Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 29, 2022 11:24 AM

May 2021
id say yes, depending on what the art is.
Jul 29, 2022 11:29 AM

Dec 2008
Can you separate Rurouni Kenshin from Nobuhiro Watsuki? I did not, and after that, I didn’t care what Watsuki did.
Jul 29, 2022 11:53 AM

Apr 2015
Depends tbh. Like if we pick the well known example Roman Polanski, his movie Repulsion feels hollow to me in what it tries to portray when I remember the scumbag behind it. However movie isn't just made by one person and there are many talented people involved who should deserve recognition. I personally only avoid supporting the creator monetarily if he has done some heinous stuff and I know they still get money from the work. I bought my Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2 movies from thrift shop as I didn't wanna give my money, regardless how small amount, to a person like Victor Salva.
Jul 29, 2022 12:55 PM
Oct 2019
philtecturophy said:
ThoreauBureau said:

I doubt you even understand what the English language truly is, or I doubt you are incapable of having any sense of writing. You cannot just write something and say it has truth to it. /s Doesn't it sound silly to say something like that? If I put a bunch of numbers together and called it a proof you would be right to call me stupid. Just like in math, you need understanding to write something and then have it be true. What you are saying lacks even that basic logic. Will you say that Mozart is less of an artist because he liked to put potty humor in his music? Did he therefore degrade humanity? Perhaps before insulting someone - and this is just a theory - you should take the time to educate yourself on the subject. There is pretty much no scholarly work that agrees with you (unless you count some writings by Adorno who is hotly contested). Feel free to actually do research on this and come back with a functioning response. Think of it as the scientific method, if you like. Let us further humanity together by gaining new and nuanced understanding.

tldr and too lazy for the prolonged debate, so I will just put these two videos and let your miniscule brain digest and contemplate what is art, and how should it sounds and looked like:

Also not quite get why you mentioned about my education all of sudden.
FYI, I am educated in both architecture and classical piano, also am a civil engineer. See my MAL blog.

Yes exactly. You have classical piano education. I also do from many years of lessons. However I also have liberal arts degree which contained many many music theory, history, and discussion components as well as many years of playing multiple instruments that aren’t the piano. You brought up education by calling into question my understanding so I only responded. The fact that you refuse to actually make any argument (too lazy? Or more likely just refuse to be wrong about something) tells a lot.

I wouldn’t claim to have knowledge about being an engineer. Perhaps you shouldn’t claim any knowledge about music past any classical piano.

Tldr- you suck at arguing a point
Jul 29, 2022 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
It depends on the art and the artist. If there are none of their hateful opinions in the art... maybe. But it's rarely the case, because people are no machines and art is no science. There is always some of your own personality in your art, so it really depends and varoies from artwork to artwork and artist to artist.

In the case of for example Rowling ... I won't support someone, who hates my very existence and supports hate groups against me, because I'm not a simp lol. In my own environment, I also won't interact more than I have to with people, who would hate me, so what.
Jul 29, 2022 4:31 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
@ThoreauBureau
Ben Shapiro didn't start the rap isn't music discuss It's debated for years since the 90s. He just made it mainstreamed the topic. I changed opinion. I consider it club music. Mostly about sex and bragging that and money.

@ArabianLuffy
I never forget that. I can't even look at Kenshin no more.
Jul 29, 2022 6:33 PM

Feb 2018
Yes easily I literally don’t care who makes art, there is however a difference with consuming art or entertainment and paying money and supporting bad people. It also depends on how bad the act the person or company did and if the people making said art or product despise you.
The answer to 1984 is 1776
Jul 29, 2022 7:47 PM

Sep 2018
Yes, but only if it's good and if I can find a method of consuming it for free.

If the only way of viewing it involves giving money to someone I hate then it's a hard pass.
♪ MAL card collector and anime challenge enjoyer
♫ My alignment is Chaotic Stupid™

Anime Challenges
Card Collection
DELIVER HERE!
Jul 29, 2022 7:54 PM

Aug 2009
It depends. As I Lay Dying, sure. Marilyn Manson, currently yes. Iced Earth, no.

Jul 31, 2022 2:35 AM

Mar 2021
It's hard, but I still do it. Most classic rock musicians have had unflattering sexual pasts, but I still love their music. And I will still watch an anime if it has Vic Mignogna in it; even though he's not a great person, he's a great VA.

I won't always do it, though. I won't be watching any Gus Johnson for the time being, even though he is quite funny.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Jul 31, 2022 2:58 AM

Jun 2019
Of course and always. No one is the sum total of any one thing they think or thought, say or said, or do or did. Ever.

You could literally be a serial killer and torturer and rapist cannibal of newborn babies. If you have something interesting to say, I'm going to listen. Self-imposed ignorance and preening deprivation accomplishes zilch.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one who doesnt like discord? ( 1 2 )

Bensku - Sep 21

88 by nanajp »»
3 minutes ago

» Have you ever been on TV?

RobertBobert - 4 minutes ago

0 by RobertBobert »»
4 minutes ago

» What scenarios do you create in your mind before going to sleep?

nanajp - 1 hour ago

19 by Commit_Crime »»
9 minutes ago

» Has ChatGPT improved your quality of life?

BigBoyAdvance - 6 hours ago

24 by Exhumatika »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Hobbes vs Rousseau

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

10 by traed »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.