Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 19, 2022 2:34 AM
Nov 2016
This episode was silly, the type of silly stupid episode with a ridiculous love story that made no sense at all, one of the worst episodes but then again, this was simply a silly filler episode, most fillers are pretty bad and this one is no exception.

And how on earth is the old guy that wanted to marry the girl older than the girl's father? seriously, he looks older than her father and her father is supposed to be much older than them. This was ridiculous, goddamn, it got me cringing for a while.
Apr 7, 2022 3:48 PM

Jul 2016
"Hey! You two can't get married but still can get together and have as many children as you want."

What?
Jun 8, 2022 8:13 PM

Oct 2015
That guy is an honorable man for those constant duels with the girl's father. The girl's father is a stubborn fool for dragging it for so long, hey man he should've just let him marry after maybe a year or two. Until you're an old man! Damn that's harsh. Those two should've eloped like yesterday, their love had nothing to do with him anyways, who's he to stand in the way. Imagine climbing those stairs for that long, yeesh!

Magic's Rude song was playing at the back of my mind when this was all said and done.
lihle808Jun 8, 2022 8:17 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 25, 2022 11:15 PM
Jun 2021
歐陽我來娶妳了 is a mood
Dec 3, 2022 3:27 AM

Dec 2012
That father.. he's so cruel

Mar 8, 2023 9:00 AM

Nov 2021
that was very sweet episode, the ending is wholesome
Aug 2, 2023 2:30 AM
Jun 2021
Damn that was a really good episode, going as far as he can for love and i don't lnow but is it taken from a real life person? i am assuming because of the ending, and link click also takes real life events like the earthquake in the last episode. I was initially going to skip this episode because i though it's a recap ep or something but i came to check here and people said it's worth a watch, glad i watched it.
Aug 5, 2023 8:38 AM
Jan 2023
I think this episode was relevant, later on I'm pretty sure Cheng Xiaoshi was using martial arts skills that he learnt from the characters this episode. 
Sep 21, 2023 6:08 AM
Oct 2019
almost missed this episode, why the hell they didn't just included this in the first season?

anyway, what the f?
how is the father still alive, he must at 90 to 100 years by now LMAO

That's crazy!!
Oct 12, 2023 2:09 AM

Aug 2019
How is the old man still alive, and why did he take so long to accept him lol 

They already have kids and everything, so why take forever to accept someone who is genuinely a great guy for your daughter?
Oct 19, 2023 9:38 PM

Feb 2012
Nice little episode but after we saw how old the man and girl currently are it pissed me the fck off rofl. The dad is mentally ill making them wait that long.
Dec 18, 2023 12:13 PM

Aug 2009
So the daughter and the guy already had a child! So it can be interpreted that they were living together (the guy opened a dojo himself at the city at the bottom of the mountain, so the child learned martial arts from him), and had a happy life, but didn't marry because they respected the family tradition.

In this interpretation, the father also respected the daughter's free will and let her be with the man she loves, despite not approving of the relation.

So both sides respected each other, but did not budge on their stance, until, well, the father give in and the couple could finally get married, even if it's at an old age. And they did already live together and have a happy life, so it's not like they were suffering their whole life. Pretty sweet!

Of course, a more darker, unhappy interpretation would be that the daughter got pregnant, but got forced to continue to live at the father's place with the child and wasn't allowed to live with the man she loved. The child of course could have learned martial arts from the grandfather, and the only time the guy was allowed to visit the daughter was basically once a year when the guy challenges the father/grandfather.

But I don't think the darker interpretation is very likely, because the daughter was allowed to freely move around as she wanted, this much was already shown when the guy and the daughter took the photo together, for example. And the grandfather would then also have to be a real asshole to separate the child from his father, which would also make the daughter hate her father much more than the final fight scene implied. So personally, I think the happier interpretation is more likely.

All in all, pretty sweet side story, though yeah, the cell phone does confuse a bit.
Mar 15, 12:49 PM

Jul 2017
so the killer was their female friend. good. no need to see more of this.
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎 (ᐢ..ᐢ)
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ »[𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎]«
May 17, 6:30 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Really dumb story. If the girl really loved him, she would have simply eloped.
May 26, 12:52 AM
Jul 2018
This anime made me tear up so much. PRETTY MUCH EVERY EPISODE OF THiS ANIME MADE ME TEAR UP! What a great love between the two, they never gave up. I'm angry at the girl's dad for taking so long to accept his love for his daughter though. What a horrible father.
Jul 30, 11:31 PM

Mar 2015
Nice episode in the middle! Interesting how the father spoke Cantonese where this series has been in Mandarin!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» don't skip this episode

Khashishi - Jul 22, 2023

4 by OvergrownRover »»
Jul 23, 2023 10:22 PM

» What does the cell say at the end?

Hoelle98 - Aug 21, 2021

5 by nullings »»
Nov 5, 2022 12:23 PM

» Cell Phone - Plot Hole?

Takano28 - Jun 26, 2021

6 by Pale_Martian »»
Sep 21, 2021 1:15 PM

» Is this episode 5.5?

Faust16 - Jul 26, 2021

3 by removed-user »»
Sep 9, 2021 8:23 PM

» Does anyone know where to watch episode 5.5? [ANSWERED]

voovoov - Jun 18, 2021

12 by voovoov »»
Jul 10, 2021 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.