and fun first episode. The opening made me tear up - it's so beautiful omg - but the last couple of minutes, when Yuki jumped up full of joy, I really cried like a baby. :D
Jan 11, 9:44 AM

Sep 2016
of course the ikemen is giving her a headpat on their very first encounter ... dropped
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 12, 12:06 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Kind of boring and diabetogenic. However, the inner world of Yuki and her monologues made it quite interesting.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jan 12, 12:11 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It may possibly be the revelation series of the season.
The animation is sweet, the music is gourmand, and young love is savored with small doses of naivety and beauty.
Cool first episode!
Jan 12, 12:46 AM
Oct 2014
This is going to be wholesome and enjoyable. The ML is such an eye candy.
Jan 12, 4:30 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This is fking adorable. She is SOOOO CUTEEE

Dude was a bit odd but he grew on me by the end. Bros gotta stop palming her head XD

Also, for all the anime studios out there, if you need english voice actors for foreigners please HMU I will be better than what you got
Jan 12, 4:31 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Unpopular opinion but I didn’t love A Silent Voice, so I’m hoping this becomes what I hoped that would be
Jan 12, 6:02 AM

Aug 2020
I didn’t expect to enjoy the anime like I did.
The animation is so beautiful and it seems to have a good storyline.
I don’t usually watch shoujo but I’m very excited to watch this one.

I like how Yuki is kawaii, shy and kinda awkward and Itsuomi seems to be a gentleman in his own way, let’s see how their story will come up.

Did I say the animation is so beautiful? 😍

🎃 My MALoween Candy 2023 🎃

Jan 12, 7:24 AM

Jan 2017
Looks good! Yuki is so cute and Itsuomi is really cool. Also lots of interesting side/supporting characters. Looking forward to this
Jan 12, 12:45 PM

Sep 2021
Yuki is so cute!
Looking forward to more episodes of this anime.
Jan 12, 7:01 PM

May 2021
A very sweet premiere episode
Jan 13, 6:43 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ngl that thicc lips kind of averted my eyes, almost rolling hard. Especially from that mob dude.

But the soothing ambience of winter is way too big to be ignore. Not to mention the fmc, Yuki and her silence world gives me such a more relaxing moment. Her energetic response, in silent, also giving a positive vibes. Dat that dance accepting the flirt from the white haired just give me doki-doki.

Talking a bit about the white haired dude, he really have a charm to do all that moves. Almost can't bat my eyes off dude screen time ngl. Dat patting. Dat message flirting. Dat laugh. Dat lips.

Alright, yubisakiren, please bring me to the top.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 13, 6:52 AM
Dec 2012
Told my shounen bro watch club that I wanted us to try at least one shoujo together this season...and they said this was their favorite of the night! The vibes are just immaculate on this one, I'm so excited for the next episode!

I am kinda disappointed that the mother of a deaf child doesn't seem to know how to sign though??? What's that about??? I guess it makes the end of the ep hit harder but still, seems weird.
Jan 13, 11:15 AM
Feb 2015
That "Let me in yours" text got me all goosebumpy I was not expecting that at all 😂
Jan 13, 3:25 PM

Apr 2012
I was expecting him to learn sign language considering he is multi lingual. Maybe he does in the future? Would be cool
Jan 13, 9:31 PM
Apr 2019
I have the say, this was better than I thought it would be.
Jan 13, 11:39 PM
Apr 2018
I feel this is gonna be the romcom for me for this season.

Love the vibes, the aesthetics and setting. Goes from all cut, wholesome to serious monotones with perfect delivery of inner dialogues and monologues with the feelings add that to the beautiful ost and scene settings. chefs kiss. Love the concept of the sign language as well.

The two leads are interesting, itsuomi especially he gives of the wholesome yet mysterious vibe while yuki is introvert, wholesome type but still bold enough to let out her feelings.
The side cast are decent as well so far i like rin shes a good friend and funny as well. The black haired dude seems to be a potential future character with some ties to the main plot. hope it doesnt turn out to be a love triangle.

Overall good start. Love the opening and ED song, fits the show.

Oh yea the "its huge" "let me in" made me laugh and also go aww at the same time xD
Jan 14, 8:50 PM
May 2020
not enough gojo satoru
Jan 14, 10:50 PM
Aug 2020
''wow he's handsome I'm in love'' ''I hate superficial people'' Shoujo has a good romance but the story is absurdly ridiculous and full of ulterior motives
Jan 14, 11:43 PM
Dec 2022
Yuki=snow. So the OP & ED songs plus the opening scene make sense now. It is a solid start to the series.
Jan 15, 12:39 AM
Jan 2024
It was interesting seeing an anime series where the protagonist is deaf.
Jan 15, 10:33 AM

Jul 2016
Aww how cute and wholesome. The good ol' deaf girl anime troupe strikes again, it's the easiest way to get a high score on mal every time lmao. The ED song is my favorite song of the season, good shit. The atmosphere was really relaxing in this one, I like the slow pace too.
Jan 17, 11:18 PM
Dec 2016
This is so cute! It definitely has lots of promise, and I'll be looking forward to it. Her dance at the end was cute, if a little out of the blue? And her friend Rin seems nice but also kinda ableist imo? It just rubbed me the wrong way that she "explained" about Yuki without involving her in the conversation. But the show is still very young!
If only you could see the world as it truly is! It is beautiful and on fire and awful.
Jan 18, 12:54 PM
Aug 2023
Made me feel something new!
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

144 by japanese_god »»
Jun 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

198 by babybatparisa »»
Jun 17, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

138 by Hazamelis »»
Jun 15, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

108 by pillowofwinds »»
Jun 5, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

104 by pillowofwinds »»
Jun 5, 9:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.