Forum Settings
Forums

What is the WORST anime you've ever seen and why?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 23, 2018 6:49 PM

Jul 2016
Zelkiiro said:
gekko_13 said:

But but but... but it looks so cute :3

...It most certainly does not. At all.

Oh god no! OPINIONS!! aaahhh!! haha, but seriously, I haven't watched lucky star yet. Moe isn't exactly my cup of tea, however, I've heard nothing but good reviews. So I guess I will just have to see for myself :) thanks for your input!
Jan 23, 2018 6:51 PM

Jul 2016
It doesn't feel right grouping Attack on Titan in with Himouto Umaru Chan but I respect your decision to do so.
Jan 23, 2018 7:12 PM

Aug 2017
I one time saw this really obscure anime, I dunno if you guys heard of this, its called fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, but its really bad
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2018 7:35 PM

Jul 2016
ass_yrian said:
I one time saw this really obscure anime, I dunno if you guys heard of this, its called fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, but its really bad

Obvious troll is obvious.........
Jan 23, 2018 7:40 PM

Nov 2008
Zelkiiro said:
gekko_13 said:

But but but... but it looks so cute :3

Lucky Star is cute. That is a universal fact. :'D

@gekko_13 if it appeals to you, watch it. I like it very much. Some people may find it boring because they talk a lot about nothing but it is an enjoyable show for me :3

Jan 23, 2018 7:48 PM
Jul 2016
gekko_13 said:
It doesn't feel right grouping Attack on Titan in with Himouto Umaru Chan but I respect your decision to do so.

The major problem I had with Attack on Titan was that none of the characters were likable. With Himouto, it was the MC Umaru that ruined it.
Jan 23, 2018 7:55 PM

Jul 2016
Chiibi said:
Zelkiiro said:

@gekko_13 if it appeals to you, watch it. I like it very much. Some people may find it boring because they talk a lot about nothing but it is an enjoyable show for me :3

its on my to watch list. ill give it a shot for sure :)
Jan 23, 2018 7:57 PM

Jul 2016
Cordell666 said:
gekko_13 said:

The major problem I had with Attack on Titan was that none of the characters were likable. With Himouto, it was the MC Umaru that ruined it.

I can agree with you on that aspect. for me, I cant really relate to any of the characters with attack on titan, however, I'm more enveloped with the story itself, not the characters. I couldn't care less what happens with the characters, I'm more or less following the show for its conclusion. its an interesting world and I like the idea of it. so I will continue with it :) as for Himouto Umaru Chan , fuck that shit.
Jan 23, 2018 8:10 PM

May 2016
Chiibi said:
Zelkiiro said:

It looks repulsive.

You want a cute series, you got Ore Monogatari!! or Fruits Basket or Usagi Drop. Not fuckin' Lucky Star with its eye-bleeding mid-2000s-digitally-painted horrorscape.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 23, 2018 8:14 PM

May 2016
If I go soft, I would say Mirai Nikki (pretty cliche on me). But if I go hardcore:

Utsu Musume Sayuri.
Jan 23, 2018 8:15 PM

Jul 2016
Super Lovers. There's only so much borderline incestuous illegal stuff I can watch without actually cringing. Not to mention the show is just completely dull and the characters are awful.
Jan 23, 2018 8:18 PM

Oct 2017
SuzuMine-chan said:
If I go soft, I would say Mirai Nikki (pretty cliche on me). But if I go hardcore:

Utsu Musume Sayuri.

Instant regret looking up for it, I don't think it can be actually called an anime but some weirdo shit low production waste video. It is in my top 10 worst shit right now

“It's okay to live, even if there's no greater point to living. -” Konno Yuuki

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

“Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.” – Sora

Jan 23, 2018 8:21 PM

May 2016
KonnoYuukiSenpai said:
SuzuMine-chan said:

Utsu Musume Sayuri.

Instant regret looking up for it, I don't think it can be actually called an anime but some weirdo shit low production waste video. It is in my top 10 worst shit right now
I feel sorry for your mind right now. Well, at least it can't be any worse.
Jan 23, 2018 8:24 PM

Oct 2017
SuzuMine-chan said:
KonnoYuukiSenpai said:

Probably par to skelter heaven and Mars of destruction, something that I don't EVER wanna watched again in my life, i can't believe it actually score 2. sth but not start with 1

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

Jan 23, 2018 8:26 PM

May 2016
KonnoYuukiSenpai said:
SuzuMine-chan said:

Probably par to skelter heaven and Mars of destruction, something that I don't EVER wanna watched again in my life, i can't believe it actually score 2. sth but not start with 1
Nah, even Mars of Destruction and Slekter Heaven are better. At least they aren't disturbing to watch. And also, they're funny because of how bad they are imo.
Jan 23, 2018 8:31 PM

Oct 2017
SuzuMine-chan said:
KonnoYuukiSenpai said:

Nah, even Mars of Destruction and Slekter Heaven are better. At least they aren't disturbing to watch. And also, they're funny because of how bad they are imo.

True I was actually laughing when I watch skelter heaven, it was too funny that someone actually makes it but damn Utsu Musume Sayuri has no propose at all and it was so disturbing that it gives nightmares to kids

Jan 23, 2018 8:31 PM

Nov 2016
It's hard to decide actually.

Should I pick Requiem for the phantom that was an absolute weeb power fantasy that decided to inhale a great french movie with its asshole and shit it back covered in weeb shit?

Should I pick Sacred Star of Milos that made a movie that is worst than the worst Naruto fillers? The plot makes no sense and contradict itself, is full of exposition, has bad animation, feels like it's 30 hours long and introduce two characters that steal the spotlight from Ed and Al.

Should I pick Highschool of the Dead because it should have been a hentai instead of a shameless ecchi tease with boring characters that get ass-pulled and given more weapons every two episodes?

Should I pick First Squad: The Moment of Truth for looking awesome and promising but turning out to be the ultimate form of deception? It's 73 minutes of exposition on how a waifu-looking medium is supposed to win WWII by going in the afterlife and recruiting her dead squad mates to defeat a ghost baron summoned by the nazis but nothing happens until the last 5 minutes and it's anticlimactic af.

Like seriously it's really hard. I wish I could just say Mars of Destruction but I haven't seen it and I doubt it can be this bad.
Jan 23, 2018 8:34 PM

May 2016
KonnoYuukiSenpai said:
SuzuMine-chan said:

True I was actually laughing when I watch skelter heaven, it was too funny that someone actually makes it but damn Utsu Musume Sayuri has no propose at all and it was so disturbing that it gives nightmares to kids
And to adults too. It's THAT level of disturbingness.
Jan 23, 2018 8:38 PM

Jun 2017
Phantasy Star Online the Animation
Absolutely awful and has nothing redeemable about it. I can't even bother hating it.
Jan 23, 2018 8:38 PM

Oct 2017
Rinar said:
It's hard to decide actually.

Should I pick Requiem for the phantom that was an absolute weeb power fantasy that decided to inhale a great french movie with its asshole and shit it back covered in weeb shit?

Should I pick Sacred Star of Milos that made a movie that is worst than the worst Naruto fillers? The plot makes no sense and contradict itself, is full of exposition, has bad animation, feels like it's 30 hours long and introduce two characters that steal the spotlight from Ed and Al.

Should I pick Highschool of the Dead because it should have been a hentai instead of a shameless ecchi tease with boring characters that get ass-pulled and given more weapons every two episodes?

Should I pick First Squad: The Moment of Truth for looking awesome and promising but turning out to be the ultimate form of deception? It's 73 minutes of exposition on how a waifu-looking medium is supposed to win WWII by going in the afterlife and recruiting her dead squad mates to defeat a ghost baron summoned by the nazis but nothing happens until the last 5 minutes and it's anticlimactic af.

Like seriously it's really hard. I wish I could just say Mars of Destruction but I haven't seen it and I doubt it can be this bad.

You should watch it. Don't laugh so hard tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 23, 2018 8:40 PM

Nov 2008
Zelkiiro said:
Chiibi said:

It looks repulsive.

You want a cute series, you got Ore Monogatari!! or Fruits Basket or Usagi Drop. Not fuckin' Lucky Star with its eye-bleeding mid-2000s-digitally-painted horrorscape.

Well, I LOVE it.

OH NOES DIFFERENT OPINIONS AND SHIT......

and ore monogatari's MC looks repulsive to me

Jan 23, 2018 8:43 PM

Aug 2017
Excluding nonsense like Mars of Dankstrongion, probably Berserk current year minus 2. That was so *clanging* awful. Hilarious as fuck though, even if its not what they intended.

Not sure if it counts since at this point I've given up on it after episode 2, but throw Neon Jelly-ness Evanjellyon in there strictly because of Shinji's existence. No way he improves as a character from all I hear.
Jan 23, 2018 8:53 PM
Aug 2014
Hmm... I think the second season of Orimo is the only show that's actively pissed me off, if that counts.

Aside from that, any generic ecchi that doesn't even manage to be funny.
I'm not saying Steins;Gate has to be your favourite show. But if you don't like it I'll have to drown you in Dr Pepper.

Sometimes I forget to check back when I post. If you really think I need to hear something it's best to just send me a message.
Jan 23, 2018 9:07 PM
Jan 2018
I'm going to get roasted for this, but I really dislike the Haruhi Suzumiya animated series, mostly due to a combination of a bad case of overhype and not fitting my personal tastes.

I went into the show with high expectations but it ended up stretching itself thin and not doing any particular genre well. Most of the cast ended up being unlikable and the lack of solid plot really hammered the last nail in the coffin for me.

Maybe if I watched it again after all these years I'll have a change of heart, but I just don't have good memories of the show.
Jan 23, 2018 9:14 PM

Jun 2013
dangan ronpa 3. not only a bad addition to the series it actually plot holes and goes against the pole. characterization thrown out the door.
Ideals, philosophy, art, culture. They live and die for the meme. - Kamukura Izuru

Jan 23, 2018 9:15 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Forgot to add Fairy Tail on my last post. Not only one of the ugliest Shonen adaptations, it looks hella bland. But the voice acting is not memorable and as A-1 does with most shit the animation cuts every damn corner imaginable.

Even Black Clover doesn't look that bad....
Jan 23, 2018 11:02 PM
Jul 2018
Probably DRAMAtical Murder. A friend of mine got me to watch it and it was the most pointless, worthless pile of shit I've ever seen xd
Jan 24, 2018 12:08 AM

Nov 2016
KonnoYuukiSenpai said:
Rinar said:
I wish I could just say Mars of Destruction but I haven't seen it and I doubt it can be this bad.

You should watch it. Don't laugh so hard tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I know lol, that's the point. If it isn't on my watchlist, then I just forgot to add it. I love things that are laughably bad +w+
Jan 24, 2018 12:14 AM

Jan 2017
Worst series that I have seen - Dragonball GT. The new characters are terrible. Old ones are like caricatures of themselves. The plot is horrible in just about every single way. The fight choreography is laughably bad. The entire series is basically a Goku shit show for the most part. I have had issues with Dragonball Super as well, and at this point I have dropped it, but I still find that series to be just slightly better than GT. I would have dropped GT too if it weren't 64 episodes long.
Jan 24, 2018 12:19 AM

Feb 2017
Mirai fucking nikki and Code geass Season 2
Jan 24, 2018 12:30 AM
Jul 2017
Owari no seraph, everything is bad about it. I finished it because of the opening and this guy.

Sword art online 2, it was laughably bad.
FrostScarletJan 24, 2018 12:33 AM
Jan 24, 2018 2:08 AM

Apr 2015
Kiba, such a shitty anime with a shitty, uninteresting protagonist and characters with stupid names like Dumas (That's how they pronounce it) the entire anime just fucking drags mate. Just a generally unpleasant experience to watch this anime. With uni deadlines, I genuinely mourn the time I lost watching the little of it I was able to endure.
Jan 24, 2018 2:18 AM

Apr 2015
Baki the grappler, a subject matter for an anime that would lend itself to a classic masterpiece of an anime. Instead they have managed to create this monstrosity of an anime. The tackyness of this anime radiates out of my monitor and physically makes me uncomfortable. It takes every opportunity it can to make it's self just an extremely lame and uncool anime. A pile of dehydrated h. pylori infected squealing pig shit.
Jan 24, 2018 3:07 AM

Jul 2017
Jan 24, 2018 5:54 AM

Jun 2008
Air.
It was painful, really painful. Especially because at the time i had completed everything i tried to watch and i tried 3 times to finish it and in the end failed.
It was the anime that made me accept dropping some shows.

This alien monster is still haunting my dreams
MonadJan 24, 2018 5:58 AM
Jan 24, 2018 7:17 AM
Aug 2016
Aman_Tiwary said:
School Days. Worst show I ever seen. Plot just shit and characters are also shit. No sense in storyline.

Not going to lie, I liked the ending. I felt it was deserved.
Jan 24, 2018 7:24 AM

Jan 2017
Boku no pico, I'm pretty sure you know why...
F
Jan 24, 2018 8:44 AM

Dec 2016
Aphelion9 said:
Worst series that I have seen - Dragonball GT. The new characters are terrible. Old ones are like caricatures of themselves. The plot is horrible in just about every single way. The fight choreography is laughably bad. The entire series is basically a Goku shit show for the most part. I have had issues with Dragonball Super as well, and at this point I have dropped it, but I still find that series to be just slightly better than GT. I would have dropped GT too if it weren't 64 episodes long.

True, but the music was amazing and the final episode was perfection.
Jan 24, 2018 8:54 AM
Aug 2011
Pupa, I've never seen an anime that made me that repulsed in my life.
Jan 24, 2018 12:38 PM

Jul 2011
Girls Bravo was horrendous. Possibly the worst harem anime conceived.
Jan 24, 2018 2:31 PM

Aug 2017
Queen's Blade. There are worse animes than QB, but that's the worst I've seen. xD
Jan 24, 2018 3:00 PM

Nov 2015
Diabolik Lovers was so bad that it felt good (*LOUD APPLE BITING NOISE, WEIRD SLUUUURPS, quotes stollen from the most cringy harlequins in the background*), so I won't call this trainwreck the WORST anime I've seen. I actually kind of enjoyed it, had a good laugh. The WORST would probably be Elfen Lied. It was a mix of Paulo Coelho level philosophy, edgyness in pure form and random anime tiddies. Not even anything funny about it. Why do some people still consider it good i don't understand explain please
Jan 24, 2018 3:49 PM

Mar 2013
PUPA

Reason: Same reason as everyone else.
Jan 24, 2018 3:52 PM

Nov 2009
Nisekoi
Blend S
Log Horizon
FMA Brotherhood
Kaiba
Serial Experiment Lain
Tatami Galaxy

-EDIT-
Koe no Katachi
Rakudai Kishi
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Little Witch Academia
VyzassJan 27, 2018 9:30 PM
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Jan 24, 2018 3:54 PM

Nov 2015
Elfen Lied.

I'm not gonna bother explaining why...
Jan 24, 2018 3:58 PM

Apr 2016
*sigh* welp, there can only he one.

I know this anime basically turned me into a meme but if that means I can blast it every time I want, so be it. Hand Shakers is the worst anime ever made!

To quickly surmise, it manages to both be one of the laziest narratives and have so many reused footage and stock effects (and worthless characters), and also be so broken in terms of writing and production that it manages to show what exactly can go wrong in an ambitious production. it is, as far as anime is concerned, it is the enemy of creativity itself. Also, it pisses me off to no end.

If you wanna more, you can find my review of it. Actually, I reviewed it twice (technically 3...sorta) and the second one is better. Still, it is nigh-indescribable in terms of how abysmal this monstrosity is.

Also, it has like...no plot.
Jan 24, 2018 4:03 PM
Mar 2015
I could not make through the OP of Lucky Star. The dance number was just too stupid. I really wanted to watch ACCA 13 but the first 5 minutes were just too boring
Jan 24, 2018 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ... by far the shittiest shounen to have ever been granted the honor of getting an anime.

It begins as a painfully unfunny gag comedy about mafia babies doing crazy shenanigans and after the twenty episode it shifts in what I can only describe as the most mediocre, idiotic, and lazy battle shonen of them all. And I would know, because I suffered 103 episodes of this garbage before giving up completely. Now, it is pretty much forgotten as it should be, how it managed to get 203 episodes is beyond me. Guess fujoshicrap can get you only so far ...
Jan 24, 2018 6:18 PM

Jul 2016
Vyzass said:
Nisekoi
Blend S
Log Horizon
FMA Brotherhood
Kaiba
Serial Experiment Lain
Tatami Galaxy

I actually quite liked nisekoi season 1, season 2 was a little off putting for me though. same goes with log horizon. season 1 was good, season 2 mehh.
Jan 24, 2018 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
foolarc10k said:
the worst anime i've ever seen was Mirai Nikki

I'm really surprised to see so many people hating on mirai nikki. I didn't feel as if it was the worst anime ever made, sure wasn't the best. but I respect your opinion :)
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - 11 hours ago

106 by Cestlavie_ »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you even watch anime like how you used to?

removed-user - Yesterday

37 by Akuya »»
13 minutes ago

» Are you a fan of the Touhou Project series?

DesuMaiden - 7 hours ago

27 by Timeline_man »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you care more about Art or Entertainment?

zaganGao - 4 hours ago

17 by derliss »»
14 minutes ago

» Why I won't check out anime based on PC visual novels

littlepaul1002 - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.